Samsung Galaxy S III User Reviews

UI speed8.4/10
Camera8.9/10
Battery8.3/10

TediT
posted on 13 Oct 2012, 05:53 (Posts: 37; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)

Best phone out there

TediT has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Unlocked, Stock Room, NO Root!

This phone is great. Very fast and good looking. The only thing is that it comes with a lot of preloaded APPs that I never use. I've heard non-Stock Rooms don't have these APPs that's why they are faster. Other than that, everything works flowless :)

Build quality 7/10 Really Sammy? Plastic?
Camera 8/10 Could have been much better!
Battery 7/10 Better than the one on the SGS2 but still...might have been a bit better

Pros

• fast processor
  • great camera

Cons

• cheap build materials
  • not so good batery

alexanderOmar
posted on 04 Sep 2012, 06:09 (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)

nice phone

alexanderOmar has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i really enjoy having this phone . so comfortable and so fast :)
i didnt feel any lag since i got it . and no difficulty running anny app downloaded from the play store or samsung store ... i recommend this phone to u if u really wanna have a strong phone and also smooth in operating

Build quality 10/10 it feels so good in the hand and so easy to carry .. and it doesnt look cheap as some people say !
Call quality 10/10 very nice as u can hear the sound really clear and also ur voice reaches the other caller without any noise ..
Internet 10/10 the best ever .. especially with live streaming
Camera 10/10 sooooo clear

Pros

• intenet
  • video playing

Cons

• the battery is good but it needed to be a bit stronger

xtremesv
posted on 01 Sep 2012, 03:37 (Posts: 238; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)

The best Android phone I have owned so far

xtremesv has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The biggest letdown I had, when SGS3 was shown to the world, was its curvy glossy plastic design which in my opinion didn't match the hype surrounding the device. Then I got the chance to sell my SGS2 for a good price and my carrier contract was due so I went for the Galaxy S III International Version. The design is so-so but being the last Samsung flagship, it always catches people's attention. The build quality is average and far from superb. But the features that really make this smartphone a leader in its class are: an outstanding 4.8" display, not for everyone though because it may be too big for tiny hands. This device exudes multimedia performance, name it: music and video quality, photo viewing, internet speediness, gaming. The camera is a mixed bag though, taking photos is extremely fast but quality is just OK for a high-end smartphone, on the other hand, video recording quality is very good. UI responsiveness and smoothness are certainly better than SGS2 but there are times when minimal lag is felt, of course this is just me being perfectionist. Smart Stay and new gestures like the one to take screenshots are great. I tried S Voice like twice and concluded it is as gimmicky as Siri, useless in my case. Battery life is superior to any other Android smartphone I owned before (Captivate, Infuse and SGS2), I consider myself a heavy user and I manage to squeeze 12 hours from that 2100mAh battery, that is more than my previous phones which delivered 8-10 hours at most. Overall...

Pros

• Great display
  • Superb multimedia capabilities
  • Above average battery life
  • Smart Stay and new gestures

Cons

• So-so design and build quality
  • Limited RAM for the international version
  • Minimal lag is still present

fwinst
posted on 29 Aug 2012, 13:19 (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 May 2010)

Great phone!!

fwinst has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I can't complain. I find the phone easy and fun to use. I have absolutely NO issues with build quality, and haven't had any issues with the glossy coating peeling. The phone travels in my pocket quite nicely. The one software issue I'd like updated is storage. I'd like to be able to have apps load to the SD card. However, with 32 gb of internal storage, and a 32 gb SD card, I haven't even come close to filling the phone.

Build quality 10/10 I don't want a glass body as it is too fragile. I keep my phone in my pocket, so I don't want a metal case that will get dented. I think the plastic is more durable. The glossy coating makes it look and feel top-notch.
Reception 9/10 I gave this a nine because of my carrier (Sprint). While I get great reception in and around Minneapolis, I traveled to L.A. this summer and the reception was spotty, at best. This isn't the phone's issue, it's Sprint.
Internet 10/10 While I can't get LTE yet, I've noticed a significant improvement in internet over my HTC EVO 4G
Camera 10/10 LOVE the camera. Great pictures, no lag.
UI speed 10/10 No lag...GREAT
Text input 10/10 Big screen = bigger keys = less mistakes for those with bigger fingers!!
Display 10/10 Gorgeous
Battery 10/10 I make it through the day with moderate usage. Here's the key...I CAN CHANGE MY OWN BATTERY!!! I always carry a spare

