Samsung Galaxy S III Sprint User Reviews

Everyday usage9.4/10
Camera8.7/10
Multimedia9.4/10

vincetwen
posted on 20 Jan 2014, 19:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)

great phone, fewer problems than GS2

vincetwen has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is not as oversensitive as GS2. It has great 4G LTE features. Better than my past GS2 and ZTE warp phone. With the original battery, it charges every 18 hours. Better battery management than GS2.

Build quality 10/10 great design.
Reception 9/10 very seldom does it lose signals. Other than that, good signal reception.
Internet 10/10 Does not freeze up as GS2 and ZTE Warp.
Multimedia 8/10 Some features are repetitive.
Text input 10/10 I use 搜狐拼音. It is great software, fully compatible with the phone with little problems.
Display 9/10 Irrelevant apps pop pu from time to time.
Battery 10/10 I could give 20 if it is equipped with zerolemon 7000 mAh. You charge every 2 to 3 days.

Pros

• many

Cons

• a little

wrestla88
posted on 22 Nov 2013, 13:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Feb 2011)

wrestla88 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I love it, however I dont use all of the stock stuff so Im slightly biased.
I use Nova launcher and Swiftkey for a keyboard.

After having the phone for over a year Im still impressed with the battery life.
Any problems I have are Sprint related.

UI speed 7/10 I use Nova launcher

Pros

Cons

• TouchWiz is ok

Jack58221
posted on 23 Feb 2013, 09:06 (Posts: 127; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)

better than your average free phone.

Jack58221 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

got the phone in November an sale for $50. I still feel like I got ripped off. All I got was an entry level phone with a very large screen. for a so-called high end phone you get a camera that is comparable to the flagship phone's of 2009, in a cheaply built phone.

Build quality 7/10 battery cover is so thin I worry that I will break it when I take it off.
Reception 6/10 a little less signal than my old evo. and a lot less than my wife's free phone the lg viper.
Internet 6/10 on 3g it will every few minutes tell me preparing network and give no internet. on Wi-Fi it will just keep disconnecting every couple minutes.
Camera 2/10 blurs more that my old htc evo, and you cannot turn off that cheap sounding shutter noise. Samsung made that a permanent thing.

Pros

• the front half is built strong
  • better than average battery
  • gorilla glass

Cons

• can't turn off camera sound effects
  • cheap built on the back half of the phone
  • volume and power button push to easily. prop the phone up on its side for a video and the phone own weight will mute or power down the phone.
  • BSI sensors for camera are cheap. Really poor pictures compared to similar price phone's.
  • ghosting on hdr pictures is really bad, even if phone is mounted and taking a picture of something stationary.
  • sensors for back and menu keys are tooclose to the screen. try and rich a point on the edge ofthe screen and sometimes it will pop up the menu, or back you out of what you were doing.
  • sensors for the screen to turn out of when making calls need some work. screen will stay on for some calls and the phone gets to hot then shuts down to prevent over heating. the screen is not stuck on though because sometimes in a call you need to press 1, but can't because it thinks a finger is a face and turns the screen off before you can press it
  • Samies text input has a small vocabulary, and always picks the wrong word. none of the other Swype programs work right on it either. I had to manually enter all the spaces between the words because they automatically get deleted right away.

kabbas
posted on 23 Dec 2012, 16:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)

Overall good phone

kabbas has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is a pretty great phone overall, it's very fast and fluid, the colors are very bright and vivid. The settings on the phone are unique as well and I love the motion controls. A few things that bothered me the most were the battery life and the slow wifi. My batter will be fully charged and within a few hours it's already down to 50%. My husband has the same phone and his battery is just as bad. We even charged them fully before turning them on when we got them. Also the wifi isn't the fastest, I expected that it would be a bit faster, especially using a fast wifi connection.. other then that the phone i sawesome. I also love the sharing thing, makes sending music to each other super quick and easy.

Reception 7/10 Sprint's network isn't the greatest...
Internet 9/10 internet is nice, wifi connectivity is slow
Text input 8/10 Still haven't found a keyboard that I truely enjoy.
Battery 2/10 I hate how crappy the battery is.

Pros

• display
  • personalization
  • motion feautres
  • sharing
  • processor

• wifi speed

durag1
posted on 16 Aug 2012, 01:28 (Posts: 32; Member since: 29 May 2012)

Almost Awesome!!!! Read This Beaustir45 (EDITED)

durag1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Awesome phone. I could not ask for better functions and options on phone. Display, Camera and smoothness on touch screen works flawlessly!!! I replaced battery with a 4300mAh battery so battery life is no issue and love it! Last forever! Reception is terrible compared to my old HTC Evo 4g phone. Most of my job sites have 1 bar on Galaxy S3 and my old Evo had full signal. Went to sprint 3 times with no improvement. Feed up with Sprint. May pay $350 early cancelation fee and switch carriers. Sprint's service is so bad! I also hate paying premium data fee when they don't even have it,(LTE). Has 3g only for the galaxy s3. Like watching grass grow. By the way Beaustir45, the weather issue your talking about, just tap the weather widget on screen, then push bottom left menu button on phone to bring up settings, then set auto refresh to every hour or which ever you want. easy fix but may use more battery.

Reception 1/10 Reception is terrible compared to my old HTC Evo 4g phone. Most of my job sites have 1 bar on Galaxy S3 and my old Evo had full signal.Sprint can't fix it
Internet 10/10 This is probably due to my bad reception problem

Pros

• Everything but Reception/Signal

Cons

• Reception/Signal

Beaustir45
posted on 25 Jun 2012, 16:34 (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)

This phone BLEW me away!

Beaustir45 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Previous phones- 2011 LG optimus V->2012 LG Optimus Slider->mid2012Samsung Galaxy SII->now !!!!!Galaxy SIII!!!!!

I preordered the SIII two days before the launch day, and received it on the 21st! I love this phone and hope that Apple has some badass stuff in the works, becuase they're going to need it to beat this phone. I had the HTC EVO 4G LTE for three hours and put it in the box and sold it right away, but I don't want to do that with this phone.

I want this phone for 2 years.

First off the camera has all of the features that you want, quick shutter response, burst mode that will take 20 photos in a second and a half, and best shot that takes 8 photos in a second and can choose the best one(the one where you're mom isn't blinking).

Second the screen is retina son! You can't see pixels unless you have really good eyes and stare at the screen from two inches away. Such a sharp and natural picture, so you'll have to get used to that after coming from your Galaxy SII(which was my last phone).

Third, Touchwiz did it all right. Only thing I have a tiff with is the weather app that's built in doesn't update, so you manually have to update it to get the latest weather, pretty bad if you ask me.

S Voice is pretty sweet if you're into that kind of stuff. I always find a quicker way to find things, due to this phone having everything in the right place.

I have had reception everywhere, even when it says I have little to no reception, this phone makes the most of it. And the battery...

Build quality 10/10 Feels like a futuristic device in your hands, don't mind the "bad reviews" about how it doesn't feel ike
Camera 10/10 Oh man, haven't found another camera like this!
UI speed 9/10 Home button lags a second, and lock button lags a second before the screen lights up too.
Display 10/10 Amazing screen, I don't notice that it's Pentile even.
Battery 9/10 I would sacrifice thickness for a much larger battery, but this thing is so thin, it's worth it, hahaha

Pros

• Screen (only going to mention what amazes me)

becazican
posted on 25 Jun 2012, 08:36 (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)

great phone

becazican has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this phone is amazing, cant stop playing with it, had the evo lte and returned it in 4 days. battery last me all day and that is with me playing constantly on it . sound quality is the best i ever had on a phone , only complaint wish they would of not put the power butten on the same place on the other side of the volume buttuns but i am learning to not turn volume down when i hit the power button.

Pros

• long battey life
  • fantastic display
  • speed
  • like the feel of it in my hand

Cons

• location of power button