Sony Ericsson C510 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Text input6/10Everyday usage9/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 26 Aug 2012, 11:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
sony ericsson c510
subbu8278 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review
why dosnt youtube work on my sony ericsson c510. whenever i open youtube it says video interrupted please restart video. how do i fix this please reply please..
and how can i overcome this problem.. tell me any alternate answer.
Build quality 8/10Reception 8/10Call quality 8/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 7/10UI speed 7/10Everyday usage 8/10Text input 7/10Display 8/10Battery 8/10
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 01 Dec 2010, 05:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Sep 2009)
kajendran94 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
The SE C510 is an awsome cheap phone. i bought this phone for its simple design and awsome functions. the camera is only good in sunlight but not so gud in indoors and specialy at night. and the flash is realy useless. But the camera has some good camera functions such as face detection and smile shutter. the sound quality is also decent.You cant expect more from this phone. If you are gonna buy a decent,cheap,simple looking phone go for it. but if you are expecting a good cybershot you should try something else.Build quality 10/10Reception 6/10Call quality 7/10Internet 6/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 4/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 5/10Display 6/10Battery 8/10
- great camera only in direct sunlight.
- decent sound quality.
- motion sensor
- simple design
- pocket friendly
- awsome themes are suported.
- camera nt so gud in low lights & indoors.
- camera unusable at night...
- Useless flash!!!! :@
- keys are kind of small for me.
- display nt so gud in direct sunlight
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 14 Oct 2010, 10:37
Sony Ericsson c510:- The boss
I bought this phone 7 months ago & it hasn't given me a single problem.
Here are my Pros and Cons for the SE C510:
But overall, a great phone and I'll recommend it to you (under 10K).
:-)Design 7/10Features 9/10Performance 9/10
- 3.2 MP camera with Auto, macro, infinite and face detection focussing modes. (Great Macro shots)
- 100 MB internal memory prevents any lags/ hangs. Fast UI.
- Awesome Media Player. The audio processors + good headset -> superb music experience.
- Accelerometer is great while watching videos.
- Support for eye-catching themes in the UI.
- 8 GB external M2 card support.
- 2.2' display with great colours & resolution.
- Lots of useful preloaded software.
- Pocket freindly candy-bar.
- Camera could have performed better in low light (Flash hardly helps there).
- Video browsing in the Media Player is little bit sluggish.
- Keypad returns less feedback while typing.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 12 Jul 2010, 01:50
Hi everyone. I'm also one of those who are looking for a good phone under the range of Rs. 10000 ($200). I was also searching for a a phone with all features and with almost perfect handset. I also searched here and there and found out this phone...first i had doubt of which phone should i go for. I had choices like Samsung Star Lg Cookie, SE T715, SE W595, SE C510 or SE K810i. After whole research i went for C510. I was not sure how will it perform. So the night i bought i charged it fully and then used it. It gave me 3 days runDesign 9/10Features 10/10Performance 9/10
- Good design (black one)
- Camera (daylight as well as some photos in night)
- Awesome Music Quality ( It comes with Bass reflex headphones)
- Nice User Interface
- Call Quality ( never heard something like that ...too good)
- You'll never miss a call in any kind of noise.
- Internet ...good browser and very indeed with 2G speed.
- It supports all softwares.
- Media Menu Rocks..
- Auto Rotate function is cool.
- Accelerometer is also responsive....especially with playing marble madness game with it.
- Camera in night ( this is because of no xenon flash but dual Led does it job....way beter than N73 and other 3MP camera) .
5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 28 Jan 2010, 08:41
worth for each rupee
The only problem is camera at low light conditions otherwise the phone is very good.
Best sony ericsson budget phone in phone arena.
A good internet phone which supports hspa(both hsdpa and hsupa).
I advice you all to update your phone software every 2 or 3 months.Till now 4 updates have come.
good luck with your c510.Design 8/10Features 10/10Performance 10/10
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 09 Oct 2009, 10:58
C510 - Worth Buying!
I bought it on August2008 at Univercell, Bangalore for Rs.10.5k. I was more than happy to have a phone with pro camera interface.I was little disappointed when it didnt perform well in low-light since it doesnt have a flash (there is one flash like photo light). But other sets like twilight, incandescent, spot focus, etc., will balance you out.Sony Ericsson is good in surprising you when you browse through mobile features. This one is not an exception.Overall I am very much satisfied.Design 8/10Features 9/10Performance 5/10
- 1) Good Media software with good photo & music management + good headphone output
- 2) 3G + video call with both cameras
- 3) Motion sensor
- 4) Applications like WalkMate, Youtube, FaceBook, Google Maps are preloaded
- 1) Bad performance - phone becomes dead while browsing video files and also at some other times
6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 07 Sep 2009, 08:40
When i bought it i had some high expectations, but it has not met many of then. It doesnt deserve to be called a Cyber-Shot! I have been using the phone for nearly a month now. I had a SE W700i before this and even that took better pictures at night! And they call this a Cyber-Shot!Its like they have intentionally given it lesser functions to make sure it is inferior to the other cyber shots (which are, ofcourse, more expensive). The photo quality at night is very bad. It is also not good in bright sun light. Its only at its best when the conditions are not too bright nor too dull. So if you really want your phone to have a good camera: this is not the phone for you!See pros and cons:Design 7/10Features 7/10Performance 6/10
- 1. The Camera works well in well lit conditions.
