Samsung Rogue User Reviews

Battery6.1/10
Reception7.6/10
Display8.8/10

TheSkyDancer7
posted on 10 Dec 2013, 22:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)

Samsung Rogue

TheSkyDancer7 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This Samsung Rogue has been at my side for over 3 years. I am forced to put this wonderful Verizon phone aside as NOW i am Switching to T-Mobile, they have a better PrePaid Offer... I wish PhoneArena had a Comparison of Rival phones from other Carriers.

Build quality 10/10 Sturdy
Reception 10/10 Never had an issue!
Call quality 10/10 Never a call issue!
Internet 8/10 Not yet using Cell phones for Internet use.
Multimedia 10/10 Not Complex... User friendly!
Camera 9/10 Always nice pictures for eBay selling.
UI speed 6/10 What is UI????
Everyday usage 9/10 This has been my everyday phone for 3 years
Text input 9/10 I Love the resposive keyboard
Display 9/10 Way user friendly....
Battery 9/10 Talking/Conferencing is my most important need, this phone lasts me 24 hours long.

Pros

• Overall no complaints at all

Cons

• Alarm limit to (3)
  • Speaker not high enough

CrAzYcHiCk2011(:
posted on 10 Jul 2011, 17:50

SaMsUnG RoGuE

CrAzYcHiCk2011(: has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The samsung rogue is a pretty cool phone, its my first touch screen phone, and i'm really impressed by its responsiveness. The pictures quality is good, one thing i found out is, you have to wait like 3 seconds before you move. or the picture is all blurry. That is something i don't like. It will also glitch, and turn off once in a while, and it won't turn back on till i take out the battery and put it back. Its not to bulky either which i like. But other then that, i love the phone.

Pros

• love the screen

Maddie Rose
posted on 09 Apr 2011, 15:25

Stay As Far Away From This Phone As Possible

Maddie Rose has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got my samsung rogue in the beginning of january 2011. It started to be a pain at the end of march. It's now April and i neeeeeeeeeed to get rid of it. It's sad, I was truly excited for this phone. Right off the bat, the battery had a terrible charge, and they don't make an extra battery pack for the phone. It doesn't pick up on signal when someone next to you has it. The battery cover is a huge pain to get on and off, very poorly designed. As for the phone, it's nothing special. It has a nice messaging set up, you can view texts in conversations, or by time. Calling is glitchy, randomly shuts my voice out... And the person I'm talking to... But never drops the call. Dropped it once... And now every time I put the phone down without babying the way I place it, it turns off. It also turns off every time I close or open the keyboard a little roughly.... And when it turns off it doesn't turn back on. You have to turn it back on. I am now at the point where I can't stand it and barely use it. It's sad, because this was verizon's hot feature phone after the env touch was discontinued. I got mine replacing my env touch, because I was having problems with that too. It seems that almost all of verizon's feature phones are extremely glitchy. I have had five different feature phones from verizon, and all of them have been glitchy. I'm at the point where I'm giving up and getting a smartphone... And I'll suck it up and pay for the 30$ data package.

Pros

• Text message set up
  • Touch screen

• Reception

kj
posted on 31 Mar 2011, 20:26

Samsung Rogue for Verizon wireless

kj has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is an awesome phone: the call quality is excellent, texting easy, touch screen is precise and it is easy to use. The only con is that the battery life kind of stinks, have to charge mine every 2 1/2 days with minimum to moderate usage. I have not had any problems with the screen freezing up (like some other review I've seen elsewhere). This phone takes excellent pictures and the screen is large and very easy to see. I love the slide out keyboard. I've had the Envy Touch before and found the touch screen to be finicky to the touch at times. This is a great phone!

Pros

• nice screen, takes takes great pics & videos, great texting phone
  • touch screen, excellent call quality & reception

Cons

• battery life.

a4runnergirl82
posted on 26 Mar 2011, 00:02

Love this phone!

a4runnergirl82 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've been reading some outrageous reviews about this phone! I feel so sorry for the people that didn't take care of there phone. I have NEVER HAD A PROBLEM like any of these other users had. My phone has NEVER stopped vibrating, the screen has NEVER gone black, battery has NEVER been "un-recognized". I have had this phone for TWO (2) YEARS and NEVER incurred a problem with it. I love it! I was eligible for an upgrade last month and got another Samsung phone and have not opened the box yet. I am still using my Rogue. I love it that much ;-) I also have many other Samsung devices, such as a TV, MP3 player, BluRay player, Stove, Refrigerator. So as you all can see, I am a die-hard Samsung fan and ALWAYS will be!

Build quality 10/10 I only dropped it once and it DID NOT TURN OFF or anything like that. It took it like a champ!
Reception 10/10 My Rogue gets better reception than my husband's nasty-ass LG and my best friends' nasty-ass LG, too :-) I always have reception where others barely get a signal.
Call quality 10/10 Crisp, clear sound on BOTH ends. My friends and family do not know when I am using my Rogue, that's for sure!
Internet 10/10 It does what I ask it to do. I use Facebook, I do online banking, I can check my yahoo! email, I can google anything I want. It's great!
Multimedia 10/10 I love to be able to hook my headphones into the jack. I also have used it as an MP3 player in my truck, too. Can't say that for many other phones out there!
Camera 10/10 It only has a 3 megapixel, but works as well as my Samsung 12 megapixel camera! I had to use my Rogue instead of my camera a few times, actually.
UI speed 10/10 This phone is soo freaking fast! I can switch back and forth between the QWERTY board and regular mode very quickly and it NEVER LOCKS UP ON ME. I can go through all my applications lightening quick, too. It's awesome!
Everyday usage 10/10 I use the Rogue every day and all night texting and talking the whole time. I only have to charge it once a week. The battery life is awesome! I get WAAAAY more than 300 hours talk time!
Text input 10/10 I was used to the nasty-ass LG Voyager's keyboard until the damn thing gave out 2 weeks later ( it was my 3rd Voyager, so I said good buy LG, Hello Samsung). After I got used to the keyboard, I am actually FASTER on it than I was with the big buttons on the Voyager.
Display 10/10 Big and bright. I love it soooo much!
Battery 10/10 Like I stated earlier, I get way more than 300 hours talk time on this phone. I use my phone about 3 hours total a day and text about 100 times a day. I still only have to charge it ABOUT once a week. I also love the "Power Save Mode".

Pros

• Samsung product!
  • Great phone for the price I paid.
  • Awesome battery life!
  • Love the headphone jack!
  • Only phone with a $9.95 data package!
  • Huge, bright display
  • Lasted me 2 years so far!

Cons

• Wish it came with more apps.

posted on 23 Jan 2011, 14:42

great PHONE

1234 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

GREAT PHONE OVERALL i dont use the internet never glitched on me and its a hell of a lot better than the glyde!!! Also it has great picture quality i took pictures for my schools yearbook with the camera. Also the key pad is a decent size i have never had a problem with this phone before.

megamayne
posted on 04 Jan 2011, 21:15

phone sucks

megamayne has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this phone because verizon DOESNT LET YOU buy a smartphone without the $30 data plan. I could only get the $10 data plan and was stuck with this piece of crap. Every 6 months verizon changes how people get songs, ringtones, games, so even if your phone is "multi media" ready, it will be obsolete soon. This phone is good, but just NOT worth the price at all. It constantly freezes and turns black, leaving me with a useless paper weight. If Verizon and Samsung put MORE MONEY into developing the software and firmware for these phones, and not MARKETING them to us on TV, then they would have better products, and therefore would NOT NEED to market them to us as much.

Pros

• decent keyboard
  • decent display
  • internet (barely)

Cons

• freezes
  • slow
  • internet sucks
  • multimedia sucks

i cant wait to get a new phone!!!!
posted on 18 Nov 2010, 19:25

dont get this phone

i cant wait to get a new phone!!!! has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone isnt that great. it was okay for the first few months but im getting bored of it. theres nothing really special about it. it turns off with no warning. i had to but a second battery of ebay because it wouldnt even last through the day. when you put it on silent it will ring witch is really retarded. the wedges are useless and always in the way. the keys on the keypad gets stuck sometimes.

Battery 2/10 this battery sux!!!!!

Pros

• a big screen

Cons

• turns off alot
  • frezzes
  • wedges
  • butons on keypad get stuck

Lyco Lax
posted on 18 Oct 2010, 16:27

Nice phone

I've had this phone for about a year and a half now.  Overall, its probably the best phone I've had, relatively speaking.  It is my first real phone.  The qwerty keyboard is great and is a decent size.  Also, the touch screen interaction is great for just about everything.  When I got the phone, verizon was still doing the 9.99 deal for internet so thats what I have.  So, the limited features for the internet on this phone are average.  I can't run some certain things; but overall its about 7/10.  The only problems I've had with the phone are those related to the battery and vibration.  The battery is typical for most phones in terms of problems, it has a short life once it starts to get dropped and what not.  Also, everynow and then my phone won't accept the battery.  So i take the battery out and put it in again and its fine.  I charge my phone at night before I go to bed and wake up and its full, it lasts me a full day usually of texting a moderate amount and going on facebook sometimes.  The vibration problem is small at best.  It just stopped vibrating.  Annoying, yes. But nothing to freak out about.  I can get it replaced, I'm just too lazy to do so, plus I'm up for an upgrade soon.  Overall, good phone and I would recommend this phone to people.

Pros

• Great display.
  • Nice qwerty keyboard
  • Responsive Touch screen

Cons

• Short battery life.
  • Phone stopped vibrating.
  • Battery could not be read somtimes.

Lola Johnson
posted on 27 Sep 2010, 20:43

I really like it

i disagree with all these reviews. my best friend got this phone before i got mine and i always loved doing stuff on it. compared to my old phone (the motorola rival. please check reviews) this phone is Heaven. the widget bar is great, and i love the QWERTY keyboard! this phone never glitches for me and it never has turned off by itself. only once in a while does this phone not vibrate, but that doesn't happen often enough for it to get annoying. i love this phone.

Pros

• everything else

Cons

• sometimes doesn't vibrate

c.hess
posted on 09 Aug 2010, 15:18

Good at First, Terrible After First Month!

I got this phone last September and out of the box it worked great. Then after about a month it started to freeze, shut off, vibrate uncontrolably, and the screen would just go crazy. So I went to a Verizon store to get a new one and they shipped it to me. The new one I got was terrible right outta the box and ive gotten 2 more since then. Awful phone.

posted on 24 Jun 2010, 13:49

dont get the rouge !

okay so when i  first got this phone i thought it was the best thing in the world !
now after about 2 months it wont vibrate anymore and it glitches A LOT !
sometimes i will even be sending a text and it will just shut off on me .
and if im looking at a message conversation with someone and that person texts me it will freeze and you have to take the battery out ! it is such a pain . i keep going to the verizon store to get new ones . this is my 4th and it still has these problems . i beive its the phone all together . this phone does have a really good camera ! and the widget bar is nice and easy to use . but please save yourself 3450495 trips to the verizon store and DONT get this phone !

Pros

• good camera
  • nice widget bar
  • good web browser

Cons

• doesnt vibrate
  • too many glitches
  • shuts off
  • freezes

TK Stack
posted on 14 Jun 2010, 16:59

I have had this phone for 3 months and all I can say is damn damn damn. This phone is not ALL horrible, but very close to it. Yes, it has a cool touch screen. No probs with that. Yes, it has the cool widget thing, makes apps easy to get to. No probs with that. NOW, the most annoying thing are the glitches, from completely cutting off without warning, and a horrible battery life. I have had ths phone cut off on me in the middle of calls, with 3 bars full on the battery indicator, very unreliable beeping to indicate that its about to shut off.  Thinking there may be some apps running in the background, I have removed all of the widgets in an attempt to improve the life of the battery.  Now on the positive note, the QWERTY is great for me. The buttons may be small for someone with bigger fingers. Text feature is great. Umm, but thats about it for me.  I am in a desperate search for a new phone. Wish me luck.

Pros

• Text feature
  • Widgets
  • Ease of QWERTY keyboard
  • Reliable and smooth touch screen

Cons

• Cuts off without warning
  • Poor battery life
  • Weird lock feature
  • Oh, and did I say that it cuts off without warning and the battery is crap??

posted on 24 May 2010, 03:37

I was so excited to get this phone because I had heard that it was a great phone. Once I got it, it worked perfectly. I really liked it. But after about a month or two, it stopped vibrating. I turned the phone off, and back on to see if that solved it, but nothing worked. For the past few months, I've been dealing with that. Lately it's been turning itself off while I'm in the middle of doing something, such as sending a text. This is extremely irritating. I think I may go get this phone replaced with a new one, and see if maybe it is just the one phone I have. Other than those two issues, the phone works fine. It takes great pictures and videos, and the sound is good. The battery always lasts long for me.

Pros

• Nice design, picture/video quality, sound quality, battery life.

Cons

• Turns off alot, doesn't vibrate.

23ad
posted on 15 Mar 2010, 15:06

review/reply to 2 comments before me

if your phone is constantly searching for signal its not just your phone because when i had the rogue it did it too.

lives up to the line (glyde 2?).  VERY glitchy.  If they come out with a glyde 3 (rogue 2 whatever) they need to really revamp the entire idea, because the phones service/hardware/software is horrible.

think very hard before you get this phone.  the enV touch (although not great either) would probably be a better choice in this line of phones.

i had high hopes for this phone!  but when the phone got so hot that it said to "stop charging, battery will overheat" we then realize that there is a serious problem with this phone.

samsung should know better than to stock the phone with the vz music basic mp3 player.  terrible move on their part.

Pros

• design of the phone. touch screen sliders always good
  • keyboard, pretty good after you get used to it.
  • size. micro sdhc card good thing to have

Cons

• no phone should overheat. NONE
  • the mp3 player is a HUGE disappointment
  • 4 phones glitched out on me. thats a problem
  • software needs to be upgraded.

posted on 06 Mar 2010, 16:03

i honestly hate this phone. it glitches all the time. it turns off randomly when im doing something. the video and picture quality is horrid. it is so slow. getting from one screen to another takes forever. the battery life is trerrible. it usually only lasts me eight hours because i use it so much. maybe its just the one i got and it needs replaced, but i dispise it with all my heart.

May have answer
posted on 03 Feb 2010, 23:13

To Trinitite

Your battery may be totally dead in 10 hours because where you work probably has no signal.  If it's constantly searching for a signal it uses a lot of battery energy.  If you leave it on at work try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.  Also, try updating your towers near work by dialing *228 when you're there.

trinitite
posted on 28 Jan 2010, 19:21

Samsung Rogue Battery Life

I absolutely love this phone, but will not get it again for one reason: battery life QUIRK.. I had to return the first one because I thought I got a defective phone. This is what it did to me. The phone battery discharged when at work after 10 hours. So, I went to the Verizon store to have it checked out and left it with them all day. They said the battery stayed charged for them. So, I thought it was me. The very next morning, DEAD again. This time Verizon gave me a new one. I followed the charging directions, and the phone stayed charged for 5 days.. Not bad, Right? However, I was on vacation for the holidays, so the phone pretty much stayed on my bed, or on the table at home. When I went back to work, put the phone in my purse, Dead again by the time I got home (10 hour shift)! I charged it again that night.. took it to work, put it flat on my desk, thinking that maybe in my purse, it was activating somehow. DEAD again after 10 hours. Since I work 10 hour shifts, I am off from Thurs nights until Monday mornings. Phone stays fully charged when I am home, but dies at work!! Could there be something about a hospital or a building that could cause that? I dont know. But I do know, Verizon claims because it stays charged for them, there is nothing wrong with the phone. And, they arent allowed to keep it overnight. Anyway, I rarely talk or text from my phone at work due to hospital policies, but it doesnt matter because it is usually dead by the end of my shift. And on the weekends...

Annoyed with bad language & spelling
posted on 20 Jan 2010, 10:20

Can't wait!

I don't have this phone yet, but will get it as soon as I'm eligible.  Am very excited!

What I do want to say though, is that bad language is NOT acceptable, and should not be posted by PhoneArena.

To those of you who are typing these reviews - people will take you seriously if you learn to spell.  Maybe you should pay attention in class instead of texting!!

posted on 19 Jan 2010, 19:09

best phone ever!!!!!!!

i just got this phone yesterday, and i apsolutly love it. every feture on it is amazing! the only thing i dont like about the phone is that when you buy it you have to pay 10 dollars a month for the internet and the i.e( navogation), and you cant cancel the plan at all, so even is you dont want to use the internet you always have to pay for something you dont want or need.

Pros

• every thing!!!

Cons

• pay month to month( 10 dollars )even if not using the internet or i.e

Hunter1234
posted on 30 Dec 2009, 21:24

Ok, i got this phone for christmas and i really like it. The full HTML browser is great but i dont like the mobile site widgets they are kind of annoying especially the youtube widget its pixelated and laggy on the widget version but the full html version has great streaming quality. the camera is amazing. it also has great touch response and an amazing key board. Also by the way i had the env touch for a week and this phone is much much better than the env touch.

Pros

• AMOLED Screen
  • Great Key Board
  • Full HTML Browser
  • Nice vid streaming for flash lite
  • responsive touch screen
  • cool widgets except for youtube

Cons

• No virtual keyboard
  • Mobile youtube streaming has horrid quality

Kenny Lamb
posted on 28 Dec 2009, 00:24

Seems nice at first, but isn't a good choice.

