x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Galaxy S II AT&T Discussions
  • Options
    Close

October 6th Release Date of Samsung Galaxy S 2 for AT&T

M1K3YWR19H7 19 Sep 2011, 15:25 posted on

I am a rep at a AT&T store and the big man from corporate just came in and within talking about the slash in price on the Samsung Infuse 4G he spilled the beans on the release date of the most highly anticipated smartphone AT&T has seen since the original Iphone. CANT WAIT!!!!!!

posted on 19 Sep 2011, 15:36

1. bdp02 (unregistered)

but that's a thursday... doesn't AT&T typically release on sundays?

posted on 19 Sep 2011, 15:57

2. M1K3YWR19H7 (Posts: 18; Member since: 31 Jan 2011)

this is a good point. The guy who i spoke to is our district manager for 22 stores in our area. I figured he knows what hes talking about. Ive been waiting for this phone for a while i hope hes right. Maybe he meant the 9th?

posted on 28 Sep 2011, 21:36

14. Chad (unregistered)

Its supposed to be the 2nd check CSP.

posted on 28 Sep 2011, 21:35

13. Chad (unregistered)

AT&T does typically release on Sundays. I received for emails from ATT this morning saying it wasn't going to avaliable in los angeles, san francisco, and Reno markets. And then another saying the launch date is post poned when yesterday it wasn't so who knows when its going to hit the market.

posted on 19 Sep 2011, 19:13

3. Anonymous1 (unregistered)

I had just spoken with a person from Samsung and he leaked secret information. Then he went to a main person and they said that the information was not available to the public yet! So according to them. The information will be posted as a "suprise" on wednesday, but, the phone is being released on friday September 23. Exactly one week from the release of the sprint version.

posted on 19 Sep 2011, 19:54

4. ValeLywoud (unregistered)

Look, nothing personal to either of you who wrote these supposed release dates but until I see some concrete proof that one of these days is true, I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt. I hope one of these is true, but if not... Back to waiting. So yeah thanks for sharing at least.

posted on 19 Sep 2011, 23:07

5. Credizian (unregistered)

I hate this wait...whoever is the cause of this delay (AT&T or Samsung) deserves our wrath. Not saying i won't buy the phone but in some other way...maybe lower sales because people choose to wait for iPhone 5 or other phones (which we know is happening but I am talking significantly lower sales).

I just want the damn thing to come out already.

posted on 20 Sep 2011, 09:08

6. PuD (unregistered)

I went to an AT&T store on the 18th of September to get a new phone (mine went swimming. Long story) and figured "hey, perfect timing! The S2 is out today." Much to my dismay, it was not. I spoke to the AT&T rep while I was getting my Infuse and asked him about the S2. According to him, the retail stores typically don't know anything about the release until approximately 1 week prior to the release. They receive a display model of the phone and go through training on the handset so that they can provide customers with as much info about the phone as possible. He said that "typically, we receive the displays on tuesday or wednesday to prep for a sunday launch. Thats the day we release new phones." Thats when I asked about the return policy. You can return a new purchase within 30 days. So now, I'm still pretty excited because there is still a chance that I can return the Infuse (great phone btw) and pick up the S2... as long as it releases before on or before the 16th of October.
So, according to the AT&T rep in Colorado Springs, check back with them on Tuesdays or Wednesdays to see if they've gotten official word. Personnally, I wouldn't believe a single date posted on a blog or forum unless it's on the AT&T website and not from someone claiming to have "secret" information.

posted on 20 Sep 2011, 15:17

7. holicaholic (unregistered)

PuD that is the correct procedure. I am also a rep at AT&T. I cannot divulge any release information, but I am also upset that the device has not launched as of yet. It will be my new phone on launch day, and I will never look back on my other devices (that is until something else comes out worthwhile!).

Please have some patience, we don't build hype then pretend it never happened, it just isn't our way.

**My comments, opinions, and information written previously and henceforth do not express the views, opinions, wants, or needs of AT&T. All information written or discussed are public and not internal private property. Please take this post as a personal post, and not an official AT&T statement.**

posted on 20 Sep 2011, 22:16

8. Shade (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)

Quite frankly, I was very eager in owning this phone but after AT&T dropped the ball on Sunday, I feel I am just going to wait until the Nexus Prime; essentially the same phone but better...

posted on 21 Sep 2011, 10:30

9. ValeLywoud (unregistered)

AT&T just announced the release date for the phone via twitter & facebook as Oct. 2nd for $199 with contract. this morning. I had a feeling it'd be within the next week or two and freaking god does it feel good to have had my hunch be proven true!

posted on 21 Sep 2011, 20:48

10. Highly excited (unregistered)

Hello everyonee. official release date is OCTOBER 2nd , 2011. checked the sasmsung site it was posted today. Hope this helps everyone and it is a Sunday.

posted on 21 Sep 2011, 21:08

11. hyelton (unregistered)

Actualy UR wrong/ and or lieing about working for ATT. Its released on the 2nd

posted on 27 Sep 2011, 18:12

12. Sweet Ol Bob (unregistered)

I am another patiently waiting customer who want the GSII as well. I have finally decided what to do about the long wait. I have decided to place a curse on who ever is responsible for the delay. May that person or persons have a wife, two girl friends, a large home, plus two vacation homes, and a Porsche and Audi A8, and all 8 of them are 4 months past due. Still waiting.

posted on 29 Sep 2011, 15:00

15. AT&TMAN (unregistered)

I am a rep a an AT&T Store as well....we have our galaxy s2 and will be ready to sell on october 2nd

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories