Samsung Intensity II User Reviews

UI speed5.4/10
Camera4.9/10
Multimedia5.2/10

traumingelb
posted on 05 Aug 2014, 16:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)

Good if you just need a basic phone.

traumingelb has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this in 2010, back when this phone was in its heyday. Even so, I'd probably still tell someone to get this phone if they wanted something cheap and basic now if I could. The bright blue exterior makes it easy to spot (unlike the bland blacks, whites, and silvers), the camera is decent, and if I could, I would still use that wonderful little keyboard. Calls sound good enough, texts come quickly, and the "Social Beat" app that came with it works well enough that it can be useable. (There's also a mobile internet app if you don't feel like using Social Beat for your internet needs.) There are also a few emoticons that come with the phone that were adorable.
The internal storage leaves a lot to be desired--I remember I could only save about 20 or so pictures--but that is easily solvable by using an SD card. Unlike smartphones, this phone makes it VERY easy to transfer things from the internal storage to an SD card (and vice versa).
The battery life was also decent--I don't know if it was a universal thing or just me, but I actually wound up having to replace my battery after a year of having the phone. That could have just been the certain battery that came with my phone, though.
Also, it handled drops very well--I was a very clumsy person back when I had this phone, and there were no scratches, dents, or cracks despite dropping it numerous times. The only thing that ever happened was that my battery fell out of place, which caused a few issues with powering down, but that was...

Build quality 10/10 Small yet easy to spot from a distance and good at resisting drops.
Reception 7/10 Reception was usually great, and only occasionally spotty, mostly in extremely rural areas.
Call quality 7/10 Once again, the call quality was great, just spotty in certain rural areas.
Internet 5/10 Access is normally stable, but the apps used to do so can be slow and always leave a lot to be desired.
Multimedia 3/10 No video qualities--camera quality is decent. Microphone is good most of the time as well.
Camera 5/10 Takes decent pictures, but nothing you'd see in some sort of photo gallery.
UI speed 6/10 Normally fast, but can occasionally get laggy (mostly when a lot of messages/calls are going in and out).
Everyday usage 10/10 Great at what it's supposed to be great at--texts well and calls well.
Text input 9/10 The keyboard is to DIE FOR. It was a little laggy at times, either when typing very quickly or when the phone was trying to do something else.
Display 7/10 Good for the kind of phone that it is--also good because the display can be tweaked, letting you have larger-print text or different fonts if needed.
Battery 6/10 Normally lasted a day (maybe a day and a half)--had to be replaced halfway through having it.

Katd1234
posted on 01 Jan 2014, 13:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)

Used it for a little while

Katd1234 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

My mom got this phone maybe 2 years ago and it still works really well. The bright blue does stand out haha. I have used this phone randomly throughout the years for certain periods of time and I say it's a good phone. The texting works great,the camera is decent, and the keyboard is awesome. I personally have used a bunch of different phones now and I don't know what other people are talking about because "basic" phones are awesome, love 'em. I hate how the market is doing away with them. Also, I haven't used the internet on it so I'll just put a 10.

Kymazen
posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)

This would be your worst choice for a phone right now

Kymazen has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone isn't new or even close to future proof. If you are looking for a cheap phone that will last two years this still shouldn't be on your list because of where the phone market is going. Basic phones are quickly getting ousted from the mobile world for the simple reason that they can't do what people want their phones to be able to do and do it quickly. I have had this phone for a little more than a year and I am going to get out from under its under functionality as soon as it come time to upgrade. DO NOT BUY IT NOW!!!

Pros

• cheap

Cons

• poor apps
  • slow system (lags)
  • bulky and unattractive design

j_Osornio
posted on 20 Jan 2012, 08:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)

Its okay (Pre-Paid)

j_Osornio has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got this phone for pre-paid. It was not the best phone but it is okay for right now. It was cheap so you get what you pay for. It would be a good phone for your first, it is easy to use. I did not like the camera; the internet on the phone is not the best. I like the keyboard it is easy to use . I would recommend this phone for people that are new to keyboard and if you need a quick cheap phone

Pros

• keyboard
  • multimedia

samiann509
posted on 05 Jan 2012, 00:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)

Good phone for awhile but now I hate it

samiann509 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

At first this phone wasn't too bad but i have had it for just a little over a year now and i hate it. It started shutting off randomly, it wouldn't send texts unless i restarted the phone, it freezes. Just recently i dropped it like 6 inches and on carpet no less and one of the hinges that helps it slide came lose. So then i couldn't slide the phone shut or it would get stuck then i finally removed the hinge altogether. plus this phone has mistaken identity. i often get texts from people and open the text to only realize its not from the person it said it was. The battery life is horrible on this phone. and now the center button on the front of the phone is starting to lag and it takes several times to click it to make it work. The whole phone is starting to lag. it takes it a bit to even open a text and send one. Half my texts don't even go trough. I do not like this phone and i would recommend it to no one. I had an env2 before this phone and i wish i had it back.

Pros

• can show text conversations not just all texts together
  • small easy design
  • love the keyboard
  • call reception was good
  • cool that the camera has night vision
  • you can personalize it pretty well

Cons

• Shuts off randomly
  • takes forvever to text
  • mistaken idenity
  • horrible memory
  • bad battery life
  • glitchy and it lags a lot
  • bad camera quality
  • pretty much everything

dramaqueen
posted on 27 Oct 2011, 20:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)

Good Phone

dramaqueen has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone as a first basic phone and i love it. The texting is slow if you keep your messages so delete them often. The battery lasts a long time if you are a frequent texter. I would definately reccomend this phone to anyone looking for a good basic phone.

Pros

• long battery life
  • good call reception and quality
  • loud ringer

Cons

• slow when messages are full

Rose
posted on 14 Aug 2011, 22:11

HATE IT!

Rose has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this as my first phone for Christmas and it is crap! The ribbon the connects my screen and the keyboard broke once, now this phone is having some serious glitches and I"m sick of it! It is a horrible glitchy fragile phone. NEVER GET IT! AND it's so common for a first phone because it's cheap

Pros

Cons

• Glitchy
  • Butt Dials
  • Dies to quickly
  • Glitches

Pat
posted on 07 Aug 2011, 17:25

Never get this phone

Pat has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Seriously never get this phone. spastically turns on/off, and it is really touchy and freezes up. bad call quality, and it lags while texting. nice keyboard tho. it is just straight up unpredictable and unreliable. if you love someone, make sure they dont get it.

Pros

• not many

Cons

• EVERYTHING

ethantheethnomusicologist
posted on 06 Aug 2011, 13:22

This phone will kill you!

ethantheethnomusicologist has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got this to replace a dead phone and I found that it not only turns on and off unpredictably and for no reason, it freezes frequently, has many 411 issues, and is a terrible. The camera is lagging too. I do not recommend this phone to anyone or your dog!

Pros

• Good Battery Life

Cons

• Slow
  • Butt dialing
  • Glitchy
  • Glitchy
  • Glitchy
  • Glitchy

Zimmerman
posted on 25 May 2011, 15:11

Hate it

Zimmerman has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I went from the LG Chocolate to this phone. I enjoy the QWERTY keyboard and it is easy to text on however, EVERYONE I call has trouble hearing me because the mouthpiece is so far away. I have to put it to my ear then talk into it which is irritating as heck. I hate the way the icons are and the back button. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. I have ordered a new phone and I'll be more than happy to junk or donate this one.

Pros

Cons

• No one can hear you!

Jackson Freeman
posted on 01 Apr 2011, 08:38

GREAT!!!

Jackson Freeman has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

All around great phone definitely should buy! It has great all around usage, i use it every day. I'm not too much of an internet person but for texting and calling it is great! It is also amazing because no data plan is needed. It is a great phone for people like me.

Pros

Cons

• nothing

nlafalce
posted on 11 Feb 2011, 12:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Feb 2011)

Hate it!

nlafalce has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I ordered this phone online as an upgrade because I don't want to pay for a data pkg when I have a work cell that has all of that. This phone was recommended by a Verizon tech I was talking to about the issue with my old phone. I hate this phone and would love nothing more than to switch it out but now I'm just a couple of days over the return date. The phone has a delayed reaction when you hit a key when trying to text or when you slect a menu option etc. The speaker phone is absolutely horrible! the battery life is ok. The phone is weird, almost "slippery" for the lack of a better word... it is constantly slipping out of my hands and I also purchased this phone for a 2nd line on my acct and that person has all of the same complaints! Bottom line, IT SUCKS and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! ALSO, every time I try to lower the volume w/the button on the side, some other function is activated because on the opposite side of the phone there is anothe button and activates "nuance"

Pros

• ok battery life

Cons

• poor design, delayed reaction when hitting keys, horrible speaker phone

ashley
posted on 27 Nov 2010, 21:09

samsung intensity 2 - review

ashley has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i really love this phone! its basically everything i need. and i have this phone for about a month. the thing i dont like about it is that it has very little memory in it.and im like a person that likes to download stuff like music, ringtones, etc. but out of all its a very good phone for ppl who texts alot and for beginners.

Pros

• - great design
  • -easy to use
  • -texting keyboard is good
  • -has a music player and plays very loud

Cons

• -very little memory

donna
posted on 19 Sep 2010, 00:33

phone

this phone would be great is if it  had a front flip cover the keys are way too touchy , in pocket or in purse it clicks on and off  or dials ,,  wat to touchy and yes you can lock the key pad ,but who wants to do that everytime ?

Pros

• easy to use

Cons

• keys on front are way to touchy

Cheryl
posted on 08 Sep 2010, 14:46

My husband and I just got this phone 6 days ago after 3 1/2 years with a Samsung flip phone.  The phone is just ok, but we are totally upset/disappointed in the screen!   On the second day of use, my husband's screen got a black 'blob' on it - it was just in his pocket!   Note - we have both had cell phones since they were introduced in the early 1990's and never had any problem with one before!  This is not even 'ordinary wear and tear'!  Just went to the Verizon store and told nothing can be done except we can buy a new phone for $299.  There is a screen repair guy (we know why they need one!) that charges $98 for repair, and said the black marks that appeared on the screen will only get worse.  This is ridiculous and now we are stuck with it for 2 years or else buy another phone outright!  and just signed up for 2 more years on contract!  BAD BAD Verizon - if this screen is so fragile, which the rep now says it is, we should have been told that upfront! Also, the camera button is at a terrible place that goes off when you are holding phone!

Pros

• multiple features
  • extra keyboard

Cons

• FRAGILE screen ruined in everyday wear
  • camera button placement poor
  • heavy

John Squire
posted on 07 Sep 2010, 13:37

Samsung Intensity II Review

I just purchased this phone for my wife on the 1st of September. She wanted a basic good phone. Previously she had LG Enve 3 which was an overkill for her. The Samsung was very easy to set up. The phone quality is exceptionally good. As stated by previous reviiewer, It has a solid feel. The calculator function has more capabilities than my Blackberry Tour such as unit conversions. Overall, We are very happy with phonbe.

Pros

• Ease of setup and phone reception quality

Cons

• Better quality camera but adequate for entry level phone

Kyle
posted on 05 Aug 2010, 20:02

Intensity 2 Review

So I just received my Intensity 2 yesterday and I love it so far. It is a great qwerty keyboard phone, the best choice if you don't want the ridiculous data plan. I text and I talk, that's it. Here are some main points that I like about the phone and that I wanted to know before i bought it:Keyboard:- 1-0 number keys have their own keys, not a function or a shift special combination to get them-arrow keys and the "ok" button are not letters, they are their own keys. The first Intensity did not feature this, so when you wanted to scroll through your contacts or current text message you were typing when in landscape mode, you couldn't because the arrow keys were letters and it would begin typing instead. -When at the main screen of the phone (desktop...or whatever) if you slide it open and start typing a name it begins in your contact list. So if i want to quickly text John, I just start typing John on my phone and then i can select new text message. Great featureCamera-no flash...which is lame...and low mega pixel...but it works fairly well. -night vision. yes. seriously. look on the back and you'll notice a black spot above the speaker. This is an IR (infrared) LED, can be found in the front of any tv remote, etc. I won't go into details on how it works, but you turn on night vision, the camera shoots in black and white, and it has fairly decent night vision for a phone! About 7 feet is the max effective range of the IR LED i would say. Now don't get confused, the IR LED does...

Pros

• -Solid phone
  • -great keyboard layout, the best I've ever seen so far
  • -the blue is really awesome
  • -night vision is fun to dork around with
  • -inbox is organized by contact, so when you go into inbox, you will see only "conversations" not every text you ever texted. you then select a convo, and it displays all the sent and received texts between you and that contact, similar to an iphone/blackberry

Cons

• -GUI is a little slower than my last phone but its not that bad. Maybe I just select options fast