Samsung Galaxy S4 mini User Reviews

Camera8.9/10
Multimedia9.2/10
Internet8.3/10

IMTopGun1
posted on 27 Jul 2014, 17:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)

I Really Want To Like This Phone ...

IMTopGun1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

After seven months of frequently shutting itself off (it seemed like just when I was receiving an important call or text), I finally had enough when it wouldn't turn back on last week for almost 24hrs. Ended up calling Samsung customer service to have it sent back for warranty repairs (and was jerked around by a 'supervisor' named 'BJ' that sent my UPS label to some unknown email after telling me that Samsung doesn't even have to offer warranty repairs, but they do - like I was supposed to be grateful for being sold a faulty device!). This repair will determine if I ever buy another Samsung product again - being this is my 3rd cell and I own a couple of TV's and other appliances/computer accessories by Samsung, I'd say that I am a loyal repeat customer. I was totally appalled at how I was treated by 'customer service'(?) although online chat got the label sent to my email. I sure hope that Samsung's tech end can pull this out and salvage me as a customer or I'll end up selling this thing on eBay to try and offset my costs when I buy an HTC or LG. Like the title says, I really want to like this phone.

Build quality 1/10 Until the issues of shutting itself off are resolved, I can't rate it higher. But can understand fluke issues (there is one other review here with this problem).
Reception 5/10 Not really sure if it's this cell or Sprint??? Never had these problems with Verizon in NYC. Sometimes it takes days (yes, days) before I receive a text message. Thank God I didn't own this when my work schedule was texted sometimes less than 12 hrs. prior.
Call quality 1/10 Can't rate it higher if the phone shuts off on incoming calls or in the middle of a conversation.
Everyday usage 1/10 When it works everyday (doesn't shut itself off and I don't need the power cord to turn back on - making it a land line & not a mobile LOL), I'll rate it higher. Like the title says, I really want to like this phone. But, right now, I hate it.
Text input 8/10 Nothing special, but not bad either. (what do you expect from a 60yo?).
Display 10/10 As good as I've ever owned or seen.
Battery 3/10 Had to buy additional batteries because the life is so short. Hopefully remedied when auto shutoff corrected.

Pros

• I can always buy an HTC or LG.

Cons

• Shuts itself off.
  • Short battery life.

IMTopGun1 alternatives:

Blondie0862
posted on 30 Jun 2014, 23:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)

A Great Phone with Awsome Features

Blondie0862 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've been waiting for AT&T's release of this Phone when it finally came I grabbed It, and I really love all it's features. Just wish AT&T had it in White Instead of just Hot Pink and Black. I liked my son's Samsung S5 but wanted a smaller version, the S4 Mini tops the list of Mini Smart Phones and it's also low priced which is really great!

Pros

• Great Features, Easy to Use
  • Personalized Ringtones, Music
  • 16gb Internal & Up to 64gb Micro SD MC Storage
  • Long Lasting Battery

NeoBlaze
posted on 30 Mar 2014, 10:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)

Samsung Galaxy s4 mini Review

NeoBlaze has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Mobile phone is on first look a lot smaller than S4 but when you have it in hand like 2 minutes you realise that it is normal size.I dont get it why companies create large phones,only resaonable explanation is for gaming but in these days only kids play large mobile games.The phone can support a lot of todays games and aplications and it is perfect size. My advice is if you see well and dont need a phone larger than 4.5 inch's this is the right choice. Good luck!!!Oh yeah, I forgot to say that the only "bad" thing is that you can turn off that sound when you take a picure.

Build quality 10/10 Because the phone is light and perfect size for me.Everybody want bigger phone because they think "the bigger phone it is better".My perspective is that in aprox. 3-5 years small phones will be more usable than big ones.
Camera 10/10 Camera's qualitiy is nice but the fact i cant turn off shuter sound is so anoying.

Pros

• Light
  • Long battery duration

Cons

• Cant turn off Shuter Sound

ncarlosmiguel
posted on 16 Mar 2014, 18:29 (Posts: 205; Member since: 14 May 2013)

Great phone!

ncarlosmiguel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I can't believe this is faster than my Galaxy S3 in terms of UI speed. Battery gives me more than a full day (24 hours, not just morning til night) with normal use. Virtually no lags unlike with my S3. Perfect for one hand usage because it is compact and slimmer than most phones with 4.3 inch screen. See how most of my comparison is with Galaxy S3, a former flagship but overall I favor this mighty midranger. Highly recommended.

