Samsung Sway User Reviews

Display6.3/10
Build quality5.3/10
Everyday usage5.7/10

brittanyandjesse
posted on 27 Apr 2012, 10:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)

How can i send more then 1 picture message?

brittanyandjesse has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i have a Sway Phone for Verizon and i dont know how to send more then one picture massages and its getting me really mad so can some one please help me and tell me how i can send more then one picture at a time message me on my yahoo if you know how funnygirlbritt@yahoo.com

Text input 2/10 cause i dont know how to send more then 1 picture

• bad

• bad

poor piglet
posted on 04 Feb 2011, 15:39

my sway is calling at random

poor piglet has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

ok ok ok really! My samsung sway sucks, it has called a lady 143 times idk how and called starbucks 11 times all in 1 month i had the slide closed, and i wasn't calling. they are both in my contacts i wonder if that has something to do with it,i called verizon they said it was'nt possibly that it has a lock on it. the woman took a warant out for my arrest please post something if you know what i need to do . ty im very scared

Pros

• sucks badly no good

Cons

• never get it ive had for 1 yr and h8 it

Casey
posted on 06 Dec 2010, 23:38

Love this phone!

Casey has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for 2 years now, AND I LOVE IT! All these problems other users have written I haven't experienced at all...... but you have to remember more people are going to take the time to go on here and write a bad review, than those who love the phone.

I am dreading to get a new phone, this phone is simple and does everything I need. Definitely not looking foward to getting an upgrade anytime soon, the new veriezon phone are cheap and all QWERTY and touchscreens.....not for me.

This phone is pretty indestructible too, I have dropped it MANY times, and I've had no problems except little scratches on the screen, but absolutely no cracks. I've had no service problems and no problems sending text messages.

This is the perfect phone for people that want a simple phone without all the noise of a smartphone

Reception 9/10 no problem with reception at all

Pros

Cons

• nothing at all!

lacy
posted on 04 Jul 2010, 20:58

this sucks

i loved my phone for a few months and i have had it for close to a year and it is fine for a while and then it starts acting up and goin white..well now it has gone comletely black..so now i cant text or call anyone unless i remember numbers or do it the other way with the names...the battery life does suck alot i can never keep it charged for longer than a day...its all so irritating and i have only had it for a year...what fun so now i get to go pay the full retail price for another phone cuz of this one breaking....cuz i so have money growing out of my ears....ugh!

Pros

• good design and good pics

Cons

• everything else

Marissa
posted on 24 Jun 2010, 00:09

Pretty :) Sh!tty :(

I was in a hurry when I bought this phone, so I didn't take the time to read reviews like I wish I would have.

I get very bad service. My previous phone would work all over my house, especially in "my chair". Now I have to go outside to use the phone, and still get broken up reception out there. Most of the time, I can hear who I'm talking to, but they cannot hear me. I have heard the caller on the other end say, "Your phone sucks!" numerous times. This phone has dropped many many calls. I think the lack of available service/reception is my biggest complaint, however not my only one.

The phone battery sucks and never lasts me more than one day. I find myself charging it at least twice a day, and it shuts down due to the dead battery, faster than I can keep up with it.

The phone gets very hot. It gets hot fast, and almost every time I use it - no matter how short my call is. If I'm on a call for more than 15 minutes it starts to burn my face and hand.

It takes forever to send a text, sometimes. Not always, but frequently it will take numerous minutes to send the text. Today, the screen said "sending' for so long that I recieved a call during this, which I thought was weird cause I didn't know that was possible. After the...

Pros

• Decent camera, but you cannot save rotated pictures. "Pretty-ish" Could be acceptable for someone who has never had a phone to know that there are a lot of better ones out there.

Cons

• I gave it a rating of 4 for design because it "butt-dials" everytime it's in my pocket; and you cannot access the screen if the phone is closed.
  • I gave a 1-worst for features, because there are very few and inconvenient to get to.
  • I have a 1-worst for performance because my service/reception/number of bars are so bad that I was convinced that Verizon had sold the tower in my town.

Jared Stover
posted on 29 Apr 2010, 17:11

...

I really liked the phone at first honestly. But after a month, i had the problem everyones had with it, the screen. The backlight goes off. about a fifty/fifty chance its gonna be messed up. Unfortunately for me, the camera trick, doesnt work....  Other then that, battery life is fine for me, and it doesnt really lag, but this is A MAJOR Complaint.

Pros

• Looks Good, Decent Life

Cons

• The SCREEN

posted on 25 Mar 2010, 15:34

2.7

sway sucks

i've had the sway for about a year now and the screen really sucks it goes blurry and i've gotten to the point that i have to set my phone on a heater and heat up the battery and the screen the push the camera button just so i can read a txt then when the screen goes to black i have to do it again i would get a differant phone but i don't want to lose the ringtones and games i have spent money on  i would not ever tell anyone to get a samsung sway

Pros

• simple easy to use

Cons

• easy to use when you can see the screen screen blurs out alot

Liz
posted on 21 Jan 2010, 20:48

Has anyone tried troubleshooting???

I took my sway to verizon and the techincians did the software update to it. No issues with my screen or battery life and it stopped my phone from freezing completely on me....... 5 months later i am still cruising along. Eligible for upgrade but i like my sway

Pros

• size, easily navigated, deatil in screen shots, durability

Cons

• Not the greatest pictures, media come across grainy

miss lissa lou
posted on 07 Jan 2010, 14:55

bad phone but found a way to somewhat fix a big problem

ive had this phone for a while and this is my second one. it gets dirt under the screen really easy and i traded the first one for this one because the screen would go completly white when i turned it on and my phone locks when i turn it on. (thank god i memorized wat my password was) but when your screen goes white like that press your side camera button and you should get your screen back to normal. this is the only way i found how to fix that. hope it helps you a lil out there.bout to get a new one just becuz of the dirt under the screen i cant see my screen in daylight. im around horses all the time!! i need a phone to not get dirty so i can see!! GRRR

Pros

• sleek and was fun to look at

Cons

• poor battery, gets dirt under screen. and whites out all the time.

jerrid
posted on 26 Dec 2009, 09:55

i havent had a major problem with mine , like the screen yet.I had a battery problem, but there is a trick to extending the battery life.If you look up "samsung sway battery fix" on google, you'll figure it out.It worked for more, phone holds good charger for 2 or more days now :)

Uriel Garcia
posted on 24 Nov 2009, 02:49

Bad Phone

It was a great cell phone for a first phone loved the look and size. Bout three months after purchase screen started to blur out on me every time i turned it off. I would then have to turn it on and off repeatedly till it went back to normal. And this happened for no reason I've tooken real good care of my phone so it could last. Now my screens goes blurry every time the backlight turns black. And now i turn it on an it keeps showing the loading bar at the beggining, it will fill up the bar then start again, and again, and again.... So frustrating!!!!!!!!

M4NU3L
posted on 30 Oct 2009, 14:23

Sway Away!

This phone was fun to look at in the store, much like a used car. When you get it home, its a different story. You start finding all the things you don't like about it, and notice all the problems (again... much like a used car), the main one being the screen! Its so frustrating when you cant see if you have a missed call or text. Then once in a while a notice will pop up on the screen telling me to "insert the correct battery size" when it has the battery that came with it in the phone! GRR... Samsung will never have my business again!

Pros

Cons

• Everything. Samsung should have gone bankrupt years ago.

janhung
posted on 15 Oct 2009, 02:04

worthless piece of technology

This is a simple phone, yet it has so many problems. I have already exchanged it for a new one and I'm just too lazy to exchange it again because I have already found problems with it. I'm just hoping I can last another couple of months until my two year contract ends and buy a new one.The only thing I like about this phone is that it's really sleek. I like being able to put it in my pocket and it's just simple - no crazy features or anything. I just wanted something that could text and make phone calls.Unfortunately, like the majority of the people, my phone started blanking out with a white screen. I found a way to temporarily fix it, which is by clicking the camera button. however, it was still really annoying because I couldn't see who was calling me or texting me or whatnot. Moreover, it lags like crazy while texting.Now, for the second phone, it was better, but now whenever i charge it, it turns off and keeps turning on and over and over again. So it's beeping practically every 10 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with it, but don't bother with this piece of crap (excuse my language). Oh yeah, and I had to replace the battery within a month because it kept dying. Worst phone ever.

Pros

• sleek, simple, vibrant colors

Cons

• battery life, screen blanks out, keeps turning on and off while charging..

posted on 06 Oct 2009, 14:40

RAWR!!!!

When i 1st got this phone in Dec. 2008 i really liked it, no problems at all, but now im starting to have problems like the screen gets messed up, couldnt even see who text and who calls..sometimes i send texts msgs it takes like 5 mins to send it or it dont send it at all, i even get dropped calls a couple of times..its like ***!!..the battery life sucks big time..overall this phone sucks!..=(

Pros

• sleek

Cons

• battery life, dropped calls, takes a while to send text mesages

SUCKY PHONE
posted on 30 Sep 2009, 16:13

LOTS of ISSUSES

this is probably the worst phone i have ever used. it being my first phone and all i was go crazy on it... until i started getting problems. i have had those lines all over the screen but that just isn't all.one major thing is the calls. i have been on a pretty important call and then the other person can hear me but i just cant hear them. that is happening more tend more often as i am making calls more often.also another thing is that when i am testing the phone will just not send the text. it will say sending, sending sending for like 20 mains and then the phone just turns off! what the !@#! the phone is pretty cool in design but i think that is about the only good thing about it.

Pros

• just about nothing

Cons

• everything you can think of.
  • DO NOT EVER GET THIS PHONE UNLESS YOU ARE BEING PAID TO GET IT.

Brandon Smith
posted on 11 Sep 2009, 09:14

Not a bad phone

I have the same problems as everyone else does with my phone, ive found that there is a way to get rid of those pixels for a short time on your phone without turning it on and off, you can slide it shut and wait for the screen to go black and then slide it back open, most of the time it will work on the first try but sometimes it can take up to three, if you slide it open and closed over three times you will just end up having to shut it off and turn it back on again.

Ray Kwan
posted on 18 Aug 2009, 22:08

What's up with the screen???

I've had this phone for a few months and liked the sleek look in the beginning.  I soon found out when i slide the phone open it would slip out of my hands.  The lag while texting is a nuisance.  Battery life is poor.  My bluetooth froze it.  Worst of all, the screen now has many pixel lines and gradually turns blanks out white.  I've been missing all my calls and texts recently because I can't see the screen.  Pushing all the buttons or taking out the battery doesn't fix it.  I have to turn the phone off and back on, only to have the screen functional for a few minutes so I use it.  Overall I wouldn't recomend this phone and wish I hadn't gotten rid of my razor.

Pros

• Sleek design

Cons

• Lags, poor battery life, freezes with bluetooth, pixels on screen and then blanks out.

Edd
posted on 18 Aug 2009, 19:34

Battery Life Makes it a poor choice

My recommendation is not to buy the Sway Phone due to its very real and widely reported battery problem. The Sway usually won’t last the day, even with little or no use, such as a few two-minute calls and no texting. It was a little better when new (four months ago) but not much better.  So far the Verizon store has been adamant about not replacing the phone under the one-year warranty.  Its been a very aggravating experience dealing with them even though the phone clearly does not come close to its performance specifications for use time and standby time.  The problem is that their in-store test has to show that the phone is bad.  It passes the in-store test.  They have no long term “real-use” test that would surface the problem we are experiencing.  They have to follow their processes.  At some point however, the manager is authorized to use his/her discretion and replace the phone to keep the customer happy.  This hasn’t happened.  I’m not sure it will happen.  We continue to test.  Note that the only problem talked about here is the battery problem.  If the battery is OK, the phone will connect.  Even though this is an attractive phone and has some good features, if it won’t turn on and have reliable standby and talk time, the phone is worthless for our needs.  My best advice is to avoid these problems from the start if you depend on a phone that needs to be usable for...

Pros

• Sleek Design
  • Sound Quality

Cons

• BATTERY LIFE LESS THAN A DAY

Penelope
posted on 18 Aug 2009, 07:34

DO NOT USE THIS PHONE!!

I got the Sway in May 2009 and have had nothing but problems with it.  I have had the fuzzy screen issue three times (which resulted in 3 replacements) and I also have the issue of not recieving calls and the call not showing up in the missed calls either.  When I spoke with Tech support, they insist the problem is fixed when they cant duplicate the problem, yet to date, I have missed 3 very crucial phone calls.  I do not recommend this phone at all.

Pros

• Slim design

Cons

• unreliable service
  • basically everything except the design of the phone

Dennis B.
posted on 14 Aug 2009, 07:19

Sway, lines in sreen fix

I'm having the very same problem!! But i've figured how to fix it at least momentarily. When the screen goes all fuzzy, i repeatedly turn the camera on and off after a while the screen will start to flicker the camera loading screen then the screen goes back to normal. I've done it a million friggin times but it fixes it.

posted on 31 Jul 2009, 09:05

Don't do it.

I have had my phone 3 or 4 months.  I liked it at first but now the battery has worn out to the point of it not lasting even one day.  I have to charge it in the afternoon if I want to use it in the evening. When the phone does run out of battery it turns off and when you try to charge it and turn it back on it goes into the plaid pixelization pattern everyone talks about.  Then I have to wait at least half a day to get it working again. Sometimes more and I am sure it will just completely stop one of these times. Ugh. Do not get this phone.

Pros

• Slim(why I bought it), Good camera.

Cons

• Battery lasts less then a day. Screen does not function properly. Sluggish texting.

posted on 22 Jul 2009, 12:33

2.3

Worst phone ever...

Whatever you do, don't get this phone. About to get my third cause the screen blurs out every time I get a phone call. Yeah you can fix it if you want to hit the camera button every time but what a pain in the !@#. I can't believe Verizon is still giving these out-worst phone ever

Pros

• slim

Cons

• almost everything.

doee
posted on 12 Jul 2009, 19:24

smae screen problem as everyone else!

okay so i just called verizon to get my second replacement phone. i just got my last one a week ago and i even got a new battery but as soon as i turned it on it did the same exact thing where its just all pixelated and has a million lines. i though it was my fault when this happened to my first one cause i dropped it more than a few times but i have barely touched the second one and plus this doesnt just happen to me!. its just a crappy phone i mean it looks cool but man its full of problemsss. the texting is slow. the pictures are pretty good i guess. and sometimes when you slide it up its delayed. i wouldnt recommend getting this phone its my second worst phone. my motorolla phone was worse, never get thosee ever!

Pros

• light
  • sleek
  • ok pictures

Cons

• slow texting
  • delays when you slide up
  • screen is messed up

posted on 12 Jul 2009, 14:59

Another bit of rubbish from your local Verizon store...

While the phone is generally pleasing aesthetically, the pleasure ends there. The interface is no improvement over my last phone (a motorola razr) and the battery is even worse. The T9 for texting has no means of selecting alternate words, and often misses basics of everyday english. Call quality seems to be at an all time low, with an abundance of dropped calls and a distorted earpiece.
I've not yet run into issues with the screen, but I don't intend to keep this phone much longer, fees be damned.

Pros

• slim, sleek, lightweight

Cons

• texting, camera, interface, battery life

DarleneM
posted on 06 Jul 2009, 23:48

Terrible

I've had the same problem that ghettod83 had twice now.  I'm actually on my THIRD Sway, and I can't stand it.  I bought it because it was thin and looked nice, but after a few months the screen messes up and all you see are lines.  Both times that I've gone to Verizon they had no idea what was wrong and just replaced it with a new Sway.  Battery life is horrid.

Pros

• Slim

Cons

• Battery life is terrible.
  • Phone has had to be replaced twice now because of the SAME problem with the screen.