Samsung Omnia II CDMA User Reviews

Nico
posted on 16 May 2010, 21:19

Great Windows Mobile Device, Not for everyone.

Upgraded from the i910 Omnia.  Couldn't be happier with the device.  Thing is, I'm not an average phone user, which is why I (as well as most of you folks) got this phone in the first place.  Android would be the obvious choice for most smartphone users, but I needed something that would replace my laptop on the go.  The phone's got a great feature set (phenomenal camera, speakers, divx support to name a few) and very fast (when you have the processor speed on normal or high) for a windows mobile device, and it's not ugly...at all. It's not too flashy but not nearly as minimalist as recent HTC phones.  Samsung's black and red theme they seem to use with everything now actually looks good here...but i digress.  What I was getting at before was that this is really sort of a niche device, definitely geared towards windows mobile fans and business users above all else.  Although TouchWiz is definitely a great UI, SPB mobile Shell suits most folks' desires for that Android-ish sort of interface with all your programs a click away.  It works especially well on this phone, far better than it did on my 910. I'd recommend it if you like windows mobile but don't wan't to sacrifice network quality to get the HD2 (Resolution's. Also if you want a smartphone with an above average video camera.

Pros

• Windows Mobile, camera quality, sound quality, Speed, Screen Resolution

Cons

• Windows Mobile, Useless cube app, TouchWiz a little too simplistic at times--tries too hard to make you forget it's WinMo. None of these are major concerns though as they can all be fixed through customization.

Tommy Curran
posted on 22 Apr 2010, 18:25

Samsungs Omnia II i920

Just traded my droid for this phone. People think I'm crazy but if you are a social net worker and love doing what everybody else is doing the Droid is for you. If you own a business and what a phone that will work like your computer the Omnia II is the one. For business purposes this phone blows the Droid out of the water. My wife loves her Droid Eris and I dont blame her it has soom really cool gadgets and features. I had the Droid for 2 weeks and got to admitt got sucked in by all the cool thing it did, until it came to running my business, with no phone buttons (the green and red) and touch screen dialing I was constantly dialing people on accident, plus if you want to call your last number and your phone is locked, it took alot of looking around for the phone icon just to get there. So if you want a cool phone with the latest and greatest features get the Droid if your a small business owner and want function and power the Omnia II is my pick.

Pros

• Powerful phone with great compatibility and sync with your computer

Cons

• There is some useless menu functions. Like the cube.

Mikos
posted on 22 Mar 2010, 11:39

Turn your Processer speed up on your phone,

Hello,  I have had my Omnia 2 since it came out.  This phone is the best.  Everything works fine, with no lag.  If you use you phone on the net alot, try connecting to a Wifi network, and not the 3 G.  Also turn up your processer speed.  That is in the Phone settings.  You do not need SPB to have a great phone on this.  You just need to learn the features.  Learn how to USE THE PHONE.

Pros

Cons

• Needed to buy Extended Battery for this phone, cause I run my processer on High.

jarko
posted on 05 Jan 2010, 07:31

SLOW and problems with usability

I've been using this phone for some 3 weeks now.It is SLOW. Oh my god! Without SPB it's unusable. With SPB it's OK, but the carousel from SPB works in 'slideshow' speed.Inerface is mixture of proper size buttons and mini buttons. Because of the resolution some buttons (like Start and Close) are too small.I have HTC Hero at home too. It is faster and easier to use. I am selling Omnia on ebay to buy Hero.In 3 weeks I had 1 hang and some 10 applicatin crashes !

Pros

• Good screen with vibrant colors

Cons

• SLOW
  • Usability problems
  • Software crashes

posted on 12 Dec 2009, 15:37

VERY BUGGY!! SLOW!! QWERT IS BAD!!

All I have to say is I should have gotten the Droid over this over hyped phone. I've had it for 3 weeks and it's like having the first edition of the BB storm. This phone is FULL of bugs. Lags all the time. Takes forever to process information.

Pros

• Cool Design

Cons

• Qwerty is not user friendly. Very slow processing info, VERY BUGGY

roman
posted on 06 Dec 2009, 09:01

the best

okay i have been playing with this phone for 3 days and it has everything you need this thing can run multiple apps i dont see a lag. battery is good they could have more apps to download. if you are thinking about this phone get it i have the droid its good but this phone is much better.

Pros

• every thing

Cons

• not much app choice

Crusader55
posted on 06 Dec 2009, 00:22

It's a really good phone!

It's one of the best windows mobile phone out there.. it has some lag but every one knows that windows mobile ruins a phone. i suggest try running the cpu on maximum performance. it has a gorgeous amoled display, nice camera, fast texting and e-mail (swype technology) and it has a lot of apps on board..

Pros

• camera, display, design, swype..

Cons

• a bit laggy sometimes.. battery life could be better.

jasona
posted on 04 Dec 2009, 18:31 (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)

Omnia II

I have owned the phone for 3 days now and wanted to really play with it before reviewing it. So here it is. I really have mixed feelings for this phone coming from the first omnia (which I really liked). As for appearance the phone is really nice to look at and very comfortable to hold. Just right as far as size is concerned. The screen seems to be the phones best attribute but keep a soft wiping cloth with you because it does get smudgy. I must say I am disappointed with it in terms of not living up to the phone I thought it would be for the time I had waited for it to come out. Instead of improving on everything I loved so much about the first gen, they got rid of it all together. Things such as the optical D pad (which had great feel and function), microsoft voice, and the samsung today screen which was way better than widgets or winmo. With that said it took some time to get used to. I am sure you will read about the phone being laggy and widgets being slow, its because they are! Both the Samsung interface and the new windows 6.5 interface are horrible. I was ready to bring the phone back after only a day, but decided to download the SPB Mobile shell onto it to give it a try. Since then the phone has been terrific! I know, I was reluctant to chunk out more cash for a brand new device that has more than enough time to make right but once again it was well worth it!!! The shell takes away any sluggish movement and lets you zip through functions and apps at turbo speed. I will...

Pros

• style, size, screen, SWYPE, camera, video, touch response

Cons

• terrible interface, terrible voice app, no d pad, no free navigation.