Battery Life (I9003 v.s. I9000)
SGuser (unregistered) posted on 05 Mar 2011, 03:01 0 0
Hi, anyone using both I9003 and I9000 is able to confirm if battery life on I9003 is "waaaay better" than I9000?
I know AMOLED display is suppose to be power efficient, but there are reports that AMOLED display phones are more power consuming on bright or white colour display.
1. sam (unregistered) posted on 27 Mar 2011, 00:34 0 0
All that i can say I9003 is not good w.r.t batter life but other than the batter life problem. the Phone is a really cool.
2. Allan (unregistered) posted on 06 Apr 2011, 10:50 0 0
Haven't tried 9000. But i can assure you, 9003 battery life is extremely disappointing. If you do a one or two short calls, no text, and a few hours of wifi, you'll have to charge the phone at least 2 or 3 times a day. Or more. It can't last a whole day if you do a few moderate to light activities. If you do nothing at all, just let the phone sit idle all day, battery runs down to 40% at the end of the afternoon. So my 9003 becomes non-mobile. Have to stay plugged into the office power most of the day. Really a laughing stock of a phone.
34. Justin Bannister (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2011, 00:29 0 0
Agreed, I had this phone a week and I am really dissapointed.
3. Yashpal (unregistered) posted on 13 Apr 2011, 13:31 0 0
I agree with Allan that battery of 9003 is of very poor quality and needs charging quite often.In my experience,Nokia mobiles in general have better battery life.
4. sasi (unregistered) posted on 16 Apr 2011, 12:02 0 0
yes I too agree with allan.. The battery of 9003 is very poor...
The standard is - 12 hrs 50 mins talktime 2g, 6 hours 30 mins talktime 3g.
The actual is - 6 hrs 50 mins talktime 2g, 4 hrs 20 mins talktime 3g.
so, how to make our battery to standard? any answers..
5. OddieIbanez posted on 26 Apr 2011, 11:37 0 0
depends on how you use your phones. please note that the said standards are based on talktime, but if you use your phone for music, videos or games this can no longer be the basis.
6. sarwar (unregistered) posted on 09 May 2011, 07:28 0 0
Most of the time i used only internet, but my phone discharged quickly, I need to recharge 2 or 3 times in a day, the battery is very poor :(
7. Vickyy (unregistered) posted on 11 May 2011, 01:09 0 0
I purchased the phone 5 days back.I am truely disappointed with the battery life.Even with minor usage or no usage at all, the battery discharges like anything.Need to constantly charge the batteryin order to make some use of phone,although samsung has claimed it to 1650 mAH which is far more than other android phones around, so can't understand why the battery still sucks ! Barring battery, the phone is power-packed !
8. Carlo21 (unregistered) posted on 24 May 2011, 01:37 0 0
cause most of you doesn't know how to use the phone properly thats why the battery discharges way too quickly.. i usually charge my i9000 every two days :)
9. Achillesr (unregistered) posted on 24 May 2011, 20:09 0 0
Batterry Life of galaxy SL is not very good...I haveto charge this phone whenevr i sit idle inoffice... can anyone tell me how to increase battery life?
10. dhana (unregistered) posted on 31 May 2011, 18:06 0 0
hi guys try to uninstall all unused application. some of the application will run on background. need to close all. i m having good battery life
11. shah (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 04:47 0 0
Dhana wat battery life r u getting while playing games n Web ?
12. jetman (unregistered) posted on 05 Jun 2011, 23:30 0 0
@ Allan: "few hours of wifi", its a phone not a personal computer or laptop..
13. Lezure 2011 (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2011, 20:43 0 0
I have the same problem with the phone, and I just bought it yesterday.
@ Carlo21 how do you save battery life?
14. Zexc (unregistered) posted on 09 Jun 2011, 01:49 0 0
If like this all of us send this issue to SAMSUNG!
I also face this problem.Not doing anything the battery can stand only 12-15 Hours!
Very dissopointed. WTH samsung claim their battery 1650mAH??
Lets do guys! this issue make us really2 uncomfortable.. serius.. =(
15. Khalifah Love (unregistered) posted on 09 Jun 2011, 12:58 0 0
the last time i charged is two days ago, so basically my phone has been running for about 48 hours and it still has 44% battery level. here what i did... hope this will help... ( i dont root my phone )
1. use free power widget to easily turn on and turn of wireless/bluetooth etc
2. changed mobile networks to GSM only
3. lower the screen ...brightness to the lowest it can get
4. clear memory (RAM) each time before u press the keypad lock button
5. go to location security n disable 'use wireless networks'
6. turn off background data in accounts n sync
7. create folders on the menu to put all the favourite apps inside them
8. minimized ur running apps.
9. charge only when the battery level is low (below 10%)
10. and last but not least, the best solution is to minimize ur usage of the phone ^_^
16. SL girl (unregistered) posted on 14 Jun 2011, 02:33 0 0
Thanks Khalifa for your inputs. Will try it hope it works because Im also experiencing poor battery life, BTW, how do you put all apps in a folder?
17. sanna (unregistered) posted on 14 Jun 2011, 04:44 0 0
i did what u mention, but sadly the battery life still very poor. if i on my 3G connection, approximately 10% batt gone per hour , this estimation is base on light activity probably 1 or 2 short call and without surfing the net.
if on the wifi, will be more battery consuming, i already installed the battery booster, but it doesn't help much.
at 1st, i thought my battery was spoiled... now i realized that other users facing the same situation as me.
18. Khalifah Love (unregistered) posted on 17 Jun 2011, 01:22 0 0
@ SL GIrl;
it's just like putting all your apps/games on the menu. but first u'll need to create the folders on the menu. for me, i created 2 folders, one is apps and the other one is games. it's like changing ur wallpaper, u'll see the button folder immediately. just drag those apps into the folder and u'll get it ^^
try installing juicedefender instead of battery booster. also, if ur problem still occur, i think that it might be battery defect, since it's quite impossible for 1650 battery to have very short lifetime...
19. SL girl (unregistered) posted on 17 Jun 2011, 03:49 0 0
Thanks! I tried the one you said regarding the settings and it worked. my battery lasted for 2days.. Thank you...
20. bluepearl (unregistered) posted on 18 Jun 2011, 22:10 0 0
i totally agree with all of you. my galaxy s I9003 is also giving low battery performance.
i usually use quiet amount of push mail features and sometimes surf net. with considerable no of sms and 4-5 calls a day my ph batt lasts for almost 12-15 hours. have to charge it again. yes i sometimes do listen to radio at night from 12-4am (most of the time i get asleep and the radio keeps running) and in that case its very normal that batt will drain.
i have read the points maid by khalifa above and also noticed that SL girl resolved her problems with those. just now i also applied most of those suggestions to my device.
hope it will work for me too.
will also try to install juicedefender as mentioned by sana.
thank you all for makng your opinions.
it helped me a lot. else i was on the opinion that my batt got some prob.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
30. lalithesh (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 23:37 0 0
now how is the battery performance after u applied d suggestions of Khalifa? pls reply since i'm planning 2 buy this phone. Thank u..
21. silentkiller13 (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 22:37 0 0
hi to all the expert users of samsung i9000.. i just wanna ask if i could use the battery of samsung i9003 (1650mah) to my samsung i9000?
what would be the disadvantage and advantage of using i9003 battery to i9000 phone?
22. SL 9003 (unregistered) posted on 27 Jun 2011, 22:49 0 0
hey guys i too have same issue of battery provlem like u... did anybody get any solution ??? plz post here any good soluion for battery backp of samsung galaxy sl i9003
23. AM Noman (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 01:14 0 0
@everybody, I wanna say, this is a smart phone not a ordinary phone. need to use all of its facility like WIFI, EDGE, 3G etc. if I can't use this then why I buy this phone, better to buy a Nokia 1100i. Sumsung just do a practical joke to us "I give all facility to this phone; if want to use this you haven't enough charge to talk!"
24. AM Noman (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 01:34 0 0
@everybody, This is a smart phone, not a ordinary phone. I buy this phone to surf net using EDGE, Wifi etc, additionally I have to use Camera, GPS also. need to use 3G also. but this phone is just a practical joke to us. like " This phone have all features, if you wanna use this facility then you haven't enough charge to talk".
Who are talking that this is not a PC, this is a phone, my advice to them buy a Nokia 1100, its great to talk and long battery time!
25. jp (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 15:05 0 0
Juice defender, a great and proven app to boost your battery.
26. rahul94 (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 23:50 0 0
i own the galaxy sl,the battery life is gud ,it lasts a whole day with numerous hours on wifi and many calls plus gaming
27. Joanngelic (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2011, 11:57 0 0
Sooooo sad...w/out talkin or any sort of communication the battery life simply drains out like blood cancer...leave for a day alone and idle, batt nears an end like fart! My dad's iPhone4 lasts way longer...not that I like iPhone4...just stating the contrast...
However, overall...it is truly a good phone...sadly sound quality is incomparable to my prev Xpress Music...Samsung just needs to up their game a wee bit more...Anyway, I think I'll live with this problem and just try to not get the problem in my head...it is a pretty good phone...but not awesome...
28. SL girl (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 02:08 0 0
you know guys its a matter of setting your galaxy i9003 properly. At first i also encountered same problem but now I can watch movies and use some app and not draining my battery.. If i use it only for texting it will last for 3 days.. not bad....
31. lalithesh (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 23:44 0 0
what about calls? how much backup do u get if u make calls? how is the battery performance now if u use it normally( a few calls, texting, music and some internet)?
29. new samsung user (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 07:52 0 0
hey guys..how long does it take u to fully charge the battery? i have had this phone only for three days and it usually takes me 4hours to fully charge it (i actually charge it once every day)..i think it's too long...my friend has an iphone4 and although it has the same battery life of one day with the galaxy 9003, it becomes fully charged in just an hour. is there a problem with the battery or with the charger i have? help please..thanks!
32. wengz2002 (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 03:44 0 0
I have the same problem here with my Samsung GT-i9003.
I'm very disappointed with the Battery Life...
GalaxyS T959 is much more bettery in term of Battery Life (2X than i9003) and Video display quality is much superior...
I'm planning to go back to the store where I bought this PIECE OF CRAP!
But I saw this forum and understand that I'm not the only one having this problem!
SAMSUNG, please help us!
33. Ram Kishore K (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 05:59 0 0
I Use samsung Galaxy S GTI9003
IF we go by Khalifah Love 's comments, we rather had got a Nokia 1100 monochrome mobile than Samsung galaxy :)
C'mon guys, why worry about saving battery life when you have charger and power supply at your disposal? I have wifi in Office and home, I use wifi most of the time (75% through out the day sparing nights). I get almost a day's charge. However, to save battery life
1. Use black theme on your moble. (black = less power)
2. Download Advanced task killer (free from Andriod market), you can schedule it to kill background apps safely, that consumes power.
3. I dont want to dim my display (I dont want to get my phone aged without even enjoying it's fullest potential !!). Better use auto contrast
4. Using the app (in 3 above) see what apps are consistently running in b/g and better uninstall it. (I strictly refer to 3'rd partr apps that you install).
5. Dont worry about your battery much. Enjoying your mobile's feature for few hours is better than having it untouched for a day :) LOL