Samsung Intrepid User Reviews

Text input8.5/10
Everyday usage7.5/10
UI speed6.5/10

hltechie
posted on 18 Oct 2011, 11:45 (Posts: 85; Member since: 08 May 2009)

Great quality phone, poor OS

hltechie has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This was a very well built phone, however I didn't really care for the OS. I had this for a week and returned it because it was very hard to navigate and understand (and this comes from someone who has worked in both cell phone tech support/repair as well as computer support/repair)

Pros

Cons

• OS
  • hard to understand

Jim
posted on 19 Nov 2010, 13:16

Awesome phone for Battery life... bottom of the heap as far as WM phones go.

Jim has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Phone is quirky in a lot of respects. Sprint will quickly refund your money (w/ no restocking fee) if you complain about this phone.... the reps I talked to seemed to know this phone was pretty crappy on the UI. In alot of respects.. the UI was not very logical.... WM 6.5 (the rendition on this phone) is a bit unusable.
Battery life on the other hand is pretty downright incredible. Don't know what samsung did here... but they did it very well.
Overall... in spite of the UI... if I were someone who needed the capabilities of a smartphone ... w/ out all the drawbacks of batterylife associated w/ all of the other phones.... I would definitely consider this phone. Very nice that it's a world phone as well.

Pros

• Battery life is nearly twice as good as most smart phones.
  • Option to go GSM is very nice.

Cons

• Phone UI is quirky... command buttons sometimes stop working temporarily.
  • When using phone as wifi router, wifi shuts off after ~15 min

Busy Parent
posted on 04 Jan 2010, 11:35

Very Impressive

The interface could be confusing at times, but as I learned more about the phone I found something to value in it's use with each passing day.  In my previous life I have had the Palm 755P, HTC 3125, Samsung Exclaim and a few flip phones.  The Intrepid has good signal stength, good voice quality and a VERY nice a versatile touch and tactile interface.  The screen size is nice and crisp and there are well thought out short cut buttons upfront for heavily used features such as bluetooth.  If my bluetooth device is on and I turn on the Bluetooth of the Intrepid, it immediately recognizes who it should pair with.  This made pairing faster for me.  The internet was fast and I can access sites I am unable to access on my other phones, such as secure sites.  The music player is nice.  Signal strength is awesome; the phone maintained call through an elevator ride and was showing off on the internet in a tunnel, underground.  I am impressed with the accuracy of the TELLME feature (with or without a bluetooth).  I would recommend this for a busy adult with a lot of stuff to do or a business professional.

• touch/tactile interface options
  • MP3
  • TellMe
  • Calendar
  • WiFi

Cons

• Interface on some items can be a little confusing at first; be patient

SprintUser10
posted on 12 Nov 2009, 15:37

PRETTY GOOD FOR PRICE AND MY PLAN

The Samsung Intrepid is a huge upgrade from my old disfunctional motorola q. Windows 6.5 is truly a touch screen OS. I love the touch screen, but it could've been a great phone without (like a blackberry). I have a full data, text, etc plan, unfortunately, I am on an old SERO plan (30 a month), and most of sprint's new phones (like the Samsung moment, palm pre and all instinct phones) require the new SERO plan (60 a month). That greatly limits my choice of phones. Blackberry plans also require an extra 10 dollars a month (to run on that blackberry internet). Since I wanted a smart phone, there were a few, the Treo Pro, HTC Snap, Touch Pro 2, and the Intrepid. I did not like the keyboard on the Treo Pro, and my friends seem to have a problem with their Treo's, the HTC snap was too boring of a phone for me, and the Touch Pro 2 is WAYYYY TOO EXPENSIVE (unless you are a real business person, or don't have a laptop/ desktop to work on, the Touch Pro 2 is
Unnecessary unnecessary (although still a really cool phone). The Samsung Intrepid for $150 will satisfy all you're needs, web browsing, instant messaging, e-mail, microsoft applications (word, excel, outlook, etc) as well as several other useful and fun extras. Great for a college student or business worker on the go.

Pros

• Fast processing
  • Comfortable keyboard and good hotkeys
  • Useful Microsoft applications (especially outlook)
  • Touch screen is convenient
  • Very good camera

Cons

• Interface is confusing at first, but you get used to it
  • Edges can track fingerprints
  • Can only partially customize home screen