Samsung Galaxy Note 3 User Reviews

Camera9.2/10
Multimedia9.6/10
Internet9.6/10

Rockytop
posted on 29 Dec 2013, 19:58 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)

Best Smartphone I've ever owned! Better than my Motorola RAZR & my I.phones 1,2, & 3

Rockytop has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I upgraded from Motorola Droid Razr the very 1st razr before MAXX and other forms. I haven't owned my Samsung Note 3 nearly as long but I can already tell I am going to be much happier with it. I'm not bashing the RAZR it was great phone if I had waited about another month when the razr MAXX was released I would've probably been alot happier it just went through battery like crazy. We're my Note 3 I charge it when I get home & it charges insainly fast. Then I take off charge sometimes as soon as charged if I need it if not when I go to bed I do. Then next morning still fully juiced were razr may have already started dropping. I go through my day making many calls doing stuff on internet play solitaire way to much. Lol but at end of day when I get home if I forgot to charge it I think it would make it through the next day if not like I said this thing charges like crazy fast. I love the bigger screen. Was little worried it may be to big but it's not. Like that the keyboard has more separation between keys I don't hit wrong keys with my fingers. I also have to say I'm not greatest speller & when I make mistakes it fixes them with actual word I was trying to say not something crazy out of this world where people I'm texting for example don't get word testing or wild words. Also another thing that shocked me was when I viewed photos & videos from my RAZR they were much improved. Anyways I would definitely suggest this phone to anyone looking for new phone.

Battery 10/10 Easily makes it through the day & if I forgot to charge it I'm sure it would make it through most of next day if not whole day plus it charges extremely fast.

Pros

• Great battery super fast charge clear screen for looking and taking pics. great overall phone

mgerreyn65
posted on 05 Jan 2014, 00:34 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)

The First Best phone that I have

mgerreyn65 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am having this phone for 2 days now and I have discovered all its features and many more to discover. I had no issues with lagging in games and the UI. Its S-Pen Is ultra cool as it is an extraordinary piece which is attached to the galaxy note. I am very happy with this as this is the first flagship phone that I have used by Samsung. I will be looking forward in getting the android 4.4 update.

Pros

• Awesome screen
  • Better Battery
  • Colourfull
  • Very fast
  • Superb camera
  • Looks great
  • First phone with USB 3.0
  • Better sensors

OmarDrake719
posted on 27 Dec 2013, 12:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

Not great enough !

OmarDrake719 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

First of All I boried form Sam f**kin' Sung Because the lying about the Performance the 3gb of ram it just 2.38 the snapdragon 800 2.3 ghz quad core well the dual core 1.3 A7 64.chip has light it up and beat it if you want i great phone for now you should get the iphone 5s don't say any s**t about the dual core of the Iphone it lights up any phone wants to beats it and the everyday usage it sucks

Pros

• 2.3Ghz Snapdragon 800 quad core
  • Super AMOLED display
  • super video rec 4K !
  • Massive Battery
  • The Build quality

Cons

• NOT 3GB OF RAM it just 2.38 OF RAM i SWEAR

Salehqaseer
posted on 20 Dec 2013, 07:43 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)

Best Android Phone yet!

Salehqaseer has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Amazing Smartphone :) best android done by samsung yet , the best Smartphone i've ever used , really enjoying my Note 3 ... thumbs up for Samsung well done ... i'm looking forward to Note 4 . Best Smartphone money can buy = Note 3

Build quality 9/10 Great pleather but i hate plastic smartphones , it has great feeling in the hand
Internet 10/10 amazing browsing experience , super fast WiFi and LTE downloading
Multimedia 10/10 best out of the box codec support almost every codec works without third-party apps
Camera 9/10 great 4k videos and 1080p@60fps but low-light pix aren't too good
UI speed 9/10 Great UI but no lags but its too heavy UI taking 6GB of Storage
Display 10/10 super amazing screen , watching 1080p movies rocks

Pros

• 4K Video Rec
  • 3GB of RAM
  • Amazing Screen
  • No lagging
  • Lots of features

Cons

Salehqaseer alternatives:

phillyundead
posted on 18 Dec 2013, 10:39 (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Dec 2013)

Awesome phone

phillyundead has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Totally worth it if you can afford it. has some bugs that i assume will be fixed with the kit kat update. definitely changed my opinion on Samsung's for the better. I had a very buggy, crappy S2 and S3 and gave up on them.

Build quality 9/10 Feels cheap with the plastic casing. Can't complain however cause the nicer casing would up the price. It's expensive enough as it.
Reception 10/10 This varies by carrier but with T-Mobile i have great reception and no issues.
Call quality 10/10 Clear and the way it should be.
Internet 10/10 Fantastic for the internet obviously. I love using this versus a tablet. Tablets are too big for me. At that point I'd rather use a computer.
Multimedia 10/10 Great for music and after coming from the Xperia Z, this has a great speaker. The screen is noticeably worse than the Xperia but still more than good enough.
Camera 10/10 Great camera! Haven't tried it in low light yet though.
UI speed 8/10 Pretty laggy for a device of it's kind. It is not 3 gigs of ram either and unless you completely remove a bunch of the bloatware, almost all of the RAM is constantly in use. (90%) of the RAM.
Everyday usage 10/10 I'm use to the screen size. Was having typos a lot but now i'm alright. Fits fine in my pockets.
Text input 10/10 You get use to it in a day or two.
Display 9/10 Not the greatest screen but certainly awesome. I'd have a different opinion if i didn't have an Xperia before this.
Battery 9/10 Pretty good. Lasts me all day usually.

Pros

• great screen size
  • fast
  • tons of memory and expandable SD slot
  • SPEN!
  • android 4.3
  • cool features like the swipe to screencap
  • loud speaker
  • charges fast
  • pretty good battery

Cons

• 2.3gb of ram, not 3
  • laggy
  • stock email app (not gmail) force closes constantly and freezes the phone.
  • android 4.3 compatability issues

phillyundead alternatives:

Daniel4592
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 23:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)

Note 3

Daniel4592 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Didn't like it at all. I found it to be far too bulky. The OS wouldn't allow me to play some of the applications I had downloaded. The size became too inconvenient for me. For having the 3 gigs of ram and snapdragon it still decided too lag on me for some reason. I expected better battery life. I did like the pleather back cover since it did not show fingerprints very well. I did like the multi-window feature as well but other than that I was not impressed especially coming from Samsung.

Pros

Cons

• Lags
  • expected a lot more
  • Too bulky
  • Impractical

king1000
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 23:09 (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)

The beast has unleashed

king1000 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got the White Lte unlocked sm-n9005 galaxy note 3 and it is just a beast in every category.The snapdragon 800 runs very fast and i dont know what people are talking about when they experience lag and i dont definetly see any
.The 1080p amoled screen is very good for everything. The spen is very good at what it does.Also it is almost unrivaled by multitasking.(Btw i am the same person as alaw.14)

Pros

• Very fast
  • Excellent 1080p screen
  • Beast at multitasking
  • spen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 and adreno 330
  • Good gaming experience

Cons

• is almost unrivaled

king1000 alternatives:

c.hack
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 20:09 (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)

Big disappointment

c.hack has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Very disappointing oversized phone. Nothing new here except more gimmicks from Samsung. They still haven't realized that their UI slows down their phones and refuse to give users a choice to use pure Android. Same old Note - Samsung fails to give us any innovation, just an extra few tenths of an inch.

The phone is too big to use comfortably as a phone and too small to be a useful tablet. It also feels very cheap for a fairly expensive device.

A much better choice would be the Nexus 5 - faster, pure Android, and will get timely updates.

This one's a dud.

Build quality 6/10 Typical cheap Samsung construction
Reception 5/10 Mediocre reception
Call quality 5/10 Earpiece is ok, but constant complaints from other end that they can't hear me. Could be the mediocre radio too.
Internet 6/10 Big screen for browsing, but the Chrome browser is underwhelming.
Multimedia 5/10 Good for watching videos, but poor choice for audio.
Camera 4/10 Over processed photos and poor low light performance.
UI speed 2/10 Considering it has super fast quad core, it's amazing how much it stutters. I blame the Samsung's Touchwiz.
Everyday usage 3/10 Very clumsy to use as a phone, and too small to be a good tablet. I was very disappointed.
Text input 6/10 Good keyboard considering, but you would expect that with the large size. Nothing innovative.
Display 5/10 Good size, but poor quality. It's over saturated and washes out easily outdoors.
Battery 6/10 Good battery, but you would eect that for its size.

Pros

• Big screen

Cons

• Laggy UI
  • Bulky and uncomfortable to use

hsmitty
posted on 15 Dec 2013, 16:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)

Beast Mode

hsmitty has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've always favored Motorola products from the Nextel 880 to the Droid Bionic, so I was a bit hesitant on trying Samsung. If you're on the fence about this Phone, don't be. This Phone is always in "Beast Mode". Best phone I've ever owned.

Reception 9/10 Reception @ my job is spotty. 3g at best.

Pros

• Features
  • S Pen
  • Hands Free
  • Screen Size

andyh921
posted on 14 Dec 2013, 22:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)

Best phone I've had so far!

andyh921 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Been using iPhones since it came out. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the simplicity of iPhones and they had never failed me. However, I really hate the fact that I have to use iTunes for transferring my music and movie files over to my phone. Upgraded this year to the Note 3 and been happy ever since. Finally free from iTunes!

Build quality 10/10 I actually really like the fake leather back cover.

• Raw Power
  • S Pen

Cons

• Android 4.3 not compatable with certain apps causing the system to freeze

Arastooooooo
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 08:21 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)

Majestic Note 3 !!!!

Arastooooooo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Its the best android phone that I saw till now!! All of softwares and features on it, are really useful... whenever u want to use ur cellphone, it has a lot of thing that can amused u for hours. And!!! Its really better than G2! Handling of Note3 is really good....

Reception 10/10 Cuz it really Recepte!

Pros

• screen
  • multitasking
  • speed of cores
  • good ppi
  • cameraaaaaaa
  • Mr. S Pen !!!
  • lots sensors
  • ir
  • usb 3

Cons

• it better that have a bigger battery
  • sound speakers on music! (but not extremely bad! just a little) BUT the quality is fantastic

RizwanYaqoob
posted on 14 Dec 2013, 13:22 (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)

Its a Beast

RizwanYaqoob has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Its a beast along best companion, Galaxy Gear. Features, Display, everything is simply amazing but perfect. Back leather feel and S-Pen is something which makes Galaxy Note 3 superior and premium. I'm lovin' it.

• Build
  • Features
  • Processing Speed

jojo2000
posted on 06 Dec 2013, 16:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

great phone

jojo2000 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

very fast,very nice design,nice camera,great ui,massive screen and wonderful,s pen,very helpful phone,thin and light,i like this phone samsung realy did a nice job,it is from the best smartphones right now.

Pros

• fast proccessor
  • big display
  • great display
  • nice camera
  • leather cover
  • s pen
  • stylish design

Cons

• the ram is not 3 gb

jojo2000 alternatives:

dmakun
posted on 05 Dec 2013, 16:53 (Posts: 127; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)

Best android phone I have ever used

dmakun has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Super battery life. I've been thinking of getting a spare battery but haven't got where to buy original Samsung replacement batteries and honestly I haven't had to regret this. Super crisp screen with popping colours. Fantastically fluid transitions between screens and app launches. Very smooth. I can find no flaws with this beast of a phone and I'm a very happy samsung customer.

Build quality 10/10 It's a beautiful phone
Reception 10/10 Crisp reception and it's able to maintain connection even in areas where reception is very low.
Call quality 10/10 Crisp sounding call quality
Internet 10/10 Fast and stable Internet
Multimedia 10/10 Unrivaled multimedia capability
Camera 10/10 Only second to Nokia's monster camera phone
UI speed 10/10 Excellent speed and glitch free
Everyday usage 10/10 No issues whatsoever
Text input 10/10 The Samsung keyboard is unrivaled on Android
Display 10/10 Finally amoled screen tech has arrived.
Battery 10/10 Better than the best I have used previously the Samsung galaxy note 2

Pros

• Best in every category. A multitasking behemoth

box14380
posted on 28 Nov 2013, 13:11 (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)

Beast of the Best Phablet-Smartphone to Date

box14380 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The most future-proof, powerful and a reliable PC-replacement device to date. The downside of this device is the lack of OIS capability of camera but overall this is the best device I have owned.

How I wish this size of device have a giant camera resolution the same as Nokia Lumia 1020.

Build quality 10/10 Elegant, chic

Pros

• Powerful device
  • Huge, Clear and Crisp screen display

Cons

• Camera not on par with Nokia Lumia 1020

amoodaa
posted on 24 Nov 2013, 12:24 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)

It's simple

amoodaa has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have an iPad I have so many iPhones but apple should make new features ideas make a good battery that phone is the best one ever i liked the note series from the start its has a new ideas s pen s note s planner new ideas

Pros

• S pen
  • Big battery
  • Performance is pretty fast
  • Slim design

PapaSmurf
posted on 21 Nov 2013, 20:38 (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)

Best phone of 2013

PapaSmurf has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

After jumping the gun, I have never been so happy with a phone. The Snapdragon 800 literally flies through every single application I throw at it. Eight tabs open in Chrome and no sign of it slowing down. The camera is probably one of my favorite upgrades. The screen - sharp, very bright and really sensitive. The battery easily lasts me through the whole day with moderate to heavy use with 40% left. I don't regret buying this phone. :')

Pros

Cons

PapaSmurf alternatives:

Diezparda
posted on 21 Nov 2013, 04:13 (Posts: 104; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)

Almost Perfect

Diezparda has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Beautiful monster, it has a lot of improvement compared to previous model it's an HD 1080p display a slightly larger screen with the same dimension and has better design compared to that glossy back plastic. It has a lot of new features which is worth for an updates.

Build quality 10/10 It's a giant and it's made of plastic so it doesn't fell heavy, i can't imagine if it's made out of glass or aluminum. And it's pretty sturdy (mine was accidentaly falling and it smashed rock floor right on it's screen, and i'm not using any case just a thin screen protector) & still works perfectly without any major damage.
Reception 10/10 Doesn't find any problem here.
Call quality 10/10 Same as reception.
Internet 10/10 5.7 inch!! it's really fun to surve the web pages with this giant.
Multimedia 9/10 Watching music video, playing any games (without rooting my device), listening to music and so much more things you can do with this phone. I want a sligtly louder audio output via headphone jack.
Camera 10/10 I rarely use the camera features, but i think a dual led flash like the iPhone 5S would be a good addition.
UI speed 8/10 It doesn't feel slow or laggy unlike my old Galaxy Note 10.1-2012 edition. Still i don't really like the touch wizz ui (it's not a big problem since i can simply use a custom launcher).
Everyday usage 10/10 My smart companion.
Text input 10/10 with bigger screen comes bigger responsivebility.
Display 8/10 Wow such density a very large screen but still easily fit into my pocket. If there is a weakness it's only the color reproduction which is feel a little bit unnatural to my eyes.
Battery 10/10 It easily survived full day usage.

Diezparda alternatives:

monkeymajik
posted on 21 Nov 2013, 01:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)

Worth the Money!

monkeymajik has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is my 2nd highend smartphone after iPhone 4. Off course this was a big jump from iPhone 4 to Note 3.

I also have a midrange Android phone (Xperia L), if i compared with Xperia L, there is a big gap in performance.

No lag when i switch apps, Multi tasking windows is awesome. Camera at night is great. S-pen make this phablet to be a perfect phone.

I love the design, it's so thin and light. With the bezel and fake leather. Make it a little bit premium like (eventhougt this phone is premium categorized).

Build quality 10/10 Very light and thin.
Reception 8/10 Standards.
Call quality 8/10 Just standard as other phones.
Internet 8/10 I don't like using stock browser. Not nice interface, i prefer chrome or firefox. Since chrome and firefox also could sync with desktop.
Multimedia 10/10 Everthing runs smooth (listening music and watching 1080p video)
Camera 10/10 I love the night enhance mode. Noise at night was still acceptable.
UI speed 10/10 Lag free.
Everyday usage 10/10 Very easy to use. Many shortcuts.
Text input 10/10 I use swiftkey apps. The apps itself rate 10 for keyboard touch.
Display 10/10 Super Amoled. Still wanted more proof?
Battery 7/10 Not like reviewers told. The battery just last 10 hours for a heavy texting and calls. No social med and games apps.

Pros

• Multi task windows
  • S-pen Features
  • Super AMOLED screen

Cons

• Battery only last 10hours
  • Sometimes multitask windows shortcut disappear

monkeymajik alternatives:

AdrianSolonari
posted on 14 Nov 2013, 09:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Oct 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 the best phablet and smartphone on the market now

AdrianSolonari has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

All i can say, it's just the best in everything except camera
Othervise, it's just perfect, no comm.
Samsung galaxy note 3

Build quality 10/10 Nice design and i like the new "leather"
Reception 9/10 The smartstay doens't work everytime
Call quality 10/10 Really good micro's.
Internet 10/10 Very fast LTE and WIFI
Multimedia 10/10 Simple and usefull gallery and so on...
Camera 7/10 NOT so god CAMERA !!! I was sissapointed with camera, i hope they fill fix image qulity with an update.
Everyday usage 10/10 I'm 18 and I use my stylus at lots of lessons and it's very simple and usefull.
Text input 10/10 Big screen, but i have big hands and i can type easly with 1 hand. it's also nice to type with stylus, i like it !
Display 10/10 Outstanding DISPLAY !!! A+
Battery 8/10 Battery is good. Not perfect, but not worst. 3200 mah is enought for 5.7 display, but not more, for my everytime Real Racing 3 usage it's good but not perfect.

Pros

• Stylus and all it's functions
  • Hardaware !!!
  • Speed !!!

kashhef
posted on 12 Nov 2013, 00:11 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a Monster

kashhef has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have my Galaxy note 3 from last 4days. Its really a monster in performance, S-Pen features are awesome. I also love KNOX its a great feature a seperate password protected new homescreen on ur single ph, easy to switch between KNOX home screen to normal homescreen. Call quality a little disappointment. Overall its best best superb one.

Call quality 10/10 A little low qualit but ignore able
UI speed 10/10 Samsung did a good job and covers laging in UI almost 98%. Good job Samsung
Everyday usage 10/10 Its awesome

Pros

• All the feature are pro
  • KNOX really like it
  • Its a bigger device but a quite handy, no worries regarding such a big size, enjoying a lot

Cons

• A little disappointment from speakers but ignoreable

kashhef alternatives:

mfranklin
posted on 10 Nov 2013, 20:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)

Testado no ultimo sabádo

mfranklin has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Um excelente smartphone. Talvez será o meu próximo. Estou na duvida entre ele o Nexus 5, mas o Nexus se sai muito mal nos testes de benchmarks e isso me deixa inseguro. O note 3 me incomoda pelo seu alto preço. Mas sem dúvida eh o que temos de melhor no mercado.

Pros

• Tamanho
  • Tela
  • Bateria
  • Audio
  • USB 3.0
  • SoC

Cons

• Preço

sami-86
posted on 10 Nov 2013, 06:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)

galaxy note 3

sami-86 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i think i really like this phone , it does everything i wanted but i just have a problem with the battery in compare to what I had previously ( iPhone 4) . otherwise it is an amazing and fully functional phone which you can enjoy using it everyday .

Battery 5/10 i have to charge it everyday , its not as good as i hear about the battery .

Pros

• perfect camera
  • amazing display
  • fast
  • s pen is really functional
  • feel good in hand

Cons

• battery drain fast

pantelisandr
posted on 03 Nov 2013, 10:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Nov 2013)

Samsung galaxy note 3 = amazing

pantelisandr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is amazing and it's worth the update of the samsung galaxy note 2. But a little disappointment with the call quality but not that much it's ok! I love this phone and I can say that is the best samsung smartphone yet!!!

Pros

Cons

pantelisandr alternatives:

everydayphone
posted on 29 Oct 2013, 12:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)

review and camera problems

everydayphone has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Camera is the biggest issue for me on this phone. it cannot take a picture for moving objects for its life. my note 2 could take clear crisp photos with flash when people moved and in the dark. note 3 cannot take great pic in dark with flash or when no flash in great light its not clear.... if no one has this issue i might go return mines get new one. so try it out for yourself. other then that its great phone with everything else it has to offer. but honestly i consider the zultra and having no flash on camera is probably equal to this 13mp note 3 that cant take moving action pcitures..

Build quality 9/10 it feels good but not high quailty
Reception 8/10 I never get more then 2 bars cartain places now. my old note 2 got almost full bars everywhere...
Call quality 8/10 its great but not crisp
Internet 8/10 its fast on chrome but no flash ... need another brower for it...
Camera 7/10 Honestly a big disappointment. It only good in sunlight or well lit areas!!!!! be warned it also takes horrible shots of thing in motion like people moving or capturing action photos..... if you are taking still shots its 10/10 but normally i dont and 80% time i have blurry shots my note 2 took 10/10 even pictures with everything.
Everyday usage 9/10 Due to camera i use everyday and having non crisp photos makes it suck in a way
Battery 8/10 better then the note 2 but not by much. i have safe mode on all the time but will last a whole day without charge.

Pros

• everything else is great and improved from note 2

Cons

• camera!!!!! not good in low light or motion pictures and flash at night is not good