Samsung Galaxy Reverb User Reviews

Battery8.5/10
Reception8.3/10
Display8.3/10

JMMBB
posted on 23 Nov 2013, 00:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)

Was Good but Jelly Bean killed it now LOL

JMMBB has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Oh well was good until they updated from ICS to Jelly Bean and I truly think it was the update that ruined this cell.
Previously it was fine for me in midrange cells like the HTC ONE V but the Update made the cell MUCH SLOWER IN BENCHMARKS, USAGE AND NOW IT HAS RANDOM REBOOT ISSUES.
I sent it back to Virgin and got a New Boxed one with JB already formatted on it and it was still no good with reboots and occasional freezes.
So I figured send it to Samsung and they will take care of me LOL! After TWO CONSECUTIVE REPAIRS IT STILL HAS PROBLEMS and they claim its Virgin software add ons doing this. Nobody seems to care now especially Virgin. They should've stayed with ICS since it was stable but unless rooted good luck.
But the screen is fine and Benchmark for CPU is about 1650 and is IDENTICAL to Samsung Ring internally except for ram. Why do they always mess up your phone and then expect YOU to pay for a new one! Virgin serves the JB Update and Ring has the EXACT same problems now too.
Using Performance Benchmarks lets you see EXACTLY where these cells fit in the power and performance range. You can download the Passmark Test from Google Play yourself and run several for an average but make sure all open Apps are closed and reboot once. Then about 15 to 100 people submit these Benchmarks for every phone around and the guys Average them out so they are right on. Individual tests for CPU, Disk and Memory writes, with 2D & 3D Video comprise the OVERALL Passmark System Performance. Seems...

Pros

• Large 2gig User Memory
  • Attractive Design
  • Good call quality
  • Brilliant Display
  • Easy Navigation
  • Super customizable
  • Long battery life
  • Decent Network considering the cost

Cons

• Jelly bean made it almost unusable with random reboots up to 8 times a day. Some days its OK, WHY??
  • Ram is just 768meg but shows just 585m after hidden apps are accounted for
  • Virgin Mobile has the dumbest techs on the Planet and Samsung is not much better now
  • Why didn't I buy the extended warranty LOL!
  • I'm almost sure Jelly bean needs a a dual core CPU like the Victory and that cell has NO Issues with JB
  • Buy the LG F3 LS720

JMMBB alternatives:

cdwjustin
posted on 02 Oct 2013, 13:14 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)

It worked once... before the OS update then is went snail slow

cdwjustin has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Ok when i first bought his phone was great then there was a system update that broke it. Constent freezng where the screen becomes unresponsive, its very slow, So slow as it can take 15 seconds for the keyboard to come up for you to type anything. Oh and also random restarts wile your useing the phone or it will just power itself off with 50% battery.

Pros

• works kinda

Cons

• slow
  • camera take long time to use
  • freezes
  • random restarts and powering off

mrcrunch08
posted on 04 Dec 2012, 00:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)

The best possible phone you could buy new for $99

mrcrunch08 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have only had the phone for a week but I'm very pleased. It does anything I need it to do and does it quickly. I previously had the htc one v but due to the $99 sale price of the reverd I returned the one v. I am happy I did. I didnt think I would notice the slightly faster cpu but it was a lot more noticable than you would think. Also the gpu performs much better even though it is the same one in the one v. I mainly play hot shots 2 and 3 which ran well on the one v but feels a good deal smoother on the reverb. Even benchmark apps show a difference. I read other wise but in my short time with the reverb I notice I get better quality pictures and video than the one v did. It is missing many of the nice camera features the one v had though. I only have two complaints with the reverb. The first is I tend to mess up typing but I found if I dont use the tips of my thumbs like I normally do and actually use the pad of my thumb the problem goes away. It's not a problem in landscape mode though. The second is the phone is very slippery. I have already had it pop out of my hands twice. It's nothing a case won't fix. The review wouldn't be complete without a mention of the screen and battery. Neither are great but they are nowhere near bad. The screen isn't super crisp like the one v but it is nice and the colors are very good and better in my opinion. The battery is also pretty good. With moderate use it will last all day easy. On cyber monday I spent 5 hours easy of heavy internet...

Pros

• perfect size and snappy performance for a prepaid

Cons

• it's slippery. get a case.

masterbean
posted on 03 Dec 2012, 10:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)

Pretty Good

masterbean has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I started using this phone on the 1st of October 2012, currently it's December 3rd, 2012. So far I enjoy it, it's responsive it has survived a couple drops (it's kind of slippery). My only gripe is the auto focus of the camera does not work too well. But it works well enough to work with a bar code scanner for an app I use (MyFitnessPal), which is a huge plus over my last phone. I had to pickup a stylus because I'm terrible and poking the screen in the correct spot to type out text and emails, but that's more me than the phone. My brother had a hard time understanding me if I held the phone in the palm of my hand while talking, So I have to hold it on the edges with my fingers and keep my palm as far away as possible, which is kind of annoying, or just use a bluetooth headset.
I've notice that it tends to reboot/shut off if it's in my front pant's pocket, I don't know if I'm somehow flexing it such that the battery disconnects briefly or if maybe the power button is being held in, either way I try to avoid carrying it there.
Overall, I likes!

Build quality 8/10 it has survived a few minor drops, but it's rather slippery and I have to hold it funny to talk on it
Reception 10/10 I haven't had any issues with data or voice reception
Call quality 10/10 Other than people hearing me if I'm holding it close to my hand (which I have attributed to the build) I haven't had an issue
Internet 10/10 fast for a 3g
Multimedia 9/10 Sound quality is pretty good, but I can hear a crackle in the speakers
Camera 6/10 Auto focus does not work well and the camera is a little slow to pull up and take a picture. So, it isn't a replacement for a camera but if you want a picture and don't have a camera it will do.
UI speed 9/10 very responsive
Everyday usage 9/10 I use it every day and often do not have any issues
Text input 9/10 screen is responsive, I'm not skilled at it so I won't give it a 10 since I need a stylus to use it
Display 10/10 great screen, plenty of color range
Battery 9/10 I typically only have to charge it once per day, even with a day of heavy texting

Pros

Cons

• Have to hold it funny to talk on it
  • auto focus on the camera doesn't work well