Samsung Galaxy Prevail User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Build quality7.2/10Text input6/10Everyday usage6.3/10UI speed5/10Camera4.3/10Multimedia5.4/10Internet5.8/10Call quality6.6/10Battery4.7/10Reception6.4/10Display7/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 06 Jul 2012, 13:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
My Prevail Experience
TerryS has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review
Got the Prevail when it first came out. I actually pre-ordered the phone from Best Buy Mobile. This is the 3rd Prevail. The first one got damaged in water. The second was DOA (calls would cut out). The 3rd was the charm. I have read the reviews here and had to write this. I have not experienced many problems with the phone and the ones I did, the solution was a very easy fix. (1) Batter Life .. download a battery preserver app. I do agree the battery life sucks. But I have a spare battery charged and ready to go. (2) Memory .. either download an app to move programs to the SD if it is allowed or use the Manage Applications to do move apps. (3) Scratched Glass .. get a Zagg Invisi Shield. They cost about $20 or so. The shield does not affect the screen response and it has a lifetime guarantee. The other problems, my battery cover does not come off unless I take it off. I have not problem telling how my phone is oriented. I have a shock case for my phone and it makes it very easy to tell the orientation of the phone even in the dark. As far as the keyboard, if you do not like the default keyboard, download another one from app market.
1 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 13 Mar 2012, 00:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Prevail
aharsen has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
I was very excited when I bought this phone. I had spent nearly a month researching the "smartphones" before making my purchase and felt very confident that I had made an excellent decision. Unfortunately, after purchasing the phone and having it only a week, I tried to download the Adobe Flash app from the market and it tells me that the phone is not compatible! I was shocked because in doing research it says that you need The Android 2.2, which is what the phone has. So, I would like to know why I get the not compatible message.Build quality 9/10Reception 8/10Call quality 8/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 8/10UI speed 8/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 10/10Display 9/10Battery 5/10
- Great visual quality
- Awesome sound
- Not compatible with Adobe Flash Player
- Battery life
- Freezes up a lot
- No camera flash
- Scroll doesn't work when using internet to get on facebook.
- Facebook app actually is worthless when you can't share things
0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 23 Feb 2012, 17:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
TinaD has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
My phone also freezes up alot and I wish that it would light up when I recieve a text message, sometimes at my job I cant have it on vibrate because it interfers with the phones and makes a buzzing sound. Is there a setting to make my phone light up and i am not finding it??Build quality 8/10Reception 1/10Call quality 2/10Internet 5/10Multimedia 2/10Camera 2/10UI speed 3/10Everyday usage 1/10Text input 2/10Display 5/10Battery 1/10
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 09 Jan 2012, 17:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
redgs95 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
I think it is OK for a starter android phone. I would like for it to be faster on the internet. Also the memory(on board) is very small. Calls are okay but could us a better signal. Stand by time is okay and talk time is good . Battery is horrible if you use the internet or apps a lot .Build quality 9/10Reception 6/10Call quality 6/10Internet 4/10Multimedia 6/10Camera 4/10UI speed 7/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 7/10Display 8/10Battery 4/10
- screen is great.
- Android 2.3
- stand-by time is okay
- talk time is good
- Battery life stinks
- 3g signal is not so good
- camera is not so good
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 15 Sep 2011, 15:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Sep 2011)
davidfrombrooklyn has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
ive had it for less than a month and i had no problem with reception so far. Call quality as well as the internet are great in brooklyn. The camera sucks but i dont use it too much... The battery works for me... i go to school, come home, charge the phone, and listen to some music in an hour.... texting is hard with the small keyboard but i have learned to use swype and i am doing just fine. Moving from page to page is slow but the apps work well once they are open. i am satisfied with this phone.Build quality 9/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 8/10Camera 2/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 8/10Text input 8/10Display 5/10Battery 5/10
- Boost Mobile shrinkage plan
- Cheap phone
- Good reception
- light weight
- battery life
0 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 03 Aug 2011, 20:03
the prevail is pretty good for the price and deal
lay has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
i,ve had it for 2 days now.it has some con,s but it,s cheap,comes, with unlimited internet,call,and text,and overall i,m pretty happy with it.the internet could be better but i love the i can internet in places without wifi.i guess i love it so much because compared to my last phone it,s completely awesome.Build quality 7/10Reception 6/10Call quality 7/10Internet 4/10Multimedia 5/10Camera 6/10UI speed 3/10Everyday usage 7/10Text input 6/10Display 7/10Battery 4/10
- i can text by just saying the words instead of typing
- i have internet everywhere.even out side
- the battery life sucks.it goes fast and takes forever to charge
- the internet takes a little while to laod depending on were you are
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 01 Aug 2011, 03:01
EHHHH, for the price though....
