Samsung Instinct User Reviews

RAY
posted on 23 Jul 2008, 13:02

Shocked!!!

im really shocked w the internet speed and the browser. its the best internet i had and seen on a phone. its fast quick and easy to use.

reza
posted on 22 Jul 2008, 15:17

best best best best touch screen phone

this phone is the best phone in compare of any other provider and network. i swiched my lines from verizon to sprint and i had AT&T befor. not w this phone i get reception everywhere and i can use all of my services everywhere. i couldnt use vcast, navigation and tv with verizon in my area and at&t had lots of drop calls. totally happy w the phone and even more with sprints awesome network. thanks to samsung and thanks to sprint. get more cool phones though please so i can have my whole family bring their services over.

nino
posted on 11 Jul 2008, 19:02

eh

the camera has no zoom or flash
the battery cover is a pain to get off
texting is not meant for people who text alot
no hole for stylus

visual voicemail

Jon
posted on 11 Jul 2008, 08:05

The Deal

I've had the phone for about 3 weeks now. Its fast and looks good in public. It is not perfect. Like speaker phone. how on earth do you turn it on? Sound quality is lacking. Phone locks up at the most worst time, like when your boss is using it....

Justin
posted on 11 Jul 2008, 03:13

5.6

About the instinct all the stuff you need to know.

I've had this phone for 12 days now.

I live in San Jose CA, the signal here is pretty strong most of the time

Lets get to the reviewing

E-Mail.

It's great if your a person who likes to check mail on the go its very hard to write out an email on this thing without using the stylus another thing, why include a stylus in the package if there is no where for it to be held.

Texting.

Texting on this phone is horrible.. if your just using hands you have to be precise or have little fingers the back space key should be alone its next to the key that makes the on-screen keyboard drop down, the keyboard is way to small it should be improved with-in some updates (cross your fingers)

Voicemail.

I haven't really got a chance to use the voicemail function although i'm sure its just normal voicemail..

Navigation.

This is the cool thing about this phone it has a GPS built into it! but guess what most of the time you use it its gonna tell you to take a long route to somewhere, the list of places needs to be updated there is a whole foods near a college called de anza its closed.. but the phone tries to take you there anyways luckily before you get to that whole foods you can see the new one that opened across the street, anyways the GPS is accurate about 75-80% of the time

Calculator.

There is a lot of cool stuff in here feet,distance,temps, tip calc.. i like it its a lot of stuff

Notes.

Haven't really used it that much although you have to use that horrid on screen keyboard..

Calendar.

The...

Mark B.
posted on 02 Jul 2008, 22:09

Great Phone. Wish it was on a better network with better signal strength.

I recently purchased an LG Dare from Verizon and this Instinct to test them at the same time under both carriers worry free return policy. I really did love the Instinct. The Sprint Network, not as much. lol The Sprint Instinct has everything the Iphone should have but didn't, everything you want in a phone, and more. The Hotmail access, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Amazing Touch pad response, sound quality people raved about how well they could hear me. The Sprint netowrk for speed was fantastic, reliability, where it worked, wonderful. All the features of the Sprint phone absolutely amazing. The camera was nice, no complaints at all. I wish you could choose the orientation for texting and typing for all applications instead of the phone choosing for you though, that is a bit irrtating. The spell check is nice, but a bit annoying when texting, so I choose to turn it off as it doesn't recognize any lingo normally used in texting. So onto theLG DARE. I was excited about the Dare mainly because it's Verizon. The Network is so superior I was hoping this would be their closest thing to an Iphone or fully functional, and useable touch device. Unfortunately, they have fell short. The phone feature on this phone is fantastic. The call quality while good, is not as clear or crsip as Sprints people would notice while talking to me. The dialing on the touch pad was easier and a little more responsive than the insticnt, but not enough for me to dislike the instinct or complain. It was a truly good...

deb
posted on 29 Jun 2008, 18:59

I loved it until........

I really like the phone overall. It definitely keeps me entertained. So far some of my favorites features are: gps (w/voice recognition), being able to pick what order you wish to listen to in voicemail. easy disposal of items in waste bin, very user friendly, being able to set up my faves page, there's more but that's what stands out right now (I've only had the phone for 3 days).
BUT...............
The major draw back (that makes me consider going back to my treo) is the calender. Here's why: I can't scedual more than 2-3 wks of appointments (it gets full). There's no day, week, month options. You have to create time slots, no repeat (i'm an acupuncturist, I had to hand imput every single day, just to find out I was full after 2 wks). It takes like 5-6 button to input one name( and i'm not talking about the letters used to input the title/name of appointment). Everytime you have to cancel the alarm option (my phone would be going off needlessly 8-10 times a day). The time is not already on a hourly default, so one always has to scrowl down the hrs and the mins, and when your done with that don't forget to do the same with the end time. Unless, you only have a few appointments a month the whole program is utterly useless. I would gladly download something, pay extra to have that one so very important piece that steals my peace of mind and functionality of the phone.
My only other disappointment (which I could easily live with) is that I think the resolution should/could...

Lynford Donivan
posted on 28 Jun 2008, 07:35

Phone Owner

Got two of them Last Friday used a week and GREAT PHONE. The only thing the web brouser need replaced. The one in the phone is Bad!
Also I'v had a problem with extension numbers. Entering the phone numbers to the contact list will not allow you to add T for shot pause
but will allow you to add a P for long pause. Should allow you to add
letters from keyboard not only number pad.
Home run for SPRINT!. Sprint always had the best service in the Seattle area. Mow we have a cool phone that works with it.

Ashley
posted on 24 Jun 2008, 21:29

WOW!!!!

I love this phone, the touch screen is so smooth and easy. Hands down the best phone Sprint has ever had.

posted on 22 Jun 2008, 22:06

OMG I LOVE IT -- IT SO BETTER THEN MY OLD AND NEW IPHONEs (yes you read that right!) TILL HELL W/ATT!

maxiee
posted on 22 Jun 2008, 12:16

AMAZING!!

This phone is amazing!! I work for sprint and I got it a week before it came out. First I thought the phone was all bugged since not a single web feature worked. Than Management came and he told me web services were off until the 20th so I was relieved. Phone works great speed is amazing. I read someone had slow bluetooth transfer? Mine transfered extremely fast I transfered all my phone book 200+ numbers within a minute which I was suprised... Navigation actually works 10 times faster than the $500 GPS I bought for my dad.. Cant complain on this phone.

Price is definately amazing very affordable and great.
I believe this is a definate Iphone killer because my friend she was playing with my phone and took her only 10 mins to tell me I can keep her Iphone, which I have no use for. So yea this phone is definately a great investment!! MUST GET!! two thumbs up.

coolc
posted on 22 Jun 2008, 03:03

cool

Well basic too say is a very good phone for working people not for teenagers,Its gprs and all coverd,is really a job phone

samyingying
posted on 21 Jun 2008, 18:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jun 2008)

3.8

Problem with the back cover.

Josue
posted on 21 Jun 2008, 16:49

THE BEST PHONE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BEST Ive seen in a while , I work at an Indirect store and I would hands down recommend this phone to people!! The phone is user friendly and very intuitive. All the features are fast and smooth, and the touch screen technology is amazing, better than the i phone because the i phone works with heat sensative and thats horrible = ( ...The Instinct web browser is much faster. Can take video, Listen to the radio and live TV. The Instinct has push button voice activation for turn by turn GPS directions for any service availible. Longer battery life, weights lighter and has more memory then the I Phone. The Instinct has voice dialing and memory card slot, not the I Phone.. Sorry, but this is a Phone Killer
one of the other best things about it the texting is greater than what i espected its damn well acurate on point and easy to use = )for heavy texters nice !!!!!!This phone ROCKS!!
AND this comes from i guy who had the i phone for a while belive me its the Instinct is the bes of its kind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerome BG
posted on 21 Jun 2008, 09:46

Bestest New Toy I Got In a While

Design: A better anti-glare screen would have rocked but its big with lots of colors so I can't complian ...much

Features: The phone has damn near everything, I think you can pop popcorn on it too ...just gotta find the settings for that

Sound: Loud! Clear. Good Bass.
Both voice calls and music come through great, A little distortion at the lower bass frequencies, but as good as most mp3 players out there

Signal: Haven't had a problem or dropped cal (only used it for a day), but its as good as any other sprint phone I've had. Which, has anyways been great for me ...guess it depends on where you live.

Value: Are you kidding me ...you can't get a decent mp3 player for $130, and a phone with anywhere near as many features for less than $200 HA.

So ...this thing is almost too good to be true, and yet I have one on my desk right now. It's not perfect, it freezes from time to time and the touch and slide interface doesn't always do what I want, but its a first generation. And, from the rest of this review you can tell it takes NOTHING away from the experience.

The Good:
-Has everything!
-Cheap! (I got the everything plan with 450 minutes for $70 ...I rarely go over 300 so the plans are easy on the pocket too)
-Durable! (I dropped it twice yesterday), no visible dents or scratches
-MicroSD!! (you can replace the INCLUDE, very nice) 2GB with an 8GB if you like)
-Touch Screen!!!

The Not So Great:
-Slow file transfers over bluetooth (I just plug the SD card in my comp ...light years...

reglvr
posted on 21 Jun 2008, 09:16

its still the best.ive been playin wit the phone all night and still havent found anything i dont like

Anubis13
posted on 21 Jun 2008, 01:58

Nice!

So I've had the instinct for about 48 hrs as of this posting and aside from a few drawbacks it's amazing.

The best feature is the price and options. 3.5mm audio jack, removable battery, upgradable memory ect.
the calls, text, visual voicemail, camera, camcorder and applications are the best I've seen on any phone.

The live search and GPS navigation paired together are worth the $129.00 price tag alone.

The interface is simple and intuitive, almost playful.

once you pick up an iphone again you will understand how cool haptic feedback is.

The internet browser is super fast and easy to use.

Conectivity to the PC is very easy and file transfers are as easy as using a thumb drive.

Drawbacks:
It's easy to see why Sprint threw in an extra battery, you will need it. GPS will drain a fully charged battery in less than an hour. Video or web browsing in about 2hrs.

Browsing the web: most video and audio embedded in HTML sites will not play back. YouTube is an exception.

Like the iphone you cannot cut and paste text.

Some features promised before release are not included: voice recording, zoom and flash on the camera.

mp3s on the phone cannot be used as ringtones, a feature that was disappointingly missing, the $99.00 Palm Centro does it.

Any URL or phone number in a text or email cannot be used to directly connect to it. (the live search or browser works so good it can be worked around)

the included earbud headphones stink. the microphone is located on the right side ear...

Joey
posted on 20 Jun 2008, 23:31

Great PHONE!!!!

Ok its a great phone i have been with sprint for 4 years and waited for this phone i was the first person to get in my town and i have to say i am very impress with everything on it, but i do have to say the sound quality isnt the best i mean for calls its great but like listening to music no i mean if that is something you like i mean its okay but not the greatest i wish it would be better but oh well everyhing else is great on it the touch and everyhing is awesome to i knew how to use this phone once i got it so i was happy i also love the fact it was 129.99 i mean thats better than most phones out there and epecially better than the Iphone hate Apple but ya.

reglvr
posted on 20 Jun 2008, 19:21

wwwwooowww

wwwwoooowww!!!!!I've been watching the phonedog reviews at phonedog.com about the instinct.noah,the phonedog,has been saying that the instinct phone is not as fast as the iphone.and that the multimedi capabilities are not as good as the iphone's either.I bought this phone to see for myself.ITS FRICIN AWESOME!!THE FEATURES ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THEY SAID.ITHINK THEY ADDED SOME FEATURES TOO.I THINK THEY ADDED JAVA CAPABILITY!!!THIS PHONE IS THE BEST

brian
posted on 20 Jun 2008, 18:50

the best phone ever

this is the best phone i have ever own. it is so fast and the camera works so good. the favirtes meun is great. this is the best and fastest phone ever.

VZW_fan
posted on 20 Jun 2008, 16:05

I love verizon....but I must say.... 2 thumbs up on this phone. It's really the iphone killer, because i had an iphone and apple's software just is crazy! you have to update it, and restore it, but the instinct is normal. I love the layout, and the send end and clear buttons that the iphone doesnt have. if you're looking for a phone well under $150....guess what? this phone is just $129.99! the iphone 3g is $199-$299, and it's worse than the $399 and $499 versions.