Samsung Gravity User Reviews

Build quality5.5/10
Text input7.8/10
UI speed5.3/10

7trou5
posted on 03 Aug 2014, 10:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

Very reliable and tough

7trou5 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had the Samsung Gravity for 5 years and I would have to say it i(for how it has served me and continues to do so) is one of the best buys I have ever made. Yeah it's a feature (dumb) phone but I care not as it gets the job done as a down and dirty dependable, glamourless, phone. I have dropped the darn thing a half dozen times survived...no cracked screen..just fine.. One time it hit the pavement and scattered into 3 segments. I snapped them together and it continued performing without a hiccup. Consitantly clear communication. Charge it once a week. Dropped calls rare. After I paid if off I went on T Mobiles pay as you go so I use it mostly for emergencies and to supplement my Itouch TextMe wifi phone which I use 95% of the time which saves me a ton of money on portable electronic communication.

Call quality 10/10 Always clear calls.
Camera 9/10 Amazing for a 1.3 camera
Everyday usage 10/10 highly reliable and very economical in functionality.
Display 6/10 Small display
Battery 9/10 Long standby time

xxch3yxx
posted on 13 May 2013, 18:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 May 2013)

Was a good non smart phone

xxch3yxx has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This was the last phone I owned before converting to smart phones. Personally, I did not have an issue with it. It had an easy to use interface with lots of settings for customization. The full pull out keyboard was nice and helped make texting much easier than on most slide or flip phones. The only con I really have about it is the cheap plastic feel to it. Other than that, it served its purpose as a simple but handy phone.

Build quality 8/10 Plastic
Reception 9/10 good signal
Internet 1/10 Had no Internet
Camera 5/10 small pixel count

Pros

• full keyboard
  • easy and simple
  • fits in pocket
  • graet first-time phone
  • cute white and blue color

Cons

• plastic cheap feeling
  • small display
  • no 4g
  • small pixel camera
  • not a smartphone

Shelby2939
posted on 08 Jan 2011, 10:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)

It's Barley passes

Shelby2939 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had this phone for a year or so and i didn't really like it. It was okay the first few months but, It kept dieing alot of the time i would be missing calls i never got and the screen is pretty small compared to a lot of QWERTY sliders now, I'm sure you could get a phone MUCH better with all the same features and more.

Internet 1/10 It didn't have internet

• Video
  • Bulky
  • Tiny display
  • Phone will turn on and Off

mrschrisbrown
posted on 04 Jan 2011, 15:11

terrible terrible

mrschrisbrown has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

ok so i had this crappy phone for like maybe 2 years? but it sucks! it loses battery real quick. even if u dont use it for a day, 24 hours later it dies randomly evn wehn u dont use it. im not kidding, IT SUCKS. i save notes to my drafts so i can acess them easy but nnow sum drafts only show up half way. i HATE HATE HATE this phone! if u evr wanted to get it--dont coz its gunaa wear out and become a waste of money! it takes FOREVER to send picture messages and wehn recording sound, it has terrible audio. the camera has no flash there4 creating dark pics. it cant evn zoom in on picture messages or downloaded images. u can only send texts (to only 1 person if ur talking to them only) one at a time really bites...loses reception randomly...otherwise, its a great phone 4 ppl who would use it for calling only.

Pros

• um.. it has a hole 4 keychains.
  • very bright--useful more as a flashlight than phone

Cons

• text standards suck
  • cant zoom in on pic messages
  • cuts off background image
  • blurry pics causd by no camera flash
  • calling standards-no 3 way :(
  • basically everything else

Samantha G.
posted on 03 Aug 2010, 00:39

Bad phone

Ok well at first when i went to the tmobile store i got this phone immediately because it was cute and had a really good keyboard and stuff, now 2 or 3 months later it SUCKS. Whenever id lide it it would bub against the side of the keyboard. It also randomly shuts off while im on the phone with someone or when im i the middle of typing a message. and it would usually just turn off when i would set it down. it just sucks so sont buy thid phone.

Pros

• good keyboard
  • cute design
  • cute colors

Cons

• freezes up alot
  • a lot of friction when sliding
  • randomly shuts off
  • bad reception alot
  • no personal message tones
  • doesnt play music when you exit the music player
  • shuts off when set down
  • no flash on camera
  • bad camera in dark/dim lighting
  • scratches easily
  • bad battery time or watever its called
  • have to charge it everynight

ree
posted on 30 Jul 2010, 22:57

It's okay

I've had my gravity for approximately a year now and it looks like it has another one in it. my battery life was really good despite what ive heard about it. for the price, this is a very good deal. it served me well until i saw the gravity touch lol but its good and affordable. it had good calling (u hear really well) the message box size is farely ok n perfect for texting. yes its a bit bulky but very sturdy. this phone also has alot of nice applications like the converter. i mean it converts almost everything: lengtj , weight, tips n so much more. the calculator even had trig ratios.

Pros

• good for texting
  • good calling
  • cute
  • afordable

Cons

• graphics kina suck
  • when playing music u cant exit the music menu or else music stops
  • cant personalize message tones
  • bulky

Souloftwilight
posted on 28 Jul 2010, 10:21

Surprising

Ok well I got this phone I thought at first I was not going to like it but I love it!!! I've read about horrible battery life and everything..this is very untrue. I get up for work around 6 in the morning and dont get home until 5 or later and the phone has over half charge left. That is very good for phones these days.You can set your own custom ringtones on it and even set one up for everyone on your contact list so you know when someone is calling.The keyboard is a little cramped but its just right though once you adapt to it.The keys on the face is perfect for texting as well.Its a little bulky but not too much to cause any issues.Overall its a very nice phone and for the price well worth the money.The only other issue is you can't set up custom message tones.

Pros

• Custom Ringtones
  • Long Battery Life
  • Face keys
  • Bluetooth
  • Picks up service fairly well

Cons

• Just a little bulky
  • No Custom Message tones

anonymousblabla
posted on 22 Jul 2010, 22:11

Samsung Gravity

this phone is nice and cute and great for texting but im on my 2nd one and having the same problems.
my screen freezes when i slide it and the QWERTY key board will type a letter 2 or 3 times.
bad picture quality and it holds little amount of songs on music player.
they also dont sell like any accessories for it at the Tmobile store.
dont buy this phone if you have any better options
:D

Pros

• cute,nice key board, message button, block contact option, etc .

Cons

• battery life, screen freezes, holds barely 20-25 songs, bad picture quality, no custom message tones, only short video time

posted on 27 Jun 2010, 23:17

Samsung gravity???

ok well i love this phones keyboard its very accessible and easy to type on even with acrilics haha but i am on my third one its very good for the price but if you want a long lasting phone then this is NOT the phone for you!! The battery life sucks it doesnt even last a whole day!!

Pros

• nice keyboard

Cons

• short battery life
  • not a phone that will last even a year

Guitarfreak8810
posted on 22 Jun 2010, 17:35

Please don't waste your money on this...

Okay, I've had this phone for almost two years. PLEASE don't buy it. My dad, brother, and I all have this phone and let me just tell you nicely that it is the worst phone on the face of the planet. I should take a picture of mine and show you how beat up it is. The D-Pad on the front is completely black (kind of ugly), the "OK" button is pretty much nonexistent, the slider is actually half broken... Actually, on all three phones, the slider has become loose and impaired texting until you viciously remove it. It's a lot of pulling and sliding the phone up and down. Anyways, aside from the hardware, the actual text messaging is horrible. You have to wait to send your text before sending another. Of course, I send about 7,000 texts or more a month and have multiple conversations at the same time. It makes things incredibly difficult if you have to wait to send a message before typing another one. I have full service at my house (T-Mobile has a tower right behind it! Haha!) and even with that, picture messages become difficult to send. Also, in a sad attempt to get rid of this annoyance, I have replaced my phone battery 3 times. I used the first one for about a year and bought a second because it was so bad. I switched from a RAZR and I wish I never did. Darn. Again, this is a horrible phone. The IM is a great app on this phone, I don't understand why they didn't make their text messages in a forum thread like this because it's really sad. Such a great idea.... I also dislike the...

Pros

• front face text messaging, IMing, calling, music, vibrate mode is quiet but moves in your pocket just right, camera button and volume rocker work well...... Not much really.

Cons

• Battery life, no custom ringtones, not intended for texting heavily, bulky, slider on keyboard breaks, weird wallpaper bars when rotated, back profile mirror scratches easily, phone fails to recognize contacts in text message inbox - for example a text from my mom shows up with her number instead of her name... etc.

lol luv dis fone!!
posted on 12 Jun 2010, 23:51

good phone.!

the phone looks good but i am not sure why i got two picture messages it turned off and then turned back on then i have to delete one message.but besides that great phone i dont get how the samsung freeform has a 3.0 megapixel and it looks shitty.this phone is 1.3 and it looks great but i guess it is the company tmobile has good picture quality.  :)

Pros

• good pic quality
  • good look
  • fast text

Cons

• freezes when is loading more than one picture message

Alex martinez
posted on 22 Apr 2010, 17:03

Samsung gravity

Absolutley love this phone! love the keyboard and just how it looks in general just got mine a few days ago used but still great :) Its fast too. no problems with the screen.my favorite t mobie phone so far. only problem the phones dies quick but i found out how to fix it.

