Samsung Glyde User Reviews

posted on 28 Nov 2008, 20:52

finally

i was getting pretty frustrated with this phone but after the update it is MAGICAL! i'm telling you! it's so accurate now. i love it :) woohoooo!!!

posted on 21 Nov 2008, 21:32

Like many of my fellow glyde owners below, I have had many issues with my touch screen.  As a matter of fact, it has caused me to go through numerous software updates, and about three separate units.  I have wanted to love this phone, but until now, it has refused to love me back.  With the latest software update, I think that it is finally fixed!  The menu is completely reconfigured, and much more user friendly... oh yea, and it is accurate as well.  My only issue with this phone, and i guess all verizon phones in general is that the music program is not compatible with my mac book.

cole
posted on 20 Nov 2008, 10:25

2.7

do yourself a favor

do get this phone.
I really wanted to like this phone. with every thing in me i wanted to like this phone. it worked for about a month. it was nice, texting was good...i loved the qwerty keyboard and how it slid out. BUT after that month my phone went banana sandwich. it would only hit the shortcut menu when i pressed the little stupid blue square. it would call people i really didn't want to talk to. I wanted to throw it under a truck and pray it didn't follow me home. After i read about the update i was willing to give it a second chance. Cool, alright it worked again but this time only for a week. I bought this phone in july and it's mocked me ever since then. right now i'm waiting till next week to get my brother's update because they only offered the same phone.
now i'm looking at the dare and i'm excited.

Pros

• looks nice and sleek with the qwerty keyboard
  • camera works good.

Cons

• everything else.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 07:09

I have had the glyde for the past 4 months now and I have had just about enough of it.... Locking up, Touch Screen going wild, and that stupid blue flashing square.

But I am in contact with a good local Verizon rep and she just installed the new firmware for the Glyde.

Let me just say WOW what a HUGE difference that made!!!  I gets rid of that stupid blue square... Touch response it Much improved...  So if you want to give the phone another chance go to a Verizon store and get the new firmware installed..

Also it took my store like 20 minutes to do!

nickavl
posted on 11 Nov 2008, 23:51

DONT GET THIS

This phone seems awsome at first but once you discover that the touch screen has attacks you will regret it.  I have had this phone for about three and a half months and within the first week the problem of pushing buttons i did not push arose.  At first I thought nothing of it because it happened once but by the end of the first month the problem was more evident.  Why I have put up with it for this long i don't know.  I am taking it back and demanding a different phone.  I have been using my old phone for the last few days because the problem got so bad that i could not even send a text message most of the time without it acting up.  Over all the keyboard is nice, it has a nice form factor, but the screen just kills it.

Pros

Cons

• screen screwing up

posted on 09 Nov 2008, 00:17

NOOOOO

i have my 3rd one in 6 months
it doesnt work
it acts up so much
but its not like worst phone
i give it a 4 cause of texting and for the times it does work
PLUSTHE STUPID BLUE SQUARE NEVER GOES AWAY!!!!

Pros

• texting

Cons

• touch screen sucks, i have my third one in like 6 months
  • buttons lag
  • it restarts itself randomly
  • it gives you random texts that dont load
  • when texting it send the cursor other places in the text
  • the camera doesnt have a far zoom
  • neither dooes the video
  • lots of others i dont feel like naming

posted on 07 Nov 2008, 13:39

Glyde gets on my last nerve.

I had the glyde for a month and already had to replace it. The screen constantly locks up and presses buttons I do not want to use. For example when answering it constantly presses the ignore button. At least twice a day I have to reset it to get it to working again. Lord forbid it is an emergency you are done.

• look

Cons

• touch feature continues to go nonresponsive

Kody
posted on 03 Nov 2008, 19:07

Not Bad

No one seems to like this phone and I am one of the few that does. Sure every so often you have to touch the screen twice but no biggie for me. The touch screen performs fine for me. I show it to my friends and they want to mess around with it and give it back to me shortly after because they say the screen doesnt work good for them. i like the keyboard and the interactive wallpaper and such. Over all its a good phone for me. I will go ahead and tell you that it is better than my old RAZR.

Pros

• -Keyboard
  • -Camera
  • -nice keyboard and touch screen in a smaller design than that of most
  • -touch screen works fine for me

Cons

• -video capture is choppy
  • -not the loudest speakers

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 17:19

dont bother

I got the glyde back in May and have been regretting it ever since.  the phone design is awesome, i love having the option of sliding out the keyboard when i have to type a long message but the software sucks!!  i am constantly having to turn it off and back on again to reset it.  the touch screen is okay some of the time, even with the sensitivity on High or Med High.  it wil often "click" an option i am not trying to choose;  for example, when answering an incoming call the options are Answer, Quiet and Ignore,  in that order from left to right.  many times when i try to touch Answer, it will choose Quiet or Ignore instead. or when typing a message with the touch screen,  i've tried playing with the sensitivity but to no avail.  Samsung needs to use whatever software LG is using and this phone would be the best!

Pros

• slide out keyboard
  • camera is pretty good

Cons

• the whole software!!!!
  • touch screen is very temperamental and tends to "click" a button next to the one you are trying to touch (or sometimes all the way on the other side of the screen!)
  • calendar can only store a certain amount of entries
  • Contact Groups can only store 10 contacts
  • stupid features like a Sketch message, which turns a real pic into a "sketch"...although it sucks and you would never be able to tell what the sketch was of.

anaonymouus
posted on 28 Oct 2008, 14:39

jeez

If you have had the Glyde for more than a week and have turned the sensetivity up this phone is just as good as the voyager if not more responsive. Smaller and sexier to boot. It is also much better than the other phones price wise. I dare anyone to name two thing the Glyde can't do but the voyager can. Go ahead...I dare you...

Pros

Cons

• the screen only likes thumbs

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 21:00

SAVE YOUR SELF

horrid phone.
i went through 3 and they all had the same issues.
that dag on touch screen highly unresponsive and messes up at the wrong time. the screen would go white and the courser would go crazy while typing.
after my third glyde in 5 months i spoke to the manager at my verion store and he let me leave out with an lg dare i love that phone  and is giving me no issues i only had to put up 50 dollars for my dare and it was worth every penny.
DO NOT GET A GLYDE!!!!

Pros

• um...
  • keyboard?
  • it can play music?
  • forget it.
  • NOTHING

Cons

• just about the whole phone

posted on 26 Oct 2008, 20:50

I dunno

I got this phone about a month ago and i am kinda ticked off with the touch screen.  I have dropped it a couple times and the vibrate seems to be messed up. I havent exchanged it yet but hopefully it will screw up seriously and i can get the lg dare or something better. If somebody has had problems with their gldye and gotten an entirely new phone please contact me

Pros

• good for texting

Cons

• screen sucks

Dean Pulsford
posted on 25 Oct 2008, 18:42

I like it.

Ya a lot of people really dont like this phone but me and a few of my friends have it and we love. we must be the lucky ones with the good phones i guess. the touch screen works perfect for me, the texting keys are set up just right for fast texting. the only problem i have with it is that it takes a few seconds to end a call but i dont mind it because im texting mostly so i dont have to worry about getting off of a call really fast. I like this phone a lot!

Pros

• Good touch screen
  • Loud speakers for music
  • Amazing Camera with AUTOFOCUS!

Cons

• Takes longer than usual to end a call

Kenna
posted on 19 Oct 2008, 23:33

Glyde SUX

This phones sux!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Touch screen sux. I push a button it takes me back.
2. I have to push the home screen to leave a call fast.
3. Taking off the cover to take out battery. i feel like I am going to break it.
4.The battery goes fast.
5.It will die at night if I dont charge it even tho it has full battery.

Pros

• Slides

Cons

• TOUCH
  • TOUCH
  • TOUCH
  • TOUCH

posted on 19 Oct 2008, 21:10

Samsung Glyde

I have purchased Samsung phones from verizon every since they started selling them and this Glyde is the "WORST" phone I have ever had. It is not worth a damn! I have taken it back to the store several times because of the freezing up, I touch one button and it goes to something else, I shake it or move it and it goes to another screen or something. I hate this phone I just want to slamm it to the floor. I have never been so displeased with Verizon and Samsung. I called Verizon everyday complaining and all they can do is send out another messed up Glyde, this type of crap makes me want to switch services and I would do that but I have been with them forever.

MATT G.
posted on 19 Oct 2008, 02:13

DONT GET IT!!

I got the Glyde the second week it came out. The first couple of weeks it was great. And then it happend, the screen stoped responding and it only did of a while and went back to normal. I only thought it would happen one in a while and i wouldnt get pist. Well I was wrong!!! After the first month i had it i did it messed up every day and it still does now, i droped it a couple of times so i thought that would be it. So i took it back to verizon and got a new one with the update but that wasn't it.
So now it glitches and the screen is all ways non-responsive and when im at the home screen it thinks im pressing the bottom bar when im not
I hate it and i want to throw it @ the wall

Pros

• NONE!

Cons

• TOUCH SCREEN SUCKS
  • LOTS OF GLITCHES
  • TEXT KEYS TOO SMALL
  • TO BULKY(NEEDS SLIMMER DESIGN)
  • JUS DONT BUY IT!!

Danman
posted on 04 Oct 2008, 16:53

Glyde is the BEST phone ever!!!

I dont know if the Glyde had preliminary problems, but I got mine about two weeks ago, and its working great!  Sure, the back button in "My Music" may cause minor problems, but you can always 'glyde' open the keyboard  (lol) and press the backspace, and you're good to go

Pros

• full html browser
  • pics are great
  • great size/keyboard
  • music is great on this phone, nice integration with VCast

Cons

• froze on me about two times

posted on 03 Oct 2008, 15:39

Rely good fone

I have recently purchased a glyde and i dunno why evryone is whining so much what the heck did they expect an I- phone?
Its a good fone i admit the touchscreen was a bit iffy be4 the update but not its perfect anyone who gives this fone a bad review is ungrateful because this is a good fone

Rod
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 21:54

Samsung Glyde is GARBAGE !

Used the Glyde for 2 1/2 weeks before I finally decided to take it back.  Verizon let me return it because I only had it for 16 days of hell.  However, the 30 day satisfaction return had to be used for the return code unless I wanted to use the manufacture defect return and get the same model.  No way did I want the same crap newer phone.  Verizon knows the phone is a piece of crap and they gladly exchanged it for a phone of my choice but the phone I chose can't be returned unless it is defined as a manufacture defect.  Bottom line. don't get the Glyde for a test drive because you will have to keep it or only have 1 oppurtunity for an exchange.  Save yourself some trouble and stay away from the Glyde.

Pros

• Everthing you want in phone if it worked correctly.

Cons

• Freezes and glitches all of the time.
  • Battery life is not rated correctly.
  • Battery has to be recharged nightly.
  • Buttons respond in slow motion.

posted on 06 Sep 2008, 14:31

On my 5th Glyde! READ TO GET NEW MODEL - NO JOKE -

This phone SUCKS. I'm currently on my 5th glyde. Whenever my glyde try's to recieve a picture message, it says "Failed Message Reciept". Ive gotten 5 replacements, many software upgrades, and it still SUCKS.
Also, dont even think about gettingt he extended battery. It still dies from when I unplug to go to work (approx. 6AM) and it has 1 bar by the time I go to sleep (approx. 11PM). This is the worst phone I've ever bought.

*IMPORTANT* If you call the verizon tech support line and complain, they WILL let you pick a new model. I'm thinking about the LG Dare, or waiting for a new phone like the HTC Diamond to come out, but I do not know which one I'm going to pick! Everybody should do this, and get another phone. The reviews that the LG Dare reviewed make it seem awsome, so I think that will be my next phone. Thanks a lot VZW, you are a peice of sh*t company! contact via aim: mlgneo

Pros

• nothing

wayne
posted on 31 Aug 2008, 06:41

Worst phone I've every bought

This has got to be the worst phone I've every bought.  The touch screen is horrible.  The lower right portion for the touchscreen probably works 10 percent of the time.  I always have to close the keyboard to use that part of the screen.  The touchscreen is very unresponsive, scrolling is horrible.  Sometimes icons are select but I haven't even touched the screen.  Videos and pictures can not be transferred by usb cable or bluetooth.  What good is this phone if Verizon turns off all of it's features, greedy bastards.  I suggest you stay away from Verizon, their phones are horrible.  If I didn't get 20% off my monthly bill, I would jump ship.  There are no profiles, if you have to turn off the sound, you have to go to settings and turn off every alarm.  What a pain.  I would return this phone but I'm past that period.  Be warned!!!!!!!!

eDDY sANCHEZ
posted on 25 Aug 2008, 22:21

don't get it

I purchased this phone about 1 month ago. since then, I have checnged it 2 times. everytime i take it they tell me that the software has been updated, and even though the touch screen works better now, there are still many times that I click on something on the screen and nothing happens. many otehr times, when I press something, for example the browser, something else completely different lights up. the touch on this phone is horrible. the features on it are not bad. phone calls are easily made but again, I have trouble unlocking the phone using the screen. texting is pretty simple when using the querty key, but a bit dificult to send the text because guess what, the touch screen is not responsive. I am not happy at all and actually will take it back to teh store and trade it for a Dare.
over all, the phone is not bad, the touch is horrible.

Shabalaba ding dong
posted on 23 Aug 2008, 23:10

5.8

worst phone i ever purchased

if i were you i wouldn't buy this phone because it has the worst touch screen feedback ever. Go for the iPhone or LG dare, those are both "pressure" sensitive while the glyde is "heat" sensitive. It goes crazy sometimes by pressing everything by itself. I think the design is good but if they change it to "pressure" sensitive it would the MUCH better.

ANDREW
posted on 23 Aug 2008, 22:07

best phone ever

its the best phone u could have. its realy cool too. the whole touch screen thing is the coolest and the sound its just great.features are amazing. and the signal strength its realy good for me. and its the easiest phone to text with. also its realy cheap for me LOL.

ken
posted on 21 Aug 2008, 15:21

keyboard sux. jsut got it yesterday. i returned it. so annoying. i HATE this phone