Samsung S390G User Reviews

lightfoot44
posted on 13 Sep 2013, 13:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)

Watch out for defective wi-fi

lightfoot44 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I purchased this phone from tracfone about 4 months ago. The main reason I got it was for its wi-fi capability. At first everything was ok, but after about 3 months I began to have trouble deleting previous wi-fi connections from the phone. Once I reached the maximum number of connections, the phone told me to delete previous connections. When I tried to do this they would not delete. In essence I was locked out of using the wi-fi at all, since I could not enter new connections. After some research I found out that I'm not alone, but that this is a built in issue with the Samsung s390g. There is even a video posted on youtube describing this exact problem. I spent 1 hour on the phone with Tracfone support, checking the phone out, doing a phone reset, doing a phone restore...all to no avail. It's just a serious bug in what should be a good phone. To their credit, Tracfone support agreed to send me a new phone. It will be interesting to see if the new phone is ok, or whether it has the same bug in the wifi. As a result of the enormous hassle, and the faulty wi-fi..I would not recommend that anyone purchase this phone. I've informed Samsung support about this as well, but they don't seem to have a clue. Just beware purchasing this phone, unless you love to spend time on 1-800 support numbers trying to figure out why your wi-fi doesn't work.

Internet 2/10 wi-fi has a bug....once you reach maximum number of connections, your phone wil not delete them to allow for a new connection. Read my review text.
Battery 2/10 battery seems to discharge way too quickly. I find I'm charging it almost every day or every other day.

Pros

• easy to text, call quality is good, idea of wi-fi is ok...cause it doesn't eat up minutes

Cons

• serious flaw in the wi-fi connections..You cannot delete previous wi-fi connections. This may not happen right away, but after 3 months mine malfunctioned to the point I couldn't use wi-fi at all.