I got the Rogue the first day it was available. I had been waiting for it for so long because the Glyde had seemed like a good phone to me (though we all know it wasn't good at all), and the Rogue seemed to be similar. Unfortunately, the rogue IS similar to the Glyde, in that it looks great but is a horrible choice in the long run.After two months of owning a Rogue, I'm on to the third one. The first one was very nice, but would freeze constantly - 5 times a day, on average. (Yes, I counted.) It was impossible. I took it back and got a second, which didn't freeze, but would cut the screen in half and flip the sides. Because of this, it eventually just went black and quit working. My THIRD one is probably the most tolerable, but nowhere near good. This Rogue has some crappy keyboard, with flat buttons that require using my fingernails. My other rogues at least had little BUMPS to work with. Also, freezing is still and issue, but not quite as bad...This would be a great phone if it weren't for the many tricks it has up it's sleeve; every single rogue is determined to malfunction in a new way. My first rogues had GREAT keyboards, and all of them had very nice touch screens. This phone is also well-designed and great on the internet, and plays youtube videos wonderfully. Too bad it freezes to much to let you play with all of those things.If you're thinking about getting this phone, I suggest you don't. I also don't suggets that you say "Oh, this won't happen with...

Pros

• bright/responsive screen
  • Great keyboard (If you're lucky?)
  • Great internet
  • Youtube is good
  • Awesome camera

Cons

• Not good/not horrid battery life
  • Horrible keyboard (luck of the draw)
  • Horrible horrible HORRIBLE freezing issues

Steve000
posted on 26 Dec 2009, 08:53

Quality Phone with Style

This phone is pretty nice.  This is my first Samsung phone (previously owned Moto, LG, RIM) and i absolutely love it.  The phone is fast, the screen is sick, the touch screen is responsive and all the internet browser is the nicest i have used on a phone.

I have had the phone for over 2 months now, without any problems, i would suggest it to any of my friends.

• Internet Browser
  • Sound Quality
  • Texting (Logs as Conversations)

Cons

• Keyboard Size (if you have large hands)
  • Battery Life (if you text constantly)
  • Charger (Samsung is not universal as RIM/LG)

redstu36
posted on 13 Dec 2009, 13:42 (Posts: 37; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)

Great touch screen for a first timer.

I just got the Rogue as an early Christmas present just last week, and I have to say that this phone is an awesome piece of equipment. The touch screen is very responsive and fairly easy to use. It has easy to navigate menus and a bright clear display. I have never owned a Samsung phone before and as far as my first one goes, I am impressed. I have been through a Razr V3A, Lg AX8600, Razr2 V9m, and a Chocolate 3 over the last year and this phone puts them to shame. At first I was reluctant to purchase a touch screen phone over fear that my thumbs were too big, but the only problem that I have had is pressing the wrong menu item when trying to scroll. For those of use with big thumbs the qwerty keyboard was a little slow to get used to. but once you develop the proper touch, its a breeze. I just have to take my time when typing. The camera is first rate and takes bright in focus pics, even close up. The shortcut widgets menu is highly functional and adaptable to everyone's personal needs. It can be a little tricky to hook up to your computer (Menu>Settings and Tools>Tools>USB Mass Storage) but once you do its just drag and drop to sync up your music or pics. I really can't say too many bad things about this phone other than if you were accustomed to flip phones and non touch screens it can take some getting used to, but overall a really awesome phone from Samsung,

Pros

• Bright clear screen.
  • Qwerty keyboard.
  • Easy to use menus.
  • Connect ability.

Cons

• Hard to handle for first time touch screen users.
  • Takes some time to get used to.

cj hehe
posted on 10 Dec 2009, 18:15

I like this phone. It's my first phone since the rzr which i had for years. So it's a big change. I like the web browsing and the drawing pad. I always let my friends draw ont at lunch. It also so has facebook which i am addicted to so yay :) It also like that it has like a movie maker thing going on. The widgets ( that bar on the side) are really helpful and you can drag and drop them. The media center is the best. You can view pictures in like a poloroid montage and you can change the fonts and draw on taken pictures and add graphics. I don't really like the keyboard. It's good and all but its soft so sometimes i think i hit a button but i didn'. Rubbery is the perfect way to describe the keyboard, it's rubbery. It can easily brake though so don't drop it or throw it really hard. Oh one more thing   you view messges by conversation. Sent and inbox together at last! No more going from inbox to sent back to inbox showing a friend what you were talking to that guy about. It's all there. Hehe! Oh and it can't set those cool slideshow flasing images you get in forwards as wallpaper though darn!

Pros

• Cool features
  • draw pad
  • widgets
  • calling
  • message viewing

Cons

• rubbery keyboard
  • not sterdy
  • can't set cool flashing pictures as wallpaper