Samsung Jack User Reviews

Napman1976
posted on 24 Feb 2011, 15:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Feb 2011)

Big Mistake

Napman1976 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone was great the first week, but can not handle heavy volumes of text and emails. I've replaced the "Jack" three times with my insurance and I only have one month left on my contract before I can replace it. I highly recommend "not" getting this phone. It was clunky, didn't do the job I was told it would do, and the coverage was spotty. The OS system would be great if the phone would have supported it.

Build quality 4/10 Clunky
Internet 4/10 Because it was slow no matter how many bars I had.
UI speed 3/10 Slow. Slow.Slow.

Pros

• Big Screen
  • Sleek Color
  • Easy typing/texting

Cons

• Clunky and heavy
  • No accessories available
  • Phone locks up too much
  • Phone feezes up alot
  • Have to reset the phone to factory settings every two weeks
  • Slow internet speed
  • Lack of knowledge from AT&T techs when needed
  • No headphone jack
  • Lack of Caller ID pics and Ringtone ID
  • Windows Menu takes forever to load

cobi
posted on 22 Oct 2009, 10:13

Awesome

this phone is amazing! im 15 and my dad bought me this phone 5 days ago and im trying to learn everything about it. The full keyboard texting is great for me because i text alot. the internet explorer is very fast and the manuevering is beastly i really recomend this phone.

Pros

• Fast texting. Fast Internet.

seafishman
posted on 17 Jun 2009, 00:07

Jack Squat

Looking for a new corporate phone to replace our aging fleet of phones, including my old school HTC 8525, I picked up the new Jack.
The key pad appeared easier to use than the old Black Jack 2's that we have running around the office, but this proved not to be the case. The stiffness in the keys, and the close proximity to each other led to many mistakes.
Samsung still has not quite figured out how to install a usable browser, and the touch screen was still hard to see in the sunlight similar to the previous versions.
Navigating the phone and using the menus was not as intuitive as you would expect from a manufacturer that has been doing this awhile. Why would you release a phone targeting a corporate marketplace with the "personal assistant" concept that doesn't even use Windows Mobile Pro? I need an assistant to keep track of information, not have it locked away in some sort of non-navigatable device that won't let me sort my emails or pop in and out of folders in Outlook.
Piece of junk was returned in 2 days and I have gone back to my old 8525, which may be slow and showing signs of age, but does what I need and how I tell it to.
The call quality was nice, and if you just want to have a cool looking phone sponsored by Ozzy, then this would be a good pick. If you are a business type, who lives on email via an exchange server, keep looking.

Pros

• Call quality was nice. Ozzy likes it, so my kids thinks it's cool. Looks like a Blackberry, but you don't have to be a Crackberry to have one.

Cons

• Windows Mobile Pro, where are you? Browser is just as bad as the other Black Jacks. Key board is a type-o waiting to happen.

posted on 10 Jun 2009, 00:30

The phone is awesome to have for now because technology always have something else approaching later. I have not seen any issues with the phone. Three days ago charge the phone and charge is full, the phone was in the study room whilst watching the game on  surround and there was the phone ringing over the noise. Phone is light in weight. Camera also display is clear.

• win 6.1
  • media player
  • sound qaulity
  • weight

Jacob
posted on 04 Jun 2009, 11:31

This is a AWESOME PHONE

The Samsung Jack is the best phone I have every had. It can do a lot! This is my first smartphone and it great. The sound is very loud. The phone is very clear its like the person is right next to you. This phone is really shiny which is a con and a pro. The keyboard is great, and the 3.2 megapixel camera takes great pictures. The phone is extremely fast. Everything about this phone is AWESOME.

Pros

• Windows Mobile 6.1
  • The keyboard
  • The 3.2 camera
  • The design
  • The sound
  • Call quality
  • It's really fast

Cons

• There is some lack of customization
  • No 3.5 headphone jack