Samsung SGH-F480 User Reviews

Multimedia7.5/10

aarushi
posted on 10 Jun 2011, 00:32

stylish but not funcional

aarushi has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i had f480 for more than a year and it was a real pain in the ass!!!

the camera is good but videos suck!!!! very little memory for videos...

the display isnt too great and the connections keep breaking off!!!!

the internet is quite slow and the music recognition application is of totally no use....

messaging is quite hard on this phone and u cant do much with the text....

there is a very weird system that once u get a message from a contact saved in yr phonebook the name automatically disappears and u r only left with a no. so u dont know who sent u tht message....

it is a good lookin phone but applications and functioning also matters....

Pros

• stylish and impressive case

posted on 07 May 2011, 07:31

had it

064 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

it was good phone. but slow... touch screen was good bat dispaly dont have sooooooo much colors... its good but now i have x10 mini pro sony ericsson and i can tall that if you have this phone you need to change it :D..................................................................

Camera 4/10 little number of pixels :(
Battery 10/10 my life battery was 3 days :)

Pros

• Baterry

064 alternatives:

ANNOYED!
posted on 27 Jul 2010, 19:43

Well i'm sitting at my computer whilst my F480 is dialling the first number in my call log repeatedly by itself, then hanging up after three seconds and doing it again. It did this yesterday for hours until i made the trip to the store where I purchased it from which it then decided to stop. It has been a pretty decent phone till now, but after only one year of owning it this issue is very annoying!

jayesh vaswani
posted on 22 Dec 2009, 09:28

Thats good camera phone

hello,
The camera is take photo. The samsung f480 is clear image and sharp image.
The samsung f480 is perfect picture.
Become that is good !The Samsung F480 Player Style advance ideal dimensions of 95.9 x 55 x 11.5 mm. Smallest with Viewty, its direct competitor, its low gauge emerges nevertheless an impression of solidity. The metal finishes, leather flap and quality of materials used confirm this first impression. With the Player Style F480, the Korean manufacturer generous in its market to other manufacturers. If the design is not very far from a Samsung Armani, it is more reminiscent of an "iPhone Nano." If the design is not very far from a Samsung Armani, it is more reminiscent of an "iPhone Nano." The packaging compartment reminder fabrications LG, the new interface feeds mainly Widgets in the image of a Windows Vista, the menu and graphic effects are thinking about the iPhone.

Pros

• music playe- good
  • FM Radio-good
  • sms- simply5 mega pixel
  • great colors
  • touchscreen

Cons

• Great Design!
  • Look Good !

dhan
posted on 19 Sep 2009, 04:58

changing ringtone

Good day to all, just want to  help, in changing ringtone you only need to save your ".mp3" or other file format supported with this mobile, for you to set-up the ringtone just go to Settings\ Phone Profiles then select your profile e.g., Normal, Silent, etc...) click Edit then select Message icon in the middle menu. After this select Message alert tone and click Ooptions\Change\Use my alert tone, now locate and save your saved ringtone on phone or memory card. Finally save it to your profile, hope this help!!!

Imran Choudhury
posted on 18 Sep 2009, 09:17

Not all Video formet supports this phone

Hi,

I brought this mobile 1 months ago. Bought a 8GB memory card to see movies in this mobile and suddenly realize that not all video formet runs in this mobile. not even all wmv files. i tried many files but this phone only able to run one among them. when i tried to run those files, it said unsupported media type or frame rate. i will be very greatful if someone can give me sollution of this problem. my email id is: imuuu_imran@yahoo.com.

regards

Jennifer Meneses Cayabyab
posted on 05 Jun 2009, 13:00

Bad Reception!

Yeah, I definitely agree with Robert's post (Jan. 27, 2009).  I'm a phone junkie, especially for Samsung phones.  This past January, I got married in the Philippines; a couple days after our wedding, my husband and I went out to find my Samsung i900.  Since it was WAY too much for us, I settled for the F480.  I was so happy with it (I hadn't tried the internet function yet) that I had my hands glued to it every waking moment.
When I came back home to California, I was disappointed to find that I had LITTLE TO NO RECEPTION in my own house!  Needless to say I was pretty pissed off when I realized I just dropped $500 for a phone I couldn't use in my own home! When I'm at home, all i can really do is text, and that's only after walking around trying to get reception.  If I get calls, I have to apologize and use my house phone to call back.  Outside my house, the phone works fine.  Like Robert, I also did research on improving reception, but the solutions I did find would most likely be fruitless since they all involve a pretty good amount of $ and won't work if you live next to hills, which I do >=(!
Despite the above crap, I do love the way it takes pictures, the small size, the music player, some of the applications, the widget function... I pretty much use everything except for Internet (can anyone tell me how to get it running???!!) and the fact that I can't change my text message tone--I miss my FF tone...
Seriously, though. If anyone...

mido
posted on 12 Mar 2009, 17:01

i had that phone for about 4 month it is stylish bretty phone with a good 5 mb camera
but  the sound is very low and am trying to find any program to increase the sound .. but am failed
something else ... the screen is small 2.8 inch not enouph now in a touch screen phones

Pros

• style
  • size

Cons

• sound
  • screen size
  • flash

Robert Daniel Herrera
posted on 27 Jan 2009, 17:42

loss of signal

well. i have this phone as well living in the states. the only downfall about this is finding someone that knows how to fix it or find out why i don't have a signal.the phone is awesome in the pics as well. i love the fact that its 5meg. nice clear pics. love that you could download all types of music to listen as you walk and still able to answer the phone. great phone, now lets see if i can get it fixed..

Pros

• 5 mega pixel
  • great colors
  • touchscreen

Cons

• finding a repair facility

Jake
posted on 05 Nov 2008, 10:07

AWESOME!

well I just sold mt nokia e71 to have this phone! And I think it is worth it! hahaha! I just love this phone! it's the best! love all about it! nothing cons! but I wish it could have been able to download some s-60 softwares! but its ok! hehe!

Pros

• All!

Cons

• none!

Merlin
posted on 28 Oct 2008, 23:16

Great looking phone, but needs additional functions.

Great Design. Awesome interface...
A few suggestions:
-Option to clear recent contacts from message recipient menu
-Option to reset numbering of photo and video file
-Better message handling
-Better speakers
-Support for themes and FW updates

Pros

• - Great Design!

Cons

• - No option to clear/delete recent contacts from the message recipient menu (not call log). A security concern if you sell or have your unit serviced. Contact name and number viewable...
  • Workaround: Send blank message to random number (ex. 001) using dial pad. press send, then cancel before it actually sends the message.
  • - No option to reset the numbering of saved photo and video.
  • Workaround: Rename default photo or video name from settings, then save. The numbering will reset to 001

tony_chew
posted on 27 Aug 2008, 00:18

Stylish and Functional

I love the TouchWiz interface on the phone, and the fact that you can only use your fingers to operate the controls. No stylus required here!
Aside from no automatic re-orientation of the UI from portrait to landscape and back ala the Omnia, it is slightly better than that phone, IMO, because the interface is truly finger-able. They claim the Omnia is too, but frankly without the stylus there's a lot you can't do on the Omnia. But then, it IS WinMo, after all.
I got the Limited Edition Olympics Gold color version, as I thought the plain black was just too plain. And using the phone with the regular battery cover (without the rather gay-looking gold color faux leather case) makes it look quite classy indeed.

The interface is fast, the controls are well laid out, and the call quality is superb. All other functions also work well, although the sound could be a lttle louder, especially for music and video playback. Although you can hear music through BT headphones, it's a No go for videos. I find that strange, and I would have preferred that videos could also be heard through BT. Maybe next time, Samsung?

DALE
posted on 20 Aug 2008, 21:10

BRILLIANT

THIS FONE IS THEE BEST FONE I HAVE EVA BEEN GIVEN ON CONTRACT!
ITS THAT GREAT ITS LIKE GOLD DUST IN MANCHESTER, I HAD TO WAIT FOR ABOUT A MONTH TO GET HOLD OF THIS FONE AFTER I BROKE MY U600 AND HAD TO USE A 3210.

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS FONE.

THE ONLY SLIGHT PROBLEM IS SOMETIMES MY FAT FINGERS MESS THE BUTTONS UP WEN PLAYIN GAME, I TRIED A STYLUS BUT THEY DONT WORK.

OH AND 1 MORE THING... THERE NEEDS TO BE A FUNCTION TO CHANGE THE BLOODY SCREENSAVER OF TURN IT OFF.

OTHER THAN THAT 11/10

john
posted on 14 Aug 2008, 13:57

samsung tocco

First of all, the name, tocco what a clever name. it means touch in itallian, and really suits the phone.
it is one of the most stylish phones out there. i was surprised at first at how small it really was. i believe that touch-screen phone are the future and this is definately a good start. my last phone was the sony ericsson v640i. I thought that was cool, basically you gotta get this phone if you don't your missing out in life.

sam
posted on 14 Aug 2008, 13:45

overall

A very slick and stylish device.The design is excellent-i cant see how any phone could look better. It is packed with useful features and the widgets are a very good idea. The sound quality is good but could be better-but samsung never said it was a music phone,did they???
signal strength is about the average for your phone. And overall it was definately worth the money i paid for it, a must have for any touch-screen fanatic or even a newbie,well done samsung!

blitzpam
posted on 27 Jul 2008, 02:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Jul 2008)

cool..

this fone is very great..
decent touch sensitivity..very stylish..compact built..
very good imaging..

Samsung SGH-F480 Player Style Preview

GARY ROBERTS
posted on 21 Jun 2008, 17:35

Samsung SGH-F480

Ok, I have only had this phone for about 8 hours and so far I think it is great. A stylish phone with a easy to use interface. What else do you need?
I love the feature of music recognition and I am just trying to figure out face recognition now.
Was about to steer away from Samsung but they have just revived themselves.

Raza
posted on 29 May 2008, 06:05

The phone is great it has everything even a 7.2mpbs hspda, for great internet connection, the colourful interface is great to look at and the camera is 5mpx one of the best phone out just lacks WiFi