Pros

• Fast,easy to use,cute,nice keyboard,takes great pictures,picture editing so you dont have to use photobucket or anything,good call quality.

Cons

• Battery life,unless you fix it.

Mother
posted on 31 Mar 2010, 21:00

bad phone :/

i traded my sidekick for this phone and im not too happy with it. the texting is bad on the keyboard, not as easy as the sidekick at all. but the phone did vibrate when i got a message unlike the sidekick. all of my phones from t mobile have sucked and customer service didnt help too much. i wouldnt reccomend this phone. its not really worth it in the long run. go for like verizon or at&t's phones.

Pros

• really good front keyboard
  • cute
  • really easy to use

Cons

• the left side of the screen would freeze and wouldnt work
  • the time display is really tiny
  • the full keyboard wont pick up every letter you type
  • cant store a lot of messages
  • the backgrounds you set are all fuzzy

Wolverine
posted on 29 Mar 2010, 20:56

1.3

Reveiw on Samsung Gravity

Just look at the pros and cons... Come on Samsung, you can do better than that... Now that Gravity 2 Samsung did a lot better on. Check out my review on that phone... I had this phone for 6 months then upgraded

Sorry the cons are right here... They wouldn't fit in the con box... That's how bad this phone is

CONS: Bad battery life... No signal some times... Keys would press twice or three times... Couldn't play the music player while texting... Bad memory card, could only hold a 2GB Micro SD card... Samsung said it could hold a 4GB Micro SD HC card but NO ONE makes one... Bad megapixel camera, only 1.3... Different USB port, couldn't find head phones for the phone and also couldn't use my own... Could only hold 200 messages on the phone and 30 on the SIM card (total 230 messages)... Couldn't use my own message tones... My bluetooth could not be used on the music player... Bad on using my own wallpapers... Only two themes... No updates for the phone... Had to shut off phone to download picture messages...

Pros

• Good texting phone... Blocking list... Great hearing on calls... Ok on speaker phone... Messaging key... Could use calendar on the back of the wallpaper...

Amy1974
posted on 10 Feb 2010, 16:12

Loved my phone for2 months

So I got my Gravity 2 in December. I absolutely loved it. It had to be replaced. The screen started to act funny. Then I turned it off and them back on. And the phone would not come on at all. I love Samsung phones but I am not impressed by this one. I keep reading reviews and the main problems seem to be the screen.

Pros

• Easy to use great little keyboard, and very stylish.

Cons

• Screen problems

Chrisf
posted on 04 Feb 2010, 11:19

good phone but screen goes fuzzy

I love my Gravity 2 but lately it's started going fuzzy, half the screen will look like a TV channel that doesn't come in.  Sometimes the whole screen will go fuzzy.  When it comes back, sometimes the display will be backwards like I'm looking at it through a mirror.  It started a month and a half after I bought it and has done this rather frequently.

Other than that I love the phone.  It's cute and I like the texting features.  I wish the photos could be displayed full screen but I like the resolution on them and I like that I can zoom in.

Pros

• Visually appealing
  • Fun features

Cons

• fuzzy screen issues
  • can't get pictures to show up full screen

P.D.S.A
posted on 02 Feb 2010, 17:43

Samsung Gravity

This phone is AWESOME. Best phone ever. I actually returned my sidekick for this phone!!!!!!!The only issue I had was the battery life, but I know how to fix it:1: Go to the place where you change the lightness of the phone.2: Put it to low.

Pros

• Awesome Phone

Alexa Harrington
posted on 05 Dec 2009, 10:20

Samsung Gravity 2

I think it's really a cute phone, but I keep having issues with the screen!The first time I got the phone, the screen cracked internally. Once I sent that in and they replaced it with a new one, (which cost $40) it worked fine for a couple of weeks and now the screen will split down the middle, showing one side with the regular text and stuff and the other side is fuzzy. It will go away after clicking a few buttons but now when I just turned off my phone, it won't come back on. I'm not hard on my phone either. I keep it in my purse in it's own little bag. There is no reason as to why it should be messing up like I'm damaging it. The keyboard can be a bit touchy at times and the phone has to be charged often.The camera is pretty nice but you can't view the pictures full screen.

Pros

• Cute appearance
  • Good camera
  • Large keyboard

Cons

• Lack of durability
  • Sensitive keyboard
  • Photos can not be viewed full screen

Emily
posted on 30 Nov 2009, 20:07

Pretty good phone

This is is pretty dang cool phone. I got it almost a year ago, and the only compaints I have are the battery life(only last about 6-7 hours with mildly frequent use), the QWERTY keyboard lags and types extra characters on it's own. AND if you're rough on phones, like me (: , be careful with buying this phone. About a month ago, I threw my phone on the ground (stupid, I know) and the internal spring popped out and I had to get my friend to push it back in. But other than that, this phone is pretty good for texting.

Pros

• Takes good pictures
  • Pretty good memory for a phone
  • Nice, bright screen

• Not very durable

Poop
posted on 22 Nov 2009, 22:02

2.7

dont get it

I really wish I would have waited before getting this phone.
I got it when it first came out for like 100some bucks and wow waste of money...
the battery life SUCKS! Now after having it for 6 months, I'll fully charge ever night and by 5pm the battery will be back at 1 bar, and I don't even use it the whole day!
I have to keep my thumb nails really short or else the qwerty keyboard will hurt my nails, the camera is super slow and the only way i can get a quick photo in a hurry is on the multi shot mode.
after a while you get really bored with it, I can only use the qwerty keyboard because the normal way isn't fast enough :/

Pros

• fast texting?

• everything else

Mitch
posted on 17 Nov 2009, 18:39

Not worth the money.

I've been with T-Mobile for a long time, and after a year of uncomfortable texting on a Motorola phone that was similar to a Razr, I wanted a full QWERTY keyboard. Well, I obviously did NOT want a BlackBerry -- it's too businessesque (if thats a word) for my taste and was really intended for email and stuff. So back in June I decided to pay $187 (I had a partial discount, but it wasnt time for me to upgrade) for this phone. So NOT worth the money. It's only worth the $40 you pay when you get it new with a plan. My biggest complain is the QWERTY keyboard: its cramped, the buttons are difficult to press, and the two side keys are absolutely useless: the only time I use them is to open the menu, and after that I use the "OK" and backspace buttons, which work just the same. The battery life is absolutely terrible. I have to charge it every night, and sometimes it's almost dead before i get home. I do lotsss of texting, so I assume that only depletes the battery life more and more.I was also upset that there were not many included wallpapers; and then pictures from the camera set as backgrounds were cut off on both sides when you slid open the keyboard, so it just was ugly. Also, when viewing pictures, there is no full screen mode. What is that about?! Also there are only two themes -- bland white or depressing black.I have already saved up my money to cancel my T-Mobile contract altogether; I need a better phone, and will be switching to an LG enV 3 from Verizon (which has the...

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard - its always just good to have
  • No mechanical issues - it NEVER had issues like shutting off or buttons not working
  • Good enough call quality

Cons

• Cramped QWERTY keyboard
  • Awful battery life
  • No real customization

Ash
posted on 02 Nov 2009, 21:17

This phone sucks!!!!!!!

First of all if you are planning to buy this phone...... DONT!!! dont go by the cuteness of this money sucker... even though its cheap u r stil gonna end up paying a bunch load of money replacing it or trying to get it fixed... this phone sucks big time... is shuts down on me all the time.. i will be typing my text n it will turn off even if its fully charged.. i never get calls and the ppl who would call me would get mad at me thinking i m not picking up the phone.. very poor service.. i understand about sometimes when u r inside a building or something u dont get service but even if u r standing  outside in open u still dont get service..it freezes up on me all the time.. also sometimes if my parents are calling me it would say someone else calling ... after reading the reviews my phone is not the only one having these kinda problems ...majority of the phones r having the same problems.

dustin
posted on 28 Oct 2009, 02:05

samsung gravity sucks

i've had the gravity for 4 months now, and i think it is shity! it don't do videos very well. the battery don't hold it's life for long! the internet is slow and you can't get to bigger pages. the front buttons don't resopond as fast as they should. sometimes it will lose services out of no where and no it is not my phone service plan i think it is juss samsung!

Pros

• full key

Cons

• video
  • service
  • internet

Chantel
posted on 02 Oct 2009, 15:11

Junky Phone, only problems!!!

This is my 2nd Gravity!  My first one was replaced by tmobile just 13 days after it was delivered because an internal spring popped out of the slider.  It took almost an hour to get them to replace my phone within the 14 day policy because they claimed I broke the phone.  Seems no one had complained about this before.Then, today my second phone shut off and won't come back on!  Not sure what the issue is.  Pulled the battery, can't restart it, can't get it to come back on.  Sigh.  Not impressed with this phone!!!!

Pros

Cons

• If it worked, would be a great phone, but horrible reception, bad slider mechanics and just a pain.
  • Internal spring comes apart on slider.
  • Phone shut off on own.

AngelBds
posted on 24 Sep 2009, 16:31

ok u people are ugh

ok i have the samsung gravity 2 and its orange andm it has a goood long lasting battery nice and comftrdable keyboard and it takes reallllll good pictures and videos so the gravity is great ur alll complainers

Pros

• this phone rulles