Samsung Vibrant User Reviews

Text input9.4/10
Everyday usage9.9/10
UI speed9.5/10

HG305
posted on 17 Jan 2012, 15:39 (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)

Best phone i've had so far

HG305 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

My first Android. I got it as soon as it came out without knowing what I got myself into. I quickly learned how to mod it. It was the easiest thing to fix it when I bricked it [a few times]. The development is awesome. It has fast speeds on T-Mobile. I still have it as a back up. I love you my little Vibrant!

UI speed 8/10 I guess after much tweaking, the UI was a bit sluggish. Nothing I couldn't fix or handle.

Pros

• Beautiful display
  • Fast internet
  • Fast UI
  • Slim
  • Camera is amazing!

• GPS not working
  • No front facing camera
  • No camera flash

kingjames15
posted on 01 Jan 2011, 20:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2011)

Awsome phone

kingjames15 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall this phone is amazing. The camera is great no flash and the display is very bright hints the name vibrant. The phone is 3g enabled and connects on wifi wherever you go. The music player is great, awsome sound. No front facing camera. People think that the two little dots on the phone is a camera IT IS NOT A FRONT FACING CAMERA SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CAMERA WITH THAT FEATURE GET THE MYTOUCH 4G OR IPHONE 4. The phone is very quick battery could be a little longer but i can recharge it. I would recommend this phone to anyone

Android
posted on 09 Dec 2010, 19:25 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Dec 2010)

Great Phone!!

Android has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

First time owning an Android phone and Fourth time owning a Samsung Phone. I really enjoy the interface because its very easy to use. Android Market is great. Texting is easy to do thanks to the 4 inch screen. I also love the colors it can produce. All my Samsung Phones have allways been very durable, so i feel confident that this phone will last me a long time just like the others.

Pros

• Big Screen, Good Camera, Thin phone, very lightweight, Android Market

Cons

• No Camera flash

Maria Valderama
posted on 01 Nov 2010, 15:09

Hot mamacita

Maria Valderama has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Ayyy caramba. This phone is mucho caliente, I'm in love with it hombre. It functions well, and the speed is incredible. I like jamming to my musica when I cook flautas for my family. I've always like the samsungs telvisions so I only predicted that the phone would be sensational too. Plus all my amigas love it too. I think this phone has made me single handedly cooler. My mamacita loves it.

Jigglypuff123
posted on 01 Nov 2010, 14:54

Public Dancer

Jigglypuff123 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It's great. I've had a couple of phones prior to it, but this is by far the best. It's sleek, sexy, and awesome. I keep it with me everywhere, I've developed people are gonna jack my phone syndrome. My phone is like my own personal DJ for me. I hook it up and i'm good. Get this phone now!

Robert Tinkleberry
posted on 01 Nov 2010, 14:49

House Husband

Robert Tinkleberry has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The phone was absolutely yummy, I loved all the features. 10 for everything hands down. The phone has good built-in options, runs smoothly on android and has 16gb internal memory. Where else can you get a phone like that??? Whoops, every amd any future iPhone.

Ali Abdulghani
posted on 01 Nov 2010, 14:44

Dr. Ali Abdulghani Ph. D Neurology

Ali Abdulghani has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The best phone ever. I tried alot of phone and this is by far the best. The music player is awesome. It is very clear so I can hear the words in the music. Its apps are awesome. If you do not want to pay money, there are many cool free apps. Whenever I call, it is very clear and I can adjust the volume to the way I feel lke. The texting is adequate. It is an amazing phone concerning every day usage.

RGH662
posted on 27 Oct 2010, 04:40

Samsung Vibrant

RGH662 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

As a dedicated Blackberry user, I've tried many phones including a Motorola Clique and always ended up returning it for another Blackberry until I tried the Vibrant, I was really amazed at the resolution as well as the speed of the phone. The Vibrant really changed my outlook on the Android and I'm very satisfied with this phone ( sorry Blackberry )

Build quality 7/10 my opinion

Pros

• Screen Resolution is awesome

Paddy
posted on 04 Sep 2010, 04:56

Awesome phone with a great plan

This is an awesome phone for T-mobile. It's by far their only phone with a 1ghz processor in it. I have to say, I'm amazed with the camera features and the added preloads  that they included such as the Avatar video, amazon kindle and many more. It's very fast and the screen is amazing. The audio feature on this phone is amazing as well. What I like about this phone is the fact that it's light weight. I know people complain about the battery cover being plastic, but if you slap on a case, this phone will do just fine. Overall, I give this phone a thumbs up. It's by far the only phone with the extra preloads.

Pros

• Super Amoled Screen, HD video, Avatar movie, preloaded features, battery life, 5.1 sound system and the list goes on.

Cons

• none yet

MomInMotion
posted on 01 Sep 2010, 11:40

Seductive Device

I enjoyed the majority of my experience with this device.  The screen is awesome, there are times when the network just FLIES and other times when it does not.  The audio quality for music was simply amazing.  I enjoyed the Pandora music and listening to my music on the device.

The call quality was not as amazing for me, but it was decent.  The problem was there were times when the signal was horrible and the call was so garbled it was embarrassing.

Swype was amazing, the phone felt good in the hand.  Pictures were nice, even without flash, but you have to go into NIGHT MODE on the camera for a better picture in low light settings.

I actually LIKE the Touchwiz interface and I found it useful.

Pros

• Swype
  • Audio for MUSIC
  • Touchwiz Interface is nice
  • HSPA+ (when in an area is BLAZING fast, it's impressive)
  • Nice looking phone

Cons

• Cheap plastic feel for a $500 phone
  • Did feel phone would last a 2 year contract
  • Tmobile network coverage was hit and miss

Mars Goddess
posted on 02 Aug 2010, 22:33

Samsung Vibrant Incredible!

This is a great phone with the finest screen picture I'd ever seen. Easy to use and comes with lots of apps.
The camera is really nice but no flash. I had a regular cell phone before and this one blew me out of the wate.
Everything I could ask for in a phone and the battery seems to last all day even when using it alot.
I highly recommend it!

Pros

• Nice shape , beautiful screen images!

Cons

• No flash for camera

Jan
posted on 28 Jul 2010, 23:00

Meh

Its strengths are really strong. It's light and thin.   The camera does fantastically in low light (what a camera app!), the display is fabulous. It's definitely on par with speed and memory.

Personally, I hate the look of the Touchwiz interface. WinMo 6.1 anyone?  The calendar is impossible to adjust to, even to the point of not working with some Android Market apps.  The contacts app has some nice conveniences, like agregating a contacts various postings, but it's not total aggregation, just a few popular services (Facebook, Twitter...).  All in all I'd rather have a vanilla Android.

I think I'm going to return it.  I am pretty sure I can't stand the charging port on the top.  Between having to change how I clip it to my dashboard and not being able to talk on it while it's charging, it's not going with me, I'm going with it.  Layer on top of it no dpad, trackball, or anything else (I can't stand having to open an app just to get my cursor in the right place to edit text; going landscape helps, but) it really sucks having to think about it.

I like it.  It's pretty.  It works well.  It just has some annoying quirks I can't stand.  Hardware quirks that truly aren't hackable.  I think I'd rather have a hard keyboard and a dpad (better yet, a trackball) and HSPA+ and wait a month or so, (particularly if I don't look like a dork with my charging cable sticking up while I'm on the phone).  Now we know why this never...

Pros

• The camera and camera app. Beautiful (although bluish when set very low) screen. Really good battery life when connectivity is managed (e.g. wifi off, 3g off when not in use)

Cons

• Touchwiz look and compatibility. Two hard keys, four touch keys, and that's it. NO DPAD - UGH! Charging port on the top, which is enough to make me return it.

gadgetguru
posted on 25 Jul 2010, 17:58

wait until September 9

If your a gadget-aholic like me, your body aches to own every new widget that is better than the one you bought last year/month/week or 2 hours ago. Enjoyed $250 MyTouch3G from release date 8/5/09 to Nexus One release date 1/5/10. Enjoyed the $530 N1 until I saw and held the Vibrant. and ALMOST shelled out the $500 for the Vibrant until I read about the HTC Vanguard (a/k/a Emerald) that is rumoured to be available 9/9/10 on Tmo. Knowing that HTC makes better phones than Samsung, and hearing that Vanguard will have a 4.3" screen, dual core processor, may come loaded with Android 3.0 and will be the first phone that can utilize the full 21MBPS speed of Tmobile HSPA+, I am going to handcuff myself to my desk until 9/9/10.

Pros

• A few features better than Nexus One

Cons

• Not enough to warrant $500 after only 7 months plus it lacks the nice trackball LED colorful notifications, LED flash that also works as a great flashlight using the TeslaLED free app, can not currently run Android 2.2

TmoBumbo
posted on 25 Jul 2010, 11:14 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)

Vibrant

I have had this phone for a little over a week now and no complaints that I didn't have before purchasing. I was aware of no camera flash and no LED notification. The camera has a lot of great modes and night shot takes good enough low light pictures. I just saw that xda has made an app to light up a small dot on the screen for visible notification. Overall I am very pleased with the device. The lock button was a little small for my huge fingers, but the addition of a gel skin helped that problem. The screen is amazing and suprizingly  the battery last all through the day with my heavy use, even with the screen on its brightest setting. This is by far the best phone that I have used on Tmobile and would recommend it to anyone. The only other thing I am not very fond of on the phone is the charging port. It is on the top of the phone. I forgot to charge it one night and was having to talk with it plugged in and it was awkward with the charging port on top. Overall great phone from Samsung.

• Weight
  • Internal memory +sd card capabilities
  • Fast

Cons

• No Notification LED
  • No camera flash
  • Lock/power button is really small

Dayna
posted on 24 Jul 2010, 11:07

The best Tmobile phone this year yet

I think that samsung out did them selves.  this is the best phone I have seen with tmobile. I had every new phone that ever came out and this is number one ........ As far as the fuctions this phone has a awesome screen and the sound on this phone is a 10.  its clean and clear also watching a movie quality is amazing and its not even hd the way the phone is set up it makes the experience easy for new users. although its not a entry level phone ......... the battey life is great for all the apps it lasts at least a whole day with monetary use !!!!!! I never like samsung phones up until this phone came out and I was very suprised And happy about this phone the phone is a little light but once you put the jell case its fits in your hand like a glove if you come across any question just ask away i am very happy with this phone and will keep it more than a month which is a very BIG thing for me.

Pros

• Its the sounf and the screen and the way it fits in your hand

Cons

• I was the samsung media was ready so we could down load more movies

t24323
posted on 22 Jul 2010, 03:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Jul 2010)

Cell Phone Expert

Great overall phone. I consider the Apples iPhone's the standard by which all phones must be graded. And honestly, I have to say I like this phone better. Once Andriod produce's better App's and games to compete with Apple's App Store, iPhone's get passed up. From what I hear, Andriod 2.2 will be able to play flash just like your PC, thats a leg up on Apples iPhone 4.

Pros

• Nice design. Hands down the best sceen quality of any smart phone on the market including iPhone 4. Comes pre-loaded with great entertainment including the movie Avatar, Kindle, mobi-tv and the Sims 3 game. Very user friendly.

Cons

• No Flash on the camera. When it comes to Apps and Games, the Andoid Market can compete with Apple's App Store.