that1guy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I like it a bit for what I use it for. I bring it to work, listen to tunes, etc etc, and if it breaks, it was only 155 dollars. I can't imagine bringing a 500 dollar phone to work with me. The battery life sucks if you are on it all the time. And it takes forever to charge..No flash sucks. Camera picture quality is ok at best. And it has froze up on me on a few occasions. No big deal for a budget smart phone and a 50 dollar a month, unlimited net, text, call bill. I am happy enough. But if I was buying a phone and had a lot more dough in the pocket and i could carry it at work without risk of breaking it and it was still a no contract phone.... I would go with a better phone.Build quality 6/10Reception 5/10Call quality 6/10Internet 6/10Multimedia 6/10Camera 3/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 7/10Text input 6/10Display 7/10Battery 3/10
- no contract
- no flash and camera is just ok
- freezes, rarely, but still
- battery life and charge time
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 24 Jul 2011, 04:03
This Phone Is A piece Of Crap
Jasmin. S has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
So I've had my phone for 6 days. Its cheap you can tell because it weighs an ounce. The battery life sucks it only lasts 4 hours so i have to carry my charger ever where. And the best part is my bottom buttons stoped working for fun so now i have to wait for a new one. The phone is horrible!Build quality 2/10Reception 4/10Call quality 4/10Internet 2/10Multimedia 2/10Camera 3/10UI speed 2/10Everyday usage 2/10Text input 2/10Display 2/10Battery 2/10
- Battery is only 4 hour use
0 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 19 Jun 2011, 12:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
JustJewell has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
THE SAMSUNG PREVAIL IS A PIECE CRAP.... OR LETS JUST SAY, NOTHING LIKE YOU EXPECT. I HAD THIS PHONE FOR LESS THEN 3 DAYS AND IN THAT SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, THIS PHONE HAS FROZE UP MORE TIMES THEN A VIRGIN ON PROM NIGHT! THE VIDEO AND PICTURE QUALITY SUCKS! IT DROP MORE CALLS THEN A OLD PERSON AT A DANCE, AND THAT'S JUST TO NAME A FEW. (THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE)Build quality 5/10Reception 1/10Call quality 4/10Internet 2/10Multimedia 1/10Camera 2/10UI speed 1/10Everyday usage 1/10Text input 2/10Display 5/10Battery 1/10
- I guess it's better then nothing (I think)
- shrinkage plan
- can't send multiple text
- reception is bad
- picture quality sucks
- battery dies quick
- doesn't let me view all of my messages on facebook and etc....
- very slow navigating
- really slow operating system
3 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 03 Jun 2011, 01:00
Galaxy Prevail (6.5)
Angela V has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
I can see where pabloso is coming from. I had similar problems as well. Its more of a girl phone tho. But that DanO guy must be working for either Boost or Samsung. His review was just based on pabloso's negative feedback. Try making your own review and respect other peoples feedback. Maybe his phone is defective. idk?
But anyways. I hate the fact that my phone freezes at times. I guess thats why they didn't post the memory specs for this phone. I wish the camera was better but i guess you get what you paid for. I Really like that mic button that will type anything you say, but seriously if that was the case i would have called someone. sometimes we have to text cause we cant obviously speak . And most of the time i end up clicking it by accident cause its too close to some buttons, which gets annoying. Either way its an ehh phone for the $$$. Definitely a GIRL PHONE!Build quality 8/10Reception 9/10Call quality 8/10Internet 7/10Multimedia 4/10Camera 4/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 6/10Text input 5/10Display 8/10Battery 7/10
3 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 02 Jun 2011, 10:05
Samsung Galaxy Prevail is AWESOME!!! (if you actually take time to learn how to use it) Pabloso, Learn how to use your phone and it works great!
DanO has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
Pabloso, how can you say this phone is "poo poo", you doo doo?
First of all, Learn how to use your phone, there is a regular keyboard option in it, & a mic so you can speak and it will type, how much easier can it be?!
2. Try holding in the power button for a second to pull up the dial pad and speaker option when on a call. You are wrong when you say: "if you program the phone to hang up by using the top power button the dial pad wont work if your on the phone with someone."
3. "Which way is up"?! REALLY?! Feel the top & bottom edges of your phone, the power button is bumped up & that is the top / nothing is bumped up on the bottom! OR feel the front and back, you can feel the long speaker in the front (which goes up and towards your ear incase you need help with that also) and you can feel the ridge on the rear speaker (which is the top back of the phone)...
4. Yeah, speaker could be a little better, but not bad for the size. It also depends on the quality of whatever you are listening to. If recording sucks, so will listening to it!
5. Sending the text to someone else? With what seems like your limited phone instructions capability, you probably screwed up & hit the wrong person.
6. The plastic battery cover hasen't come off yet, and I've had the phone for a couple months. What the heck are you doing with it?!
7. Scratches? Again I say, What the heck are you doing with it?! Haven't had a problem with it. It's not meant for construction work. That would...Build quality 9/10Reception 9/10Call quality 8/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 8/10Camera 7/10UI speed 8/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 8/10
5 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 01 Jun 2011, 00:23
The Prevail is poo poo
Pabloso has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Pre-vail - Prove more powerful than opposing forces; be victorious.
ONLY 282MB of RAM!! i think NOT!
With 2mp camera, bad speaker, No flash and only swipe as a texting stype. I think theres alot of other phones that will "Prevail" over this phone now a days
Build quality 5/10Reception 8/10Call quality 7/10Internet 7/10Multimedia 4/10Camera 5/10UI speed 6/10Everyday usage 6/10Text input 5/10Display 9/10Battery 8/10
- android 2.2
- you can use regular head phones to listen to music
- can remove micro sd card from the side of the phone but is hard to take off cover.
- decent battery life
- No flash. so dont bother downloading a flash light app.
- only swipe texting. had to download T9 so i would be happy
- freezes up.. 282mb ram
- video format is 3gp. will not work with movie maker
- if you program the phone to hang up by using the top power button the dial pad wont work if your talking on the phone with someone.
- can not tell which way is up in the dark. feels the same both ways i hold it.
- gps has hard time locating my location at times.
- music speaker sucks.. Quality sucks and is not as loud as the i1.
- phone sent text to another friend when i was texting someone else
- sometimes the scroll does not work when im on facebook
3 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report