- 2. Not very expensive.
- 3. Great battery life.
- 4. Great music quality (as in any SE!)
- 5. Good interface for Media (songs, photos, videos, etc).
- 6. Above average looks.
- 7. Pretty fast (does not hang)
- 8. Good organiser.
- 9. Very good messaging interface.
- 1. The Camera is extremely bad at night.
- 2. The Flash is a farce.
- 3. No Night Mode option.
- 4. In the 'Photo Mate' application (which is basically a guide to using the camera) they mention a mode available called the 'Twilight Potrait Mode' but it is not available in the camera option! Hence even worse photos at night.
- 5. Ear phones hurt the ears.
- So considering it is a Cyber-Shot phone it is a disappointment. A 6 or at the most a 7 out of 10.
11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 05 Sep 2009, 10:09
C510 hmmmmDesign 7/10Features 6/10Performance 6/10
- Looks n Design
- Sleek Phone
- Light machanism on keypad is Amazing
- Themes are quite impressive
- Auto rotate feature
- Sliding Camera cover
- Pocket friendly
- Being a Cybershot nothing Impressive regarding Photos
- Can't zoom and take pics in 1/2/3 MP mode. Zoom only availiable if we select VGA Mode
- Headphones are without any cousions, hurt in ears
- Have to manually select minimize options to keep playing Music unlike other SE phones
10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 19 Jun 2009, 00:03
superb cell by sony
hey everybody really a superb cell....i just got it yesterday....nd no probs...i had ma choice btn w595 nd c510...but this one really rocks than tat in al factors tat toooo cam nd price...so just go fr it frens...ny doubts ask me....Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 10/10
- 3g nd google maps nd other applications
- easy messaging options
- superb themes
- auto rotate.
- headphones r really gud cos its bass reflex ones
- proccessin s fast nd simple
- scratch proof nd gud protection for camera
- flash s excellant than n73 r others
- gud sound clarity
- photo editin using adobe,,video dj rocks
- su m more to tell...
- best buy
- hmmm external sound s bit less...in n73 its 100% means dis one gives 90%,,,,i tynk dis doesn matter much
6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 15 Jun 2009, 05:44
I used to have a sony ericsson w700i, with a headphone with a 3.5mm jack in it. Will it work on the C510Design 6/10Features 6/10Performance 5/10
- Looks classy
- Good OS
- Nothing special about design
- Nothing different from other SE phones
- No 3.5mm jack
4 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 08 Jun 2009, 09:50
the C510 is good! not excellent because the camera is quite dodgy...o.o had the k800 cybershot 3.2 and its better but still, this phone is cheap but the thing that annoys me most is THE HEADPHONES!!!! the GOD DAMN HEADPHONES! because im 13, the headphones are too big for me and i have to PUSH with full strenght and fiddle around with it to put it properly so i can get good sound but it hurts my ear when i fiddle around with it. i know i sound fussy but COME ONE! my k800 headphones(which i gave away with the headphones already) are better! they fit! and they have the soft thingy so it doesnt hurt. JUST ONE THING!!! THE HEADPHONES!!! really annoys me-.-Design 9/10Features 9/10Performance 10/10
- everything except for the headphones
1 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 08 May 2009, 08:20
I Bought the phone on first week after release. I have used it for a month...
Decent phone and Cheap. The is good but to me it is not great. At first there was some shutter lag in camera. There was a software update available. I updated through the sony ericsson update service. Now the Camera seems to be a bit faster.
For me the batter comes around 2 to 3 days.
The interface is sleek and nice. Music is as usual [as in all sony ericsson phones]
Overall it is a best buy.Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 9/10
- 3.2 MP camera
- Threaded sms
- Maximum 8 GB memory card supported
- Smile shuttter
- Little slow camera performance
7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 18 Apr 2009, 07:10
Sony ericsson c510 go for it
Good phone,attractive,good 3.2 mpx with auto focus,smile detection,flash and blogging.The battery stands nearly 1 and a half day after playing 1 hr music,2hr games,20mins of camera,1hr of talktime.so the baterry is above average.xenon flash is a missing feature.average keypad.External speaker has decent output.3.5 mm jack is coming with the earphone but not inbuilt.there are some disadvantages but the price matters a lot.a good phone to hang out with.Design 9/10Features 9/10Performance 9/10
- Slim,cheap phone
- xenon flash
13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 06 Apr 2009, 04:59
Good phone and the only sony phone having smile shutter in it.3.2 mp camera makes it good to shoot pics in well lit conditions but clicking pics using flash makes it a little low.The cam is not as god as the k-790/800 phones which had a much great pics.
auto rotate and motion gaming is good and for value of ur money it can be a good buy.no prblems till yet in my phone.im using it for past 3-4 months.
screen resolution is good n sony reliability factor still goes with it.drop it or sit on it.it will never leave you.Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 9/10
- -good screen
- -auto rotate
- -sound is good
- -camera not good in low light condiions
- -no 3.5 mm jack
- -more good phones available at this range money
22 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report