Samsung Galaxy S5 User Reviews

Internet9.2/10
Call quality9.2/10
Battery9.2/10

baghdadguy
posted on 10 Dec 2014, 16:54 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Oct 2014)

Great Phone with a lot of features

baghdadguy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great Phone with a lot of features , great camera , great performance , great display ,
but the design is a bit similar to most galaxy devices , and the battery life is ok but not great .
i like the touchwiz but its better to get smoother UI

Pros

• great experince
  • useful features
  • great camera

Cons

• the same galaxy design laguage

ianchoi
posted on 04 Dec 2014, 21:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Dec 2014)

ianchoi has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Very quick and has a nice display. I love the camera and I thinknow the whole phone is worth it's price and is very durable. I will have it for 2 years and I feel like it is going to last it. The battery is great and charges very quickly. It does feel a little cheap but does not look bad at all. It actually loves quite nice. It is a very nice and comfortable phone. I will say that this is a great phone and I recommend you to get this nice phone. It calls very well with nothing that bothers it. It had a great signal and is easy to use.

FluffyBled
posted on 13 Nov 2014, 03:54 (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)

Great Phone!

FluffyBled has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It's a great phone! It's the king of Android devices. Only people who try to draw attention would hate on it! And as for iPhone ... it's never been close to either Samsung HTC or the other High-End Android devices!

Build quality 10/10 The build design is great! One doesn't buy a phone to drop it so aluminium is not necessary! Also I love the leather-like back
UI speed 10/10 Most of people like to hate on TouchWiz .. but it's the best UI out there and all these features might result in milliseconds of difference between devices but you save minutes using these features, just think about it. Also the processor can handle it great
Text input 10/10 Awesome!
Battery 10/10 The battery is good enough for me ... Charge at night and use it all day (At the end of the day i have 20% remaining!

Pros

• Tons of features!

Cons

FluffyBled alternatives:

Bhaskar546
posted on 03 Nov 2014, 05:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Nov 2014)

Nice mobile packed with lot of features

Bhaskar546 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have compared S5 Octa Core phone with Xperia Z2 before buying, there are many features that cannt reach to S5. Camera clarity is superb eventhough it is 16MP. Sound clarity, Display, fingure print swipe and good performance no hanging with 2GB of RAM. Iam very happy with this mobile, i encourage people to have alook at it. And in this mobile Home, multiple window and back buttons are not part of screen.

Camera 10/10 Camera quality is awesome, even Z2 or Z3 also not comparable.

Jsu1222
posted on 02 Nov 2014, 05:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Nov 2014)

Best I've ever used or owned

Jsu1222 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

In the past year I have owned almost every flagship phone that has been released.I am an avid smartphone enthusiast. When I'm not playing with my phone, I am reading articals about phones. I am more than qualified to give a phone review. All that being said, this phone is the best phone I have ever used. It literally does everything possible that a smartphone can do and it exicutes it all flawlessly. As of right now, the thought of holding on to this phone for a couple years doesn't bother me in the slightest. For me, that is saying alot. I am totally content and satisfied with this phone. It's an amazing device. I am shocked to see so many negative reviews about this phone.

Build quality 9/10 It made made of pls stove but it feels far from cheap. It's light and has great grip. They display is nothing short of beautiful.
Multimedia 10/10 It's blazing fast and offers multi window feature that allows multi tasking.
Text input 10/10 I use swiftkey and Fleksy.. Both work flawlessly on this phone
Display 10/10 Most beautiful display I've ever seen on a phone.
Battery 10/10 I'm an extreme power user and I still get a full day's charge..

Pros

• Great feel in hand, great user experience, blazing fast, best display I've ever seen, best camera I've ever used, great battery life.

Cons

• Only 16 gigs of native storage.

MickeyDorfling
posted on 31 Oct 2014, 22:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Oct 2014)

YEEEEEEEESSSS!

MickeyDorfling has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

If you're reading this review, you're probably searching all over the Internet to see whether the s5 is really that good. Well, let assure you, it's REALLY that good! I know it's pricy, but I can assure you that it's worth every cent! I upgraded from a blackberry Curve and I feel as though I'm using something meant to belong in 2025 with my S5

jimquinn23
posted on 21 Oct 2014, 22:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)

About 10 months with this phone now

jimquinn23 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

After moving from the galaxy s3 to this phone, its simply incredible. I haven't noticed it slowing down at all. It still competes with the best of the best even months after its release. Its camera is incredible (16 megapixels) as well as its in camera settings. Can not find one con about this phone even after having it for so long

Build quality 10/10 Have not experienced any chips, or cracks on the phone.
Reception 10/10 I have never had one issue with reception
Call quality 10/10 No issues with call quality, i can always hear and people can always hear me clearly even on the windiest of days
Internet 10/10 Speeds up to 150mb/s the internet is incredibly fast and have never had an issue with it.
Multimedia 10/10 Great Screen for viewing, headphone jack and loud phone speaker
Camera 10/10 AMAZING camera, 16mps, fast shooting, hdr is incredible, 1080p and 4k video are perfect. slow mo and fast motion video is available
UI speed 10/10 No lag ever
Everyday usage 10/10 Used it everyday for almost a month now, no problems ever
Text input 10/10 Fast and easy
Display 10/10 Screen gets incredibly bright and can also go down to 2 nits. 1080p is clear enough for this big 5.1 inch screen
Battery 10/10 Lasts all day everyday

Pros

• 5.1" 1080p screen
  • Big Battery
  • GPU is fast
  • CPU is fast
  • Camera (16mp)
  • Fits nicely in the hand
  • Thin design
  • Water resistant (IP67)
  • Finger print scanner
  • Great multi-tasking

lambo
posted on 13 Oct 2014, 16:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Oct 2014)

galaxy is the best

lambo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My Samsung Galaxy S5 is, without a doubt, one of the best purchases I have ever made. I've now owned it nearly 4 months now & have not one negative thing to say about it. I can't imagine any other phone being performing any better.it's very good and I can do everything with my galaxy.big screen is live and bright. UI work perfectly ans speed is good.

iphonerules23
posted on 03 Oct 2014, 19:45 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)

Best Phone in market to Buy

iphonerules23 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just love this phone Ultra power saving mode is just simply amzing.I live near Beach so this phone kinda suits me its waterproof phone .I had Iphone 5s but only thing i hate about that phone was horrible battary life thank god i upgraded to this gs 5 phone.

nino2010tiger
posted on 24 Sep 2014, 01:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Sep 2014)

Worst kind of phone

nino2010tiger has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone's new functions are useless and unnecessary. I don't recommend this phone. People said that this phone has an OK camera, it just actually made you up. Feels badly in hands and battery are died really fast. Bad quality. Can't compared to other smartphones. This phone is unstable and "blazing" slow. What are those large RAM be used for in these phones? I hardly used this "smart"phone.

CCGuy94
posted on 11 Sep 2014, 14:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Sep 2014)

HUGE upgrade!

CCGuy94 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Just got this GIANT a few weeks ago. LOVE IT. For the past 1.5 years up until a few weeks ago, I owned the Galaxy S2 so, obviously, when I got this phone, I couldn't believe it. LOVE LOVE LOVE how this phone is huge, compared to the Galaxy S2, because it's fits comfortably with my large hands. Other features that I love about it are (keep in mind I'm comparing it to the phone I used to own before the S5): longer battery life, brighter screen when under the sun, amazing camera quality, faster phone and internet performance and that little notification light on the top of the screen. I also appreciated the fact that Google Chrome was already set up as the default web browser when I first turned it on. I'm satisfied with this phone because it's mainly a huge upgrade for me and don't regret buying another phone that wasn't Galaxy.

Internet 10/10 Chrome is really fast.
Multimedia 10/10 Everything is organized

• Big Screen
  • Big Phone
  • Thin

jenklee06
posted on 27 Aug 2014, 20:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Aug 2014)

Fantastic phone all-around!!!

jenklee06 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

reyenrique
posted on 25 Aug 2014, 00:42 (Posts: 99; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)

it is a great phone

reyenrique has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

the quality of the phone is good the display is great and the camera is great plus battery is great the only thing l fine out is the sound or the call quality is fair . not good of this type of phone at all but the rest of this phone is great indeed

Pros

• well most everything is good

Cons

• the call quality is not quite good

NabeelRamadan
posted on 16 Aug 2014, 16:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)

Forget ALL the REST... THIS phone is the BEST :-)

NabeelRamadan has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Galaxy S5 absolutely is a premium, fast phone that I would buy and use every day. Its improvements over the Galaxy S4 add up to a smoother experience. The phone's high-quality camera won't let you down, there are plenty of features to keep you occupied, and the display is bright and beautiful. The water-resistant seals are an extra perk if you often head to the pool, hot tub, or beach.

Leonard-Davis
posted on 13 Aug 2014, 15:58 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)

Can't go wrong with this phone

Leonard-Davis has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I took a while to decide what phone to upgrade to. When the HTC one m8 came out I was positive that was the phone for me, I was very unimpressed with its camera. When thever s5 came out, I was disappointed in the gimmicks Samsung took with the phone. However, there are so many features on this phone that truly do improve the experience. Customizing the operating system is fantastic, and many of the internal software features come in handy often. I actually have grown to like the one handed use feature which shrinks the screen to what ever side your tub is on. Samsung does include useless other features, but they all work as advertised.

The camera is fantastic, I had an 8 mp camera on my last phone and this is truly better. Plus many of the features on the camera are fun and very useful. In deciding which phone to choose the camera was one of the most important to me and I am happy with the performance of this one.

Anyone who reads this should know that buying a flagship device will most often be an improvement over previous devices. I owned a motorola Droid bionic for 2 years, it served me well, but going from that to my Shiney GS5 feels like I moved from a record player to an ipod, or a pinto to a Lamborghini, or apartment to mansion. If you are moving off a two year contract like I did, any flagship device will be a vast improvement, justhe find features that are important to you and decide from there.

As a side note, I'm finding the battery life is excellent, batteries themselves...

Pros

• 1. Beautiful display.
  • 2. Great performance.
  • 3. Battery life has been improved.
  • 4. Improved design.
  • 5. Premium camera with lots of features.

Cons

• 1. The interface still feels cluttered.
  • 2. A lot of bloatware and redundancy.
  • 3. Only 16 GB of internal storage.

FilippoBriganti
posted on 03 Aug 2014, 07:19 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

only good

FilippoBriganti has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Amazing hardware, amazing camera and the best display I've never seen... Stop
Build quality: borderline
Design: quite good with a nice grip but the special thing is that this galaxy s5 is waterproof (IP67)... the speakers are loud... In the 2013 I loved the galaxy s4 for its specs, for the camera and the design. It was and it still is a beautiful phone with ( in 2013 ) high-end hardware and I think that if you have a galaxy s4 I think you shouldn't switch. If you want a galaxy s5 LTE-A you can buy it by 28mobile.com

• display
  • big screen
  • snapdragon 800(801) 2,5GHZ
  • 2GB RAM
  • hearth rate monitor
  • IP67
  • USB 3.0

Cons

• design
  • build quality
  • touchwiz
  • less free storage than other flagship

FilippoBriganti alternatives:

pmdpaula
posted on 30 Jul 2014, 07:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

Wonderfull

pmdpaula has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have using the family Galaxy S since the first model (S1, S2, S3, S4 and now S5), and I don't have anything I can say that I doesn't like on it.
I think this last change was the best because my feelings are that I gain more performance from S4 to S5.

aravindsbabu
posted on 18 Jul 2014, 13:40 (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)

I'm Happy and content with it

aravindsbabu has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

People who want to buy this phone, just go ahead and buy it. You may hear S5 is slow, S5 is ugly etc etc..

As Samsung is a Big D*CK playa in the smartphone industry it is all but natural to get crticism from all sides and fanboyism takes that critcism to trolling.

Is S5 slow- What about LG G3, its much more jerkier than the S5 ( much evident in most of the YouTube videos)
IS the design monotonous or ugly- Look at Lumia devices, all are the same ALWAYS , 520 525 720 820 920 everything... Xperia devices - same good design implemented for years, and the whole metal thing is good but over hyped. Other materials can be good too..

Build quality 10/10 The super light-weighted construction, and extremely comforting dotted back is a welcome shift away from monotonous plastic and the quote quote "metal design". The chrome trimmed bezels on the borders and the home button is certainly eye catchy
Reception 9/10 No problem here.. Added LTE functionality is good.
Call quality 9/10 Pretty clear
Internet 9/10 Good,no problem here. The only thing slowing me down is the damn network. :P
Multimedia 8/10 Due to the superb screen one should say that it's a multimedia powerhouse, but it's not, because of the speaker. It's very powerful AT THE HIGHEST VOLUME, so powerful that the back cover vibrates and is uncomfortable to use without a case. Video player and music player are all fine, plays almost everything.
Camera 8/10 At good light- Cream of the crop At low light- The quality degrades exponentially ONLY when compared to the other creme-de-la-creme who has OIS. Because from a flagship we always expect more, and DSLR's spoiled me.
UI speed 8/10 All the AWESOME features that makes Samsung a Samsung comes at a cost. And we had it coming. Is it acceptable- YES, But when HTC releases a phone(m8) with a custom skin, which is snappier than the nexus 5 , we know that Samsung can improve on this department
Everyday usage 9/10 Great alarm app, it has all the needed features of the award winning Timely alarm app, and it was implemented a long time ago Messaging, Contacts, phone are all good.Wth cool features.
Text input 9/10 Samsung's keyboard is good, but i prefer Swiftkey
Display 10/10 Displaymate, Phonearena, Androidauthority, Cnet, Engadget, all have expressed the same thing. " best smartphone display till date" But they could have included the screen tech(accurate colours) used in Galaxy Tab S, in S5 also..
Battery 10/10 WOW, Kicks ass. Even when below 10% :P

Pros

• AMOLED
  • Among the best in outdoor photography
  • New and much more sleek Touchwiz
  • Design ( Personal preference dont even think about trolling)
  • Punchy Visually aesthetic Display
  • Water-resistant
  • Multwindow

Cons

• Back cover vibrates at highest volume
  • Finger scanner- It was simply rushed into production and hence some what a failure
  • UI choppiness- but can be nullified using some easy tweaks

Starz5761
posted on 07 Jul 2014, 09:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)

Good High-End phone

Starz5761 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I like this phone. Camera very good. Water resistant and dust proof very good.
Fingerprint scanner good. Battery life very good. Display quality exelent. 2 year warrantee. LTE very fast. Front camera quality not bad.

Pros

• Good display
  • Water resistant Dust proof
  • Good speaker
  • Awesome camera
  • Fast charging
  • Long battery life.
  • SD card slot
  • LTE

Cons

• No have.

Starz5761 alternatives:

pritamraj18
posted on 02 Jul 2014, 12:09 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 May 2013)

The Phone which made me switch from Sony to Samsung

pritamraj18 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was a SONY maniac since the last 7years. This is the phone which made me change my mind to switch to Samsung. Had the option to buy Z2 or S5, & I got the S5. Its been a month since I have been using this phone, and I am very happy with all the features it provides. I must say, that am pretty much impressed by the Display, Screensize, Camera, battery backup and water proofness of the device

Build quality 10/10 Feels Awesome when held for daily usage. Now I can easily go out in the rain, without being worried about my phone.
Reception 9/10 Good reception
Call quality 8/10 Voice quality is somewhat noisy, but totally audible due to its high output
Internet 9/10 Browsing is very fast and very easily accessible
Multimedia 9/10 Music and videos are very enjoyable to hear and watch.
Camera 10/10 Best camera till so far. Compared it with Z2, and it outmatched Z2 in all aspects
UI speed 9/10 UI is a little laggy, due to so many features in the TouchWiz. Still its a new UI experience switching from Sony to Samsung, so loving it a lot.
Everyday usage 10/10 Very easy to use and handle for someone like me, who most of the times has to use it single handedly.
Text input 10/10 Texting and chatting is very comfortable
Display 10/10 Awesome display. Its just the perfect phone for me.
Battery 10/10 Battery life is another best feature of this phone along with the Power Saving Mode, Gray Scale Mode, and not to forget Ultra Power Saving Mode. Most importantly the phone gets charged within 2-2.5hrs, which is very useful for someone like me.

Pros

• Excellent Camera
  • Beautiful Display
  • Brilliant Battery Backup
  • Minimum Charging Time
  • Water and Dust Proof
  • Perfect screensize
  • Pretty Fast

Cons

• UI is a bit laggy

jdks87
posted on 19 Jun 2014, 21:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)

Greatest Smartphone in the GALAXY!

jdks87 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I just switched from iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S5 and I am loving this phone. Main reason why I switched from the iPhone 5S is because the battery burned and eventually ended up dying on me. So I decided that I am tired of Apple's poor battery life and decided to try out the Galaxy. This phone is what you can actually call a smartphone. Apple is a very simple phone that you can't do much on. On Android phones in general, you have more freedom and can actually get more out of your phone whereas on the iPhone, you're very limited on what you can do. This phone is great, and I will not ever be returning to Apple.

Build quality 10/10 Feels great in my hands. It is thin, and very light.
Reception 10/10 Never had a problem with reception.
Call quality 10/10 I can hear perfectly and the other person can hear perfectly. Call quality is just GREAT.
Internet 10/10 4G LTE is great. Compared to iPhone, it is much FASTER
Multimedia 10/10 Its great quality music. Earphones feel very high quality.
Camera 10/10 16 Megapixels? WOW. 2X more than the iPhone. Camera quality is great. I can zoom in and even see the dust.
UI speed 10/10 FAST. Very Fast.
Everyday usage 10/10 Very Convenient. Widgets and everything make the phone very easy to use on a normally day basis.
Text input 10/10 Bigger keyboard = more typing space! Less typos for me!
Display 10/10 Display is just great. I think its more clear than my eye sight itself.
Battery 10/10 I never have to charge my phone until I go to bed! When I had my iPhone, I had to bring my charger to work, but with the Galaxy, I don't need to charge until bed time!

squidy
posted on 31 Aug 2014, 11:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jun 2014)

This is my first smartphone...

squidy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

...so maybe I'm just a bit dazzled and won't be able to give as sophisticated a review as some, but I am seriously loving this phone. It does more than I was ever expecting, and it does it so much better than I ever would have thought. I'm pretty sure my life has instantly become way better organized. It's even got me spending LESS time on the Internet, because I know I can check anything any time, so I no longer hesitate to walk away from the computer. So if, like me, you're the last of your friends to have a "dumbphone" and you're wondering whether to switch: go for it, you won't regret it. However, the thing I love the most is that this phone is massively customizable. (It would actually be kind of ridiculous if I didn't LOVE customization.) Every day I'm finding ways to make the phone work better for me. So that's another plus: no matter what your style is, you'll be able to make the phone work the way you want it to. Also, the size is perfect. Big enough to see everything without being too big. (However I have medium-large hands.)

I don't see how a phone could realistically be made better than this at this current time!

Build quality 9/10 I don't know... it's a phone. I don't know much about judging build quality in electronics. I was however very impressed with the little waterproof seal, it is very well designed. I've seen people complain about the texture and the fact that the phone is plastic. Do you really want a metal phone??? Wouldn't it be way too susceptible to temperature, condensation, electricity, magnetism, dents... everything..??? come on, I'm sure the engineers thought of that.
Reception 10/10 Zero problems so far!
Call quality 9/10 I have had no difficulty understanding calls from anyone. And the background noise blocker seems to work very well. When I was standing 6 feet in front of a man playing bagpipes, the person on the other end could barely hear it.
Internet 8/10 Pretty nice, Chrome is fast and easy and I like how the tabs work. I guess the issues I have are with the non-phone-friendly design of the websites themselves.. I don't know what Samsung/Google/whatever could do about that. But I think they could do something. They've shown me it's possible!
Multimedia 9/10 I mostly use the Google play books app, hahaha. That one works fantastic, I no longer desire a Kindle. As for music, I'm not a sound quality snob but it sounds just fine to me. And video is clear and easy to watch, but I still prefer a big screen for that.
Camera 8/10 I LOVE the touch-to-focus. And the clarity of the pictures and video in bright sunlight, including super close-up, is spectacular. That aspect is 10/10. But with shadow and low light the pictures can be grainy or the contrast badly balanced. [Edit: the HDR setting helps with the contrast a lot]
UI speed 8/10 Little bit of lag sometimes, but not enough to annoy.
Everyday usage 10/10 Absolutely more and better than I was ever expecting. They've done a fantastic job of making everything very easy on a pocket-sized screen.
Text input 9/10 Much easier than I thought. Not always perfect, but better than I was expecting.
Display 10/10 Incredible. The auto-adjust for the colors and brightness is always spot on. (Except in a very dark room, then I do turn the brightness down manually.) I have been reading books on it, it's very easy on the eyes. Everything is very clear, and video is spectacular.
Battery 8/10 The battery will last 1-2 days for me, using it on the bus for 20 minutes in the morning and at night, and some use at lunch and at home. It drains faster at my work because of bad reception and not-great wi-fi, while at home we have great wi-fi so it lasts ages. I used it on power-saving mode for a 3 day camping trip and it did not die. It was still at 20-30%. Turning on power-saving AND airplane mode, it will use 2% battery overnight, which is what I read is used on ultra-power-saving. (So you know the phone is doing basically nothing while the screen is off.) I also love that ultra-power-saving mode restricts most features but doesn't restrict the usefulness of the phone's most important features.

Pros

• water/dust resistant!!!!
  • Amazing camera capabilities
  • Can use all features of the phone while making a call (is this standard? I love it.)
  • Nothing to compare it to, but I love the OS

Cons

• Settings slightly difficult to navigate
  • Verizon's voicemail program for this phone is the same as for my first flip phone, and can't be replaced by a different app :|

kiran07
posted on 30 May 2014, 00:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 May 2014)

samsung galaxy s5 gives smart user experinece

kiran07 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am using samsung galaxy s5 and its just awesome phone with superb features. I love its camera. It gives excellent picture quality a.d water resistant design and fingerprint security access and many more features. You can check all its features here.

Pros

• water resistant design, fingerprint security access

Cons

• nothing

a.kalantari
posted on 28 May 2014, 14:55 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 May 2013)

gs5

a.kalantari has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Overall is best update Big S4 but but brightness this Phone is Perefct and very very better of S4 and this design is cool! i work today by Galaxy S5 just can say Galaxy S 5 without Difficult battery is very Good . Touchwiz new is beauty and faster and Simple Best smartphone is display kill for all device ,Display Galaxy S5 Is Pure and without Rival Overall word : Galaxy S 5 is King Android!

HawtProperty09
posted on 18 May 2014, 11:40 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Exynos Version.

HawtProperty09 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hey Guys. Having used the phone for about a month, I can say it is one of the best devices on the market. Yeah, it has got competition, but it is an amazing device in its own respect.
The phone is very good in practical usage. Yes it is still plastic but believe me in the back, it doesn't feel anything like plastic. While holding it in the palm, it really feels nice.
On the front, the Full HD Amoled panel, is the best screen I have ever seen on any smartphone. It is bright, it is crisp, has good viewing angles, easily to use in the sun, and with the adapt display turned on in the display settings, it gives you really great results.
Then about the speed of the phone, while I had these issues with my S4, an after using the Snapdragon 800 powered Xperia Z1, I had a doubt in my mind, that it may not be that much snappy, but the Exynos version has come a long way, and I must say the Exynos Octa 5422 in the Galaxy S5 is on par with Snapdragon Soc's. Be it any app, or any heavy gaming or stuff that you do, the S5 handles it with ease. Also the 2 Gigs of RAM provide great multitasking.
Talking about the features, the fingerprint scanner is extremely useful, I use it as my lockscreen as now no need to remember those long pins or passwords, or making those irritating patterns again and again. Just swipe your finger, and there you are. Also quite useful for payments. In all the fingerprint scanner is very useful.
Also the heart-rate monitor is okay, well it is a useful feature but hey...

Build quality 9/10 An ergonomic device. Yes it is plastic, but the so called perforated back of the S5 and what Sammy calls the glam look, it is really good. It feels really good in the hand. The back of the phone really feels soft and when the light falls, and when it shimmers. It really looks that damn good!
Call quality 7/10 Call quality is just good. It is not the best, but not that bad either.
Internet 9/10 Browsing the web, downloading content and other stuff related to the internet are really great. Be it the stock Samsung browser or the Chrome browser, both work extremely great.
Multimedia 9/10 Offers really great multimedia support. Great device for watching movies on the superb Full HD Amoled panel, also it has a good music player which I think is 2nd best to the Walkman on the Xperia devices. But all in all multimedia experience on the phone is really good, and also a very versatile codec support.
Camera 9/10 Featuring a 1/2.3 size sensor, and an f2.2 aperture, the camera yields great results. Photos come out crisp, true to life, detailed, punchy, with accurate colors. Also Video recording capabilities are also very good, be it the Full HD or the mighty 4K mode.
UI speed 9/10 The UI works real fine. Nothing like the laggy S4, it is smoother. Loading times of apps is faster, the Touchwiz launcher is very much better than the past. Yes it lags sometimes, but hey that happens very rarely! Overall, the Galaxy S5 is fast and snappy. Totally satisfied.
Everyday usage 9/10 Great screen, great camera, great features,good UI, fingerprint scanner and the list goes on and on and on. All in all, I will just say the phone is very good in everyday usage.
Text input 9/10 The text input is very good. The keyboard is the best keyboard that I feel on any phone has on the market. Text typing is very easy, it is fast and snappy and also has amounts of options to tweek in stuff here and there.
Display 9/10 The display is crisp and has great viewing angles. The colors are very much pleasing to the eye. Watching videos on this display is a dream. Also, even after being an Amoled panel, it offers great usability in the sun as the screen is very bright making it easy to use in the sun. Also at the same time, minimum brightness can go as low as 2 nits, making it very comfortable to use in the dark.
Battery 8/10 A good battery endurance offered by the device. I usually charge my device in the morning, and it lasts throughout the day, with heavy web browsing, listening music and casual gaming. All in all the 2800 Mah battery offers great life.

Pros

• Great camera.
  • Great multimedia support.
  • Fingerprint scanner.
  • Best screen on the market.
  • Powerful Octa-Core processor with healthy 2 Gigs of RAM.
  • Good battery life.
  • IP 67 rated, meaning water & dust resistant.
  • Great support for future android updates after the nexus devices.

Cons

• Heating issues while playing games for long.
  • The UI gets a bit laggy sometimes. Very rare actually, but considering a phone like this, it shouldn't even happen once according to me.

HawtProperty09 alternatives: