Samsung Galaxy S5 User Reviews

Camera9.7/10
Multimedia9.5/10
Internet9.5/10

iLovesarcasm
posted on 21 Feb 2015, 19:17 (Posts: 122; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)

Useful phone for busy people

iLovesarcasm has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A very useful phone for busy business people who are always on the go. Design is not that bad like what other brand fanboy says but not the best. I value usefulness and efficiency over design. Camera is great except in dark but you won't always take pictures at the dark. Battery is superb and reliable, better than my iPhone.

Build quality 9/10 It feels premium, but I don't like the chrome sides that will chip off in the long run.
Reception 9/10 Still need to reset from time to time, maybe because of network not the phone.
Call quality 9/10 Earpiece is bit quiet but good call quality
Internet 10/10 Super fast
Multimedia 10/10 Good speaker quality
Camera 10/10 Superb
UI speed 10/10 Useful
Everyday usage 10/10 Great daily driver
Text input 10/10 Good as usual as long as it's Samsung.
Display 10/10 Superb
Battery 10/10 2-4 days for an Android, how about that?

Pros

• Superb battery life
  • Good as QHD display even not QHD
  • Superb camera

Cons

• Over 2 hours charging
  • Chrome sides will chip off

iLovesarcasm alternatives:

galaxys6
posted on 14 Feb 2015, 12:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Jan 2015)

love it

galaxys6 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love my s5, although it has some disadvanteges, it has alot more advantages than disadvantages. Just look at the s5's camera. STUNNING. Or maybe the display. AMAZING. Or even the speed of it. UNIMAGINABLE!!!! I recommond eveyone to buy this phone, when s6 comes out, or the note 5, i will still not leave this phone. forget about the fingerprint, or how it looks, this phone is totally amazing.

Build quality 8/10 The s5 doesnt look so attractive from the front

Pros

• 5.1 super AMOLED dislpay
  • 16MP camera with HDR mode
  • 2.7 GHz amazing speed and benchmarks
  • multi window is quite useful despite that it isnt for all the apps
  • it takes a short time to charge in
  • battery lasts about a full day with normal useage
  • power saving and ultra power saving
  • no bloatware apps that u cant remove
  • rarely lags
  • water and dust resisdent

Cons

• fingerprint scanner hard to use
  • charging part quite annoying to open
  • design not so attractive
  • glitches when u use wet hands
  • flash problems- it sometimes freezes
  • touchwiz is quite ugly and not organised
  • phone heats when u play alit of games in the same time
  • sometimes it takes two hours to charge

Royal_Rathwa
posted on 29 Jan 2015, 23:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jan 2015)

Value Of Money & King of Features Phone

Royal_Rathwa has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Just superb performance on antutu banchmark its score 42000 that near to all 45k phones.i got my s5 at 33000 price.this phone is superb in all features.
also its water resistance.if someone said u its polycarbonate cover than said them that s5 having nonumber of back cover on official website too.So its feels premium In leather cover.Now s5 haters just get lost.

Pros

• all its features r pros.

pakbwp
posted on 21 Jan 2015, 11:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jan 2015)

Fantastic cell phone

pakbwp has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am using this phone since 2.5 months. Its a complete phone for everyone with its strong sensores, fast performance and intellectual features. The camera is just superb with its amazing blur background function. Its very fast!

Call quality 10/10 Voice and signal quality is mesmerizing
Internet 10/10 With download booster feature, it has edge on other phones.
Text input 10/10 with its protected and easy mode features it would help you in everyday use.
Display 10/10 Super latest technology HD screen
Battery 9/10 Battery is just not bad among other cell phones. The battery can be made longer by its mesmerizing ultra power feature.

victor_alvarezm
posted on 09 Jan 2015, 12:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Jan 2015)

Excellent

victor_alvarezm has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A very good and powerful smartphone, it's good in all the aspects, i've had it for at least 2 months and i haven't had problems with it, the battery is great last one day in constant usage, the full HD screen is excellent.

coachlitrell
posted on 03 Jan 2015, 09:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2015)

Love it

coachlitrell has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Had the S5 for about 6 months and I love everything about it, the screen is clear, the battery last, pictures are so clear along with videos. The President install health app is also great, you can have your heartbeat rate taken just by placing your finger on the back of the phone

akray2008
posted on 03 Jan 2015, 08:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2015)

