Samsung Galaxy Tab User Reviews

Display9.5/10
Build quality9.8/10
Text input8.5/10

kingstandup
posted on 29 Mar 2012, 09:54 (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)

Simply the best.

kingstandup has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had the Samsung Galaxy Tab for nearly a year now and it has never disappointed me. The tablet selection when I bought this device wasn't as good or as large as it is today. Basically, I had the choice between this and the Apple iPad 2. I knew quite a few people who had the first generation iPad and I knew it was good quality. At that time, I didn't know a single other person who had the Galaxy Tab. But, I read up quite a bit on it and was impressed with the specs. I already owned an Android phone at the time, so I was already familiar with the OS. I also preferred the size of this device over the iPad, although know I am considering upgrading to the Galaxy 10.1 in order to get the latest version of Android. No rush on that though, because I still love my Galaxy Tab, also known as the original iPad contender.

Pros

• Excellent display.
  • Android!
  • Great build.

s.mrabet
posted on 09 Nov 2011, 06:08 (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7

s.mrabet has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

After having it for a year now, I would like to share my experience with this amazing Tablet.
It fits perfectly in the inside pocket of my jacket. its very light, sometimes I would forget it's im my pocket.

Build quality 9/10 The Tab survived many falls from shoulder hight. not one scratch on the screen (no screen protector) Plastic is very solid. And it's very light!
Reception 10/10 In Holland its perfect, full 3G reception while laying in my bed. (other countries may differ)
Call quality 9/10 I dont use my Tab for calls, but after testing it, very good quality.
Internet 10/10 Very smooth browsing using stock browser, or one of the many great choices in the Market.
Multimedia 10/10 Very smooth fullHD video playback, almost all codecs out-of-the-box!
Camera 8/10 (3.2MP) makes nice pictures
UI speed 9/10 UI speed is heavily improved on Gingerbread(2.3)
Text input 9/10 Many different apps for input (text/voice)
Display 10/10 7'' 1024x600 is very crisp
Battery 9/10 Battery life was not very good on Froyo(2.2) But now on Gingerbread (2.3) its Perfect!

Pros

• Good display/resolution
  • Size (Pocketable)
  • Multimedia
  • Micro-SD card slot
  • Very light and thin
  • 2 camera's

Cons

• No usb-host
  • No hdmi

vivek.ray
posted on 08 Apr 2011, 12:51 (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Apr 2011)

Good H/W bad TouchWiz

vivek.ray has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Well got it on new year and its good I mean really good . People going crazy about all those dual-cores and 1080p should have a look at it coz at the end of the day u wont be watching full hd video on ur portable tablets and neither spend all time on internet using tablet.

Its good , upto the mark and is bang for buck . Must buy

Pros

• Build quality
  • screen
  • portability
  • nice diary cover
  • Rock stable when installing new kernels etc.
  • price

Cons

• bad consistency in maintaining data network over 3G
  • default text input
  • smudge magnet screen
  • unstable UI
  • feeble speakers
  • no upgrade till now to be seen

Dhiren
posted on 18 Feb 2011, 06:30

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Dhiren has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Its a good cell,good display, very good UI, camera should have been atleast 5mp, If its in your pocket and you are travelling in a train or a bus then the calls drop frequently, brilliant Battery life infact it lasted for three days and mobile data connection was continuosly on with 6 hours of wifi on.expecting a 2.3 gingerbird update. very large cant fit in a tight jeans.Very good build quality as i dropped it in the train and around 10 people ran over it but it was as the same.