Sanyo Katana LX User Reviews

tridiman
posted on 11 Nov 2009, 18:53

love this phone

Only got a cell phone because it is required for my work. I love the auto answer feature with the auto speaker, because I get ear problems with a bluetooth. I love how if I forget to plug it in for a couple of days, and still have an almost full battery when work calls. Only wish that sprint had a smaller family plan as my wife and I only use like 10 to 80 minutes a month. I am going to upgrade my wifes phone to this also as she has one of the free ones from sprint which has a problem with the battery only lasting half a day without use and is barely a year old. :D

Pros

• long battery life when not in use but on.
  • great speaker so can be used blue tooth free.
  • durable (have dropped many times out of shirt pocket)

Cons

• hard to see front screen in full daylight

cowgirl8907
posted on 29 Aug 2009, 02:01

Its an ok phone

this phone i have had it for over a year and i like it but i wish it was more advance on some of its features. sometimes when i open the phone to look up a number or send a text and the screen freezes up so then i have to reclose it and open it again to get the phone to kick on. one good thing is this phone is durable its survived my year old son playing with it for the last 6 months and he drops it all the time. its survived me dropping it all the time on concrete ashphalt and etc and i havent had it break. i like this phone too cause its small and compacted.

Pros

• small and compact.
  • simple
  • durable

Cons

• freezing up.
  • crappy picture quality
  • no video capablity
  • cant recieve video mail

KeepNTouch
posted on 24 Jun 2009, 09:04

Good Easy To Use Phone

I selected this phone for my aging mother when she FINALLY left Verizon to join my plan with Sprint and save some money.  She's old and doesn't like things too complicated.  She has hearing problems and needs glasses.  My mother really likes this phone.  She's very happy about the improved voice quality, it syncs well with her bluetooth and even in her car's bluetooth (yes she's still driving).
Grandma didn't want a lot of bells and whistles and she doesn't want to learn a new phone every two years.  Apparently Verizon nudges and nudges you to upgrade your phone and not everyone wants to relearn something new.  Since we are still using a 4 or 5 year old Sanyo phone (MM8300) on one of my lines, I felt confident that my mother will be safe with her Katana for years to come.
OH.,, it has a very good battery life because my mother FORGETS to charge the phone at times.  Mom!!
My mother likes the design of this phone as well.  Oh brother!  Didn't think she would notice, but she did.  Glad I could help.

Pros

• sound on calls
  • simple to use/uncomplicated
  • good battery life

Cons

• at this day and age I think a camera is EXPECTED

FNC
posted on 10 Oct 2008, 14:02

Bad phone

I purchased this phone in June having to have it replaced in July.  The keys stopped working.  I thought it was just that one phone, but here I am not even two months later having the same problem.  This phone sucks!

Eric
posted on 12 May 2008, 21:09

Downgrade

This phone is ugly. I think the Katana II looked better. Everything seems to be a downgrade. I is durable, though. It's too bad Sanyo didn't make a better looking phone.