Samsung Galaxy S5 great phone

akray2008 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I many years ago have using the family Galaxy S since the first model to now S5 and I don't have anything I can say that I doesn't like on it.
but s5 best phone in world
I love its camera. It gives excellent picture quality a.d water resistant design and fingerprint security access and many more features

Camera 10/10 great....

baghdadguy
posted on 10 Dec 2014, 16:54 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Oct 2014)

Great Phone with a lot of features

baghdadguy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great Phone with a lot of features , great camera , great performance , great display ,
but the design is a bit similar to most galaxy devices , and the battery life is ok but not great .
i like the touchwiz but its better to get smoother UI

Pros

• great experince
  • useful features
  • great camera

Cons

• the same galaxy design laguage

ianchoi
posted on 04 Dec 2014, 21:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Dec 2014)

ianchoi has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Very quick and has a nice display. I love the camera and I thinknow the whole phone is worth it's price and is very durable. I will have it for 2 years and I feel like it is going to last it. The battery is great and charges very quickly. It does feel a little cheap but does not look bad at all. It actually loves quite nice. It is a very nice and comfortable phone. I will say that this is a great phone and I recommend you to get this nice phone. It calls very well with nothing that bothers it. It had a great signal and is easy to use.

FluffyBled
posted on 13 Nov 2014, 03:54 (Posts: 48; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)

Great Phone!

FluffyBled has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It's a great phone! It's the king of Android devices. Only people who try to draw attention would hate on it! And as for iPhone ... it's never been close to either Samsung HTC or the other High-End Android devices!

Build quality 10/10 The build design is great! One doesn't buy a phone to drop it so aluminium is not necessary! Also I love the leather-like back
UI speed 10/10 Most of people like to hate on TouchWiz .. but it's the best UI out there and all these features might result in milliseconds of difference between devices but you save minutes using these features, just think about it. Also the processor can handle it great
Text input 10/10 Awesome!
Battery 10/10 The battery is good enough for me ... Charge at night and use it all day (At the end of the day i have 20% remaining!

Pros

• Tons of features!

Cons

FluffyBled alternatives:

Bhaskar546
posted on 03 Nov 2014, 05:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Nov 2014)

Nice mobile packed with lot of features

Bhaskar546 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have compared S5 Octa Core phone with Xperia Z2 before buying, there are many features that cannt reach to S5. Camera clarity is superb eventhough it is 16MP. Sound clarity, Display, fingure print swipe and good performance no hanging with 2GB of RAM. Iam very happy with this mobile, i encourage people to have alook at it. And in this mobile Home, multiple window and back buttons are not part of screen.

Camera 10/10 Camera quality is awesome, even Z2 or Z3 also not comparable.

Jsu1222
posted on 02 Nov 2014, 05:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Nov 2014)

Best I've ever used or owned

Jsu1222 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

In the past year I have owned almost every flagship phone that has been released.I am an avid smartphone enthusiast. When I'm not playing with my phone, I am reading articals about phones. I am more than qualified to give a phone review. All that being said, this phone is the best phone I have ever used. It literally does everything possible that a smartphone can do and it exicutes it all flawlessly. As of right now, the thought of holding on to this phone for a couple years doesn't bother me in the slightest. For me, that is saying alot. I am totally content and satisfied with this phone. It's an amazing device. I am shocked to see so many negative reviews about this phone.

Build quality 9/10 It made made of pls stove but it feels far from cheap. It's light and has great grip. They display is nothing short of beautiful.
Multimedia 10/10 It's blazing fast and offers multi window feature that allows multi tasking.
Text input 10/10 I use swiftkey and Fleksy.. Both work flawlessly on this phone
Display 10/10 Most beautiful display I've ever seen on a phone.
Battery 10/10 I'm an extreme power user and I still get a full day's charge..

Pros

• Great feel in hand, great user experience, blazing fast, best display I've ever seen, best camera I've ever used, great battery life.

Cons

• Only 16 gigs of native storage.

MickeyDorfling
posted on 27 Jan 2015, 04:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Oct 2014)

You're here cause you're thinking of buying it? DO IT!!

MickeyDorfling has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

If you're reading this review, odds are you're probably searching all over the Internet to see whether the Galaxy S5 is really that good. Well, let me assure you, it is REALLY that good!

The phone is lightning fast and I honestly could not expect more from it. The screen is beautiful, the camera is amazing, and the camcorder with its 4k recording is better than any professional camcorder (and even some professional equipment) I have ever seen.

The finger print scanner is a little tricky to use, but just watch a tutorial on YouTube - you'll see how to swipe with your thumb to the side. Once I started doing that I have had a 95% success rate.

Today I bought GTA San Andreas for android and it plays perfectly with no lag. The game looks better than it did when I played it on my PS2!

The best part of this phone, though, has to be its ADH Premium guarantee. This is essentially a guarantee against your own stupidity. If you download the ADH Premium app from the Play Store within 30 days of buying the phone, and then register the phone on the database, you are covered for 2 repairs involving liquid or screen damage within 24 months. This means that if you drop the phone and crack the screen they will fix it - FOR FREE! TWICE!!

I dropped my phone in water and it got damaged somehow. I called the ADH number and within 24 hours there was a courier at my door ready to take the phone to the other side of the country. I also got a replacement Galaxy S5 while it was being repaired....

Build quality 10/10 It looks and feels amazing. I personally prefer the blue back. I know many people think it is an ugly phone, but I quite like the black and blue backings. The white and gold make the phone look a bit like a band-aid in my opinion.
Reception 10/10 I always have signal and mobile data coverage. Never had a phone that has had such good reception.
Call quality 10/10 Crystal clear calls
Internet 10/10 Lightning fast LTE and wifi is very easy to connect to. Also has a mobile data restricter so you don't spend too much.
Multimedia 9/10 Amazing video playback and the pictures are stunning! While you watch a video, if you look away the video pauses! The speaker isn't the best I've ever seen though.
Camera 10/10 Best camera I have ever seen on a phone
UI speed 10/10 It is sometimes a bit laggy, but if it really bugs you you could always get a custom launcher
Everyday usage 10/10 Perfect to handle everything, everywhere, any time.
Text input 10/10 The screen is big enough yet compact enough for a comfortable keyboard. The default keyboard is a little off with predictions. I would recommend downloading the Swiftkey keyboard.
Display 10/10 B-E-A-UTIFUL!
Battery 9/10 Sometimes I wish the battery would last longer, but I do really use the phone a lot. It charges extremely quickly though!

Pros

• Amazing camera
  • Beautiful screen
  • Secure with the fingerprint scanner
  • Easy to navigate
  • Very nice to hold and use
  • Perfect size
  • Great reception
  • Water and dust resistant
  • Able to handle even the toughest apps
  • ADH PREMIUM!

Cons

• Speaker could be better
  • Battery could last longer (although I really over-use it)
  • (Everything else that bugs you, like the keyboard in my case, can fixed by installing third-party software)

jimquinn23
posted on 21 Oct 2014, 22:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)

About 10 months with this phone now

jimquinn23 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

After moving from the galaxy s3 to this phone, its simply incredible. I haven't noticed it slowing down at all. It still competes with the best of the best even months after its release. Its camera is incredible (16 megapixels) as well as its in camera settings. Can not find one con about this phone even after having it for so long

Build quality 10/10 Have not experienced any chips, or cracks on the phone.
Reception 10/10 I have never had one issue with reception
Call quality 10/10 No issues with call quality, i can always hear and people can always hear me clearly even on the windiest of days
Internet 10/10 Speeds up to 150mb/s the internet is incredibly fast and have never had an issue with it.
Multimedia 10/10 Great Screen for viewing, headphone jack and loud phone speaker
Camera 10/10 AMAZING camera, 16mps, fast shooting, hdr is incredible, 1080p and 4k video are perfect. slow mo and fast motion video is available
UI speed 10/10 No lag ever
Everyday usage 10/10 Used it everyday for almost a month now, no problems ever
Text input 10/10 Fast and easy
Display 10/10 Screen gets incredibly bright and can also go down to 2 nits. 1080p is clear enough for this big 5.1 inch screen
Battery 10/10 Lasts all day everyday

Pros

• 5.1" 1080p screen
  • Big Battery
  • GPU is fast
  • CPU is fast
  • Camera (16mp)
  • Fits nicely in the hand
  • Thin design
  • Water resistant (IP67)
  • Finger print scanner
  • Great multi-tasking

lambo
posted on 13 Oct 2014, 16:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Oct 2014)

galaxy is the best

lambo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My Samsung Galaxy S5 is, without a doubt, one of the best purchases I have ever made. I've now owned it nearly 4 months now & have not one negative thing to say about it. I can't imagine any other phone being performing any better.it's very good and I can do everything with my galaxy.big screen is live and bright. UI work perfectly ans speed is good.

iphonerules23
posted on 03 Oct 2014, 19:45 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)

Best Phone in market to Buy

iphonerules23 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just love this phone Ultra power saving mode is just simply amzing.I live near Beach so this phone kinda suits me its waterproof phone .I had Iphone 5s but only thing i hate about that phone was horrible battary life thank god i upgraded to this gs 5 phone.

CCGuy94
posted on 11 Sep 2014, 14:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Sep 2014)

HUGE upgrade!

CCGuy94 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Just got this GIANT a few weeks ago. LOVE IT. For the past 1.5 years up until a few weeks ago, I owned the Galaxy S2 so, obviously, when I got this phone, I couldn't believe it. LOVE LOVE LOVE how this phone is huge, compared to the Galaxy S2, because it's fits comfortably with my large hands. Other features that I love about it are (keep in mind I'm comparing it to the phone I used to own before the S5): longer battery life, brighter screen when under the sun, amazing camera quality, faster phone and internet performance and that little notification light on the top of the screen. I also appreciated the fact that Google Chrome was already set up as the default web browser when I first turned it on. I'm satisfied with this phone because it's mainly a huge upgrade for me and don't regret buying another phone that wasn't Galaxy.

Internet 10/10 Chrome is really fast.
Multimedia 10/10 Everything is organized

• Big Screen
  • Big Phone
  • Thin

jenklee06
posted on 27 Aug 2014, 20:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Aug 2014)

Fantastic phone all-around!!!

jenklee06 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

reyenrique
posted on 25 Aug 2014, 00:42 (Posts: 99; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)

it is a great phone

reyenrique has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

the quality of the phone is good the display is great and the camera is great plus battery is great the only thing l fine out is the sound or the call quality is fair . not good of this type of phone at all but the rest of this phone is great indeed

Pros

• well most everything is good

Cons

• the call quality is not quite good

NabeelRamadan
posted on 16 Aug 2014, 16:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)

Forget ALL the REST... THIS phone is the BEST :-)

NabeelRamadan has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Galaxy S5 absolutely is a premium, fast phone that I would buy and use every day. Its improvements over the Galaxy S4 add up to a smoother experience. The phone's high-quality camera won't let you down, there are plenty of features to keep you occupied, and the display is bright and beautiful. The water-resistant seals are an extra perk if you often head to the pool, hot tub, or beach.

Leonard-Davis
posted on 13 Aug 2014, 15:58 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)

Can't go wrong with this phone

Leonard-Davis has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I took a while to decide what phone to upgrade to. When the HTC one m8 came out I was positive that was the phone for me, I was very unimpressed with its camera. When thever s5 came out, I was disappointed in the gimmicks Samsung took with the phone. However, there are so many features on this phone that truly do improve the experience. Customizing the operating system is fantastic, and many of the internal software features come in handy often. I actually have grown to like the one handed use feature which shrinks the screen to what ever side your tub is on. Samsung does include useless other features, but they all work as advertised.

The camera is fantastic, I had an 8 mp camera on my last phone and this is truly better. Plus many of the features on the camera are fun and very useful. In deciding which phone to choose the camera was one of the most important to me and I am happy with the performance of this one.

Anyone who reads this should know that buying a flagship device will most often be an improvement over previous devices. I owned a motorola Droid bionic for 2 years, it served me well, but going from that to my Shiney GS5 feels like I moved from a record player to an ipod, or a pinto to a Lamborghini, or apartment to mansion. If you are moving off a two year contract like I did, any flagship device will be a vast improvement, justhe find features that are important to you and decide from there.

As a side note, I'm finding the battery life is excellent, batteries themselves...

Pros

• 1. Beautiful display.
  • 2. Great performance.
  • 3. Battery life has been improved.
  • 4. Improved design.
  • 5. Premium camera with lots of features.

Cons

• 1. The interface still feels cluttered.
  • 2. A lot of bloatware and redundancy.
  • 3. Only 16 GB of internal storage.

FilippoBriganti
posted on 03 Aug 2014, 07:19 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

only good

FilippoBriganti has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Amazing hardware, amazing camera and the best display I've never seen... Stop
Build quality: borderline
Design: quite good with a nice grip but the special thing is that this galaxy s5 is waterproof (IP67)... the speakers are loud... In the 2013 I loved the galaxy s4 for its specs, for the camera and the design. It was and it still is a beautiful phone with ( in 2013 ) high-end hardware and I think that if you have a galaxy s4 I think you shouldn't switch. If you want a galaxy s5 LTE-A you can buy it by 28mobile.com

• display
  • big screen
  • snapdragon 800(801) 2,5GHZ
  • 2GB RAM
  • hearth rate monitor
  • IP67
  • USB 3.0

Cons

• design
  • build quality
  • touchwiz
  • less free storage than other flagship

FilippoBriganti alternatives:

pmdpaula
posted on 30 Jul 2014, 07:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

Wonderfull

pmdpaula has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have using the family Galaxy S since the first model (S1, S2, S3, S4 and now S5), and I don't have anything I can say that I doesn't like on it.
I think this last change was the best because my feelings are that I gain more performance from S4 to S5.

aravindsbabu
posted on 18 Jul 2014, 13:40 (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)

I'm Happy and content with it

aravindsbabu has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

People who want to buy this phone, just go ahead and buy it. You may hear S5 is slow, S5 is ugly etc etc..

As Samsung is a Big D*CK playa in the smartphone industry it is all but natural to get crticism from all sides and fanboyism takes that critcism to trolling.

Is S5 slow- What about LG G3, its much more jerkier than the S5 ( much evident in most of the YouTube videos)
IS the design monotonous or ugly- Look at Lumia devices, all are the same ALWAYS , 520 525 720 820 920 everything... Xperia devices - same good design implemented for years, and the whole metal thing is good but over hyped. Other materials can be good too..

Build quality 10/10 The super light-weighted construction, and extremely comforting dotted back is a welcome shift away from monotonous plastic and the quote quote "metal design". The chrome trimmed bezels on the borders and the home button is certainly eye catchy
Reception 9/10 No problem here.. Added LTE functionality is good.
Call quality 9/10 Pretty clear
Internet 9/10 Good,no problem here. The only thing slowing me down is the damn network. :P
Multimedia 8/10 Due to the superb screen one should say that it's a multimedia powerhouse, but it's not, because of the speaker. It's very powerful AT THE HIGHEST VOLUME, so powerful that the back cover vibrates and is uncomfortable to use without a case. Video player and music player are all fine, plays almost everything.
Camera 8/10 At good light- Cream of the crop At low light- The quality degrades exponentially ONLY when compared to the other creme-de-la-creme who has OIS. Because from a flagship we always expect more, and DSLR's spoiled me.
UI speed 8/10 All the AWESOME features that makes Samsung a Samsung comes at a cost. And we had it coming. Is it acceptable- YES, But when HTC releases a phone(m8) with a custom skin, which is snappier than the nexus 5 , we know that Samsung can improve on this department
Everyday usage 9/10 Great alarm app, it has all the needed features of the award winning Timely alarm app, and it was implemented a long time ago Messaging, Contacts, phone are all good.Wth cool features.
Text input 9/10 Samsung's keyboard is good, but i prefer Swiftkey
Display 10/10 Displaymate, Phonearena, Androidauthority, Cnet, Engadget, all have expressed the same thing. " best smartphone display till date" But they could have included the screen tech(accurate colours) used in Galaxy Tab S, in S5 also..
Battery 10/10 WOW, Kicks ass. Even when below 10% :P

Pros

• AMOLED
  • Among the best in outdoor photography
  • New and much more sleek Touchwiz
  • Design ( Personal preference dont even think about trolling)
  • Punchy Visually aesthetic Display
  • Water-resistant
  • Multwindow

Cons

• Back cover vibrates at highest volume
  • Finger scanner- It was simply rushed into production and hence some what a failure
  • UI choppiness- but can be nullified using some easy tweaks

Starz5761
posted on 07 Jul 2014, 09:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)

Good High-End phone

Starz5761 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I like this phone. Camera very good. Water resistant and dust proof very good.
Fingerprint scanner good. Battery life very good. Display quality exelent. 2 year warrantee. LTE very fast. Front camera quality not bad.

Pros

• Good display
  • Water resistant Dust proof
  • Good speaker
  • Awesome camera
  • Fast charging
  • Long battery life.
  • SD card slot
  • LTE

Cons

• No have.

Starz5761 alternatives: