Samsung Reclaim User Reviews

Jessica
posted on 22 Dec 2010, 16:47

Good, if its not defective

Jessica has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The phone has pretty good functions overall for someone who just wants to be able to call, text, and occasionally go online to check something. However, it's REALLY easy to get a defective one. I had my previous phone for 3 years before it really started showing signs of deterioration, and the first one of this phone I got started going on the fritz after 3 weeks. This second one is doing ok, but it is beginning to have trouble sending text messages (they might not send even if I have full network signal) and no longer lets me customize my ringtone. The physical phone itself is quite nice, but it has seriously software problems. If you look around other reviews around the internet you'll find that many, many people have encountered defective versions of this phone. It's too bad, I liked the idea of an eco-friendly phone. Obviously Samsung's quality control for this phone didn't do its job.

Build quality 2/10 -my previous phone lasted me 3 years, the first one of this phone I got lasted me 3 weeks and then continuously reset itself over and over (sometimes over 50 times a day!) -second one of this phone was ok for a couple months but now it has trouble sending text messages (it won't be able to find a signal even when I have full network service)
Internet 2/10 slow.
Multimedia 2/10 not really a phone you get if you want to watch stuff - screen is too small and it doesn't support a lot of file types - additionally, it has even difficulty reading the ones it can supposedly handle. After 4 months, it no longer allows me to customize my ringtone to songs, etc.
Camera 5/10 good considering it's only 2MP, but it would've been nice to include a flash since the camera quality is already so low
Text input 7/10 the keyboard is probably the only highlight of this phone - its easy to use and you can type pretty fast on it if you have smaller fingers - might be more difficult if you don't. it is easy to mistype letters though.
Display 5/10 so-so, nothing special
Battery 7/10 doesn't have a particularly long battery life (especially if you don't have it on power saver), but it charges really quickly.

Pros

• pretty decent QWERTY keyboard
  • good call quality & reception
  • fairly short battery life, but charges quickly

Cons

• so many of these phones are defective and its difficult to get a replacement
  • very short lifespan - I've had mine for less than a year and its already acting funky

James Madison Univ
posted on 24 Mar 2010, 23:08

Very good over-all phone. Great battery life, camera, and screen.  Doesn't require
an 'everything plan.'

Pros

• Compact but still has full keyboard

Cons

• Buttons are a small

posted on 15 Mar 2010, 17:00

Thinking of the environment is nice and all, but I would rather have a phone that doesn't lag, freeze, restart, and reset my preferences on a daily basis. Good try on the part of Samsung, but I'll stick to a normal phone next time and be more eco-friendly in other ways.

Pros

• Cute
  • Eco Friendly
  • Good camera
  • Bright display

Cons

• Lags
  • Freezes
  • Restarts during use
  • Resets preferences

goddesxx2747
posted on 12 Mar 2010, 15:41

loving sprint and the earth

I love a company that thinks of the earth and sprint has done it with the new reclaim. I was able to get a phone i can do a lot of stuff on with out being overwhelmed. i just moved to sprint and i love my lil phone and the ringers are so funny.

Jak-o
posted on 01 Mar 2010, 15:36

One of Sprints AWESOME phones

THIS phone is awesome don't listen to the negative writers!!!! This phone Is the best cheap($0.00-29.99)phone ever made by Samsung,this phone comes in dark gray, green, and ocean blue, but now you can only get it in dark gray and green see full size see full size

Pros

• 1.Awesome qwerty keyboard
  • 2.2.0 megapixel camera
  • 3.Easy to use

Cons

• NONE

Meni
posted on 25 Feb 2010, 12:15

This phone now SUCKS, keeps crashing

This past week or so, the sprint one click software seems to make my phone crash, so far 2 times today, crashes atleast once a day, I  have to re-add my screensaver, update software, update the carousel, download the tiles.over and over again. If i wasn't stuck in this contract I'd get a new phone. D

Pros

Cons

• small keyboard, and it now crashes everyday.

Mcguillicudy
posted on 11 Feb 2010, 11:26

Great little phone

I recently upgraded to the reclaim from the Sanyo 2700.  I wanted a 3G phone and more features but didn't want to pay the data pack costs for a Blackberry.  This phone is the perfect solution for me.  I have read the complaints about the keys being too close together for texting, but I haven't had a problem.  The pictures from the 2MP camera turn out much clearer than I anticipated.  This is a great phone if you are like me and want a smart phone without the cost of the Blackberry.

Pros

• Great features, easy texting

Cons

• No flash for camera

dimetri
posted on 07 Dec 2009, 12:29

Worst phone ever... Green should not mean sucks!!!

Ok i think it great that Samsung felt like going green and created an eco-friendly phone... however this should not be at the sacrifice of creating a quality phone!!! The keyboard on this phone is awful the keys are cramped and hard to use. The voice quality is terrible and my wife and I lost calls on a non stop basis in places where we had no problems before with or previous Sprint phones. The phone also feels extremely cheep overall the slider wiggles quite a bit and the phone has a very cheep plastic feel.

Pros

• I guess the fact that it is green...

Cons

• Bad call quality, drops calls, small keyboard, zero form factor feels horrid in hand, slider wiggles to much, overall feels cheap!!!

Rhonda
posted on 24 Nov 2009, 08:47

Samsung reclaim shocked me

I've had almost every phone sprint has to offer. I downgraded to the reclaim in a trade just to test it out. I read a lot of reviews that said the buttons were too close together so texting was virtually impossible. This is not true! I have really fat fingers and the texting is awesome for me. This phone has great internet features and honestly I havent found anything that I would really change about it, except for the default ringers and screensavers but they do go with the eco friendly theme..

Pros

• Texting is awesome and the camera is pretty good.

Cons

• I would prefer a flash on the camera. I would remove sprint's carousel that is just in the way.

Sloppy Joe
posted on 17 Nov 2009, 20:12

Amazing phone

This is a great phone. Though the keyboard is a bit small and you hit the . or shift button you will get used to it.The 3.5 mm jack is a nice feature and so is the new 1 touch system.Overall this phone is one i would recommend to anyone who is a fan of the palm pre but doesnt want to wast thier money.