Samsung Galaxy Note 3 User Reviews

Internet9.6/10
Call quality9.4/10
Battery9.4/10

binoy.gopinathan
posted on 24 Feb 2014, 07:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)

I love It

binoy.gopinathan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It is my first samsung and android phone...Before I used nokia.....I required more multi tasking mobile and bought Note 3 and its excellent performance. Display ....Internet speed....multi task.........built quality all....things are excellent....

Pros

Cons

• Battery back up

powerofviva
posted on 23 Feb 2014, 00:18 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)

The best i eve have

powerofviva has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

this is the best phone i ever had , i had sony , htc and iphone but none of them can mak competition with note 3 .
the only thing that should be better is build quality and battry .
but be aware that the build quality is still good , just check the drop test VS iphone on the youtube...

TasHsn
posted on 13 Feb 2014, 07:43 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

This phone is the epitome of awesomeness.

TasHsn has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Bought myself one last month. And I have to say, comparatively, this phone is the best among its competitors, although not perfect ( which no smartphone is). I can't say I had a pretty god time with Sammy and TouchWiz before, being a former owner of a Galaxy S2, but this Note 3 just blew my mind away.

Build quality 7/10 Design is pretty much elegant, but the buttons and the glossy sides sometimes feel ... unappealing. Very.
Internet 9/10 I think it might just be my unit, but almost every day, I experience a crash while heavy browsing, even if once. Might be a bug.
Multimedia 10/10 Big and vibrant screen. Hell it deserves 10/10 in this department.
Camera 8/10 I'd thought they'd go with 20MP camera. Hence, a bit disappointed, although th 13MP doesn't fail to shoot amazing photos at all.
UI speed 7/10 Even with so much power in it, there are a few significant lags which range from 3-5 seconds. ToushWiz is still too heavy?
Everyday usage 9/10 I find the S-Pen and its features pretty useful.
Text input 9/10 With that big screen, typing is like a breeze. I kinda hate the keyboard though.
Battery 9/10 The battery is pretty impressive, but I actually expected the battery capacity to be 3500mAh+ , given the bigger screen compared to the Note 2 (I am a heavy user). The battery is removable though, which is always a plus.

Pros

• Bigger, brighter FHD screen
  • Slimmer, lighter and compact
  • Faux-leather backing

Cons

TasHsn alternatives:

robert7107
posted on 12 Feb 2014, 11:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)

Top of the game....

robert7107 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Samsung isn't just the best Android maker but the best smartphone hands down. Galaxy line is so far ahead of the game it's scary.. IPhone had its day but unfortunately with the galaxy s line and now with note line. There isn't much true competition the note 3 screams it..... Not perfect but close to it.....

Build quality 10/10 Plastic back has got to go. Overall feels solid...
Reception 10/10 Not issue. Not a drop call yet
Camera 10/10 For a phone yes... If your a professional then buy a professional camera........
Everyday usage 10/10 Very much so... I use it for countless uses....
Display 10/10 Gorgeous...... Just hits you right in your face......
Battery 10/10 Battery is beast.... A few people have given it a negative.... Hmm., has off, brightness set.... I use the phone all day... 6am at 100% 9pm in 20% range... We're talking downloads, YouTube, gaming oh my...... Battery is awesome.....

• Call quality
  • S-pen

meshiash
posted on 06 Feb 2014, 15:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)

Best phone I have ever had!

meshiash has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

If you want amazing, timeless and powerful phone without compromises, just take it. Display, cameras, and all hardware inside are easily great! Good battery life, display has a great response, it's a very quick and smooth. You will no longer want to have different one phone.

PRASHU
posted on 30 Jan 2014, 03:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)

Amazing device

PRASHU has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Recently bought new Samsung galaxy note-3, its awesome device ☺..best android done by Samsung, lovely 1080P screen, incredible speed, smart looks and great functionality. The best smartphone I’ve ever used, really happy with my Note 3 ☺☺

Pros

• over all super device

morrowfellowmen
posted on 29 Jan 2014, 11:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)

great phone

morrowfellowmen has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

great phone, with a good screen and lots of good functions. i see people say it has a bad battery and i want to know what they are doing with it. my wife has a iPhone 5 and my phone always has more than 30% left when we go to bed. she has to charge her phone during the day to make it last, and we use it about the same amount throughout the day.

Build quality 9/10 yes its not metal, but it is better than other samsung phones. the leather type back doesn't get all scratched like metal phones and doesn't stain.
Reception 9/10 like all other phones i have owned.
Internet 10/10 great on the big screen.
Multimedia 9/10 multi tasking is awesome on this phone.
Camera 8/10 if you have a samsung its on pair with that. i don't us the camera a lot but thats cause i don't take pictures.
UI speed 10/10 wife has a iPhone, buddy has a lg g2 and my phone is always done downloading before them.
Everyday usage 10/10 not much you can't do on this phone
Text input 9/10 two handed but when i had a smaller phone i used two hands anyway.
Display 10/10 top 3 phone in display for sure.
Battery 9/10 better than most phones and with the 3.0 usb it charges super fast.

Pros

• great screen.
  • good battery
  • awesome for multi-tasking
  • has lots of features
  • fastest phone out there.
  • fits in pockets great cause its so slim
  • best phone on market

Cons

• you need two hands most of the time
  • screen smudges easily but most phones are like this.

anthonio360
posted on 22 Jan 2014, 10:33 (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 May 2011)

An Over rated device

anthonio360 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The Samsung Galaxy note 3 (SM-N900) is just an over rated device not a smartphone I will say, I think it all boils down to Samsung U.I the so called touch wiz its actually a poor U.I making the look and feel of every samsung phone look kiddish compared to the premium look of the HTC ONE sense 5, the Samsung Note 3 got lots of bugs and the battery life is of this device is absolutely miserable for a 2013 flagship phone. Camera looks fake like a photo shop, the qhd amoled isn't sharp,a lot of features which doesn't either function properly or probably useless. It goes on & on.......

Build quality 10/10 The build of the device is sleek,light and well designed
Reception 8/10 Has no problem with reception so far but hold up a sec it sometimes takes a little while for the Internet service to come on
Call quality 8/10 Call quality is same to a 2010 flagship phone no major improvement
Internet 9/10 I'll give it a 9 because of the screen size,it actually got a 5.7" so surfing the internet is always fun
Multimedia 9/10 pretty ok
Camera 5/10 looks over saturated
UI speed 4/10 Not encouraging for a 3gig ram device and over a million core processor
Everyday usage 5/10 Battery life sucks, so it actually affects the daily usage
Text input 9/10 the oem keyboard is pretty responsive and nice to type with
Display 7/10 Very Very poor display with the so called touch wiz and amoled display
Battery 7/10 Battery really sucks

Pros

• Big screen 5.7
  • memory card slot,up to 64 gig
  • Light weight
  • great design
  • removable battery
  • Nice keyboard

Cons

• Poor battery life
  • Poor U.I ( touch wiz)
  • slow
  • lots of bugs and bloatware

NationGuettaTR
posted on 21 Jan 2014, 06:21 (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)

User Experince of GN3 N9000 a.k.a Octa-Core version

NationGuettaTR has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A mini and important things on SGN3 N9000 a.k.a SM-N900. This version has True Octa-Core chip with ARMbigLITTLE technology. Also it's first phone to have Octa-Core processor (Galaxy S4 released in week it also have Octa-Core processor I9500 model) with heterogenous working.

Pros

• 5.7" FHD AMOLED Screen
  • built-in 32 Gb Storage
  • 3 Gb DDR3 RAM (2.8 Gb usable)
  • New S-Pen
  • New Air Commands
  • Latest Android version (4.4.2)
  • 1080p @60 fps video recording
  • 5th Generation Wi-Fi (ac)

Jani.1984
posted on 17 Jan 2014, 04:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)

salam

Jani.1984 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Ss a great phone in all respects, phone pendant, solid, strong.I hold for almost a month and amazes me every day.I tested the S4, G2 z1 and other top phones but honestly it does not compare with this. I reccomand it!

rubberdickey
posted on 07 Jan 2014, 22:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)

Great Phablet

rubberdickey has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great but not the best. You will get the common features from the Galaxy tier phones, and plus the S-pen features in an upgraded hardware phone. The display is great for watching HD videos, clear and crisp.

Multimedia 7/10 Some of my files doesnt show on the gallery, you need to run third party app to refresh the gallery.
UI speed 8/10 S-View doesnt always work, or takes some time before activating.

masterchina
posted on 04 Jan 2014, 23:18 (Posts: 50; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)

Bugga is mean!

masterchina has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Dis phone is da bestest yet. I've just recently upgraded from my s3 and I love it! It's crazy fast no
lag, for me I can go 2 days without charging. The S pen is awesome. Only gripe is the speaker is a little weak. Great phone!

Pros

Cons

• Weak speaker.

CSURamsJosh
posted on 02 Jan 2014, 01:52 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)

Best Phone I've Had!

CSURamsJosh has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had tons of phones, in 2013 alone I had the Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy S4, and this phone, and I am so pleased with this phone! The only things I've been a tad disappointed with are the camera, and every once in a while the call quality diminishes. I wish Samsung would have stepped up the S-View case however, because it could have been an awesome accessory! Overall, I LOVE THIS PHONE.

CrazyBullet
posted on 30 Dec 2013, 00:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)

I am a Note Freak!!! Just love it!

CrazyBullet has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had the chance to up grade from the Samsung Galaxy Note II to this Beast of a phablet. Like I said, I am a Freak when it comes to the Note series. I had the First one, Second one, and now Number 3. Of course, my next goal is to get the Galaxy Note 2 10.1 Tablet as well as the Galaxy Gear watch.

Build quality 10/10 Bigger display, clearer graphics. Lighter.
Call quality 10/10 No dropped calls, can call using wi-fi
Internet 10/10 Quick page loading
Multimedia 10/10 Awesome video and audio quality.
Camera 10/10 WOW
UI speed 10/10 Quick on the draw for what I put it through.

Rockytop
posted on 29 Dec 2013, 19:58 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)

Best Smartphone I've ever owned! Better than my Motorola RAZR & my I.phones 1,2, & 3

Rockytop has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I upgraded from Motorola Droid Razr the very 1st razr before MAXX and other forms. I haven't owned my Samsung Note 3 nearly as long but I can already tell I am going to be much happier with it. I'm not bashing the RAZR it was great phone if I had waited about another month when the razr MAXX was released I would've probably been alot happier it just went through battery like crazy. We're my Note 3 I charge it when I get home & it charges insainly fast. Then I take off charge sometimes as soon as charged if I need it if not when I go to bed I do. Then next morning still fully juiced were razr may have already started dropping. I go through my day making many calls doing stuff on internet play solitaire way to much. Lol but at end of day when I get home if I forgot to charge it I think it would make it through the next day if not like I said this thing charges like crazy fast. I love the bigger screen. Was little worried it may be to big but it's not. Like that the keyboard has more separation between keys I don't hit wrong keys with my fingers. I also have to say I'm not greatest speller & when I make mistakes it fixes them with actual word I was trying to say not something crazy out of this world where people I'm texting for example don't get word testing or wild words. Also another thing that shocked me was when I viewed photos & videos from my RAZR they were much improved. Anyways I would definitely suggest this phone to anyone looking for new phone.

Battery 10/10 Easily makes it through the day & if I forgot to charge it I'm sure it would make it through most of next day if not whole day plus it charges extremely fast.

Pros

• Great battery super fast charge clear screen for looking and taking pics. great overall phone

mgerreyn65
posted on 05 Jan 2014, 00:34 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)

The First Best phone that I have

mgerreyn65 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am having this phone for 2 days now and I have discovered all its features and many more to discover. I had no issues with lagging in games and the UI. Its S-Pen Is ultra cool as it is an extraordinary piece which is attached to the galaxy note. I am very happy with this as this is the first flagship phone that I have used by Samsung. I will be looking forward in getting the android 4.4 update.

Pros

• Awesome screen
  • Better Battery
  • Colourfull
  • Very fast
  • Superb camera
  • Looks great
  • First phone with USB 3.0
  • Better sensors

OmarDrake719
posted on 27 Dec 2013, 12:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

Not great enough !

OmarDrake719 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

First of All I boried form Sam f**kin' Sung Because the lying about the Performance the 3gb of ram it just 2.38 the snapdragon 800 2.3 ghz quad core well the dual core 1.3 A7 64.chip has light it up and beat it if you want i great phone for now you should get the iphone 5s don't say any s**t about the dual core of the Iphone it lights up any phone wants to beats it and the everyday usage it sucks

Pros

• 2.3Ghz Snapdragon 800 quad core
  • Super AMOLED display
  • super video rec 4K !
  • Massive Battery
  • The Build quality

Cons

• NOT 3GB OF RAM it just 2.38 OF RAM i SWEAR

Salehqaseer
posted on 20 Dec 2013, 07:43 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)

Best Android Phone yet!

Salehqaseer has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Amazing Smartphone :) best android done by samsung yet , the best Smartphone i've ever used , really enjoying my Note 3 ... thumbs up for Samsung well done ... i'm looking forward to Note 4 . Best Smartphone money can buy = Note 3

Build quality 9/10 Great pleather but i hate plastic smartphones , it has great feeling in the hand
Internet 10/10 amazing browsing experience , super fast WiFi and LTE downloading
Multimedia 10/10 best out of the box codec support almost every codec works without third-party apps
Camera 9/10 great 4k videos and 1080p@60fps but low-light pix aren't too good
UI speed 9/10 Great UI but no lags but its too heavy UI taking 6GB of Storage
Display 10/10 super amazing screen , watching 1080p movies rocks

Pros

• 4K Video Rec
  • 3GB of RAM
  • Amazing Screen
  • No lagging
  • Lots of features

Cons

Salehqaseer alternatives:

phillyundead
posted on 18 Dec 2013, 10:39 (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Dec 2013)

Awesome phone

phillyundead has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Totally worth it if you can afford it. has some bugs that i assume will be fixed with the kit kat update. definitely changed my opinion on Samsung's for the better. I had a very buggy, crappy S2 and S3 and gave up on them.

Build quality 9/10 Feels cheap with the plastic casing. Can't complain however cause the nicer casing would up the price. It's expensive enough as it.
Reception 10/10 This varies by carrier but with T-Mobile i have great reception and no issues.
Call quality 10/10 Clear and the way it should be.
Internet 10/10 Fantastic for the internet obviously. I love using this versus a tablet. Tablets are too big for me. At that point I'd rather use a computer.
Multimedia 10/10 Great for music and after coming from the Xperia Z, this has a great speaker. The screen is noticeably worse than the Xperia but still more than good enough.
Camera 10/10 Great camera! Haven't tried it in low light yet though.
UI speed 8/10 Pretty laggy for a device of it's kind. It is not 3 gigs of ram either and unless you completely remove a bunch of the bloatware, almost all of the RAM is constantly in use. (90%) of the RAM.
Everyday usage 10/10 I'm use to the screen size. Was having typos a lot but now i'm alright. Fits fine in my pockets.
Text input 10/10 You get use to it in a day or two.
Display 9/10 Not the greatest screen but certainly awesome. I'd have a different opinion if i didn't have an Xperia before this.
Battery 9/10 Pretty good. Lasts me all day usually.

Pros

• great screen size
  • fast
  • tons of memory and expandable SD slot
  • SPEN!
  • android 4.3
  • cool features like the swipe to screencap
  • loud speaker
  • charges fast
  • pretty good battery

Cons

• 2.3gb of ram, not 3
  • laggy
  • stock email app (not gmail) force closes constantly and freezes the phone.
  • android 4.3 compatability issues

phillyundead alternatives:

Daniel4592
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 23:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)

Note 3

Daniel4592 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Didn't like it at all. I found it to be far too bulky. The OS wouldn't allow me to play some of the applications I had downloaded. The size became too inconvenient for me. For having the 3 gigs of ram and snapdragon it still decided too lag on me for some reason. I expected better battery life. I did like the pleather back cover since it did not show fingerprints very well. I did like the multi-window feature as well but other than that I was not impressed especially coming from Samsung.

Pros

Cons

• Lags
  • expected a lot more
  • Too bulky
  • Impractical

king1000
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 23:09 (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)

The beast has unleashed

king1000 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got the White Lte unlocked sm-n9005 galaxy note 3 and it is just a beast in every category.The snapdragon 800 runs very fast and i dont know what people are talking about when they experience lag and i dont definetly see any
.The 1080p amoled screen is very good for everything. The spen is very good at what it does.Also it is almost unrivaled by multitasking.(Btw i am the same person as alaw.14)

Pros

• Very fast
  • Excellent 1080p screen
  • Beast at multitasking
  • spen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 and adreno 330
  • Good gaming experience

Cons

• is almost unrivaled

king1000 alternatives:

c.hack
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 20:09 (Posts: 491; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)

Big disappointment

c.hack has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Very disappointing oversized phone. Nothing new here except more gimmicks from Samsung. They still haven't realized that their UI slows down their phones and refuse to give users a choice to use pure Android. Same old Note - Samsung fails to give us any innovation, just an extra few tenths of an inch.

The phone is too big to use comfortably as a phone and too small to be a useful tablet. It also feels very cheap for a fairly expensive device.

A much better choice would be the Nexus 5 - faster, pure Android, and will get timely updates.

This one's a dud.

Build quality 6/10 Typical cheap Samsung construction
Reception 5/10 Mediocre reception
Call quality 5/10 Earpiece is ok, but constant complaints from other end that they can't hear me. Could be the mediocre radio too.
Internet 6/10 Big screen for browsing, but the Chrome browser is underwhelming.
Multimedia 5/10 Good for watching videos, but poor choice for audio.
Camera 4/10 Over processed photos and poor low light performance.
UI speed 2/10 Considering it has super fast quad core, it's amazing how much it stutters. I blame the Samsung's Touchwiz.
Everyday usage 3/10 Very clumsy to use as a phone, and too small to be a good tablet. I was very disappointed.
Text input 6/10 Good keyboard considering, but you would expect that with the large size. Nothing innovative.
Display 5/10 Good size, but poor quality. It's over saturated and washes out easily outdoors.
Battery 6/10 Good battery, but you would eect that for its size.

Pros

• Big screen

Cons

• Laggy UI
  • Bulky and uncomfortable to use

hsmitty
posted on 15 Dec 2013, 16:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)

Beast Mode

hsmitty has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've always favored Motorola products from the Nextel 880 to the Droid Bionic, so I was a bit hesitant on trying Samsung. If you're on the fence about this Phone, don't be. This Phone is always in "Beast Mode". Best phone I've ever owned.

Reception 9/10 Reception @ my job is spotty. 3g at best.

Pros

• Features
  • S Pen
  • Hands Free
  • Screen Size

andyh921
posted on 14 Dec 2013, 22:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)

Best phone I've had so far!

andyh921 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Been using iPhones since it came out. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the simplicity of iPhones and they had never failed me. However, I really hate the fact that I have to use iTunes for transferring my music and movie files over to my phone. Upgraded this year to the Note 3 and been happy ever since. Finally free from iTunes!

Build quality 10/10 I actually really like the fake leather back cover.

• Raw Power
  • S Pen

Cons

• Android 4.3 not compatable with certain apps causing the system to freeze

Arastooooooo
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 08:21 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)

Majestic Note 3 !!!!

Arastooooooo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Its the best android phone that I saw till now!! All of softwares and features on it, are really useful... whenever u want to use ur cellphone, it has a lot of thing that can amused u for hours. And!!! Its really better than G2! Handling of Note3 is really good....

Reception 10/10 Cuz it really Recepte!

Pros

• screen
  • multitasking
  • speed of cores
  • good ppi
  • cameraaaaaaa
  • Mr. S Pen !!!
  • lots sensors
  • ir
  • usb 3

Cons

• it better that have a bigger battery
  • sound speakers on music! (but not extremely bad! just a little) BUT the quality is fantastic