x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Changing the storage location of Messages from phone memory to SD card

Krishna Kumar N (unregistered) 25 May 2011, 08:18 posted on

Hi All,

I bought an Ace a week ago and installed a lotta of application and most of them fit only into phone memory and i message a lot. Messages are eating up my phone memory everyday. I dont want to take a back up of my messages to SD Card, instead i want my messages to be stored in memory card (as i used to do in my earlier Nokia 5800).

If anyone of you know on how to change the default storage for messages or if there is any application available for doing the same, please help me with it.
Thank in advance.

posted on 19 Jun 2011, 16:16

1. szk (unregistered)

i dnt know how do that but do u know how to keep the settings of saving the apps directly to the SD card? if that is possible.

posted on 28 Jun 2011, 03:25

2. Hjmari (unregistered)

As what I know, u can try to root your Galaxy Ace. But, by doing that it will affect the warranty of phone. However, rooting android phone make better performance.

posted on 03 Aug 2011, 04:32

3. hk (unregistered)

I am facing the same problem as well most of the thing i download from market will save in phone memory instead of sd card somemore not able to transfer. 8g memory card also useless

posted on 03 Aug 2011, 04:34

4. hk (unregistered)

the worst part is even samsung service centre also dont know how to do it. PPL keep on saying android is better then symbian after i chance still felt the same i still prefer nokia, which can choose where to save as i wish.

posted on 03 Sep 2011, 09:03

5. gb (unregistered)

try 'apps to sd'application frn market...it helps t transfr sme files.....

posted on 06 Sep 2011, 03:36

6. blinkinlinkin (unregistered)

i have a samsung intercept, it says that my text messages are full and i need to delete them. i have done so, bought a bigger sd card and put it in and it's still doing the same thing as before. i can receive messages or notifications, it sats thet are rejected due to low storage space

posted on 14 Oct 2011, 06:51

7. NANI (unregistered)

By doing this way u can move installed applications to SD card.
settings>applications>manage applications>all>pick one and move to SD card

posted on 16 Aug 2012, 00:04

8. Karthik_07 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)

You can download an app called "Move 2 sd" form google play and this will help to move the apps from Phone to memory card and it will also clear the cache and free some phone memory.. Hope this will help you out!!!

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories