Samsung SCH-U550 User Reviews

msteadman
posted on 01 Jan 2010, 23:39

Definitely an exercise in patience.

This is easily the worst phone I have ever had.  This phone has so many problems, but I'll just go over the big ones.1. Whenever charging, player buttons on front cover light up and beep.  This makes charging while I'm trying to sleep an impossibility.  2. A lot of times after charging for a while, the phone will indicate an almost full battery.  Three minutes later, the battery low indicator starts beeping incessantly.  3. Calls drop all the time.4. Phone turns off at random times.5.  With the phone in my pocket, I'm bound to hear a voice saying "Please Say a Command" from my pocket.  ...overall I cannot think of any positives about this phone, other than the fact that I'll be eligible for an upgrade in 6 months.  Hopefully I can patiently wait on the day when I can rid myself of this phone.

Pros

• None.

Cons

• Phone itself and everything attached to it.

Karianne
posted on 26 Jun 2009, 22:53

Hunk Of Junk.

This is the worst phone that I have ever had. I have gone through 6 chargers with it. The battery is always dead. The calls always drop. And it takes forever to send and receive texts. Do Not, I repeat, DO NOT waste your money on this hunk of junk.

Pros

• Absolutely Nothing.

Cons

• Absolutely Everything.

Sharlele
posted on 08 Apr 2009, 02:10

looks nice...but cheaply made

the battery life isn't great. the buttons are flat and flimsy. phone randomly freezes then turns off. the phone mostly freezes when i text or press buttons quickly, but still turns off just randomly. the images are pixilated. dropped calls are not surprizing. don't get the phone unless it's free.

Pros

• looks nice

Cons

• cheaply made

bob saget
posted on 21 Sep 2008, 19:03

One of the worst phones i have owned!!!

Dont get this phone, its by far the worst i had ever had.  You better off with a toy phone!  the first day i got it the phone frooze up! Then i charged it all night and died with in 5 hours! text messaging is the worst, the buttons are too close together when making long text messages.  the battery is the worst thing about this phone. I would definatley take back this phone!

Pros

• -small pocket size

Cons

• -bad reception
  • -bad battery
  • -low memory

┬žilently loud
posted on 15 Jul 2008, 10:44

6.4

no problems... but not great.

I got on after it had been out for a while... no problems on mine...i noticed that th back cover was hard to get off... i learned that i didnt need to be afraid to just pull it off. i thought i might break the thing... if you wrap you hand around the bottom of the phone, so your palm is on th back cover and you fingers wrap along the bottom onto the front and the slide the cover off... it slides easily.

It's not a bad phone... it has all standard features(camera, video, music player, your mom...) its really shiny.... I got it as a free upgrade from verizon...

BiiGAPPLE
posted on 01 Jul 2008, 18:03

needs a screwdriver!

Woah. I bought the phone off Amazon for $118.87, and it took 4 weeks to ship! I think I spent too much money, but that's ok. It has a "decent" memory capacity, and you can't seem to open to battery cover. this phone requires a screw driver. haha, they should say that in the manual. this phone is basic, and I destroyed my old blackberry on youtube, and dont call me stupid. it was an OLD one. with financial troubles, i found this phone. :D saved my life

jon
posted on 28 Jun 2008, 20:40

5.6

it freezes

the phone is good but sometimes it freezes and restarts and that gets really old atfer awhile but other than that its a great phone

aaron
posted on 01 Jun 2008, 19:23

great phone except battery cover does not come off!

yes, nice features and easy to use and navigate. the only real problem, the battery cover is stuck on and you need to slide it off to plug in a micro sd memory card for your expanded music and video feature.
Oh well, I will use the built in memory, I hope I don't have to get to the battery because I can not for the life of me get the battery cover off, no how, no way Hosa'?!?!!
and I think it is way too thin and shiny smooth and can slip out of your pocket or hand so get a silicone grip phone cover with belt clip for this phone to hold on to this phone and protect it from finger prints, drops, scratches and smudgey's........slicker than Deer snot on wax paper!!!

zzzzzzz
posted on 18 May 2008, 18:43

3.4

worst phone next to the crazer

horrible phone makes a loud annoying sound and shuts off. Sometimes doesnt trun back on. It freezes. Poor new phone from Samsung. DO NOT waste your money on this junk.

r0nj0n1
posted on 20 Apr 2008, 12:36

worth the money

this phone rocks. i just bought it and i love it. it was only $49.99, and the features arnt too bad. the color is really sweet, plus the music player on the front works perfectly. the clock is crystal clear, and i love the camera. now the mobile web is very slow, and the phone's keys are flat, but all in all its worth the money