Sanyo SCP-2700 User Reviews

Display7.3/10
UI speed8.7/10
Camera8.3/10

nannick2011
posted on 18 Dec 2011, 00:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)

The "juno

nannick2011 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love it. Its a good phone. It has everything that a person would need in a phone. It has a camera, comes in different colors, its attractive, it fits in your pockets. I needed to upgrade, and i decided because i was bored with my LG Aloha i switched over to this phone. With a totally different service, and this phone made my decision to stay on the service.

Battery 7/10 The Battery is ok , not the best

• Color Variety
  • Easy to Use
  • Good Price
  • Good Quality
  • Attractive

Cons

• Battery Lasts 7hr and then it starts dieing :/

Darrio
posted on 19 Dec 2010, 13:55

QWERTY Meets Me, Me meets Decent phone.

Darrio has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had to switch back from my LG Rumor since it broke in half. This phone didn't meet any of my standards at first, but with the full Qwerty keyboard and The sleek design of the phone makes me Like it better. This phone NEVER cut off on me or any slow-downs and I can say SANYO did A excellent job on the stabibility of this phone. Even though this phone didn't do a lot of my standards or exceeding them, I treasured this phone because It didn't give me any problems, even til' this day.

Build quality 10/10 VERY STABLE. never cut off on me. and restoring default settings is better to use. Dropping the phone was alot to me, but it barley had a deep scratch. Battery top, ehh not so good.
Reception 10/10 Good Sprint/Roaming Signal Everywhere I go. But I need a Roam Only feature so it won't continue to attempt to search for Sprint service everywhere even on Automatic.
Call quality 8/10 Kinda Choppy but the quality last long. Volume from others are way too loud even if I turn them down, including recording Voice Memos. Earpiece/Bluetooth can't really hear them good.
Internet 8/10 The internet is small on WAP Version phones but not on this one. It's 3G Network from Sprint makes this phone easier to use when I go anywhere.
Multimedia 3/10 No music player, Video Player, Streaming (Youtube) Handler, nothing. This phone only takes decent pictures but lacks SD Card support and MP3 Sounds.
Camera 7/10 1.3 Meg portion of this phone makes it look better including every day basis like me taking pictures every 24/7 (: It could be better though.
Everyday usage 10/10 I use this phone everyday to text, call or just browse the internet.
Text input 8/10 The QWERTY version on this phone makes it better. But I give it a 8 because the keyboard is smushed together causing me to press another button that I am not attempting to press.
Display 5/10 Lacks themes, etc; It was just the regular sprint colors, and the fonts look a little sloppy.
Battery 4/10 The battery dies faster when the phone is trying to search for service (even when your on Automatic).. Dies when you play Java applications that requires the internet, and the higher the contrast the lower the battery life.

Pros

• 1.3 Meg Takes Good Quality!
  • QWERTY Made it better
  • Java Applications

Cons

• Lacks Music Player
  • Video Player (No)
  • Streaming Youtube (No)
  • Battery Lowers
  • E-Mail Send/Rec Fails Sometimes
  • SD Card Support
  • 16MB is not Good Enough
  • Only Support .QCP Ringers -___-

Darrio
posted on 19 Dec 2010, 13:40

The Sanyo.

Darrio has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is a temporarily phone until april. Currently, I like it because It's sleek and it's nice. This phone did alot of things to satisfy but it lowered my standards that wasn't on my other phone. This phone is 3G Making the internet faster, but it's alot of other things that I hate about it Read My Pros/Cons.

Camera 8/10 The camera is a 1.3 Meg and it takes better photos than other 1.3 Meg phones.
Battery 5/10 This battery depletes when on standby. The 4hr usage really doesn't kick in.

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Music Player
  • No VIdeo

posted on 04 Aug 2009, 19:48

The best phone that I have ever had

This is just a basic phone with a full qwerty. For people like me who text a lot and doing a ton of IMs. This phone is wonderful. Its not too big, not too light. Just right. I have had it for a while now. I come from the blackberry curve. Not to say that the blackberry isn't a good phone but all i do is text.
The keybord is snug but you get use to it. Wish it had a slot for an SD card, but they can't make everyone happy now can they.
Just a wonderful phone.

Pros

Cons

• The keyboard is snug, but you get use to it

Jimmarino
posted on 13 Jun 2009, 13:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jun 2009)

Great Phone for a Great Price

I just purchased the Sanyo SCP-2700 yesterday and right away I was blown away. I've read the review and it seems all that was said was negatives. For someone who has been around with sprint since the first flip phone, and when the color screen was introduced, you have a greater appreciation for all of the phones that are out now. I was looking at the Lotus but I decided for about 60.00 cheaper I could get a phone in a color I wanted, the style I preferred, and though I'd rather the SCP-2700 had a mini SD slot, I was rather pleased with it's other features such as the GPS Navigation and the converstaion style format the text messaging system has. Coming from the Samsung A920, I was used to the mp3 player and video camera, but in my opinion the camera on the 2700 is outstanding, I was blown away by the quality. The only other drawback I suppose would be the QWERTY keypad and how close the keys are. But I quickly adapted to the snugness and text and type without a problem. The layout of the menu is simple yet complex. Many of the functions are easy to get the hang of and you'll always know where things are located. I am overall very satisfied with the SCP-2700 and I recommend it to any text crazy individual with a tight budget such as myself. The Pro's outweigh the cons by far in this situation.

Pros

• Sleek design
  • easy layout
  • great camera quality
  • great battery life
  • GPS navigation

Cons

• No micro SD card slot
  • snugness of keyboard