Pros

• Big display
  • FAST!!
  • Decent battery life AND i can change my own battery
  • LOTS of storage
  • Fun software
  • MicroSD storage up to 64GB

Cons

• Sprint's spotty reception in some areas

jacklim5400
posted on 26 Aug 2012, 08:06 (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)

galaxy s3

jacklim5400 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

build quality suck =[ camera is fast but cant capture fast object :( but playing games is fast! :D reception good, call quality normal, multimedia is good, music player got lyric, can see video while doing other things

Build quality 1/10 sucks
Multimedia 10/10 decent

Pros

• good looking ui
  • normal sim card slot

Cons

• picture quality
  • phone's temperature
  • sreen easy break

jacklim5400 alternatives:

yajia1
posted on 23 Aug 2012, 05:57 (Posts: 112; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)

International version.

yajia1 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Upon seeing it in the internet, i told myself i must have it. I must have never been more wrong in my life. After 3 days of use, that cheap glossy finish of the back cover started peeling off big time! Very disgusting! I payed a fortune for this and that's what i would get?! It's an abomination! And the cheap gray lining on the sides? Started having scratches after 10 days of use. argghh! I bought a new back cover (which costed me some dollars once m
ore!) and when i receive it, i would definitely sell this cheap slab of a plastic toy. The screen seems to be gorgeous at first but as time went by, you started getting tired having all colors turned dark and over saturated. Not a good buy at all. Uber cheap plastic glossy build and dark screen. Frustrating much!

Build quality 1/10 After 3 days of use, that cheap glossy finish of the back cover started peeling off big time! Very disgusting! I payed a fortune for this and that's what i would get?! It's an abomination!

Pros

• Smooth and Great Multitasking.

Cons

• Cheap glossy finish that peels off
  • So-so battery.
  • Screen turns colors dark, especially green.
  • Touchwiz reloads when away from homescreen for a while.

kialoong
posted on 21 Aug 2012, 15:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)

Amazing Phone!

kialoong has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had this phone for just over a month now. Everything works great with android 4.0 ice-cream sandwich, It has border line impossible features. Nice large,colourful screen. Just... GET ONE IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE!

darthduwan
posted on 19 Aug 2012, 16:08 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)

Happy!

darthduwan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall I'm really happy and not disappointed on this product. I would just like to point out some areas Samsung should improve on by not giving a perfect 10. But if you ask me, this is the best smartphone ever so far!

renerenegat
posted on 16 Aug 2012, 12:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)

unhappy

renerenegat has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Performance great, but quality of finishing really poor. Easy to scratch or damage the screen. I has cheaper phones with better Quality ex: LG optimus 2x. This phone you need hide in strong cover. good to looking on web, make nice pictures, record videos. Need good cover to protect screen and case.

Pros

• speed
  • display, big and sensitive

Cons

• soft case
  • screen easy to scratch
  • easy to damage

rozabdulla
posted on 12 Aug 2012, 04:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)

samsung galaxy 3

rozabdulla has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have on sorry with the mobile phone.

Text input 2/10 I can not connect the arabic, persian and kurdish letters together and it makes very very difficult to read letters or text messages written in these kind of letters.

CellularNinja
posted on 11 Aug 2012, 14:06 (Posts: 303; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)

Best Phone I have ever owned.

CellularNinja has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love this phone so much. I have owned an iPhone and Windows Phone, and this one easily tops both. It tops Windows because of customization and app selection. And it destroys iPhone in customization. Honestly, I can do so much with this phone. I just love it. The screen size makes it so nice to watch videos on and playing games is also really nice on it.

Unlike most, I actually like the design alot! The plastic isn't my fave but that actual look of the device is very nice in my opinion. The camera is also excellent! Just as good as the iPhone (which is a very good camera).

The software is incredibly smooth (very strange for an android phone) probably due to the beefed up hardware specs like 2 gigs of ram and dual-core processor. This phone also has soooo many little but nice features.

Just to name a few: Swipe over screen to take screenshot
Face unlock
Calling by putting phone up to ear while in messages
4 apps at lock screen that you can go straight to

Build quality 9/10 It may be plastic, but it is extremely well built and sturdy. It also feels solid in the hand.
Reception 10/10 I get extremely good reception! We were in a friends basement and we both had AT&T, and my phone had service but my friends LG Nitro did not have service.
Call quality 10/10 Nothing to complain about. I hear them well, they hear me well... nuff said
Internet 10/10 Very fast internet. Plus the screen size makes it so much nicer to browse
Multimedia 10/10 I use Pandora for music mostly, but for watching movies this phone just rocks.
Camera 10/10 Excellent camera with good sharpness and color reproduction.
UI speed 10/10 With the beefy specs and Ice Cream Sandwich, this phone can breeze through the UI without any hiccups.
Everyday usage 10/10 It makes me happy.
Text input 10/10 The screen size once again adds to the awesomeness of other features. No problems here.
Display 10/10 I could spend a day talking about the screen on this baby. Movies looks super awesome, texting is so easy, and browsing the web is a joy with this screen. LOVE IT! Best part of the phone.
Battery 8/10 I usually have to charge it sometime during the day. But it does well considering the screen it has to power combined with LTE.

Pros

• Screen (size, ppi, color)
  • Physical Home Button
  • Form Factor
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Amazing Features
  • Android
  • Google Play Store

Cons

• Battery life could be better

alexpirnuta
posted on 05 Aug 2012, 23:58 (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)

Amazing Phone!

alexpirnuta has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about 3 weeks and I've got to admit it's simply amazing. I have made the switch from the iPhone 4 (something that I never saw myself doing) and I have not missed it one bit. I am a huge Apple geek (I own an iPod, iPad, Macbook, and the iPhone, I even own stock in apple) so for me switching was not an easy decision. But when I went into the store and played with the phone, I knew I had to have it. The display is beautiful, it's very easy to use, and what I like most is how easily it can be customized. I love the widgets (something iPhones don't have). The camera is superb and takes gorgeous pics (including panoramas). The build quality is also very soild. Even though it's plasitc its very put together, there is no wiggle room for any buttons or back cover. The battery easily gets you through the day with moderate use.

There were a couple things that the iPhone performed better at in my opinion. The stock QWERTY keyboard is much easier to use and the predictive text is better on iPhone. But there are keyboard apps that can be downloaded for android that perform better. S III does have swype but I'm not a fan. The iPhone also felt smoother when scrolling through web pages or up and down lists. Not that there was a lag or anything with the Galaxy but it just felt more natural on the iPhone. (nothing major).

Overall, this phone is phenomenal and I can't put it down.

• Feel of phone
  • Thin and lightweight

Cons

• Phone might be too big for some

TMach
posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:02 (Posts: 387; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)

Samsung Galaxy S3

TMach has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It is a bit pointless reviewing this phone as it has a major and insurmountable flaw which over rides any perceived qualitative aspects of the handset. The build quality is shocking to say the least! I have the blue variant and it developed a crack near the USB port. I have NEVER dropped or damaged the phone in anyway and the crack is a straight line stress fracture, there are several examples on the net - see androidauthority/knowyour mobile webs sites - upon contacting Samsung, I was told it is not covered by warranty and I need to take it to a samsung repair centre. This is going to cost £135 to repair! The Service Centre stated that they need to charge as until the fault is acknowledged by Samsung, they risk not getting recompensed by Samsung. The centre has had approximately 30 with a similar problem and has reported the issue to Samsung. Samsung is refusing to take ownership of this issue which leaves this customer, sorry, ex-customer out of pocket. Shoody customer care and build quality makes this a no brainer for me......

Build quality 2/10 See review

Pros

Cons

• Build Quality detracts completely from any positives

dollface918
posted on 28 Jul 2012, 16:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)

What I think

dollface918 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

After I returned my htc evo 4g lte (which I loved) because I couldn't handle Sprint's slow network, I headed off to tmobile to find a new phone and network. I was leaning towards the htc one s because I am a big fan of htc phones but my salesperson told me to try this one because you get more for your money. I got the blue one with no problem since the white is soo ugly (personal opinion). It also has a big screen like the Evo which i felt i was downgrading with the one S. Honestly, I consider this more a guy phone. I had problems separating the nofication sound for text/emails for a week, it's not under settings which would have taken me a minute to fix on the htc phone. A week later I found out how to set up the winglets and now the phone is finally growing on me. The smileys on the text are soo ugly on this phone and the phone is Very sensitive to the key pads. I'm thinking people who really love this phones are advanced users who really know about software. I will say this, this phone has great battery life and Internet surfing... No problems. I usually get the full bars of 4g speed and i can pull up any web page I want, plays great sounds, and Netflix gives me no probs. Not love at first site but it's growing on me.