Build quality 10/10 Beautiful. Dont get fooled with Phone Arena's comment section. This Samsung phone is very beautiful when you personally see it.
Internet 9/10 Im not sure why i cant get hspa speed. It keeps showing edge. But maybe it just needs some tweaking. I didn't bother because I'm always on wifi at home and it is very fast.
Camera 10/10 Good camera and fast viewing of photos taken.
UI speed 10/10 Very responsive and fast UI speed.
Display 10/10 Bright and vivid screen. It can also go very dark which is great when using in bed when lights are off. doesnt hurt my eyes unlike the GS3. Resolution is still sharp although not HD. maybe because of the smaller screen size.
Battery 10/10 Great battery life. Can last me until the next day.

Pros

• Compact
  • Fast and responsive UI
  • Good camera
  • Good display
  • Long battery life
  • Micro SD support
  • Dual sim support
  • No lags

Cons

• Mobile data is always on edge.

kevin1813
posted on 08 Mar 2014, 20:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)

Very good phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevin1813 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Very good phone.Buy it if you want a small but cool phone.And those who says its an alternative to the f**king iphone don't believe that.Like always the iphone thing is s**t.SO I RECOMMAND THIS AWESOME PHONE!!!!!!!

bozoom
posted on 01 Jan 2014, 06:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)

is it support H+

bozoom has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i have a Samsung S4 mini model GT-I9192.
i think great phone and battery backup well. camera resolution godd and also screen its far batter..
But does not shhow H+ at network bar ...is it support H+ or not!!!
Please reply me as soon as possible

Pros

• 2

Cons

• 3

Arif54321
posted on 23 Dec 2013, 13:32 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)

small and powerful

Arif54321 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's a good phone which is very powerful as compared to its size . Specially it responds very fast for applications and does not hang . It is also good for gaming . Camera is very good .the most important thing is that its small dimension which make it very comfortable. One who wants a small phone which is very powerful should go for this one

musket
posted on 24 Nov 2013, 12:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)

Bad choice if you want a small smart phone!

musket has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I had this phone for 2 months and it opened applications automatically and froze some . It also switched off on its own and kept on asking for my pin number. The battery was bad too as it drained within a day and its supposed to have a very long battery life. Its still at advanced repairs and I demanded a new one or my money back which is around R5000 In South Africa or about $500 . I don`t want a big heavy phone, just a light and small high powered smart phone . Beware of this phone, not impressed!!

Build quality 4/10 flimsy cheap plastic back
Reception 6/10 not the best
Call quality 5/10 average
Internet 5/10 bad browsing interface, I phone much beter
Camera 4/10 poor quality camara
Text input 5/10 flimsy typing

Pros

Cons

• everything , cheap immitation of I phone

awaisaslam345
posted on 22 Oct 2013, 01:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)

A good phone but has few cons

awaisaslam345 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I upgraded from galaxy y.compared to my previous phone it is leagues above it. But if compared to other compact smartphones in the market it doesn't look good. My sister has iPhone 5 she used my phone and said my phone is sluggish. It is a good or rather great phone for those who play Not realy demanding games and listen to music a lot and use it for easy texting and great calling Experience. It is not a phone for those who are hard gamers or love surfing a lot.

Build quality 10/10 Build quality has improved significantly from the last generation galaxy smartphones
Internet 5/10 No text wrapping have to zoom in and out frequently. While surfing battery drains quickly. Needs improvements
Multimedia 10/10 I listen music through headphones and this phone delivered there
Camera 7/10 Better than galaxy s3 Camera. But fails at low light performance.
Display 8/10 Good and bright but not so sharp! Samy should have done something to put the dpi above 300 mark
Battery 6/10 Just get over the Internet surfing issues then its a ten

Pros

• only s4 device with fm radio
  • 1.5 gb ram
  • soundalive and adapt sound work greatly

Cons

• battery life is short
  • the display should be 720 p
  • mediocre gpu

awaisaslam345 alternatives:

seanwhat
posted on 14 Oct 2013, 13:01 (Posts: 86; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)

A solid phone that does everything well with no gimmicks.

seanwhat has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The number one positive thing i have to say about this phone is that i have no complaints. This phone does everything i expected and everything i want it to do flawlessly. Everything is easy to do or use, and it took minimal learning to get myself to this stage. Battery life is also good. Only minor con the screen res, though it's still decent enough.