Samsung Galaxy S II T-Mobile User Reviews

Camera9.4/10
Multimedia9.6/10
Internet9.4/10

twistina
posted on 14 Nov 2014, 12:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Nov 2014)

Do not recommend unless you want to be a slave to your charger.

twistina has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Battery Life is Terrible: I purchased this phone to upgrade from my old LG and at first it worked pretty well but soon the battery began draining quickly. I use a few apps that run in the background which quickly run the battery life down in this phone. So I bought a backup battery that I try to keep charged when the one in the phone dies. Then the batteries would constantly overheat and then restart over, and over, and over. Then I bought a portable charger, which only gives me a small boost in emergency situations and you have to keep that charged too. If I don't charge my phone at night and go to work, it will be dead by lunchtime.
Ram is not adequate: Simply waking my phone from sleep to enter the passcode is a challenge. The screen is halfway there, waiting for the keyboard to appear, but if I press the screen too quickly it will choose the emergency dial. It is so frustrating. Even if I close all running apps, I still have this problem with lagging screen and keyboard. Apps freeze, the phone randomly shuts down, and is even unresponsive at times. The keyboard freezes in the wrong direction if screen rotation is activated so I always turn it off. Frustrating!
Sound quality: Decent, but speaker is in the back so I often have to turn the phone around to get a better sound.
Texting: This can be extremely frustrating because the screen/keyboard lags and you have to wait to text, but then it enters craziness and you have to start over, and hurry up and wait again.
I am constantly...

Build quality 5/10 Casing cracked
Internet 8/10 decent, but will randomly stop working and go back to the home screen.
Camera 7/10 Slow to start up, oten hard to focus.
UI speed 3/10 Lags
Everyday usage 3/10 Battery life drains extremely quickly
Text input 3/10 Random. Keyboard lags. Must disable screen rotation.
Battery 2/10 Poor, poor, poor.

Pros

• Good quality pics
  • Call quality
  • Internal memory
  • Screen is scratch resistant

Cons

• Very sloooooow
  • Keyboard slow to appear and disappear
  • Battery overheats and drains within minutes as above poster stated.
  • Slow to switch between messaging/phone calls/apps

review_again
posted on 27 Jan 2013, 18:25 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)

Truly a Classic

review_again has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I purchased this phone new for $300.00. it was loaded with ICS. This phone is an absolute steal at this price point. This is a quality, high performance phone by anyone's standards. I'm extremely pleased. In my opinion ....the best "bang for the buck" in smart phones.

PapaSmurf
posted on 28 Aug 2012, 13:11 (Posts: 8833; Member since: 14 May 2012)

GSII

PapaSmurf has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

One of my favorite phones of all time. It set the standard on how all Android phones should be. The phone is blazing fast, UI is easy to use, and paired with T-Mobile's 42mbps network, this phone flies.

Pros

Cons

PapaSmurf alternatives:

rocksation
posted on 06 Jun 2012, 10:01

Beauty in White, Absolute Specs.

rocksation has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The phone is very fast, the screen is so vivid, it's Super AMOLED! The processing is very smooth although the chipsets is not as new as the Exynos. Also, the phone will get its official Ice Cream Sandwich update soon (June 11th, 2012). However the amount of pixel decreased by 11 pixels from it's brother, the international version of S II I9100. Both cameras works really great.

Build quality 10/10 First of all, it's plastic. Have you heard that plastic would take time to decomposed on earth, for like hundreds of years? (kidding) The material is just awesome and feels comfortable on hand.
Multimedia 10/10 Only to video playback, it supports almost all of video formats.
Display 10/10 it's super AMOLED and capacitive-multitouch screen? What else could I expect?
Battery 4/10 The battery drains like hell!

Pros

• Back and Front camera is very convincing! great 8MP back camera and good quality 2MP front camera
  • Very fast processing capabilities, double the 1.5Ghz.
  • Considerable RAM, 1GB.
  • Big Screen.
  • The phone is very big and really thin!!
  • Very responsive touchscreen
  • Very good image quality.

Cons

• Battery drains like hell! I need to charge as much as twice a day, that is already at minimum usage.
  • The pixel has been downgraded (206~ pixels) from it's brother, S II I9100 (217~ pixels)

mrgregddavis
posted on 06 Feb 2012, 00:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)

Just Amazing...

mrgregddavis has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is quite possibly the most solid, all around phone I have ever owned. From the quality of calls and ease of hearing those on the other end to how well it handles full web browsing, the S2 has it locked down. I really can't say a single bad thing about this phone.

For those that complain about the battery life; I spent and entire day surfing the web, taking video and pics, wifi and bluetooth on the whole time and using various apps and by the end of the day, about 10 hours, my battery was finally telling me to charge.

Build quality 9/10 The slim size of the phone coupled with the flimsy back forced me to take a point off.

Pros

• Too many to list.

Cons

• Absolutely none.

hfielding
posted on 29 Dec 2011, 01:49 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)

Beautiful phone, Horrible battery life

hfielding has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Love the screen, love the size, but I HATE the fact I have to make this SMART phone DUMB so I can have it last atleast the time I am at work. Ihave tried to kill as many apps as I can can, finally had to disable push email, so its pretty much a large feature phne. I have read a lot of reviews and I cannot understand how they get such great battery life

Everyday usage 6/10 Battery life makes everyday usage hard, with very little to no usage, the battery drains very fast
Battery 3/10 Battery drains very fast with little to no usage. All the reasons that makes this smart phone smart has to be disabled. Why have a smart pone that has to be made dumb

Pros

• nice looking phone, most things are great

Cons

• BATTERY, the worst. Each day I try to tweak it and still use it as a smart phone just frustrates me to the point I feel like smashing it on the ground, Samsung I love your electronics, but you need to improve the battery life on your android phones
  • if you want a beautiful phone this is it, if you want a smart phone that will last all day with using the features that makes this a smart phone, look elsewhere

fabiaguilafc
posted on 29 Nov 2011, 04:05 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

Galaxy S2 Proves that Samsung is tha best smartphone maker out there!!

fabiaguilafc has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I don't why that Phone Arena only gave it a 8.5. Are u kidding me!! It gets a 10!! It has the best battery life of any Android smartphone I've seen!! It kills the IPhony in everyway!!! This the phone of the year!! Can't wait for Galaxy S3!!

Android
posted on 25 Oct 2011, 02:48 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Dec 2010)

Very Fast Phone

Android has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is fast. Love the big screen and how thin it is. It runs Andorid 2.3 so it comes with the latest build and hopefully the ICS update later. The resolution is good and the front and rear cameras are great. The battery life is decent. I love it!

Pros

• 4.5 inch screen
  • Super thin phone
  • Good Camera

Cons

• nothing yet!

Android alternatives: