Samsung Intensity User Reviews

Multimedia5.5/10

Bridget
posted on 28 May 2010, 10:35

Awesome phone!

This is one amazing little phone! I love the Qwerty keyboard- having never used one before, it took me a little bit to get used to it. Buttons are comfortable to use and are easily reached. The camera has a good zoom (just make sure that the resolution is not at the highest setting in order to use the zoom) and picture quality is good. The calendar is kinda strange in that the end time has to be different from the start time in order to add an event. My last phone didn't have that issue, but no big deal. Text messages are in chat form which is great in case you forget the last message, which I usually do! Customizing is no problem- good-sized images on screen and I love the ability to change the fonts. The ONLY real complaint I have is that the battery life seems to be a bit short. I would-and will- very highly recommend this phone!

Pros

Cons

• Short battery life

SeldumNumberXXI
posted on 22 Apr 2010, 00:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Apr 2010)

I HATE THIS PHONE

I got this phone last year and it only lasted one month for me. I was just texting one of my friends and then it just froze and i couldnt turn it on anymore. So we switched to att. The only thing was that we thought att was too expensive. So we switched to t mobile and i found the samsung gravity 2. I have to say that the samsung gravity 2 is WAYYYYY better than this phone.

Pros

Cons

• Freezes
  • Not very reliable

GaiLee
posted on 15 Apr 2010, 20:58

Love this Fone!!

I use this phone as a phone and calendar. I do not text. I did lots of research before I "bought" (it was free w/ my new every 2) this phone. I checked out the 2 I had narrowed down to at the store; the other was an LG. The reason I decided on this one was the fact that you can make the font larger, good for us that are over 40! I'm not crazy about the ringtones and from what I've researched, you can't transfer or use mp3 for ringtones and I haven't figured a way around it. I don't have a problem with hearing on it, it's very clear. I love this size, it fits right in your hand. Now, I don't carry this in my pocket but in a pocket in my purse and I have NO problem with the lock feature. This feature was on the phone, I did not set it up. The power button does not work unless you unlock the phone. What does work with the unlock on is 911, *, #. The camera takes ok pics; I don't use it for a camera unless I need a quick photo since I carry my camera with me at all times. The keypad buttons are good size and the qwerty keyboard works fine for me. I got a nice rubberized case on ebay that just snaps on. I recommend this phone. I'll probably have this phone quite a while; I had my previous Motorola for 4 years.

Pros

• Size, font, calendar

Cons

• ringtones

rapike121
posted on 08 Apr 2010, 12:35

good for basics, nothing else.

Since the day I have recieved this phone I have liked it less and less to the point where I absolutely HATE it now.  I had an LG Chocolate 2, then a friend's hand-me-down LG enV2, and was excited for my free "upgrade."  This phone was a downgrade.  It feels like cheap material and the back pops off very easily.   The display themes and the calendar set-up are ugly.
The calendar and alarms are VERY annoying and complicated/time consuming to use: when you set your entry mode, it does not cover the whole phone.  You have to manually change the mode whenever you enter the calendar or alarm function.  The times/dates also don't automatically change: if you set your start time/date later than your end time/date, the latter won't automatically switch.  You can't put any dates later in the calendar either: not a minute past the present time.  If your alarm goes off and you select the "remind me later" button, it won't remind you later.  You are limited in the number of events you can have each day, God forbid you have a hectic schedule.  This is REALLY REALLY annoying, irritating, and time consuming because I use my phone as my calendar on a daily basis.  I have never had a problem with this on any of my other phones.
The phone does not have video messaging either and the reactions are slow.  Sending a text, opening the main menu, deleting something, etc are all delayed.

This isn't as big of a deal, but the...

Pros

• slides, good reception, keyboard

Cons

• annoying/complicated calender, annoying alarm setup, no video messaging, slow reactions, no phone-wide entry mode

Adam Smith
posted on 03 Apr 2010, 11:35

for the people who say the camera wil not zoom. i had the same prob before i started the camera, went to options,hit multishot, select a series or divided shot it does not matter, once set go back to taking a pic and the camera will allow you to zoom in and out. or just hit end and everytime you start the camera back up you will be able to zoom in and out!!!!

Pros

• i foiund everything i want in a phone its simple and easy to control unlike these $300 phones that the user manual is bogger than my chem. book.

Cons

• the only thing i found wrong was that it would sometimes freeze up, but not to often. and the over came off when dropped and the memory caard aloways shot out.

Jiminy
posted on 24 Mar 2010, 11:23

Intensity battery time

Phone will not hold a charge. I'm on my third replacement, and finally one of these phones holds a charge "sometimes". My wife has same phone, and when they sit together on same table mine will lose charge, while hers holds for 4-5 days.  If your Intensity is losing charge in hours instead of days, the phone is not working correctly.

Pros

Cons

• 1-Intensity model seems to have inherent problem with holding a charge.
  • 2-Battery replacement difficult.

Edin Rodriguez
posted on 04 Feb 2010, 21:20

Its awesome!!! [:

Well ive had this phone for only 2 days and i like it! When the chocolate touch came out i wanted it!! now i couldnt wait for my upgrade(feburary 2) but then verizon decided to add that the Chocolate Touch required a data package!! i wasnt about to pay 10 dollars a month for internet that i wasnt going to even used and that i didnt want! i had the juke and this was the only messaging phone that didnt require a data package and also the Motorola Rival(they didnt reccomend it) so i had to get this phone if i wanted to text faster so i got it! this phone is an awesome phone if you like texting you are going to like this phone!! so if you do not want to pay 10 dollars for a data package for the other verizon phones a really reccomend this phone and ill write another review when i play with it more!!

HOPE THIS HELPED!

Pros

• The keyboard is awesome!!
  • I like the camera[:
  • Well everything really

Cons

• Theres no camcorder..but that why i have a camara!! so its alright but other than that nothing yett??

Missi
posted on 22 Jan 2010, 21:52

all in all, it's a decent phone

I've had this phone for a couple months, and I really do like it. There are a couple things that could be better, such as how easily the back comes off,  (Almost every time I drop the phone the back pops off and the battery pops out.) the lack of video recording, and the fact that there's not much option for customization. The camera will zoom, if you change the resolution. It took me a little bit to figure out how to use all the features of the phone... I love the ability to do picture messages with voice notes- that has been a great source of fun for me and my mom. I've had calls drop, but only because I live a gazillion miles away from any tower- when we're in the city I have clear reception- the call quality is great. I plug my phone in as a general rule every night, but even when I forget to do that the battery lasts a long time.  I love the music player- easy to use, and songs don't get distorted like they did on my last phone. When it came time for my upgrade, I was going to get the env3... My hubby told me to play around with his phone first, to see if I like it. I;m really glad I did, because this phone is everything I needed. Now if only they'd come out with one that has more customizing options.

Pros

• fits easily in all my pockets, texting is supremely easy, good battery life

Cons

• back comes off too easy, not enough custom options

Artsyb
posted on 22 Jan 2010, 11:24

Great for first time QWERTY users...

I recently broke my old LG flip phone and because I was eligible for an upgrade and was broke, settled on this one. Take note, I have never had a qwerty keyboard phone before, and therefore only used one maybe once or twice. So far, I love the keyboard on this phone. I have little fingers and the keys are just the right size.  The mobile web access is pretty good, considering I only use it for facebook, checking my email, and a few other sites.  As with other reviews, I have not yet dropped a call, though the send and recieve buttons took some getting used to.  The only thing I would say that bothers me is that unlike my old phone, which could carry a charge for 2 to 3 days at the most (even when I was making a lot of calls/texts), this phone has to be charged every single day by the time I get out of work. Most days it will lose power by the end of my 8 hour shift. I don't know if it is my battery or the texting, but it is a factor that I have found to be a tad cumbersome. Other than that, I would definitely recomend this phone for all my friends and family, especially anyone who likes to text.

Pros

• Good for fast texting
  • Excellent for making calls
  • Nice practical design

Cons

• Battery life is very short compared to old phone
  • Very easy to drop

Mike Harris
posted on 18 Jan 2010, 22:35

intensity

Great for texting....not the best for web browsing but adequate.Tried forever to watch a vid online but seems like the phone isn't capable....Love the micro sd card feature......To the first reviewer:To get the zoom to work you have to choose a different resolution such as 640x480 instead of 1280x960.

Pros

• comfortable,nice keyboard.Sd card feature nice too.

Cons

• cannot DL music from the web or watch vids.

Grandma
posted on 17 Jan 2010, 14:31

not worth the bucks

This is one of those , got to have because my friend has one, things. My grand-daughter took her Xmas money & bought this phone, then after it was all set-up & she added all her contacts, she ask how do you use the zoom on the camera? After several tries, reading over the instruction book 3 times & going to every web site I could find, I was still unable to get the camera to zoom in. So back to the store we went & exchanged it for a new one... well wouldn't you know (?) the new phone is the same way. Here we go again! I went back online & still found nothing, even called Verizon & was left on hold for 20 mins. before I hung-up. I would think if you pay $100 for a phone, it should do everything it's suppose to. Her cheap $20 phone worked better than this thing, but hey, if you want a phone with a full key board & are on a prepaid plan, I guess you can't be picky.

Pros

• full key board

Cons

• no video
  • camera won't zoom

KfX
posted on 05 Jan 2010, 01:04

Also

I also wanted to add that I am using the Alltel version of this phone, which may be somewhat different in functionality to Verizon's version.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ...

KfX
posted on 05 Jan 2010, 00:54

Nice little phone

Phone is cool. I was using Blackberry and PDA phones but got tired of paying extra for the data plans tethered to them. One reason I chose this phone is because of the qwerty keyboard, which is really good for texting. The size and design of it is also very nice (feels good in the hand and can fit nicely in your pocket). Call quality is excellent and the bluetooth is great for music and picture transfers. The camera is good but basic and has no video capability. The music player is adequate, but basic in function and tone. Customizing is minimal: no themes available, only make your own banner and use pictures for screen background- thats it! Button layout on front of phone is easy and comfortable to dial on, but some buttons (call and end, for example) seem awkwardly placed. There is an auto-lock feature for the keypad that is helpful to keep accidental calls from happening, but is also annoying because you have to deactivate it every time you want to use phone. Annoying. Overall, though, this is a nice little phone. I would recommend for texting and calling capacity.

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard
  • Call quality
  • Bluetooth transfer capable
  • Comfortable feel

Cons

• No customizing features!!!
  • Annoying front keypad auto-lock and
  • awkward placement of certain buttons on
  • front of phone.

posted on 29 Dec 2009, 14:36

Pretty Good Phone

I got this phone a couple months ago, and so far it has been great!  It is very sturdy (I've dropped it a couple times, and it hasn't broken), and is easy to use.  It is slick though, so you may need to get a cover for it.  The only complaints I really have are with the camera.  If I click on a picture I want to view, it takes a while to bring it up.  The camera does not zoom, although there is a zoom icon that shows next to the brightness icon.  You can adjust the brightness, but you cannot zoom in or out.  You can zoom on a picture after you have taken it, but you cannot save it.  It's really annoying!  Also, there is no video.  Other than the camera, this phone is great.  It has nice reception, hasn't dropped a call yet, and recieves texts quickly.

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Good reception
  • Easy to use

Cons

• No video
  • Camera doesn't zoom

Clare
posted on 20 Dec 2009, 19:15

This is my first phone, and I am quite pleased with it. On retrospect, I ended up wanting a flip phone, because I simply like the design more. But honestly, it's a nice little phone. Call quality is much better than any other mobile phone I've used, which surprised me. I've been getting good service everywhere, and haven't had a call dropped.
The layout annoys me quite a bit, but it probably wouldn't bother most people. If you want a way to customize your phone, you're mostly out of luck. Though you can obviously change the background, and put a personal banner up, it doesn't do enough to satisfy me.
Bluetooth is pretty reliable, I use it for transferring wall papers and ring-tones. Alltel charges you an arm and a leg if you want to buy your ringtones and wallpapers from them, so you're better off transferring it yourself. As far as I can see, you'll have to buy all games from alltel, you can't transfer them on.

Pros

• Very sturdy, I dropped it a considerable amount of times, it's held up on me nicely.
  • Call quality is very clear.
  • Texting is easy and comfortable if you have small fingers, as I do.
  • You can have either chat style, or normal, for your texting layout.
  • Custom ringtones can be added. I send them through my mac with bluetooth file transfer.
  • Easy to use.
  • Little area for my cellphone strap.

Cons

• The theme is annoying. You can't change it on the alltel model. If you can, it's so hard to find that I can't find it.
  • I was kind of annoyed that in order to play games, you have to go to the alltel store, it won't just appear on your menu.
  • You can't remove icons you won't use. (IE, I don't use alltel navigation.)
  • The buttons for normal calls are so badly positioned. It hurts my thumb to try to dial with one hand.

posted on 02 Dec 2009, 12:18

Great phone.  The reception is good - although I had Sprint before so pretty much anything would be an upgrade for reception.  Love the keyboard - you need 2 hands though so no texting while driving (which is actually a good thing).  Super easy to text though, and an easy phone to figure out.  Perfect size - small enough to fit in your pocket but will comes with a big screen.

Pros

• Easy texting, customizable shortcuts, GREAT battery life. I'm on day 3 without charging (and I use my phone quite a bit)

Cons

• No zoom on the camera, horrible ringtones

Nicolette
posted on 10 Nov 2009, 10:59

One Cool Beans Phone!!

I just got my phone yesterday and was not as impressed as I thought I would be.  The screen quality is a little grainy and it took approximatly 15 seconds to acess each page of pictures I have.  ((I found a way to make this better though,  click view to enlarge pics THEN scroll thru each individual pic tand it only takes about two seconds)I don't like the wallpaper setup;  It makes the pics too big and causes the graininess.  I liked how on my Rokr (Rockr, Roker??  It was a slider from alltel in 07) You could center pics if they were too big for your screen, now it's just tough cookies.I have texted on it, and I love it!!  It puts it chat form so If you forget what you asked, all you need to do is look back!No video :0(....  The 1.3 camera is not that different from the 2 megapixels of my Rockr.  Lots of choices for photos like b&w, sepia, turquiose, (no zoom!) rotation for awkward photos.  Well... you can zoom AFTER the pic has been taken. I am with alltel so I only have to put up with it for a year... :0)Over all an ok phone with some minor glitches.Nice and sleek looking though.

Pros

• Keyboard is nice! A fun phone with lots of ways to personalize details.

Cons

• REALLY SLOW when acessing my pictures and stuff. Wallpaper quality is slightly grainy. AWFUL ringtones!

Joy
posted on 23 Oct 2009, 15:41

Great Phone for Young People

This phone is small, or medium-size. I would recommend it to younger people, like 18 or younger. The keyboard is easy to use if you have small fingers like me. It has long battery life and it comes in two colors. I have the black and orange one. There is also a red one. It is a very cool phone that I love!!! Deffinetly a phone you should consider.

Pros

• It is fun and funtional: keyboard is small, and the phone is pocket size, perfect for me. The colors are great, and it has long battery life. Lots of ways to customize it to make it your own.

Cons

• No video. The keyboard, and phone itself is small if you have big fingers.

posted on 11 Oct 2009, 15:21

Good phone I guess

I had the Samsung Glyde before this, so pretty much any phone would be better, except it doesn't record, and I love taking videos and pictures, so that was a downer for me, I also had trouble that a friends sent me a picutre and when i tried to save it the phone completley froze on me, i didnt like hte keyboard to much because it was big i had the glyde and could text without looking, this I couldnt. So I had learned how to text T9 style again, I returned it and go the Samsung Alias 2 which I like alot better, This was an ok phone tho

Pros

• keyboard and T9 style like the rumor or rant ect.
  • good texting capabilities

Cons

• froze on me alot
  • No video
  • feels cheap like if dropped it would shatter into billion pieces

Bruce
posted on 04 Oct 2009, 13:51

A "Must Get Phone"

I am definitely to get this phone. I have the env 2 so this phone is perfect for me because it is the sliding version of mine. It is definitely going to be my choice next to the env 3 or touch. I would buy this phone in a heart beat. The way to improve this phone is to add some touch pads or a full touch screen instead of a 9 digit keypad. I do not get why the flamingo red intensity is free and the slate one is 29.99. This is the best phone i would say for 18 and under users and people with small fingers. When my env brakes i will get this one in the slate black. The 1.3 Megapixel camera kind of gets me down but i do not take many pictures. I mostly text so i just need a 9 digit keypad for word or a qwerty keyboard on a phone. If it is not fast i will take that phone back if i do not feel it is a fast phone.

Pros

• All

adamo9022
posted on 01 Oct 2009, 17:13

great phone

i just got this phone a few days ago and its a very versatile phone. its nice and small and really easy to text on. the qwerty keyboard is great and the keys are nicely spaced and easy to hit. all in all its a great phone. one thing though is that the themes are very limited 3 themes are all you get. my favorite is white. but a little more selection would be great. still that wont change my review on the phone though.

InsaneGU4RDI4N
posted on 30 Sep 2009, 14:02

Samsung Intensity is Awesome!

The Samsung Intensity is a great phone, from what I have experienced so far. It has some really cool features. I like the themes and all the ringtones. It is very easy to use and comfortable to hold. Its Qwerty k-pad works really well, although in my oppinion a little small. That doesn't downgrade my rating for the phone a bit because I don't accidently text messages with mispelled words. I can still type with it and it works perfectly. Its price is excellent as well. I think it is one of the best cell phones I have had.

Pros

• Works efficiently and gets everything on my to-do-list done with ease.

Cons

• Qwerty k-pad is a little small.

Cody
posted on 13 Sep 2009, 07:15

great phone

i just got this phone and let me tell you its perfect, it doesnt feel cheap, yet its fits great in your hand, the keyboard is spacious, and overall the features are great...

Pros

• everthing

speedydank
posted on 08 Sep 2009, 16:21 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)

First Day

I just got the Intensity and so far its amazing.  the keyboard is amazing and very quick.  it has a double lock feature which prevents pocket dialing.  The design is great and fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. I love it.

Pros

• EVERYTHING