x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече
Samsung Galaxy S 4G Discussions
  • Options
    Close

memory is disappointing

jrlane74 24 Jan 2011, 07:01 posted on

just 1 gig of internal memory? i actually had thoughts of buying this, i have the original vibrant and its got 16gig internal which is one reason i got it, and now the vibrant
PLUS only has 1 gig? how disappointing, these market apps have really grown in size and in that respect the internal should AT LEAST be 4gigs if not more, i should also say now that theres more uses on this but less room to put internal memorized items makes it a hard sell, Samsung should have really reconsidered this, also, if it has inception on it, the movie, wont that eat up a lot of the 1 gig?

posted on 25 Jan 2011, 11:32

1. MillerTime (unregistered)

The 1GB is in reference to RAM, not internal Storage capacity.

posted on 04 Feb 2011, 00:56

2. deedeedee (unregistered)

It comes with a 16gb microsd card as did the first vibrant. no flash but i could care less a phone is not defined by its camera. 720p hd video recording, tmobiletv, upto 21 mbps on tmobile 4g video calling wifi tethering and wifi hotspot.......this phone is top notch!!

posted on 15 Feb 2011, 00:13

3. tevroc (unregistered)

no.. the first vibrant came with a 2 gig sd and 16gb of internal memory... this phone i think has 1gb of memory period.. plus an SD card, which is slower than internal memory.. we need FAST MEMORY!

posted on 04 Mar 2011, 16:19

4. ChopFuey (unregistered)

I have more bad news from first hand experience. The internal memory for app storage is only 512 MB, yes people that's only half a GB. I came from the Galaxy S vibrant and now I can't even get all the apps on the new one without getting the "LOW MEMORY" notification. On top of all that it doesn't even allow you to use the full 512MB, once it gets down to 50MB the notification pops up and you can't download or even UPDATE your current apps. WTF were you thinking SAMSUNG?! At least the Vibrant had 2GB for apps. This is the last Samsung phone I'll buy. Let's see what HTC's got.

posted on 28 Mar 2011, 15:01

5. GalaxiiJai (unregistered)

I just returned this phone due to the lack of internal memory. I am now using my Vibrant again. While this phone does come with a 16GB memory card, ALL apps are not functional when transferred to the memory care. Unfortunately, many of the apps that I use requires that they are installed in the internal memory. Once you run short on internal memory a notification in generated & then you are forced to search for apps/files to delete in order to free up memory. Until this has been done you may not receive text, emails, files, etc. I thought that this was something that I could tolerate but it became quite bothersome. It seemed like every couple of days I was deleting another one of favorite apps!

The flash is definitely a feature that is not to be ignored. Who wants to go through the hassle of worrying about lighting when taking snapshots of memorable moments. I really don't understand how Samsung managed to release a phone considerably less functional then its predecessor. Sure, it now has a front-facing camera, but I prefer functionality over a camera for video chat any day.

I plan to wait for the LG Tmobile G2X to be released next month. It has 8GB of internal memory(which should be more than enough to handle most of my fav apps, FM radio(which international Samsung Galaxy phones have), a front facing camera, AND flash!

posted on 21 Apr 2011, 16:48

6. itchy (unregistered)

You can move installed apps to the DS Card in 2.2 -http://www.androidtapp.com/android-2-2-install-android-apps-to-sd-card/

posted on 18 Jun 2011, 13:25

7. colby (unregistered)

the trick is to move all the apps the the sd card which is really simple but once you do that you free up your space and ive never heard of haveing to have the apps on internal memory, i just spoke to both samsung and they said that you can transfer most apps to memory card just fine.

posted on 22 Aug 2011, 05:17

8. Disappointed with Samsung (unregistered)

No you cannot move all applications to the SD card.Internal memory is a huge problem.very disappointed!

posted on 24 Aug 2011, 10:17

9. miffed (unregistered)

my stupid phone is practically bricked since the low memory notification randomly popped up last night (not that it performed admirably before...). I have less than 10 apps from third parties that did not come pre-loaded on the phone. I have moved everything I can to the external SD card and still have the notification. The problem is that the phone comes pre-loaded with bloated, useless apps that you can not uninstall and can not move to the SD card (hello doubletwist, you p.o.s.!) If only I could get rid of some of the crap I don't even use, or at least move it to the card, I'd be happy. Well, really if I could delete doubletwist so it could burn eternally then I'd be happy... >:D

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories