Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 User Reviews

Build quality8.8/10
Text input9.8/10
Everyday usage9.2/10

miberg81
posted on 08 Aug 2014, 16:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jun 2014)

super recommended for note-takers/paper-haters/business oriented users

miberg81 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've been using my n5120 8.0 tablet for about 2 month so far. Absolutely in love with it. Best device i've had so far.

Probably, i'm the only user to use it like a phone! So far i've been using it like my primary and only phone. I carry a little bag with me where i put my wallet, sunglasses etc, and there goes the Note too. Most times it's convenient enough, except for occasions i go running/dancing - when i have to leave the phablet behind, cause it's too clunky - can't put it on my arm (!) like i used with galaxy s2, while running. The ideal solution for this is probably a smartwatch. Maybe even a smartwatch with a sim.

My primary use of the tablet is a notebook. Since i bought it, i stopped using paper to write down. Using samsung note software to create full-size notebooks at work with the pen. I then back up those files to gdrive automatically. For paper-haters, like me, it's a life saver! The pen works really well. Samsung's software is very neat. It can recognize handwritten staff and convert to typed symbols.

The battery life is a downside. When i use it at work, writing with s-pen for about 8 hours (some of it with screen on) the battery is over at about 17.00, even before the day is over. I wish there were some battery saving feature for note taking. I guess, i'll buy an external battery accumulator to solve it, cause when you rely on your tablet at your primary tool for everything incl. business, you can't afford to have it shut down with no power. Probably an average...

Build quality 8/10 No gorilla glass
Reception 10/10 Great. Use it like a phone. no problem
Camera 7/10 No flash
Battery 6/10 Could be better

Pros

• S-pen is amasing, great for writing/note taking
  • 2GB RAM/ 4 QUAD - super fast!
  • Huge screen - great for reading
  • N5120 with sim - use it as my only phone
  • Great price! (the lowest in Note series)

Cons

• No flash
  • No gorilla glass - need good case to protect screen

miberg81 alternatives:

twired
posted on 07 Aug 2014, 13:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Aug 2014)

Poor Battery

twired has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall a decent tablet. The biggest plus of this palm size tablet is of course the ability to sketch and write via the amazing pen. The OCR is pretty amazing, not much lag in recognizing any sort of handwriting.

I did not like the fact the battery drained fairly quick. I'm not even using it on energy intensive apps and this thing looses just about all of it's full charge before the end of my day. My daughter was simply using it to read 75% of the day. The tablet was full charge in the morning, just on reading, the tablet was about 15% by 9pm in the evening.

I also found that the camera is lackluster compared to my iphone 4S. It's not the resolution but rather the picture quality, with regards to its contrast to brightness ratio and color saturation - it should be a lot better.

Camera 5/10 Poor color saturation, brightness and contrast ratio is exceptionally poor. Low light and daylight detection is almost non-existent.
Battery 3/10 Full charge in the morning at 100%. Just reading and 10% browsing, battery fell to 15% by 9pm. And it's a 4600 mAh, not a small battery. I think it's OS drains the battery pretty intensely.

Pros

• Pen and OCR

Cons

• Battery and Camera

okhodire
posted on 29 Aug 2013, 12:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)

best i have tried

okhodire has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

almost everyday I read all the news and articles, I immediately get hook with this unit. I bought the GT-N5100 model for it is the only model available in our country. It got tons of great functionality and very handy for my work and daily activities. The S-Pen is very superb however all my notes can't be viewed or print without using Samsung printer. Overall its very snappy, reliable at work but lacks in certain areas like camera flash, better resolution and longer battery life. I also noticed that the battery gets heat up a little bit when being used in longer time

Reception 10/10 the s pen featers is so good
Internet 10/10 the zoom and text is clear and very readable when zoom all the way out
Multimedia 5/10 the speaker is eazy to cover
Text input 10/10 the hand write recognization is good but the continues input is not good
Battery 8/10 battry goo down quiqly whith hevy use like gaming

Pros

• s-pen
  • the quad core 1.6GH
  • internet browsing

• speakers place
  • no camera flash
  • must has more updated os

okhodire alternatives:

somic19
posted on 12 Aug 2013, 10:12 (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)

One of the useful tablet today

somic19 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is my first tablet. Before I want to buy iPad Mini but when Samsung announced this and almost everyday I read all the news and articles, I immediately get hook with this unit. I bought the GT-N5100 model for it is the only model available in our country. It got tons of great functionality and very handy for my work and daily activities. The S-Pen is very superb however all my notes can't be viewed or print without using Samsung printer. Overall its very snappy, reliable at work but lacks in certain areas like camera flash, better resolution and longer battery life. I also noticed that the battery gets heat up a little bit when being used in longer time. I hope Samsung would also consider to add other apps for the multi window mode. If your after for almost same functionality but no S-Pen go for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0..

Pros

• Snappy
  • Reliable at work
  • Great S-Pen functionality
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Battery gets heat up a bit
  • No flash
  • No latest android OS

somic19 alternatives:

numair.shaikh
posted on 09 Aug 2013, 08:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)

NICE phablet

numair.shaikh has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

its quick big enough stylish strong and good. good features but nt android 4.3 and in low price we get the s pen which is awesome and the display in it is great.has 3g and wifi and looks great with and a medium size screen for tablets lots of features with an exellent build quality

UI speed 9/10 it has no flash

Pros

• S-Pen

agambhandari
posted on 31 Jul 2013, 02:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)

The Best Tablet on the Market

agambhandari has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It is very quick, snappy, the size is exactly what you need. Not too big....not too small....not too heavy. The price is something that could have been shaved off. I don't need the 3G but Samsung doesn't offer the WiFi only version in India.

Build quality 8/10 It is very solid, and feels durable enough, but not very premium for its prjce

Pros

• Fast UI
  • NO lags almost
  • S pen is brilliant
  • Display is great

Cons

• Not latest Android, though has most features
  • no flash on camera