Samsung Galaxy S5 User Reviews

Text input9.2/10
Everyday usage9.4/10
UI speed8.9/10

aravindsbabu
posted on 18 Jul 2014, 13:40 (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)

I'm Happy and content with it

aravindsbabu has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

People who want to buy this phone, just go ahead and buy it. You may hear S5 is slow, S5 is ugly etc etc..

As Samsung is a Big D*CK playa in the smartphone industry it is all but natural to get crticism from all sides and fanboyism takes that critcism to trolling.

Is S5 slow- What about LG G3, its much more jerkier than the S5 ( much evident in most of the YouTube videos)
IS the design monotonous or ugly- Look at Lumia devices, all are the same ALWAYS , 520 525 720 820 920 everything... Xperia devices - same good design implemented for years, and the whole metal thing is good but over hyped. Other materials can be good too..

Build quality 10/10 The super light-weighted construction, and extremely comforting dotted back is a welcome shift away from monotonous plastic and the quote quote "metal design". The chrome trimmed bezels on the borders and the home button is certainly eye catchy
Reception 9/10 No problem here.. Added LTE functionality is good.
Call quality 9/10 Pretty clear
Internet 9/10 Good,no problem here. The only thing slowing me down is the damn network. :P
Multimedia 8/10 Due to the superb screen one should say that it's a multimedia powerhouse, but it's not, because of the speaker. It's very powerful AT THE HIGHEST VOLUME, so powerful that the back cover vibrates and is uncomfortable to use without a case. Video player and music player are all fine, plays almost everything.
Camera 8/10 At good light- Cream of the crop At low light- The quality degrades exponentially ONLY when compared to the other creme-de-la-creme who has OIS. Because from a flagship we always expect more, and DSLR's spoiled me.
UI speed 8/10 All the AWESOME features that makes Samsung a Samsung comes at a cost. And we had it coming. Is it acceptable- YES, But when HTC releases a phone(m8) with a custom skin, which is snappier than the nexus 5 , we know that Samsung can improve on this department
Everyday usage 9/10 Great alarm app, it has all the needed features of the award winning Timely alarm app, and it was implemented a long time ago Messaging, Contacts, phone are all good.Wth cool features.
Text input 9/10 Samsung's keyboard is good, but i prefer Swiftkey
Display 10/10 Displaymate, Phonearena, Androidauthority, Cnet, Engadget, all have expressed the same thing. " best smartphone display till date" But they could have included the screen tech(accurate colours) used in Galaxy Tab S, in S5 also..
Battery 10/10 WOW, Kicks ass. Even when below 10% :P

Pros

• AMOLED
  • Among the best in outdoor photography
  • New and much more sleek Touchwiz
  • Design ( Personal preference dont even think about trolling)
  • Punchy Visually aesthetic Display
  • Water-resistant
  • Multwindow

Cons

• Back cover vibrates at highest volume
  • Finger scanner- It was simply rushed into production and hence some what a failure
  • UI choppiness- but can be nullified using some easy tweaks

Starz5761
posted on 07 Jul 2014, 09:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)

Good High-End phone

Starz5761 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I like this phone. Camera very good. Water resistant and dust proof very good.
Fingerprint scanner good. Battery life very good. Display quality exelent. 2 year warrantee. LTE very fast. Front camera quality not bad.

Pros

• Good display
  • Water resistant Dust proof
  • Good speaker
  • Awesome camera
  • Fast charging
  • Long battery life.
  • SD card slot
  • LTE

Cons

• No have.

Starz5761 alternatives:

pritamraj18
posted on 02 Jul 2014, 12:09 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 May 2013)

The Phone which made me switch from Sony to Samsung

pritamraj18 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was a SONY maniac since the last 7years. This is the phone which made me change my mind to switch to Samsung. Had the option to buy Z2 or S5, & I got the S5. Its been a month since I have been using this phone, and I am very happy with all the features it provides. I must say, that am pretty much impressed by the Display, Screensize, Camera, battery backup and water proofness of the device

Build quality 10/10 Feels Awesome when held for daily usage. Now I can easily go out in the rain, without being worried about my phone.
Reception 9/10 Good reception
Call quality 8/10 Voice quality is somewhat noisy, but totally audible due to its high output
Internet 9/10 Browsing is very fast and very easily accessible
Multimedia 9/10 Music and videos are very enjoyable to hear and watch.
Camera 10/10 Best camera till so far. Compared it with Z2, and it outmatched Z2 in all aspects
UI speed 9/10 UI is a little laggy, due to so many features in the TouchWiz. Still its a new UI experience switching from Sony to Samsung, so loving it a lot.
Everyday usage 10/10 Very easy to use and handle for someone like me, who most of the times has to use it single handedly.
Text input 10/10 Texting and chatting is very comfortable
Display 10/10 Awesome display. Its just the perfect phone for me.
Battery 10/10 Battery life is another best feature of this phone along with the Power Saving Mode, Gray Scale Mode, and not to forget Ultra Power Saving Mode. Most importantly the phone gets charged within 2-2.5hrs, which is very useful for someone like me.

Pros

• Excellent Camera
  • Beautiful Display
  • Brilliant Battery Backup
  • Minimum Charging Time
  • Water and Dust Proof
  • Perfect screensize
  • Pretty Fast

Cons

• UI is a bit laggy

jdks87
posted on 19 Jun 2014, 21:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)

Greatest Smartphone in the GALAXY!

jdks87 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I just switched from iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S5 and I am loving this phone. Main reason why I switched from the iPhone 5S is because the battery burned and eventually ended up dying on me. So I decided that I am tired of Apple's poor battery life and decided to try out the Galaxy. This phone is what you can actually call a smartphone. Apple is a very simple phone that you can't do much on. On Android phones in general, you have more freedom and can actually get more out of your phone whereas on the iPhone, you're very limited on what you can do. This phone is great, and I will not ever be returning to Apple.

Build quality 10/10 Feels great in my hands. It is thin, and very light.
Reception 10/10 Never had a problem with reception.
Call quality 10/10 I can hear perfectly and the other person can hear perfectly. Call quality is just GREAT.
Internet 10/10 4G LTE is great. Compared to iPhone, it is much FASTER
Multimedia 10/10 Its great quality music. Earphones feel very high quality.
Camera 10/10 16 Megapixels? WOW. 2X more than the iPhone. Camera quality is great. I can zoom in and even see the dust.
UI speed 10/10 FAST. Very Fast.
Everyday usage 10/10 Very Convenient. Widgets and everything make the phone very easy to use on a normally day basis.
Text input 10/10 Bigger keyboard = more typing space! Less typos for me!
Display 10/10 Display is just great. I think its more clear than my eye sight itself.
Battery 10/10 I never have to charge my phone until I go to bed! When I had my iPhone, I had to bring my charger to work, but with the Galaxy, I don't need to charge until bed time!

squidy
posted on 02 Jun 2014, 20:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jun 2014)

This is my first smartphone...

squidy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

...so maybe I'm just a bit dazzled, and won't be able to give as sophisticated a review as Darahh2001, but I am seriously loving this phone. It does more than I was ever expecting, and it does it so much better than I ever would have thought. I'm pretty sure my life has instantly become way better organized. It's even got me spending LESS time on the Internet, because I know I can check anything any time, so I no longer hesitate to walk away from the computer. So if, like me, you're the last of your friends to have a "dumbphone" and you're wondering whether to switch: go for it, you won't regret it. However, the thing I love the most is that this phone is massively customizable. (It would actually be kind of ridiculous if I didn't LOVE customization.) Every day I'm finding ways to make the phone work better for me. So that's another plus: no matter what your style is, you'll be able to make the phone work the way you want it to. Also, the size is perfect. Big enough to see everything without being too big. (However I have medium-large hands.)

I'll give it a 10 overall, because it does everything I need very effectively, and while not every aspect is 100% perfect, I don't see how a phone could realistically be made better than this at this current time!

Build quality 9/10 I don't know... it's a phone. I don't know much about judging build quality in electronics. I was however very impressed with the little waterproof seal, it is very well designed. I've seen people complain about the texture and the fact that the phone is plastic. Do you really want a metal phone??? Wouldn't it be way too susceptible to temperature, condensation, electricity, magnetism, dents... everything..??? come on, I'm sure the engineers thought of that.
Reception 10/10 Zero problems so far!
Call quality 9/10 I have had no difficulty understanding calls from anyone. And the background noise blocker seems to work very well. When I was standing 6 feet in front of a man playing bagpipes, the person on the other end could barely hear it.
Internet 8/10 Pretty nice, Chrome is fast and easy and I like how the tabs work. I guess the issues I have are with the non-phone-friendly design of the websites themselves.. I don't know what Samsung/Google/whatever could do about that. But I think they could do something. They've shown me it's possible!
Multimedia 9/10 I mostly use the Google play books app, hahaha. That one works fantastic, I no longer desire a Kindle. As for music, I'm not a sound quality snob but it sounds just fine to me. And video is clear and easy to watch, but I still prefer a big screen for that.
Camera 7/10 I LOVE the touch-to-focus. And the clarity of the pictures and video in bright sunlight, including super close-up, is spectacular. That aspect is 10/10. But with shadow and low light the pictures can be grainy or the contrast badly balanced. (I can't believe I rated this lowest, it's practically my favorite feature of the phone. But its also the one that shows the most room for improvement, IMO. )
UI speed 9/10 Immediately responsive, no noticeable lag. (Well, it hitches a bit on some larger transitions, but it causes no noticeable waiting. Most things are perfectly smooth though.)
Everyday usage 10/10 Absolutely more and better than I was ever expecting. They've done a fantastic job of making everything very easy on a pocket-sized screen.
Text input 8/10 Much easier than I thought. Not always perfect, but better than I was expecting.
Display 10/10 Incredible. The auto-adjust for the colors and brightness is always spot on. (Except in a very dark room, then I do turn the brightness down manually.) I have been reading books on it, it's very easy on the eyes. Everything is very clear, and video is spectacular.
Battery 9/10 The battery can last about 2 days for me, using it on the bus for 20 minutes in the morning and at night, and some use at lunch and at home. (Not much while working, I don't have a desk job.) I used it on power-saving mode for a 3 day camping trip and it did not die. It was still at 20-30%. I also love the option for ultra-power-saving mode! While it restricts most features, it doesn't restrict the usefulness of the phone's most important features.

Pros

• water/dust resistant!!!!
  • Amazing camera capabilities
  • Can use all features of the phone while making a call (is this standard? I love it.)
  • Nothing to compare it to, but I love the OS

Cons

• Settings slightly difficult to navigate
  • Verizon's voicemail program for this phone is the same as for my first flip phone, and can't be replaced by a different app :|

exynus
posted on 30 May 2014, 07:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 May 2014)

not diference beetwin other samsung phones!

exynus has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

good display and camera... repetitious sense and just have many fans! this should increase the build quality Otherwise it's just a BRAND Samsung! I'm satisfied from my samsung phone but in compared whit other phone like LG & HTC has big Regression...

Build quality 2/10 repetitious build quality of body

kiran07
posted on 30 May 2014, 00:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 May 2014)

samsung galaxy s5 gives smart user experinece

kiran07 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am using samsung galaxy s5 and its just awesome phone with superb features. I love its camera. It gives excellent picture quality a.d water resistant design and fingerprint security access and many more features. You can check all its features here.

Pros

• water resistant design, fingerprint security access

Cons

• nothing

a.kalantari
posted on 28 May 2014, 14:55 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 May 2013)

gs5

a.kalantari has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Overall is best update Big S4 but but brightness this Phone is Perefct and very very better of S4 and this design is cool! i work today by Galaxy S5 just can say Galaxy S 5 without Difficult battery is very Good . Touchwiz new is beauty and faster and Simple Best smartphone is display kill for all device ,Display Galaxy S5 Is Pure and without Rival Overall word : Galaxy S 5 is King Android!

HawtProperty09
posted on 18 May 2014, 11:40 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Exynos Version.

HawtProperty09 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hey Guys. Having used the phone for about a month, I can say it is one of the best devices on the market. Yeah, it has got competition, but it is an amazing device in its own respect.
The phone is very good in practical usage. Yes it is still plastic but believe me in the back, it doesn't feel anything like plastic. While holding it in the palm, it really feels nice.
On the front, the Full HD Amoled panel, is the best screen I have ever seen on any smartphone. It is bright, it is crisp, has good viewing angles, easily to use in the sun, and with the adapt display turned on in the display settings, it gives you really great results.
Then about the speed of the phone, while I had these issues with my S4, an after using the Snapdragon 800 powered Xperia Z1, I had a doubt in my mind, that it may not be that much snappy, but the Exynos version has come a long way, and I must say the Exynos Octa 5422 in the Galaxy S5 is on par with Snapdragon Soc's. Be it any app, or any heavy gaming or stuff that you do, the S5 handles it with ease. Also the 2 Gigs of RAM provide great multitasking.
Talking about the features, the fingerprint scanner is extremely useful, I use it as my lockscreen as now no need to remember those long pins or passwords, or making those irritating patterns again and again. Just swipe your finger, and there you are. Also quite useful for payments. In all the fingerprint scanner is very useful.
Also the heart-rate monitor is okay, well it is a useful feature but hey...

Build quality 9/10 An ergonomic device. Yes it is plastic, but the so called perforated back of the S5 and what Sammy calls the glam look, it is really good. It feels really good in the hand. The back of the phone really feels soft and when the light falls, and when it shimmers. It really looks that damn good!
Call quality 7/10 Call quality is just good. It is not the best, but not that bad either.
Internet 9/10 Browsing the web, downloading content and other stuff related to the internet are really great. Be it the stock Samsung browser or the Chrome browser, both work extremely great.
Multimedia 9/10 Offers really great multimedia support. Great device for watching movies on the superb Full HD Amoled panel, also it has a good music player which I think is 2nd best to the Walkman on the Xperia devices. But all in all multimedia experience on the phone is really good, and also a very versatile codec support.
Camera 9/10 Featuring a 1/2.3 size sensor, and an f2.2 aperture, the camera yields great results. Photos come out crisp, true to life, detailed, punchy, with accurate colors. Also Video recording capabilities are also very good, be it the Full HD or the mighty 4K mode.
UI speed 9/10 The UI works real fine. Nothing like the laggy S4, it is smoother. Loading times of apps is faster, the Touchwiz launcher is very much better than the past. Yes it lags sometimes, but hey that happens very rarely! Overall, the Galaxy S5 is fast and snappy. Totally satisfied.
Everyday usage 9/10 Great screen, great camera, great features,good UI, fingerprint scanner and the list goes on and on and on. All in all, I will just say the phone is very good in everyday usage.
Text input 9/10 The text input is very good. The keyboard is the best keyboard that I feel on any phone has on the market. Text typing is very easy, it is fast and snappy and also has amounts of options to tweek in stuff here and there.
Display 9/10 The display is crisp and has great viewing angles. The colors are very much pleasing to the eye. Watching videos on this display is a dream. Also, even after being an Amoled panel, it offers great usability in the sun as the screen is very bright making it easy to use in the sun. Also at the same time, minimum brightness can go as low as 2 nits, making it very comfortable to use in the dark.
Battery 8/10 A good battery endurance offered by the device. I usually charge my device in the morning, and it lasts throughout the day, with heavy web browsing, listening music and casual gaming. All in all the 2800 Mah battery offers great life.

Pros

• Great camera.
  • Great multimedia support.
  • Fingerprint scanner.
  • Best screen on the market.
  • Powerful Octa-Core processor with healthy 2 Gigs of RAM.
  • Good battery life.
  • IP 67 rated, meaning water & dust resistant.
  • Great support for future android updates after the nexus devices.

Cons

• Heating issues while playing games for long.
  • The UI gets a bit laggy sometimes. Very rare actually, but considering a phone like this, it shouldn't even happen once according to me.

HawtProperty09 alternatives:

clirim
posted on 14 May 2014, 18:52 (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)

works like a charm

clirim has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Haters gona hate,It works very smoth there are a lot o features that everybody will be surpised and grateful that samsung has put to make ojr lives easyer and better.You can set it as one handed operation for easy use with one hand ,the display is wonderful very rich in color,the 2.5ghz procesor just dont recognize lag ,its just like says "bring it on its all that yo got". Let me tell you about build quality, it is far better than aluminium metal, it feels so good in the hand that i cant find a word to describe it, there are more chances to slip from a hand an alumjnium metal build phone than this that have used Samsung. They are not fools that have used this material in the back. Im very thenkful ti samsung and gretful that they made such a gret device. Thanks.

Build quality 10/10 Feels good and its not slipery
Reception 10/10 Very smoth i love it
Call quality 10/10 Very standartised, voice is clear and lodlud.
Internet 10/10 Download booster made my life easyer
Multimedia 10/10 Great sound quality
Camera 10/10 Best of the best i like hdr feature
UI speed 10/10 No problems till now no lag
Everyday usage 10/10 You can have it as phone, camera,multimedia fitness,isnt this great for everyday usage
Text input 10/10 Very precise,im satisfied
Display 10/10 Great in sun outdoors and indoors
Battery 10/10 Last for all day long, ultra power saving mode is feature to have everg phone,it saves lives.

• Fast processor
  • lots of ram
  • sharp display even in direct sunlight
  • design
  • feels good in the hand and non slipery as aluminum metal

Cons

clirim alternatives:

newuser
posted on 13 May 2014, 08:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 May 2014)

best....phone....ever......justshutupnow

newuser has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is pretty awsome. The size feels great I am coming from a note 3 and was a little concerned that i would miss that screen size but i actually like this better. The display is honestly the best I've seen in a phone before and all the features are pretty amazing as well

nsnikhil
posted on 03 May 2014, 13:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 May 2014)

Wished i would have rather bought a new laptop instead

nsnikhil has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Not up to the mark, the build quality is bad especially compared to htc one or even nexus 5, the finger print scanner is good idea implemented in a bad way,and the speaker are super tiny, the worst of all touchwiz.

shiraz88
posted on 02 May 2014, 09:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 May 2014)

Not bad

shiraz88 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Darsht place that really offers something different to the htc also ridiculed even hurt.
The build quality of Samsung phones is really strange and has always insisted on making phones with plastic casing!
With the introduction of the fingerprint hacking advised not to use the camera in 4k mode and not try its waterproof properties, the say wont.

Pros

• display
  • Sensors

Cons

• Build quality
  • The fingerprint conditions
  • The state of being waterproof
  • gprs & edge
  • 2 GB RAM

eboston
posted on 24 Apr 2014, 06:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)

Great phone!!!

eboston has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

JewishMan
posted on 23 Apr 2014, 16:56 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)

Descent upgrade over my S4

JewishMan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Very pleased with the Galaxy S5 so far. The display is a big improvement and the battery lasts a lot longer than the S4 even tho the battery is barely bigger. I dont notice a huge difference in the camera quality other than the upgraded HDR mode and the 4k video mode. I am loving the back cover of this phone too, it has a good feel. I wish the fingerprint sensor was on the back where the heartbeat sensor is, but oh well. Its just tough to use it with one hand. All in all though, Samsung nailed it this year!

ed72013
posted on 21 Apr 2014, 15:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Apr 2014)

Amazing phone!

ed72013 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

For any busy student in school, this takes care of your busy day with ease. :) Right now, this phone is penny for penny the best one out there in the market. Everything in its operating system runs flawlessly on the 2.5 Ghz quad-core processor. Many of my friends own iPhones but, this phone will stand out from all right now.

bbslimer
posted on 17 Apr 2014, 22:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)

Impressed

bbslimer has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a great phone so far. I have had motorolla's for the last few and they were great. The last samsung I had was terrible (GLYDE). So I was reluctant to get another, but WOW, this is a great phone. I love the screen, the camera, how fast it is. I'm not sure what others think of the finger print scanner, but I think it is easily workable but not as easy as the iPhone. The only major issue is that I wish it had better call quality. However the call quality is good enough that I wouldn't consider exchanging it for anything else. Also, loving the kids mode.

Build quality 9/10 Doesn't feel as solid as other phones I have had but not bad. Too Light and slips in the hand.
Reception 9/10 No problems with reception
Call quality 7/10 Not as good as my previous phone but I can hear well enough. This is one area where the phone could use improvement.
Internet 10/10 Great on internet
Multimedia 10/10 Great multi media capability
Camera 10/10 Love the camera. Pplay with settings to make it work faster. Have a young son ad its a great phone for recording and taking pics.
UI speed 10/10 Fantastic speed
Everyday usage 10/10 Love it so far. Day to day its great.
Text input 8/10 Pretty good text in put. Not the best not the worst but it does the job.
Display 10/10 AMAZING
Battery 10/10 AMAZING!!! I go days without charging. My old phone needed a mid day pick me up, so going to a phone that lasts me up to 3 days on charge is awesome.

• Kids Mode
  • Responsiveness
  • Waterproof

Cons

• A little slick to hold

butteredjelly
posted on 17 Apr 2014, 06:05 (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)

Amazing phone, but it could be better.

butteredjelly has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Amazing phone. That's about it. Probably the best phone out there. But it still could be better. I couldn't find the internet browser for instance. I have Verizon, so I don't know if they took it off or something? But it's not there. And I don't use Chrome. Or any others. I like the Samsung browser. I'm a bit disappointed it's not even on a Samsung phone.

Internet 7/10 I couldn't even find the Samsung default browser. Anywhere. No link on any of the stores, not an app for it, nowhere.
Text input 9/10 Keys a little too small for my liking.

jadjr
posted on 16 Apr 2014, 11:50 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)

Just Perfect

jadjr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've been using this phone for some days. Ans it's just perfect. Really pleased with my choice. I've got to play with the HTC One M8 , and believe me, even thought it's a premium phone, the galaxy s5 beats it hands down when it comes to its comfortable feels. Higher speed, more vibrant screen, better camera, more usefull features,ans most importantly a better battery life, which a really important thing for me . And let us not mention the faster WiFi , 4g and 3g connection available on this phone . So this is it. :)

kjr5192
posted on 15 Apr 2014, 09:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)

Wow! Unbelievable battery life!

kjr5192 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Been using GS5 for almost a week now and here are my impressions:

PROS
-Fingerprint sensor works quite well. Now that I'm used to it, my success rate is about 80 to 90%
-After a full day (18 hrs) of intense use, the battery is still typically at 40%
-Camera is excellent
-Feels soft, comfortable, and grippy in the hand
-Screen is unbelievable
-Used it while walking for 20 minutes in the rain. Received a thorough soaking and still worked perfectly
-S Health is extremely useful. It's interesting to see how many miles I walk (and calories burned) in a typical day. It creates graphs with your data to track activity, calories, and weight over time, which has proven to be good motivation for me.
-Android is extremely refreshing and fun after using IOS for the past 6 months (my opinion)
-The biggest pro of all is the swappable battery. Most users only purchase new phones every two years, unfortunately batteries become almost unusable after a year or so. It's easy to throw around buzz words like "metal unibody" and "premium design" but at the end of the day, you're probably going to put a case on it anyway and when the battery is shot after a year who cares how it looks?
-The "Smart Remote" is amazing and incredibly useful
-Ultra-power saving mode works very well. I used it for a full day, and the battery only went down by 10%
-The one-handed operation mode is pretty handy. It can be enabled by simply swiping the screen in a certain way, and adjusted to fit any size hand....

whiteplatano
posted on 15 Apr 2014, 00:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)

I don't know why people complain about this phone

whiteplatano has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall this phone isn't perfect but it is nearly perfect. Build quality isn't the best but it totally isn't bad. Smoothness and cameras are prime features. And don't get me started on the battery which is amazing. I can last a full day easily

• performance

Cons

• heartbeat sensor a bit gimmicky

Cha7520
posted on 14 Apr 2014, 22:08 (Posts: 206; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)

Excellent Phone!

Cha7520 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The best built Samsung phone ever! The 16MP Camera is just amazing. And OMG....this Battery!! Where do I even begin!! LOL. This 2800 battery is CRAZY!!! 10 + hours of use and I was at 75%! Awesome!! Overall I'm satisfied with this phone. The only thing is sometimes...once in a blue moon, the UI freezes up just for a second.

Build quality 9/10 Finally a Galaxy phone that can stand up to the harsh elements and drops!
Battery 10/10 OMG!!! Unbelievable! 10 hours of use and I'm at 75%..this is CRAZY!!!

Pros

• Camera is awesome!!!
  • The battery on this thing is AMAZING!!

Cons

• Still not as smooth as Nexus phones!

alexlewmc
posted on 13 Apr 2014, 09:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Apr 2014)

alexlewmc

alexlewmc has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this new samsung galaxy s5 dun have so many improve but this smartphone have a few of reason to buy.First one,this galaxy s5 is water resistant andthen s5 have finger print.more information pls go to check thank you

Pros

• huge screen and water resistant

Android
posted on 12 Apr 2014, 23:12 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Dec 2010)

worth upgrading to!

Android has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was debating on why I should or should not upgrade, but I'm glad I did. This phone is awesome. It's fast, battery life is really good and it's not too big for my pockets. It's just perfect for my hands. I know lots of people with little hands complain about not being able to hold phones with 5 inch screens. I would definitely recommend this phone to people that are OK with 5 inch screen phones. Love the Galaxy phones.

Pros

• Fast, slim, very good camera

Cons

Android alternatives:

dlaxer47
posted on 12 Apr 2014, 21:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Apr 2014)

The phone to copy

dlaxer47 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

After the first couple of days I haven't had one problem which is more than I can say for any other phone. It's more waterproof than advertised and the back feels very nice in the hand. The ability to add expandable storage is great and is blazing fast. Android and TouchWiz finally work togather. Excellent phone, only reason it didn't get a ten is because I'm comparing the battery to the note 3.

• Very water resistant