Samsung Impression User Reviews

Internet5.5/10
Call quality6.3/10
Display5.8/10

rejoicefulone
posted on 18 May 2011, 15:00 (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)

Samsung left me a lasting Impression!

rejoicefulone has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has been one of my most reliabe phones to date. This phone was my first step towards the smartphone world. I went from a basic Nokia flip phone to the Samsung Impresion. The is a great messaging device which has a full QWERTY keyboard which I loved. It was very comfortable in my hand. The display was large enough, just was missing out on quality. Display seemed blurry at times. The phone had great battery life which left me recharging every other day. Not bad!

Reception 8/10 Reception was poor, but would have to contribute this to the lack of coverage in my area.
Call quality 8/10 Call quality was poor, but would have to contribute this to the poor reception I have.
Camera 7/10 Photos seemed blurry

• Text Ability
  • Build

• Reception

phonelover123
posted on 30 Jan 2011, 12:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jan 2011)

Good alternative to smartphone

phonelover123 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had this phone for more that a year. Its been good. The reception is great compared to my moms phone (on sprint). Yes there are a few software bugs but every phone has some. The call quality is good, sometimes it is a little bad but it is not too often.

Pros

• Ease of use
  • Texting
  • Reception
  • Features

Cons

• Durability
  • Software bugs

Fatima
posted on 18 Jan 2011, 01:13

It Is terrible.

Fatima has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this phone October of '09 and first I loved it. Until I had some little water damage from the rain. Once that happened my keyboard had some malfunctions; it had major sticky keys. For a while that was the only problem but it was fine because the touch screen was perfect. Then at random times the screen turns pink and freezes. I have to restart it and then it works fine. And at times I'm not able to send my text messages and I get frustrated and restart the phone , when I restart it , it notifies me that I have 12 unread messages. Plus after you restart or start the phone it takes foreeeeeeeeever to open the inbox. and then just recently the buttons don't work temporarily until it works but I swear one of these days it will just black out completely and never turn back on. I DEFINETLY DO NOT RECOMMEND this shitty phone.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Good Touch Screen
  • Good Music Player

Cons

• Sticky Keys
  • Freezes
  • Won't send/receive texts
  • Inbox
  • Camara Zoom sucks

Me
posted on 15 Dec 2010, 13:25

This phone sucks

Me has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone thinking it was my dream phone. Well I havent had it a year and it freezes,wont let me send texts, the buttons dont work well, phone randomly goes blank. And now it wont even let me call or get calls. I work green horses so I must be able to get in contact with people. This is not the phone to have!!

Multimedia 1/10 It never works

Pros

• Its a nice looking phone.
  • it feels nice in your hand
  • Camera is amazing

Cons

• texting sucks
  • freezes and goes blank randomly
  • keyboard is slow
  • widgets are stupid on it
  • even when you turn the volume off, it still rings and I work GREEN HORSES
  • the buttons dont work well on the front
  • The phone sucks
  • cant see the screen

Frogger
posted on 10 Sep 2010, 18:03

Awesome fone

This phone is awesome. I dont know why all that stuff happened to sum of ur fones cuz nun of its happened to mine. Its a really good fone. the only problem i had is that i had 2 turn it off and back on every once in a while of txting. other than that its a beast fone. u shud get it

Pros

• Awsum
  • feels good in hand
  • great camera
  • great contact formats
  • BEAST FONE PERIOD!

Cons

• it has to be turned on and back on every once in a while

Alyssa
posted on 27 Jul 2010, 22:03

Good for about 4 months

I have gone through 2 of these phones in 8 months; I am expecting to receive an LG Vu Plus tomorrow as a replacement for the second phone. I love the extent of the photo editing and the amount of storage space, and the mp3 player  was marvelous. Unfortunately, the touch screen, which I also loved, lasted for 4 months before it started to malfunction. In the first phone, it responded to pressure, but instead of opening what I selected, it opened whatever was at the topmost portion of the screen, by the AT&T logo directly above/ to the left of where I touched, I took it to the service center after three days of this and had it replaced. In the second phone, it started having the same problem as the first, but then ceased responding at all to touch. And then it began to fluctuate between working properly, displacing the function selection, and not responding. Both phones also needed to be periodically restarted, or else text messages wouldn't send. The Samsung PC Studio never worked either.

Pros

• Photo editing
  • QWERTY keyboard and handwriting function for texting
  • Good picture quality
  • MP3 player

Cons

• Needs frequent restarting to send text messages
  • Touch screen lasts about 4 months before malfunctioning

Amber0324
posted on 24 Jul 2010, 14:52

Worst phone ever!!

I got it for my birthday a year ago nd i hate it. Sometimes it won't let you send messages so u have to turn the phone off nd back on. This is so inconvenient. Also about three months after use the touchscreen stop working properly. U couldn't directly press the buttons. I had a blackjack 2 before this phone nd i rather use it than this. I text a lot nd use my phone heavily.This phone is just no good. My sister has it too nd hates it also

Pros

• Touchscreen, Keyboard is good for fast texting.

Cons

• Won't send messages, not for long term use

PN
posted on 20 Jul 2010, 20:44

I am happy with this phone.  My daughter loved the phone when we saw it in the store and convinced me to get one too.  I got the phone because the keypad keys were larger than others.

So we have owned two Samsung Impressions in the family for a year now and they have worked fine.  I am a light user (very light) while my daughter uses it quite a lot (voice and text).  I get almost a week's usage on each charge - that's great.  Never had any freezes or lockups, or need to reboot or cycle power.

The display is crisp and bright, but not bright enough to use in direct sunlight.  Possibly the protective plastic I left on diminishes the usability, but I am able to see the display clearly and operate the touch screen fine with it.  The plastic helps protect it from keys and other hard/sharp objects in my pocket.  I recommend using a hard protective case you can purchase online.  The soft silicone one did not work as well.

Oh, two other phones in the family cell phones used in the family are also Samsung - one is a Propel and the other is a simple clamshell - all four phones are working great for one year.  All of us have been lucky (or careful) so none of us has had any phones get damaged.  The older daughter dropped her previous phone in the toilet, but seems to be wiser now.

My Samsung microwave oven has been working for 25 years now, with only bulb replacement once or twice, and a fuse replaced once.  I'd say I'm...

Pros

• Battery capacity - about 1 week with light use.
  • Signal strength at my workplace - AT&T works, most other networks don't.
  • Display is bright and clear.
  • Speakerphone works well.

Cons

• Display not bright enough to use in direct sunlight, but can get by if you shade it with your body.

PududsPower
posted on 07 Jul 2010, 21:12

bad impression

i hate it igot this phone around thanksgivin and by christmas it stated messin up yesterday i went to att and got another impression and it already has started messin up when it loses a bar of badery it wont let u go to ur contacts

Pros

• it looks cool big keys for textin

Cons

• freezes up no badery life slow textin almost everything else about this fone

Liz
posted on 23 Jun 2010, 23:43

2.7

This phone is awful

Just got the Samsung Impression 5 days ago.The touch screen doesn't respond to my touch. I brought it to the store where it worked fine for the salesman (who owned an Impression), but when he handed it back to me I couldn't make the touch screen work. He couldn't figure it out either.  I was offered another touch screen phone, but don't want to take the chance. The touch screen on my iPod works great, so I think I'll get an iPhone. Even the older model iPhone will be better than the Impression..Also the battery life on stand by is supposed to be pretty good. I hardly use my phone, but had a dead battery the 2nd day after charging it all night. The phone was off all the next night, but when I turned it on it said "low battery", then shut itself off.Useless.

Pros

• Feels good in hand
  • Great camera
  • Nice looking phone
  • Bright screen

Cons

• Touch screen problems
  • Short battery life
  • Can't save changes when editing pictures
  • Annoying widgets can't be deleted
  • Randomly resets wallpaper

linnea
posted on 18 Jun 2010, 21:59

This phone SUCKS

The first day I got this phone it would stop sending texts so I would have to turn it off and turn in back on again. It happened about once a week, then after a while it started getting worse where I would click the menu button and the menu wouldn't show up it would just be black. I couldn't do anything on the phone unless I turned it off and on again. And it started to happen three to five times a day. So we called in and I got a new one but the same thing happened, but this time it was worse because my internet started to not work. And when ever I tried to watch Youtube videos it would make this super loud sound that sounded like I was shaking a tin can with rocks in it. So we went into the At and T store and they gave me a new sim card, which didn't help either. So my dad called again this evening hoping that they would send me a totally different phone but they said that I have to go through three in order to get an entirely new phone. I hate it because I know the third one won't work either so it's just more of a hassle. I'm telling everyone to STAY AWAY FROM THIS PHONE!!!!!

Pros

• touch screen works well for me
  • big key board

Cons

• freezes up
  • won't send txts
  • internet is either super slow or doesn't work at all
  • the txting is delayed
  • big and bulky
  • screen gets scratches a lot (yes i know it happens with any phone too)
  • DONT GET THIS PHONEEE!!!!!!

happyfinished702
posted on 16 Jun 2010, 11:51

I have had my Samsung Impression since March. I absolutely love it. The slider keyboard's great for typing text messages... and the touch screen is super.
I haven't had any major technical problems since I have had it.  I only wish it held more text messages.

Alexander AT&T Rep
posted on 02 Jun 2010, 14:52

Not worth it.

I've worked for an AT&T retailer for about a year now and have had nothing but problems with this phone. On average we see about 1 warranty claim a day for this phone. Upon first purchase of this device consumers experience almost no problems but after a few weeks of use the phone requires constant maintence. Failure to send text messages, freezing touch screen, network connection issues, etc. This phone is a great design and has an awesome keyboard but is not worth it.

Pros

• Well laid out keyboard
  • Decent battery life
  • Strong camera

Cons

• Touch screen outage
  • Message send faliure
  • Constant removal of battery

oh snap
posted on 07 May 2010, 14:28

Sucky phone!

This phone is a horrible phone. You have to constantly turn it off cuz it won't send messages. The touch screen is horrilbe also. If I'd click to go to messaging I'd go to my stuff!!! I hate this phone!!! The phone is way to big! Everything about this phone is stupid.You should not get this phone.

Pros

• large keys

Cons

• horrible touch screen
  • have to always turn it off
  • too big

posted on 25 Apr 2010, 14:51

I got this phone and absolutely love it! The vibrance of the screen is crystal sharp clarity, it has a nice feel in your hands.I had an LG Xenon and it is better in some regards to the Xenon, although it is a little harder to text on this one. The aps are okay, but if you want a lot of them to play with, don't get this phone. The only drawback is the way the text is layed out, you dont see one steady flow of 'conversation', but rather have an inbox, outbox and can be hard to follow a convo if you're not paying attention. I do like how the contacts are all together and you can add pretty much any and everything from name, birthday, special ring, photo and more to the contact information. The battery life is a little shorter than I would like, but that's why I have a charger and backup - just in case.Overall I am happy with the phone and would recommend

• Easy to find contacts
  • Durable

Cons

• Keyboard not as responsive as I would like
  • Battery goes down quite rapidly

posted on 16 Apr 2010, 19:45

this phone sucks
it has no wi-fi and no 3.5 mm headphone jack (like on an ipod)
no apps either
the touch screen is unresponsive

Pros

• keyboard
  • MP3 player

Cons

• no 3.5mm jack
  • no wi-fi
  • freezes
  • slow internet
  • small keys

posted on 20 Mar 2010, 20:20

Samsung Impression left a awful Impression for me.

I recently purchased the Samsung Impression at ATT in Ohio and was told that this phone was really a great phone to get.  Therfore i went and purchased the phone with a 2 year plan.  I like all the features with the phone and I continue to use them on a daily basis.  Here are some of the pros of the phone. Pros Nice displayVivid Colors Good menu Cons Slow texting -  I consider myself an avid texter and I like to type fast on my phone, unfortunately the keyboard doesnt keep up and I find myself having to go back and retype alot of words.  Very annoying. Screen-  The screen is ok as long as its protected.  I dropped my phone out of town once and scratched the screen up pretty good to where there is a big divot in the screen which is a nuisance to look at everyday.  Having to reset the phone-  After only having this phone for only 8 months,  a user shouldn't have to reset the phone due to the screen acting up on the user.   I find myself having to reset the screen settings quite a bit.  A user shouldn't have to.  Tons of Bugs -  I truly believe that there is a texting bug on my phone. I have read from multiple users online that they have had the same issue to where the texting will lag and freeze up.  I think ATT needs to solve this issue and pronto. Hinge-  It seems to me when i slide the phone open to text, that the keyboard that is attached to the phone is somewhat loose.  Im afraid...

Pros

• Nice phone
  • Bright Screen

Cons

• Slow texting
  • Poorly built phone
  • Hinge is loose on back of phone
  • Hardware on the phone needs to be improved.

Drew101
posted on 16 Mar 2010, 21:39

love this phone!!!

This phone is great! It has a few minor issues like randomly not sending a text, then having to restart the phone; bad battery life; will randomly fly through pictures when you're trying to look at them; occasionly freezes; doesn't zoom when taking pictures, etc.
But there are also many good things like the camera quality is amazing, can take many videos/pictures, can record video/voice to an hour, has many games and apps, good internet, many tools, good music player, up to 2000 contacts, etc.
I've had this phone for about 5 months and I love it! I've dropped it hundreds of times, and the only problem is a few scratches on the back. I once even dropped from my about 15 feet up and no damage. The camera is absulutely amazing. It is 3MP and takes great pics! The only thing is that you can't zoom in while taking the pic, You can zoom in after you take it, though.
Overall, this phone is great! I would definitely reccomend it!

Pros

• camera, texting, games/apps, internet usage, many tools, good music player, strong password protection, etc

Cons

• battery life, randomly won't send a text, freezes sometimes

posted on 10 Feb 2010, 15:51

Omg i bought this phone and its crap it stopped working 2nd day i got it and i went back and got a new one a same thong over i got about 5 of those phone

Pros

Cons

• everything sucks features

posted on 15 Jan 2010, 21:09

great phone, awful typing lag

I love this phone, but one thing that is really making me angry is that while typing, it falls WAY behind and takes forever to catch up, and even when it does, half the letters i pressed are not there. It's so frustrating and i haven't found anything about how to help or fix it. It definitely needs improvement. I've also had problems like others have mentioned, like the texts randomly not sending. Still, i overall like this phone, but the typing problem is making me like it a whole lot less.

Pros

• good design, many options for typing(on the touch screen or on keyboard), good features, etc.

Cons

• SLOWWW typing and texting problems

Jordan
posted on 09 Jan 2010, 20:17

This is my first month with this phone

I used to have the Pantech Matrix before this phone which i found very bulky, ugly, but was amazing fast at texting but I was done with that phone and bought this one....First impressions: Stylish, good touch screen, amazing camera, amazing bright screen... etcBut then I started texting, the keyboard is slow and it constantly locks up to where you cant send any texts for some reason and you have to restart the phone for it to work. I know tons of people that have this phone and they all have the same problems. It would be nice if they sent out a software update that would fix these things. other than that amazing phone. I would for sure recommend this phone and I think this phone will last me a good 2 years.

Pros

• good keyboard
  • bright screen
  • amazing camera
  • stylish
  • responsive touch screen

Cons

• slow texting
  • shut downs

posted on 08 Jan 2010, 19:23

Not worth it.

I bought this phone about 9 months ago. I've had to replace it twice. It's stylish, got a great keyboard, and the touch screen is pretty responsive. But, it opens in pockets and purses, freezes ofeten (has to be turned off then turned back on for it to work again), and can't always keep up with fast texters. I loved it when i first got it, until I was texting and it was falling behind and leaving out letters I typed. It's got good features and I get compliments on it all the time, but as someone who play sports and rides dirtbikes, this phone was NOT my best investment. increasing ring cannot be turned off and it's very quiet, even on it's loudest ring. Can't always hear it. My mom & sister got one too, my sister (a busy college student) has had freezing problems almost everyday. My mom is rarely on hers and has no problems. My best advice: NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO USE THEIR PHONE A LOT!!

Pros

• Nice size. Awesome keyboard. Pretty good camera.

Cons

• Very quiet. Freezes. Slides open too easy, unlocking it and usually pocket dialing people.

jon b
posted on 07 Jan 2010, 07:43

ok so that last guy that posted a review doesnt even own one lol so he dont know what hes missing. the phone does everything that u could want a phone to do with out paying that $30 a month for a smart phone. the internet fast!! and to have short cuts that are on the front screen is great its like a home computer with is short cuts!! the short cut key on the keyboard for txting is sweet!!! the bluetooth is very easy to use pairing up a phone or head set!! its got over 100,000 apps. and games u can download.

cam
posted on 11 Nov 2009, 08:50

I LOVE the samsung impression

I LOVE the samsung impression! ihave only had it for a week and i alredy love it, evrything works crazy good. my favorite feature on it isthe costumizable home page. i would recomend this phone to everybody! it never freezes up or any thing. i just LOVE fthe SAMSUNG IMMPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• every thing

Cons

• nothing

Jess
posted on 28 Sep 2009, 17:27

Samsung Impression

The samsung impression is quite impressive for a dumbphone. The screen is bright and vibrant, the keyboard has a nice feel to it and it has amazing call quality. Im not sure why people are have internet problems with theirs but I surf like crazy on this. Ive had them all, blackberry curve 8900, bold, iphone, htcs, the works I was sick of smartphones cause i never used the smartness in them besides the internet and besides the Iphone this phone has a better browser than most winmo phones. Good job samsung. Cant wait to see another version of this type of phone to com out.

Pros

• Screen size and brightness, keyboard and texting, browser speed, micro sd support, responsive touch screen, Hasnt froze on me yet, battery lasts long do to amoled screen. plus tons more

Cons

• no wifi, resistive touch screen instead of captive, no 3.5mm headphone jack.