Text input 4/10 Commas, periods and exclamation points on the other side. It's so weird, it takes me a little longer to text with this device because it changes my words to crazy things.. I don't like for texting, but I'm getting used to it.

mcbeav
posted on 26 Jul 2012, 07:11 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 May 2011)

Unbiased Review

mcbeav has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I would like to start off by saying I am a fanboy of no kind. I have a new phone every 2 months. I extensively test every platform I use, and I have nothing against any OS. Currently I am using a Pre 3, S G3, and an iPad, I just recently let my Lumia 800 go. All of which i have used for quite some time. I am a web designer and have a deep appreciation for good design. I have to, it is my job, if i did not understand good design, the internet would still look like it did back in 1999. I was very excited to get this, but does it live up to all the hype?

Build Quality
The build quality was expected. Samsung uses cheap plastic, and anymore, their phones feel very cheap. The trade off, is all of their phones are very lightweight, but I prefer a better "feeling" phone. This is just my opinion. Many people i talk to actually like the plastic feel. This shouldn't be factored into the review. It is purely opinion.

Samsung phones have week antennas. This phone follows suit. All of my other devices get a better signal whether it be on WiFi or cellular data. I really wish Samsung would fix this. because of this, often times my call quality suffers.

On my end, i usually never have a problem in a phone call. Typically i can hear everyone just fine, but there are times where i don't have service where my other friends with the same service do. Occasionally the person i am speaking too complains about static and an echo. I am not entirely sure which side this is on ( mine or...

Pros

• Display Size?
  • Great For The Average Consumer
  • Great for the Fanboy
  • Best battery life ( besides razr maxx)

Cons

• Cheap Plastic Build
  • Keyboard Lags
  • No Lockscreen Music Controls
  • Interface Occasionally Lags
  • Still can't get a full day from the battery
  • Physical Buttons
  • Reception
  • Samsung Widgets do not properly work
  • S-Voice ( eh, its okay when it works )

Phoneguy2000
posted on 14 Jul 2012, 10:17 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)

Samsung's Legacy

Phoneguy2000 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Build quality 8/10 Because it's large and pretty solid although it's made out of plastic.
Reception 8/10 It works very good while on the web.
Call quality 8/10 It works great while calling someone.
Internet 10/10 It works super fast and smooth with a 1.4GHz processor and touchwiz.
Multimedia 10/10 It can do a variety of media related things like your own personal assistant, S Voice for an example.
Camera 8/10 It has very fine details and saturated colours with its 8 megapixel autofocus camera.
UI speed 9/10 UI works amazing on the internet.
Everyday usage 10/10 Everything is avalible on this device, almost.
Text input 8/10 Cool, smooth texting. But no swype this time, though.
Display 8/10 Colourful, saturated display. But with a pentile matrix, though.
Battery 8/10 Quite a lot of juice. Can be a little fast downing when working with wifi and 3G.

Pros

• New features like: S Voice, Pop-up play, Smart Stay, Direct Call.
  • Nice screen, brilliant camera.
  • Camera features like Burst Shot Mode.
  • Clear Sounds.
  • Fast Web-Browsing experience.

Cons

• Pentile Matrix.
  • No Swype.
  • Dim Internet Screen.
  • Plastic Design.
  • Bulky Device.

driveme
posted on 12 Jul 2012, 12:14 (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 May 2012)

Best phone I've owned.

driveme has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone really is the best phone I have owned. I have owned the Iphone and the new HTC EVO 4G LTE. The S3 is by far the best phone. Easy to use or as complicated as you want it. Say what you want about the pentile screen but it looks great. Call quality is the best, speed is fantastic. Camera takes great pics but I wish it was a little easier to use and had a full screen image when taking pics. I have it on Sprint and the speed is fine. It's hard to put down and I can't understand why anyone would choose the Iphone over the S3. S voice is very good more freindly than Suri. Samsung continues to do what every Cell Phone maker should do, the three B's, Build it Bigger, Better and keep that removable Battery.

Pros

• Great Screen
  • Infiite Scrolling
  • Love the Size
  • S voice

Cons

• Camera not full screen when taking pics
  • Predictive Text needs a little work

Tonivstono
posted on 04 Jul 2012, 09:27 (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)

Best phone today.....

Tonivstono has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Trust me this is the best phone i have ever use....this phone and the 4s....they have the same price...but i will choose this phone....:D
This phone is fast and smooth unlike the one x(fast but lag and glitch)
This phone is the best....I show it to my friend...and they said wow lets exchange(they just joking and they are an iphone user)
Hahaha......

Build quality 10/10 Even if its a plastic...its feel so good...
Reception 9/10 Almost oustanding
Call quality 10/10 I'll give it a solid 10...coz its awesome
Internet 10/10 Speed is just too fast
Multimedia 10/10 Clear like crystle
Camera 10/10 Lagless camara and clear like a canon camara
UI speed 10/10 Lagless UI.....even live wallpaper
Everyday usage 10/10 Im not sure what will happen in the future coz now I have just used it for 5 days...
Text input 10/10 nice
Display 10/10 I dont care about the pentile or what...its the best display I've ever seen
Battery 10/10 2100mah can make you use thorugh a full day....

Pros

• Everythings

Cons

• keyboard not snnappy like the iphone

Justsadd
posted on 03 Jul 2012, 10:23 (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

Good but need to improve build ii quality

Justsadd has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

have galaxy s3 about 1 month, not as good galaxy s2.s voice can't use always network error.pentile is not enough for us .super amoled plus hd is the best ...battery life is already improve. hopefully s4 can't disappointed us.

Build quality 9/10 plastic
Display 8/10 pentile no rgb

Pros

• camera nice
  • removable battery
  • got card slot

Cons

• pentile screen not rgb
  • only 1gb ram

murati
posted on 02 Jul 2012, 03:03 (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)

Average phone, nothing special

murati has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have S3 for one months now and I am not that impressed with the phone. In general phone is great, had some problems with network (i just lost it some time) also software is not that good. I experienced some lacking during browsing the web. Good part is camera, very good pictures but only in good conditions. When there is dark the 2.6 lens is not that good anymore. All in all, good phone, but in my opinion overestimated. Also i don't like the fack that there are all the time fingerprints on the back (i have blue version). I took blue over white one cuz white looks sooo cheep.

Pros

Cons

• Speed, browsing, network

vsrawal
posted on 02 Jul 2012, 01:38 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)

you cannot store apps on sd!dont buy an sd card for just apps!!

vsrawal has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

everything is good but u cannot store apps on sd which is so freakin primitive!!call quality is not that great ppl cant hear u clearly when u hold the phone in a particular angle u have to hold it close to ur face!!or u have to cup the phone while u r talking which is so stupid!

Pros

• super fast
  • camera is pretty good
  • awesome display
  • best gaming phone

Cons

• you cannot store apps on sd!
  • plastic build!

vsrawal alternatives:

Ruslan112
posted on 30 Jun 2012, 07:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)

Best Phone for now ? Not realy =) for me Lg will be the best!

Ruslan112 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Display - PENT TILE !
Battery - more then 2000 nice
Build quality - PLASTIC!
Call qual. - ok
Camera - very nice
UI - Me dont like, looks like ios and s voise is usles
Internet - Strong part of sgs3 (But Optimus 4x hd is faster =) )
Text - ok

• Internet

Cons

• Build quality!
  • Build quality!
  • And pent tile!

tggoulart
posted on 22 Jun 2012, 15:41 (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)

Excellent phone!

tggoulart has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I really love this phone, it's a little overpriced but all features and all the building are amazing! The camera is very good, the display has a really high resolution and it's good for playing games and all that stuff. I think this is the best phone in the market!

siegfried
posted on 20 Jun 2012, 07:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

The Sleek, Stylish,Innovative Smartphone, Outstanding!

siegfried has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Samsung will rule again with its Samsung Galaxy S III!For the past years they created a new impact on Smartphone Innovation., they never giveup until they hit the right mark with its 1st SGS 1 and SGS 2 and now the SGS 3. Apple will again try to break this. but again this is already written Samsung Defeated Apple.

Build quality 10/10 sleek and stylish
Everyday usage 10/10 outstanding
Text input 10/10 fast and easy
Display 10/10 outstanding deep black and vivid colors
Battery 10/10 outstanding

Pros

• new features makes it the outstanding smartphone, smart stay direct call, s-voice,all share, s-beam,

Cons

• absolutely NOTHING!

elirev4
posted on 19 Jun 2012, 16:55 (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)

Kicks the hell out of the iPhone 4S.

elirev4 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is the best phone I've ever had!
It's just amazing, light weight, big and beautiful 720P screen, amazing FULL HD camera, the best TouchWiz so far, awesome web browsing experience. fast as hell (not a single lag), really thin, comfortable in the hand (it's not so big as they say, it fits in my palm really good and I have an average palm).

The best phone of the year with no doubts what so ever, Apple already failed (we saw the iOS 6 and there's nothing new, same old boring grid of icons), now everyone are waiting to see the new design of the phone...

Pros

• Big and beautiful 720P screen!
  • not a single lag, very fast!
  • awesome game experience!
  • And all the stuff I mentioned earlier in the review.

Cons

• Not the best battery I've ever seen.

elirev4 alternatives: