Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon User Reviews

Text input5.8/10
Everyday usage7.8/10
UI speed8.1/10

boed1
posted on 05 Apr 2013, 09:47 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)

Love the PDA - HATE the phone

boed1 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I bought the phone jumping from the Galaxy Nexus because it had terrible reception - I should have just changed brands. I have friends and colleagues who are also on Verizon and when my phone drops a call, theirs keeps working. The pda side of the phone is great but if you use a lot of minutes - avoid Samsung phones on Verizon. The HTC DNA and RAZR get great reception so I know it isn't Verizon's network but something not well suited in Samsung's current design.

I would have rated the reception at zero or .5 but 1 was as low as I could go.

If you just text it is a great phone but it is my business and personal phone and I use about 3000 minutes per month. You easily find out what phones work well as phones and which don't.

PS DON'T ever ever fall for the nonsense I did on the forums telling you that a firmware fix would take care of the reception issues. That is like saying a firmware fix will take care of a cracked screen.

Build quality 8/10 Screen is prone to scratching
Reception 1/10 Drops calls, calls fade out, dreadful reception
Call quality 1/10 Fade ins and out - garbled when having reception issues which is frequent.

Pros

• Great PDA
  • nice size
  • comfortable in hand
  • Easy to type one handed

Cons

• TERRIBLE RECEPTION FOR CALLS

Mike12mt
posted on 20 Dec 2012, 14:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)

Fantastic upgrade from a Droid x-2!

Mike12mt has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

While I'll try to keep my excitement to a minimum, my experience with this phone is leaps and bounds better then running android 2.3 on the Droid x-2. ICS really makes a huge difference in overall software performance. I should note that I'm reviewing a Verizon GS3 which just recently received it's Jelly Bean update. While I am very impressed with this phone, it is not flawless. Onto my review!

Build quality 8/10 While other reviewers have mentioned this phone can be very brittle, with my Aduro Shell case protecting it, I have drop this phone a few times with no signs of chipping or cracking. Buttons feel nice to the touch while pressing. Though I see the physical home button wearing out very quickly if pressed hard too many times. Overall, I have no complaints from what others dub as "Cheap" quality.
Reception 9/10 As mentioned in my other reviews, reception is great when I'm not in my house with verizon. Outside my house for example when I'm at work, signal comes in great in Greenwich, CT. Can't say I've had much issues with reception other then while in the car. Certain "coverage" areas by Verizon aren't fully 4g zones, so LTE antenna will switch a lot between 4g and 3g signals which interrupts app functions. When standing in one place with full 4g, the phone's internet speeds are fast!
Call quality 7/10 While I must say, as our little pocket pc's become more and more functional and less of a nerdy gimmick, I hardly spend time actually talking on a smart phone. I use 3rd party visual voice mail apps to re-route my voice mails from verizon to be sent to my wifi and gmail servers vs verizon's own carrier signal. But for the time's I'm actually using the phone to talk, calls seem clear and talking to another fellow s3 user, I rarely had a hard time following the conversation on the other end.
Internet 9/10 4g speeds are great! Web browsing is snappy and overall a huge step-up from 3g. When you aren't in a area with 4g though, speeds will become 56k modem speeds or worse. Wifi speeds are even better if your router uses the N-band signal. Wi-fi tether is also handy on this phone though more data intensive apps like netflix won't work through my tablet without actually paying for a Verizon tethering plan officially. Excellent performance while using 4g.
Multimedia 8/10 I was surprised how many more formats this phone supports since Android OS 2.3 days. While lossless audio support still remains to be seen, most video formats work just fine on the device. Though with samsung phones I have noticed a few syncing complaints with your photos and videos. When syncing up to a PC, gone is the common drap and drop feature in its place instead is a full media import feature. So if you take just two new photos, you have to upload your entire collection everytime. Kinda
Camera 9/10 Arguably the best full feature smartphone camera samsung has to offer. So many settings to play around with. More so then on my now-dated 7.1MP SLR camera. The only reason for you not to take good photo and videos with this is through user error. Excellent camera!
UI speed 8/10 Fast! With little to no stutter I hardly have a issue with the software's performance. Occasionally throughout the day of normal use, the flash light widget will hang a bit until you free up some ram on the phone but other then that, I still have my normal issues with typing on a all touch-screen phone. Games and apps all run smoothly.
Everyday usage 8/10 Everyday usage is a breeze. I hardly need to manage all the backround data consumption apps, I don't have to worry how many apps are open in the background. The phone performs basic functions nicely most of the time without the device complaining about it. my only concern is the flash light widget isn't always instantaneous. As with most smart phones, battery life on the S3 could use improving. While the 4G antenna has alot to do with battery consumption, I don't see myself worrying about chargi
Text input 6/10 While better response vs my previous phones, as time went on, I noticed my txting became less responsive since I've had the phone in July 12'. Though not enough to affect performance, you will see the phone playing catch up once in a while during txts. The word-predictive feature was horribly inaccurate so I turned that feature off. Otherwise texting is acceptable.
Display 10/10 I love this display. Colors are deep, video's are crisp, icons look great. Background images are wonderful to look at. No issues with the quality!
Battery 5/10 Gone are the days of only charging a old flip phone once a week. Nowadays people are catching themselves charging their phones twice at work. Or worse, your phone dies on the way home. The s3 does very little with its power saving features to help with this concern. At most, you'll get 8-12 hours of average use before needing to recharge. My advice with all smartphones, fully charge your phone to 100% charged b4 going to bed at night, and set it to airplane mode. You'll be amazed how much longer your phone will last throughout the day.

StrumerJohn
posted on 23 Nov 2012, 03:10 (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)

Amazing device.

StrumerJohn has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is absoulutely amazing. The only CONs can be fixed simply by rooting it and changing the system to another ROM, but overall, even on stock, it's an AMAZING phone. See my below Pros, Cons, and Separate feature ratings for more info.

Build quality 8/10 Plastic. Eh. Nothing special. Looks nice though.
Reception 10/10 Awesome. Qualcom made the radios.
Call quality 10/10 VoIP is Amazing. As for Verizon's CDMA calling; eh it's okay, but that's not the phone's fault of course.
Internet 10/10 Awesome fast 4G + choice of Stock Browser, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and TONS of other browsers + Flash Player!
Multimedia 10/10 Can play TONS of formats and has an amazing DAC to listen to them with.
Camera 10/10 Amazing camera. Takes awing photos.
UI speed 10/10 Awesome. No freezes, lockups, or anything whats-so-ever. However turning on Power Saving mode does induce some lag.
Text input 2/10 The Default Keyboard is horrible.
Display 10/10 Wonderful 720p Display! AMOLED + High PPI is amazing.

• Connectivity
  • Features
  • Developer Community

Cons

• Stock Keyboard
  • Stock ROM

jerrytoy
posted on 11 Nov 2012, 17:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)

jerrytoy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Love the phone. I was holding out for a nexus phone or the note 2 but I decided on the GS3 because the note was a little too big and the nexus 4 (no verizon, no sd slot) kinda disappointed.

I don't like touchwiz and all the verizon crap but with a new launcher, the phone is great. I like the large screen and despite the size it fits in my pocket with ease.

Build quality 9/10 Don't mind it being plastic. Most electronics are. The silver band around the phone looks kinda cheap though.
Reception 9/10 Reception is about the same as my previous phone (fascinate) except for I get 4g at home now.
Call quality 9/10 Call quality is pretty clear. Once in a while I get an echo.
Internet 10/10 Internet is pretty fast using Chrome.
Multimedia 10/10 I really like the pop-out video.
Camera 10/10 Camera is pretty decent. Fast shutter speed. Takes pretty good pics in low light.
UI speed 10/10 Fastest phone (for me) to date. I came from a rooted fascinate with JB, which was a huge improvement over stock GB. I have yet to see any lag.
Everyday usage 10/10 The only thing I did was install a launcher because I didn't like the folders and dock bar in Touch Wiz. Other than that, it is really smooth with no headaches.
Display 10/10 Love the size. Colors are clear. Could be a little brighter though.
Battery 10/10 Excellent battery life. Lasts all day easy with heavy use. I did install Juice Defender...don't know how much this helps.

Pros

• Large screen
  • Great camera
  • looks

Cons

• predictive text
  • Typical Verizon/Samsung bloatware
  • Don't like Touchwiz

jonjonjon349
posted on 04 Nov 2012, 13:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)

Amazing!!

jonjonjon349 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I personally love this phone! I honestly have a very hard time finding things that can be improved with the S3. Battery life is a amazing, web browsering is EXTREMELY fast (CHROME) and lastly multi-tasking is wonderful! If you have an iPhone 4s this is a huge improvement!!

Pros

• Battery life conpared to my iPhone 4s is amazing! I get well over a date if i have the power save feature on and i use my phone all the time!

Beem3r814
posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:45 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)

Best phone I have had to date!

Beem3r814 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I traded in my Droid Razr for this phone a few months ago and I couldn't be more satisfied. I was strictly Motorola after I had purchased the Samsung Droid Charge and was completely disgusted with it. But that has changed. I can't really find one thing with this phone that would make me consider getting rid of it. Its here to stay!

Build quality 8/10 I give it an 8 on build quality due to the fact that Samsung could have used a little less plastic. Although the weight of the phone is perfect.
Reception 9/10 I give it a 9 on reception only because some spots where I had excellent reception on my Droid Razr, i do not have the same reception or better on this device. But then again I get better reception on this in certain spots than i did with the Razr.
Call quality 10/10 I can hear the person on the other end clearly and also the fact that i can increase the volume past the limit in certain circumstances this helps.
Internet 10/10 4G LTE. nuff said.
Multimedia 9/10 a 9 only due to the face that the Razr's factory speaker seemed a bit louder and a little more crisp. Nothing to go into a rant about.
Camera 10/10 In my opinion, best camera on any phone to date. No shutter lag, crisp 8MP camera. Can't ask for a better one at this point.
UI speed 10/10 Fastest factory UI that i've used aside from the iphone. I think this actually goes toe to toe with the iPhone UI speed.
Everyday usage 10/10 Perfect for every day usage. I love it and I don't think i could survive without it
Text input 5/10 This is where Samsung dropped the ball. The factory keyboard is atrocious. It would insert words and corrections that I don't want. I am currently using Swiftkey 3 and am 120% satisfied unless Samsung can muster up something better. Swiftkey 3 is easier for my productivity and speed.
Display 10/10 very crisp and clean display. The saturation of the colors is excellent. Also the resolution is amazing!
Battery 10/10 The best battery on a phone that I have used to date. I know the Razr Maxx' battery is bigger and lasts longer but this is a VERY close 2nd. Managed to get 22+ hours out of it from 100% on a single charge without using power saving mode.

Pros

• 1.9mp front facing camera
  • large resolution
  • very fast phone

Cons

• lack of google wallet for verizon

Beem3r814 alternatives:

TheRetroReplay
posted on 30 Oct 2012, 03:45 (Posts: 243; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)

Piece of junk

TheRetroReplay has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I originally had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus which was an amazing phone, then I upgraded to this. What an absolute disappointment this was. Samsung has put more money into advertising the phone than they have actually making a good phone. I exchanged it for a Droid RAZR MAXX HD and I am very happy with the exchange.

First the build quality of the Galaxy S3 is the cheapest plastic I have ever seen in my life, this gently fell from a height of less than a foot and the back cover cracked. The power and volume buttons wiggle and feel like they're ready to fall out at anytime.

