Sanyo Incognito SCP-6760 User Reviews

Display6.9/10
Build quality6.4/10
Everyday usage7.4/10

bubbles3_77
posted on 26 Jan 2012, 13:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)

Not that good

bubbles3_77 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for over a year never been able to use the touch screen on the front. That was a joke. after a couple months I could only talk on speaker phone. The texting works great Pics are good. internet started out great then went down hill. I can not read full messages any more on the internet. Can not wait to get rid of this phone next month... Love boost they treat me good.

Build quality 1/10 the touch screen dose not work and can only use speaker phone
Call quality 1/10 can not use main phone

Sanyo/Incognito/Lover
posted on 14 Jul 2011, 19:37

Perfect Just For me

Sanyo/Incognito/Lover has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had the Boost Mobile Incognito , and I like it more now than when I did when I got it. Love the big QUERTY keyboard. Haven't had any lockup problems ,Great Touchpad On Front best Phone I Have Ever Had!
Never Wanna Get A New Phone! This Is The Bomb!

Pros

• Cool
  • New To Boost Mobile
  • Sturdy
  • Long Battery
  • Good For Big Fingers
  • Touch Screen Numberpad On Front
  • Good Web Browser
  • Can Watch Youtube Videos
  • Easy Access To Multimedia Networks
  • .........Much More!.............

Cons

• No Cons At All

Sanyo/Incognito/Lover alternatives:

jlmorris
posted on 10 May 2011, 08:31

mrmr

jlmorris has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

overall this is a good phone for the price. i can't afford the new iphones, so they probably surf the web faster than this one. texting is good because they keys are spaced nicely and has a "text" button to go to straight to texting. it does take time to send texts with attachments. picture quality isn't great either taking, or viewing pictures, but turn out good once uploaded to the computer. haven't had the battery problems, or the shutting down problems others have had. but i do take care of my phone. best phone for the price.

Text input 10/10 very easy to text compared to other phones. keys are spaced nicely.
Display 5/10 pictures taken and received doesn't have great quality bur ok.
Battery 10/10 i can run the battery for two days before it dies. i use the web search, and text alot. had another "cheap" phone that i had charge twice a day.

Pros

• easy texting, flip style prevents "butt dialing"

Cons

• not all web videos play, not great using as a "phone" as far as sound, camera and pictures not good.

Lokiii
posted on 10 Apr 2011, 15:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Apr 2011)

Sanyo Incognito

Lokiii has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had owned other Boost mobile phones before I decided (to what I thought was) an upgrade to the Sanyo incognito that I currently own. I must admit that when i first purchased this phone i thought it looked nice and appreciated the features it claimed to offer. But it was not long at all that I became very disappointed with it. The accumulation of flaws became noticable in no time. My biggest issue is that the screen cover touch pad is rarely responsive, having to open the phone and use qwerty 99.999999999% percent of the time just to dial numbers, answer or hang up calls. second in place of the flaws would be that i cannot seem to access as much on the web, especially in comparison to cheaper phones i had through Boost. Another flaw would be the way a portion of pictures are framed when they are sent or saved. There are some decent features to this phone but not enough to make up for the flaws. What angers me above all things is that i spent about $130.00 at Best Buy on the incognito, Finding very shortly after that the phones price was reduced to $80.00.. I have no complaints about Boost mobile itself, other than having customer care that speaks understandable english would be nice. But i would not recommend this particular phone to anyone.

Build quality 3/10 The touchscreen is horrible to use.
Reception 10/10 decent
Call quality 10/10 decent
Internet 6/10 There are many things that are not avvesible from the web.
Multimedia 9/10 decent
Camera 8/10 could use some more options
Everyday usage 6/10 touchscreen is hard to use
Battery 8/10 battery life is normal

Pros

• looks decent,

Cons

• touch pad cover
  • limted web access
  • poor volume
  • price

Tormidal
posted on 23 Jan 2011, 15:46

Not the greatest phone in the world, but works.

Tormidal has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for quite a while, and for the first couple of months, it was pretty good. After some time, and I got more and more into texting, I experienced more freezing when trying to reply to a text and I receive a text while replying. I have taken it in more than once and they claimed to have fixed it, but it still got the problems after a month or two. But Sprint has been pretty cool about it. Other than that, Its a great phone, but I can't wait for december to get my upgrade and get rid of this phone.

Build quality 6/10 Bad placement of the key lock on the front, and the hinges squeak occasionally.
Reception 9/10 Overall reception I found was really good in just about where ever I was, besides my bedroom, I found that kinda weird.
Call quality 6/10 Not the best calling quality ive seen by the makers, but it gets the job done, however, I frankly don't use the calling function that much, and find not turning off the keyboard annoying if I accidentally end an important call.
Internet 4/10 The browser was slow when loading just about any page, and it was a pain to navigate sometimes. Couldn't load some bigger websites like I wanted.
Multimedia 10/10 Plays music and videos great, but not the greatest quality in the world, but it still works really well.
Camera 7/10 The camera was okay, didn't respond to light and darkness as well, and produced bad quality videos.
UI speed 6/10 UI was okay, but wasn't the fastest thing in the world. The customization on the dock was great however.
Everyday usage 7/10 If your a student, it works great. Hardcore texter, not so much. Take a lot of important calls? Don't bother.
Text input 10/10 Best keyboard I've used on a phone, and it was really good, besides the crashing. The full QWERTY keyboard and wide spaces in between the keys made it easy to text.
Display 6/10 Display was etchy at times, and the front cover was great, but it was a disappointment to not be able to text from it.
Battery 10/10 Battery life is great, if you don't play a lot of music or have a need to use bluetooth a lot.

Bleigh87
posted on 04 Jan 2011, 00:16

I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!

Bleigh87 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have had this phone for about 2 weeks and it is by far one of the best phones that I've ever owned. Internet, E-mail, and downloads are very fast. I aways have good service. I love that it streams video. This phone does EVERYTHING, and I get all this for $50 a month. The only con I can think of is that the front cover shows fingerprints and oil easily, however, a protective film helps this and can be purchased cheap. Got the phone on sale at Best Buy for $79.99 and was definitely worth it. I would reccommend this phone to anyone that wants a high tech phone without the high tech price. very pleased.

Pros

• design, ease of use, call quality, fast internet e-mail and downloads, affordability

Cons

• front cover shows fingerprints and oil

dlb016
posted on 28 Dec 2010, 00:59

Sanyo Incognito

dlb016 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i have had this phone for three weeks. It seems pretty decent other than it has short battery life and a squeaky battery door. Im thankful that i can can stream video on this phone and the internet is pretty fast. Plus with Boost Mobile unlimited u cant go wrong. The touchpad is a little annoying but you get used to it after a day or two. Overall its a great and very sturdy phone.

Pros

• nice keyboard. Nice multimedia. Nice camera. Good reception. Solid phone

posted on 30 Jul 2010, 23:36

lili

I liked the style and got it when it first came out. Bad idea. I went from a BB pearl to this. It was like going from highspeed internet to dial-up. Taking calls was irritating and very hazardous if i was driving. The design is unique but that is all it had going for it. Took it back a week later and got another BB. Sad cuz I had a sanyo in the past that I totally loved!! Only reason i got rid of that was i couldn't get a replacement battery cuz it was "too old". Bad work on this one Sanyo. Dissapointed :(

Pros

• Nice design with the keyboard.

Cons

• Bad concept. Basic front screen and it gets face oils on it so easily gross. Not advanced as a new phone should be. Dont waste your time. I took it back after a week.

posted on 28 Jul 2010, 09:33

not to bad

i guess its all to the person ive had alot of phones and this one is just fine. but it also depends on your plan i have boost mobile and its there 3rd best phone. the only problem i have come across is the updates if you update your phone you may not be able to go on the internet untill you figure out how to fix it and thats as easy as updating the prl version then your back online

Pros

• great for texting and internet

Cons

• sucks for calling

beccajoyy
posted on 26 Jul 2010, 12:16 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jul 2010)

HORRIBLE.

Seriously the worst phone I've ever had. I thought my old LG Rumor was bad, but this one takes the cake. I've had it for a little over 2 months and it's been screwed up from day 1. It's stylish looking and the keyboard is nice, but the phone has soo many problems.
1) You can hardly do anything from the front screen. Can't read new texts, send texts, or edit contacts list or call history. Can only see that you have a missed alert, can only see contacts, can only see call history. The front screen is impossible to read in the daylight, so if someone's calling you and you're outside, you just have to answer and hope it's not someone you'd rather press the "ignore" button on. The touch feature is extremely annoying as well. When calling your voicemail, you have to unlock the screen to press 1 and call, then you have to hold down the unlock button AGAIN to type in your password, then lock it again to put your face on it to listen to it, then unlock it again to delete the message and press end. This is bad for calling people while you're driving also, because you have to used more than one click of a button to answer a call or end a call. Yes, when someone is calling, you have to hold down the unlock button to unlock the screen to answer it.
2)Some may say this is a "texting phone," but only if you're texting one person. Even then it still has some problems. If you recieve another text while you're reading a text or replying back, it will freeze up, and usually I have to manually...

Pros

• Stylish design, moderately fast internet

Cons

• freezes way too easily, touch screen is a major FAIL, can't see front screen in the daylight, very very slow reacting.

John Doe
posted on 03 Jun 2010, 05:30

It's great if all you care about is texting!

I bought this phone then took it back the same day. The earpiece sounds like you are talking with two cans and a string, the antenna is not as strong as my old phone so I could not get a signal in the places I needed it most, the glow through display is useless unless you want to know the time, smudges/scratches easily and last but not least, the glow through display is pink/lavender not white like it is advertised (there is no way to change the color).

Pros

• It's shiny!

Cons

• Too much to list here

R. Johnson
posted on 27 May 2010, 16:39

I have had the Boost Mobile Incognito for 2 months now, and I like it more now than when I did when I got it. Love the big QUERTY keyboard. Haven't had any lockup problems (suspect that they may be caused by the little grey front keyboard lock-out switch towards the bottom hinge), but never know (where there's smoke just might be a fire)!

Pros

• The keyboard, natch!

Cons

• The chrome finish on the front really shows fingerprints (constantly cleaning it)

phil
posted on 09 May 2010, 12:01

boostmobile sanyo incognito

i got this phone thought it was a nice one but after 2 months it is a piece of crap. it locks up. the front display won't show. it wont let me answer it. the inner display dosn't come on right away like it did at first. good thing i got the product replacement plan with it. i am going to take it back to best buy to get a different phone. boostmobile is putting out phones to soon and not making sure that they are durable and reliable.

Pros

• qwerty keyboard is good. sprint pcs web is good.

Cons

• short battery life.locks up. outer display dosn't work after a litte while. inner disply doesn't come on as quickly as when its new.

Lizzy
posted on 30 Mar 2010, 09:44

Its a good phone

This phone is really good. I got it from boost mobile and its definetly one of the best no credit check phones you can find. The texting is good but you just cant text from the front. The Vibration is a little wierd but you get used to it. The only problem is that it freezes sometimes. But all you have to do is take the battery out. Ohh and the battery life isn't so great so make sure you have time to charge it. Overall great phone I love it !

Pros

• GREAT for texting
  • Not very expensive

Cons

• Freezes alot, bad battery life

ben j
posted on 28 Mar 2010, 14:19

incognito genius

i luved it alot. it is ok for contract, but for a prepaid phone it is awsome.
the keyboard is huge and spreaded out perfectly. the sound quality is really goog
too. the camera it good to. but i wish i could take the picture the front. the touch thing
is cool but it attracs finger prints easy. overall i really liked it.

Pros

• the keyboard
  • sound quality
  • design

Cons

• front of phone
  • freezing

Shirley
posted on 25 Mar 2010, 08:20

Wish I had chosen something else

I chose this phone when I renewed my contract in Feb and sorry I picked this one.  The keyboard is great and it is a 10 out of 10 for texting  but the calling features are a 0.   It is hard to navigate for calls.  An imcoming call you have to unlock the keyguard , answer, lock the keyguard to prevent it from beeping all during the call because your face is touching the keys,then ending the call you have to unlock it, press the end call button then lock it back up.  Out in the sun, in the car, it is really difficult to see the screen.   All in all, I am very unhappy with this phone and I am looking to replace it.

Pros

• Keyboard is great

Cons

• calling features
  • freezes

tiolawa
posted on 05 Mar 2010, 22:31 (Posts: 115; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)

1.3

This phone bites!!!

I previously posted a revie on this phone under a different name giving it a good rating 6 months out and it is a piece of junk!!! the capasative buttons glitch constantly will touch the 3 and it will pop the 6 end and talk buttons barelly work can touch the side of the screan and it will input 8. the screan on the inside freezes. Wish i could trade this phone in!!! to bad i am broke as a joke or i would at least the texting functions work ok.

Pros

• Great qwerty.

Cons

• Everything else about this phone!!!

DORIA45
posted on 05 Mar 2010, 16:28

AWESOME

this phone is soooooo freakin great 4 texters like me i luv it. i got it over a week ago and so far no problems. ill tell u if i find 1 but untill the  none the qwerty key board is great  nice resolution very stylish with a blue snap on case i got. it looks gud trust me. none of my friends think it sucks  it really is a good phone so thank u sprint and my mommy

Pros

• EVERYTHING

Cons

• NO PROBLEMS

Dannia
posted on 23 Feb 2010, 10:59

overall the phone is okaaay (i guees) i just got it yesterday 02/22/2010 so im not use to it yet . the only 2 things i didn't like about is I CAN'T TEXT FROM THE FRONT OF THE PHONE ! WHICH MEANS I CANT TEXT WHEN IM DRIVING UGH . another  thing was the locking gets annoyinggg when someone calls befor you even press talk  the phone loocks and by the time you unlcok it you missed the call

CellPhoneReviewer
posted on 10 Feb 2010, 13:20

I really like the full qwerty keyboard. But I didn't like the way the front panel's numbers shut off so fast. It was very inconvenient. But overall it's a great phone, very durable and i highly recomend it to first time cell phone owners.

naiell
posted on 22 Dec 2009, 17:23

HORRIBLE PHONE

this phone is horrible i got it because my mom said that it was touch screen when she was describing it to me.  you cant do anything on the front so the whole touch sensitive- ness about it is useless.  its a sanyo phone meaning its guaranteed to look and feel cheap.  it functions poorly.  i think im going to switch back to verizon.

Pros

• qwerty

Cons

• everything else

dimetri
posted on 13 Dec 2009, 02:02

Great for texters!!!!

Alright let me just say I am a huge texter it is my main form of communication. This phone is perfect for anybody that likes a phone that has great media features and most of all loves to text!!! The voice quality on this over all really good I get pretty good voice quality even in areas that have minimal signal strength. The touch screan on the frony is a nice conversational item and also works quite well for making calls although it takes a little getting used to and the key screan lock can get anoying at times but nothing that isn't livable. The keyboard is amazing!!! The keys are well spaced there is a designated key for text messaging which is very convienient. The screan is well lit and has over all really vibrant colors. Over all this phone is an awesome phone for constant texters. If you are looking for a smart phone this is not the phone for you but if you want a well balances phone you can't go wrong with this phone!!!

Pros

• Great sized keys and keyboard, good call quality, good array of media features

Cons

• capasitive number pad takes a little getting used too.

BillyxxJr
posted on 11 Dec 2009, 18:26

The Best Phone I have had yet.

I went through a Rant, and 2 Samsung Exclaims to find a great phone like this. Its nice and solid. The phone takes great pictures. It has a 2.0 megapixel camera. The outerscreen is touchscreen and you cant text on it. Which I think is a great thing. Because that would take away the sould purpose of the QWERTY keyboard. When the phone is open the keyboard is nice and big spacious buttongs. Accesible for all finger types lol. The screen has really nice picture. Big screen. The phones speaker is loud really nice ringer volume. Wakes me up out of a sleep which is what I wanted and needed. This phone is overall just the best one I have had yet. I would recommend this phone to EVERYBODY. And the price you cant beat for it being Brand New to the Market.

Pros

• The whole phone is great!

Cons

• Dont have any complaints.