Samsung Mythic User Reviews

Camera6.3/10
Multimedia5.7/10
Internet4.3/10

cocomarco101
posted on 05 Mar 2011, 12:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)

It's a good phone

cocomarco101 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for little less than a year now and I am very pleased with it. This is my first touch screen and a direct replacement to my previous Motorola Razr V3. Only complaints are learning to text on this phone and the camera. The camera on this phone isn't bad but it's nothing great. I would recommend this phone to anyone who doesn't need an internet plan but still wants a good texting device.

• Vivid Screen
  • Responsive touch screen

Cons

• Can't choose the lock homescreens

Ben Steib
posted on 04 Mar 2011, 20:32

restarting yourself

Ben Steib has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

the only problem that i and many other users is that the phone keeps reseting itself very often and at times when you need it the most... a month to six months is when it starts to happen... so if you get this phone plan on exchanging it for a new one. overall everything is great and i suggest you buy it but you will need to exchange soon... GOOD LUCK WITH THE PHONE AND HAPPY BUYS!!!

Pros

Cons

• resets itself often

Ben Steib alternatives:

maxxc1732
posted on 17 Jan 2011, 11:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)

Decent Phone

maxxc1732 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've owned this phone for about three months and it is a good phone. When I say good phone I mean only "good phone". I would not reccomend to someone who wants to replace a smartphone. The phone is okay on messaging, and call quality is amazing. The resistive touchscreen is good for texting but it is terrible for web browsing and scrolling. The battery life is very good and exceeded my expectations. The build quality was bad and the phone is very creaky. the camera was a major dissapointment. Auto focus cameras are a joke and limit what the camera can be used for. Before this phone I owned an e71x and loved the 3.2 megapixel camera. One of the reasons I purchased this phone was because it had a 3.2 megapixel camera. This phone has the capability to be a great phone yet AT&T puts too much bloatware on it thus slowing it down, another thing with features is that you have to pay 7.99 a month for email when AT&T already charges you 10 a month for Internet. I purchased an Internet plan on this phone so I could check my facebook and email but I can only do one of those. I also purchased this phone because the Internet plan was far cheaper than smarthphone plans but recently AT&T has changed this so now it is almost the same price for "dumbphones". I would reccomend this phone to people who only use their phone for calling, if you use email, Internet or texting I would reccomend getting a windows 7 phone, which is what I will be doing.

Pros

• Amazing Screen

Cons

• Cheap build

Disappointed with Mythic
posted on 13 Jul 2010, 11:01

I wouldn't get this phone

I wouldn't get this phone.  I wanted to get an intermediate-level of smart phone.  This one isn't very smart.  I haven't had dropped calls since I left my last phone carrier.  My previous phone, Razor, had great reception, this phone drops calls all of the time.  The browser is clunky, awkward, and slow.  Finally, there's this "pause" where you keep hitting the keys during texting.  The phone doesn't repsond, and then it does...with a furry...catching up with all those pressed keys.  It's very disappointing.

Pros

Cons

• Slow, clunky, awkward internet
  • Dropped calls
  • Pausing key entry

jeremy berglass
posted on 17 Mar 2010, 07:19

great phone but slow internet

I got the mythic afew weeks ago and i lov e especially the tv service and the games. But the internet is pretty slow i have to wait 30 sec. to go to a website. I like the texing on the phone, and the widgets are great, there are so many to choose from. But the homescreens are king of girly (butterly, leaf, fireworks), so otherwise, great phone.

• widgets
  • tv
  • games
  • apps

• internet
  • homescreens

Tom Valletta
posted on 03 Jan 2010, 18:32

My reservations were put to rest.

I was really hesitant to buy this phone due to the conflicting reviews I read from various sources.  I wanted to replace my Samsung Eternity, which I really loved, but as time went on I found that not having voice dial was a real annoyance, making my blue tooth headset virtually useless.  Then again, I didn’t like the idea of giving up a speedier interface. I made my decision. After getting the Mythic, I’m happy to announce that all my reservations were put to rest.  This phone is everything the Eternity was, except that everything I felt that needed improvement was realized in the Mythic. No regrets here! My major complaint is that Samsung’s New PC Studio no longer provides support for backing up your address book, or your calendar events. I’m sure this has more than a little to do with at&t’s desire to charge you $3.00 per month to do this for you (address book only).  You may want to think twice about filling up the 2000 entry capable contact list on the Mythic.  If fact, the biggest problem with this phone is that just about every application it offers will suck you dry with a monthly fee, as opposed to a one-time purchase for it. Even Mobile Email with cost you $5.00 per month now. I guess we’re just not paying enough for cell phone service these days.  If you want your Outlook Express email on your phone, get a Google account, set up their IMAP server, and you can link up with your email and make it look like you’re sending and receiving...

Pros

• Voice commands, two internet browsers, great virtual keyboard, three home screens for all those widgets, customizing options.

Cons

• Interface could be snappier, monthly fees for almost all the applications.

k
posted on 30 Dec 2009, 14:42

weak battery, slow interface, but cool phone

The only two downfalls of this phone are the weak battery and the interface.  During the first 30 seconds or so after startup the phone is particularly slow (perhaps loading the memory card, it's always updates the time but this can be disabled).  Other than that the phone is awesome.  The display is really sharp call quality is good.  I recommend this phone.

Pros

• very crisp display
  • nice size and weight
  • call and music sound quality is great
  • watching videos look clear (320x240 mp4)
  • no data plan required through at&t

Cons

• weak battery
  • touch interface is slow at times
  • many files and apps are system locked (can't remove them)
  • removing the memory card is practically surgery (plan on leaving it in)

dpriem2
posted on 26 Nov 2009, 14:46

First touch screen, pretty good!

This is my first touch screen. I changed from a truely epic phone in the Sony Ericsson w810 so I had some high expectations. The widget stuff is a little weird at first but you quickly find that they're pretty useful. It's great that you have three separate homescreens to put your icons on as well. The speaker is very loud which has been uncharacteristic of Samsung and is very welcomed. The battery runs quite a while too. The camera for the phone, I feel, is much better than the Phone Arena review gives it credit for. The images I've taken with it are actually quite crisp. The only disappointment is that Samsung/At&t didn't churn out a phone with a camera better than 3.2 megapixels... especially with what Samsung has given other providers.

Pros

• Really easy to use, great speaker clarity and volume, the touch-screen is resistive and I enjoy that because I feel it provides more input back to the user. Excellent screen resolution, I was amazed at how vivid it was.

Cons

• Although very customizable, there are some icons in the menu that you just can't get rid of( for all of the additional services) and that is annoying because it makes your menu bigger and more clogged than it should be. That seems to be characteristic of everything these days, though.
  • Also, it doesn't seem like you are able to adjust the images for the screensaver. The phone just cycles through its pre-programmed images that some of them are just immasculating... haha