The reception is horrible, it could barely maintain a connection, the data would fluctuate from 1X to 3G to 4G to nothing, most of the time it would be at 1X or nothing. I don't know about the internet as I could hardly get a data connection where ever I went. The call quality was scratchy and staticy, even in areas where I had full bars. In comparison, my RAZR MAXX HD gets full 4G and I live in the boonies.

The multimedia will override the volume each time you plug in a headphone jack regardless if you're using Google Play Music, Samsung's junk player or Pandora. So you have to raise or lower it to your preferred setting every single time. Also it makes the Google Play media apps useless, forcing you to use Samsung's apps that are terrible.

The UI is slow, sluggish and stutters when transitioning from screens. When you download apps they don't rearrange themselves alphabetically and if you want them to be arranged...

Build quality 1/10 Cheap plastic that would shatter from a slight tap
Reception 1/10 Can't get a signal anywhere
Call quality 1/10 Nothing but static
Internet 1/10 I don't know, I never got a data signal
Camera 10/10 One out of two good things about this POS
UI speed 1/10 Slow, sluggish stuttering, unorganized and unresponsive, this is the worst version of TouchWiz I have ever had the displeasure to use
Everyday usage 1/10 Don't bother, you'll probably return it in a few days to get something better
Text input 1/10 Worst predictive text ever, it's retarded
Display 10/10 The one other good thing about this POS
Battery 1/10 It guzzles battery life then oddly sips it so I have no idea

Pros

• Good camera
  • Good screen
  • Thin

Cons

• TouchWiz UI is a hassle
  • For packing more RAM than the Droid RAZR MAXX HD it's slow
  • Terrible build materials
  • Terrible reception, can't hold data connection
  • Terrible call quality
  • Useless multimedia
  • Horrible text input

TheRetroReplay alternatives:

smankow
posted on 20 Oct 2012, 16:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)

Good except for email

smankow has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had this phone for 2 weeks, had it replaced once and finally gave it back. The phone has issues downloading emails from Verizon.net accounts. Most of the VZW reps deny the problem, but finally a supervisor admitted that it's a known issue.

These issues gave me flashbacks to the issues that I had with the Blackberry Storm and Storm 2 phones.

Overall, if the emails aren't coming thru properly, the phone is useless.

Internet 9/10 internet was fast
Camera 7/10 only pics that I tooks seemed to be too bright. There should be some dampening on the brightness, even at factory specs
Everyday usage 6/10 extremely poor battery life
Text input 4/10 Samsung's keyboard is aweful, and even worse with the pre-set predictive typing. Ended up downloading a keyboard app that was a major improvement
Battery 1/10 even with limited usage, the phone wouldn't last the day

Pros

• lightning fast internet

Cons

• software issue with downloading emails
  • stock keyboard sucks

metalpoet
posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:36

First Samsung smartphone

metalpoet has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I originally had the Motorola droid 3 and after having that POS for less thanks year, I was glad to take advantage of Bestbuys $100 sale on the Galaxy S3 for Verizon. So far everything is amazing except two things, the predictive text is a nightmare and I miss the power control that my moto droid 3 had. It also would be nice if it wasn't so slick on the back because I've almost dropped the phone several times lol. Other than, I am incredibly satisfied!

Pros

• slim phone with huge display
  • kicks the crap out of my other phone, iPhone 5

Cons

• predictive text
  • build quality

botkin_73
posted on 10 Oct 2012, 13:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)

Great phone if not for the terrible build quality.

botkin_73 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a extremly good phone on the inside. I really am pritty picky about my phones but this phone I really had no problem with while using it for the first month. But then after about a month of use my phone started cracking on the sides of the case buy the volume and power buttons, and never once did I drop my phone and by the 2nd month there were 9 cracks around my phone and I know several other people that are having the same issue. Then my phone ended up falling out of my pocket while i was squating down and fell maybe a foot on to the ground and shattered my screen. To me this was rediculese and show poor build quality "Cheap". So I would strongly suggest buying a different phone with a non plastic case such as the razr or even the iphone 5 can't be worse then this and I never owned an apple phone because I see all the screen cracks.

Build quality 1/10 After 1 month of use my phone started cracking on the sides of the case buy the volume and power buttons, and never once did I drop my phone and by the 2nd month there were 9 cracks around my phone and I know several other people that are having the same issue. Then my phone ended up falling out of my pocket while i was squating down and fell maybe a foot on to the ground and shattered my screen. To me this was rediculese and show poor build quality "Cheap".
Reception 9/10 Extremly good reception
Call quality 10/10 Amazing
Internet 8/10 Extremly good sometimes it cut out or froze but rearly.
Multimedia 8/10 good but kinda big to be having in your pocket if you like to run with it.
Camera 10/10 Amazing camera
UI speed 8/10 no lag but sometimes had to reset phone if I was not recieveing messages.
Everyday usage 8/10 For the most part it was a good phone.
Text input 7/10 Screen can be kinda big if you are trying to to it one handed but its not that big of a deal. And im not to thrilled with the prodictive txt it usally does not get the word you want and I found my self back spacing a lot fixing my txt message.
Display 10/10 Beutiful screen
Battery 8/10 Last all day at times but if used moderit to heavy you might find the need to charge it mid day.

Pros

• Great Call Quality
  • Good Reception
  • Amazing Camera

Cons

• Extremly poor build quality (Ruins the phone experience for me)
  • predictive text is Terrible

skully7000
posted on 27 Sep 2012, 13:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)

samsung's UI is parachute attached to a racecar

skully7000 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

yes GS3 has some amazing stats. but it is just not friendly enough to make it worth it. i'm returning the phone. I gave it a full 10 days...and I have tried to overcome the bads. upgraded from a moto Droid 2 gloibal.

Swype does not work nearly as good as a motorola. I spend more time editing then i do swyping. i spend more time tapping then i do swyping. i never had an DamnYouAutocorrect moment with my motorola samsung i've had alot.

signal strength: this is only my personal experience: at work and home I get worse signal then i did with my motorola.

TEXT WRAP!!!!!! gs3 does not automatically wrap the text around to fit the webpage. motorola does. try reading a text based webpage like a news article. its got to be big enough to read but then you have to move the page side to side to read every sentence! i don't care how fast 4g is. I would rather load a slower page and then just read the whole screen top left to right bottom before scrolling down more.

weight: big phone plus LIght weight: cheap feel plus easier to drop it.

Build quality 7/10 plastic cover feels cheap. power button doesn't seem like it will last. phone is just to light in my hand.
Reception 6/10 my moto D2 had 3g at work. the GS3 doesn't get data signal in my office. i have to walk to a window.
Call quality 8/10 sound quality is very good. signal strength is what hurts it.
Internet 6/10 no text wrap. when data signal is spotty page stops loading instead of taking longer to chug along and load page.
Multimedia 7/10 music and video were great on phone. headphones caused distraction in the pulldown menu with lots of programs i didn't want ready to be opened.
Camera 9/10 As Unhappy as I am with this phone...the camera is the thing I will miss most of all. best camera i have ever had....even compared to my actual cameras!!!
UI speed 7/10 processing speed YES human speed slow. things are sometimes hard to get too. or not where you want them to be.
Everyday usage 5/10 I"m heavy on text message email and webpages. predictive text plus swype did not work well webpage text did not wrap around. data signal not strong compared to other phones.
Text input 3/10 SWYPE Is amazing. but not on this phone. swype is the biggest reason i won't get an iphone. but GS3 does something different and motorola does something right.
Display 8/10 screen is crisp and nice. it could be a bit brighter for outdoor use.
Battery 8/10 battery is strong...but i used my phone less because of signal strength and other phone issues.

Pros

• big screen
  • good battery

Cons

• samsung's version of swype
  • no text wrap on webpages
  • predictive text is horrible

CDCraig123
posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:42 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 May 2012)

The GS3

CDCraig123 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The number on complant I have heard about this phone is build quality I just dont understand people. The phone was built just like the RAZR you need to put a case on it. More and more phones are going this route and I like it. Look most people put a case on a phone anyway so why build up the out side of the phone to just put more plastic/another case on it. I have seen the drop test with the I Phone 5 its stupid and meaningless if you walk around with a 650 dollar phone with out something on it to protect it GS3 or any iphone. So you can drop your Iphone from 6 feet and scratch the s**t out of it OR put a case on it. Its a 600 dollar phone really your not going to put a case on it.... But for real this is a soild phone its very fast scores over 5000+ on quadrants and on LTE in Boise I get 32.55Mbps down and 18.14Mbps up with Verizon. Did i mention i can talk on the phone watch youtube and get a picture message all at once you cant do that on ANY Iphone. Really people samsung is steping up this is really the first time the Iphone cant just be crowned the end all best phone. S voice is kind of a joke i wont lie HOW ever with Jelly bean almost out for the GS3 and the new Voice softwear from google on JB google voice search will smoke SIRI on anything. Besides how stupid do you have to be to ask your phone "do i need a jacket today" if your head is so fare up your ass you dont know what the weather is gonna be like with the 15 bazzlion weather apps and widggets on the market today...

Pros

• Large clear screen
  • you can change text imput
  • expandable memory
  • long battery life

Cons

• no dedicated search button
  • S voice

mandkeee
posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:49 (Posts: 78; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)

hate this phone....

mandkeee has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

before this device, i had to use droid razr and iphone 4s. and i changed to this phone with 2years contract....it was fine first few days....but after that, it took so long for data and phone itself....
and battery is sux as hell...also using cheap plastics......
dont buy this samsung...if you like android...make choose motorola or htc....

Build quality 1/10 using really cheap plastic cover and phone itself.
Reception 9/10 because verizon....
Call quality 9/10 of course verizon...
Internet 7/10 i gave 7 because part of reason is verizon... but when i use internet with this phone ... after 10 mins...phone getting hot as hell...
Multimedia 6/10 lagging...
Camera 5/10 dont like it...its worst to use it
UI speed 4/10 oh this UI killing my RAM.......really hate this part....
Text input 8/10 its fine...
Display 3/10 super amoled??? its really sux..and killing battery so fast.... really...i think LG display is way much better than this....
Battery 1/10 batter??? hahaha battery??? its garbage......really......

thompcd
posted on 24 Sep 2012, 20:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)

Verizon GS3

thompcd has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

In a word - Spectacular.
If it weren't due to Apple's obnoxious self, it would be a 9.5, but they had to damper down the voice assistance, losing the universal search was one of the saddest days for me. Samsung outdid themselves here, wonderful build quality (even though plastic, it actually helps, less weight = less damage on drop).

Pros

• Great Battery Life
  • Beautiful Display
  • LTE
  • System Speed

Cons

• Voice assistance ruined (thanks, Apple)
  • Keyboard/ Dictionary take around a month to "learn" you
  • Even with full LTE on Verizon, bad call quality it seems

thompcd alternatives:

RagsandBitches
posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)

Problems, Problems.....

RagsandBitches has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Coming from a HTC Incredible the Samsung Galaxy S lll had bigger face of course and I thought the salesman was being HONEST at Verizon store. The way the case is so flexible (cheap and flimsy) that one small drop and screen cracks. DO NOT buy unless you also purchase a case that will protect and wrap on the glass. And, buy and use screen protectors also. I simply don't want to fly again if this is "aviation" glass as the salesman went on about. Now, onto the phone it self...... I am in strong 4G area and I can't get the 4G most of the time. I get bad reception and rarely have over 2 bars. Dropped calls I thought was a thing of the past but I was wrong.
In 14 days the phone became glitchy. Half the time I wait and wait just to unlock it with the finger swipe. It's notably slower than my HTC Incredible 2 (3G). My friend thankfully bought it and taking a phone line that my dad had (now terminally ill), and I borrowed it until my upgrade time was here. I am having it replaced with a NEW one and won't even take it out of the box when it arrives. And, good luck to him.
It does take nice photos and some of the features are pretty cool but SO not worth the design of Gorilla Glass and Samsung. I dropped my Incredible 2 daily and had no case as none were available for double life battery. Also drop my iPod Touch 4th Gen and the glass is not well protected as the HTC design, but small chips on edges that you can only feel and not see. I have carpel tunnel and drop things.
Just know that...

Build quality 1/10 cheaply designed and must have hard insulated protection added
Call quality 2/10 drops calls often
Multimedia 1/10 can't text and be on phone at same time
Text input 2/10 hate the predictive .... dumb dumb. I no (know) how 2 (to) Spel (spell) lol

Pros

• colorful screen, cool features, camera

Cons

• bad design

RagsandBitches alternatives:

Phullofphil
posted on 01 Aug 2012, 15:45 (Posts: 800; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)

Verizon SG3 has perfect hardware but between Samsung and Verizon, and mostly Verizon, screwed up android a little with bloatware and locked bootloader

Phullofphil has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I wish it had a unlocked boot-loader, and i wish it was a nexus device besides that it is one of my favorite phones i ever had. The other two phones are my samsung omnia wich i thought was the best phone out when it first came out. The other phone is my Galaxy Nexus. Love my Samsung phones. If i can go back and add more to this review i will later i am off too work.

Text input 5/10 The only way for me to get long text done fast accurate and correct is by using the Google voice recognition other wise i have to constantly go back and correct all the time. I always find my self sending text to correct my wording

Pros

• Big Screen
  • Good battery management
  • Great voice recognition
  • Overall great phone
  • I can go on about the good things for a while but most reviews covered it. It is an awesome phone. Almost perfaect
  • Wireless charging system is awesome and somewhat inexpensive with account discount got min for $50 including charging pad

Cons

• Word prediction engine makes a lot of errors and i find my self sending corective texts all the time if i dont proof read my messages
  • S voice does not work half the time.
  • Could tone down on the touch wiz
  • needs jellybean asap
  • locked boot loader
  • My galaxy nexus is somewhat better expierence especially since i put a version of jelly belly jellybean rom on it. My sg3 would be 10 out of ten with an toned down touchwiz on jellybean OS.
  • Developement is hard to do with locked bootloader and not much going on in that area. Devoliping different roms and improvements is my favorite part about Android
  • Just like my Galaxy nexus verizon ruined a lot of the android expierence because they took to much control over all there phones.

Phullofphil alternatives:

wsucoug13
posted on 25 Jul 2012, 15:51 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)

One ballin ass phone!!

wsucoug13 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I waited a long time for this phone and it hasn't disappointed. The biggest con I heard against this phone before I got it was that is had bad build quality, however when you actually pick it up and feel it and remove the battery cover you see that it is actually very sturdy feeling and light. Looks a lot cooler in real life than in photos online, especially the white. Reception is crystal clear same with call clarity, picks up 4GLTE if your anywhere close to the area or just does 3G which is still crazy fast with this phone. Internet is amazing with the big screen, super fast never stutters or shows checkered boxes. Multimedia isn't anything to write home about but works very well, headphones the phone comes with are VERY clear! Camera is incredible, especially when you take videos in 1080p. Just last weekend took a bunch of wakesurfing videos and the clarity of the wake is stupid good! UI speed is fast and fluid, phone is fast in every way. For every day usage it is a bit large at times but just takes some getting use to. Text input is good but the predictive text is not, thinking about buying a 3rd party application. Battery is surprisingly good for how incredible this phone is, a lot better than my old Droid. S-Voice works well for calling, texting, or weather but can be confused quite easily (gimmick anyway). S-beam works very well also, super cool feature of Samsungs. Overall this phone is super sick!!

Pros

• Web browsing
  • Camera and video recorder
  • Looks (opinion)

Cons

• Predictive text
  • Too large at times (still worth it)