x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Battery life

Glenn (unregistered) 09 Feb 2011, 22:16 posted on

Why is it the battery life of my galaxy ace will last for 1day max is 2days. Features for this phone are very good but battery performance I am a little disappointed. Can you recommend better battery suited for this phone? Thanks!

posted on 11 Feb 2011, 03:07

1. eKoder (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Feb 2011)

Hey Glenn
Can you tell me how much RAM this phone has???

posted on 14 Feb 2011, 04:51

2. Narayana (unregistered)

278 MB

posted on 26 May 2011, 08:29

9. san (unregistered)

samsung galaxy ace has 278 MB ram

posted on 22 Apr 2011, 23:49

3. shagund (unregistered)

yesterday only i bought samsung Galaxy ACE. It is really nice phone but for battery, i am most unsetisfied. I charged my phone till 2AM and in next mornig its half of the way. I have configured my all mail boxex on it and skpe too.

Can some one tell me if i am screwing it other way? how to take the best battey bakupby the phone??

Regards
Deepak

posted on 10 May 2011, 02:50

4. Sanjiv Singh, Dhanbad (unregistered)

Samsung Glaxy ACE GT 5830 is an andriod phone, but there is some problem like battery backup is very poor and not friendly with PC, its bluetooth is not connecting internet via computer. Please suggest me what to do?

posted on 20 May 2011, 09:00

5. Annoyed (unregistered)

Likewise. I bought a Galaxy ACE on Monday and find I'm having to charge it daily! Today, I've had about 20 texts and replied to them and the battery has lasted all of six hours! Pathetic. I USED to be sucha fan of Samsung phones.

posted on 20 May 2011, 09:23

6. sonal (unregistered)

I wanna buy samsung galaxy ace phone. Is it really worth of the cost? Shud i buy it or not? Can u guys please help me with this. Please tell me pros and cons of this cell phone so that it will be helpful.

posted on 25 Aug 2011, 13:00

31. elango (unregistered)

better try some other model plz... battery backup ll be half a day only...

posted on 21 May 2011, 00:27

7. drewRN (unregistered)

FYI: The battery of a certain device depends on how it is use like if your wifi is on, email account is active for auto notification, brightness set to max as well as for sounds. For this reasons , the expected battery life of a phone will not be the same. Make sense??

posted on 26 May 2011, 00:31

8. esclabo (unregistered)

hi all, i am also experiencing the same problem on the battery life.. I just bought samsung ace. no apps installed yet and the battery only lasted for 1 day with normal use - text and call!

I already changed the settings, disable 3g and wifi, reduce the lcd brightness to zero etc. but its still the same problem..

I will try to download app for battery saver like juice defender and observe it again..

for those who are using the same phone, please advise.

posted on 01 Jun 2011, 03:41

10. pshverma847 (unregistered)

Set backgroud sync to off, and install juicedefender app from android market, it"ll increase the backup somehow.

posted on 05 Jun 2011, 02:49

11. Yasir Jamil (unregistered)

Here is what you need to do ( incase you didn’t already know)

1.Make Sure you remember to turn off Wifi / GPS and Location services

2.Turning off Background Data will also improve the battery life considerably

3.Go to Settings < Wireless And Networks < Mobile Networks
And turn of Cellular data / Phone data / Mobile data ( whatever it is called on your device)
You will see a 10x improvement in battery life to say the least. And guess what ? No more overheating of the device.

posted on 10 Jun 2011, 00:34

12. PV (unregistered)

Hi all
Thanks !
I am able to save a lot on the battery time.
Earlier I need to charge almost every 24 hrs..After doing following steps, battery went down hardly 15 % in 20 hrs !
(1) Reduced brightness to Zero. Still no issue in screen visibility. Its natural only
(2) Goto Contacts Click on Options Button (on the left side of one and only button on phone). Click on Account. Make sure to Uncheck "background data".

This should give you really good battery time.
I did not use BT, GPS, WIFI earlier as well !
Hope this helps

posted on 30 Aug 2011, 03:02

33. anuj tiwari (unregistered)

thanks a lot...for suggesting

posted on 14 Jun 2011, 07:57

13. omeir khatri (unregistered)

hii all i hav read all the comments but i am still confused that should i buy this phone or not please some one recommend me some other android within this phones budget or tell me if i should buy it .....

if replying to me pls tell my name in the comment

pls pls

posted on 15 Jun 2011, 01:34

14. Misael (unregistered)

omeir khatri:
you should totally buy this phone!!! it is a great device not so expensive and with all these tips about battery i belive i would extend it's life... actually i use it to check quick mail and facebook at school listening to music and sport tracking and it works just fine...
greatings from mexico

posted on 18 Jun 2011, 04:42

15. omeir khatri (unregistered)

thanks a lot

posted on 18 Jun 2011, 07:56

16. omeir khatri (unregistered)

any more tips ppl

posted on 18 Jun 2011, 09:28

17. Leanne (unregistered)

Thanks for the battery saving tips guys - it'd been really getting on my nerves! I've done what you advised and hopefully this will help the life last longer.
In case anyone didn't know - a quick access to your Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS settings are hidden on the home screen. That way you keep them turned off while you don't need them - to save battery, but can quickly turn them on again should you need GPS cos you're lost in a field (for example).
1. Go to Home Screen
2. Press on the top bar (where the battery icon is) and drag down. A grey menu will show itself (it's a bit fiddily) and then across the top you can select and deselect the icons as needed.

:o)

posted on 19 Jun 2011, 07:24

18. satalkar.prasad (unregistered)

I bought Galaxy Ace in last week, phone is awesome, android rocks,

but battery is a big big big issue.....

i use internet n calls, last for me for maximum 6 hours, that to phone heats up very fast during use, can feel to palm....
I had nokia N72, bettery was very gud (2 days)

Done every trick as mentioned above n battery saver applications also installed, but of no use.
Showed it to seller today, he gave me service centre address.

One additional thing i noticed is, i experience headache after talking on phone, has any body noticed the same or just my phycology? Whats its SAR value for India product? whether its safe?

Please update me....

posted on 19 Jun 2011, 16:26

19. szk (unregistered)

hi all
the phn is nice but m having dis prob dat my phn dnt ring most of the tym wen sum1 calls or wen i m having notification coz of the msgs.. is it only my phn or anyone else is having the same pro? plz help :S

posted on 26 Jun 2011, 05:33

20. Jt (unregistered)

Just bought the phone last two day. look nice, but the battery really bad....

posted on 27 Jun 2011, 10:32

21. Alex (unregistered)

well well well.....i'm reading n readin n reading all the crap written above, will somebody tell me what is the use of buying this kind of phone, when we disable our WIFI, GPS, Application and all... the much better thing is i should use a black and white phone huh.... its the biggest problem and will affect everything, you tell if you wont be able to use the application, music, wifi n other things just because of battery then why one will look to buy it, just because its a galaxy Ace??? guys spend a bit more money and go for samsung SI9003 , its a great phone..

posted on 06 Jul 2011, 06:10

22. sahil singh (unregistered)

Hi frndz,,,,

Can any1 help me out to get rid off the same issue.....Battery life..hw to increase...It hardly works around 3 to 4 hours...plz plz plz....give the tips to increase It..Thnx in advance..do reply : (

posted on 06 Jul 2011, 17:50

23. Deepak Ojha (unregistered)

Yes the battery is a big issue................. They have just created a giant with no teeth in his mouth........ While travelling this can be a big issue. I charge my battery for 5 to 6 hours some time more but the results ends in 6 to 7 hours normally. Also if I will listen songs its ends in 4 hours.
If you go to shop from where you have purchase phone they will turn you to service center and you will be pissed off.. Sab sale choor hai…

posted on 07 Jul 2011, 09:55

24. Mobeen (unregistered)

please can some one tell me that how is its battery life time on normal usage
thankx

posted on 13 Jul 2011, 02:30

25. Abhick Paul (unregistered)

Do download Juice Defender from android market specially for GALAXY ACE, it'll help in saving battery life! I do use it and it helped me!

posted on 15 Jul 2011, 00:41

26. Prathap (unregistered)

The battery life is reducing drastically when i watch videos on my ace....
Does the same thing happen with u guys???

Tell me some methods to improve my battery life...

posted on 08 Aug 2011, 10:40

27. Rummy (unregistered)

Hai, I am not having this problem with this mobile.(Ace) But my problem is only battery back up.

posted on 12 Aug 2011, 01:46

28. Binu (unregistered)

Dear friends

If you are turning off all the smart features.. its better to buy a nokia 3310..
I keep my samsung ace charging, turn on mobile ap.. n use my 3 year old iphone for browsing.. its much more faster..lol
Its the google sync that drains your battery.. as far as I believe.
Advance Task Killer is also a cool download in market to save battery

posted on 21 Aug 2011, 00:30

29. venkatmohan (unregistered)

i want to bye samsung galaxy ace !!!!! i heard that there was somthing problem in ace !!! so wat do recommend me to bye or not

posted on 22 Aug 2011, 05:54

30. kuku (unregistered)

hiiiii

can any ppl tell that can i use galaxy s2 bttry in my galaxy ace s?????
or if any another battry that i use in my cell around 1500mhz making long to use my cell so plz tell me......plz plz plz plz plz plz plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz yarrrrrrrrrrrrr................

posted on 26 Aug 2011, 05:54

32. Aarif (unregistered)

I face a unique problem. I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Ace a couple of days back from Mumbai and headed to my home. At home my Reliance SIM went on roaming but the handset is not able to pick up the network. If anyone tries to call me, he/she will get a response that the phone is not reachable or switched off. When I tried the same SIM at other handset, it is working fine. I am very frustated with this problem as I am not able to receive any call or msg on the Samsung Galxy Ace with the Reliance SIM on roaming. Please if any one can help.....Plzzzzz

posted on 30 Aug 2011, 05:03

34. Praveen Bajpai (unregistered)

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy ace....but i m facing a big problem with its battery backup.I hoped that it will be suitable for gaming and other application..But i really very diss apointed.please advise me the way so that i can use my phone for a longer period.

posted on 24 Sep 2011, 12:32

35. amar (unregistered)

i was soooooo into buying this phone but after reading this i'm having a second thought................. in case seeing the features i do buy it ! after taking all the suggestions and doing all the necessary changes how long will the battery survive if u do the four basic things
1.listening to music ,
2.texting,
3.calling and last
4. video recording or capturing pics...........

please do comment n let me know

posted on 27 Sep 2011, 07:17

36. madhup (unregistered)

galaxy acesucks .

The f**kin battery doesn't lasts for more than 4 hours . u recieve 1 cal and talk for 30 minutes . half of the btery is gone .

you send 30 messages and battery comes down to 20%

in casu turn on teh gps then u are scrwed as it would eat 80% o the battery

posted on 07 Oct 2011, 15:27

37. omeir khatri (unregistered)

dude i hv lost this phone but i wanna give u guys a tip
i was lazy and frgot to turn on mobile tracker but u be smart and better turn on mobile tracker

posted on 07 Nov 2011, 01:57

38. Mithunraj31 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)

Hi Guys Do as i say

I purchased Galaxy ace S5830 through Online Worth Rs.12890 (AdexMart.com)

Was very Happy by the features of the phone but Main prob lies wit the battery it was comin only for 3 to 6 hrs Max.

But latr i Called Samsung Customer care (180030008282) and told about the battery prob, they told to do some settings wen u not using Internet (2G or 3G)

1) Make display brightness to Nil or 1 level
2) Make sure u UnCheck USE PACKET DATA
Go to Settings --->Wireless and Networks --->Mobile Networks
3) Switch off GPS,Wifi,BT Wen Not Neccessary
4) Uncheck Background Data and AutoSync
Go to Contacts ---->Accounts
5) Keep for charge only wen ur Mobile shows CONNECT TO CHARGER
6) IMP : Switch off Mob n then Keep for charge for aroun 3 to 3.30 Hrs

After i did this Battery gradually increased to almost 36 to 45 Hrs

But Wen u use Internet u ve to switch on USE DATA PACKET then Battery will be lastin only for 4 to 8 Hrs (Customer Care told Its the Prob with all Android Mob)

And One more thing if u watch Movie r Listen Music battery will b thr ony for 8-11 Hrs

If u Play Game in this then Battery ll be oly for 3-5 Hrs MAXXXXXXXX

Hope My post ll help u a bit atleast

But Guys as i ve seen reviews from few more people about headache, After Using this Cell i m also geting Headache a bit Dono Wats the Reason :(

posted on 15 Mar 2012, 06:27

39. ianwmac (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)

Hi folks - I have found everyones advise re battery life very helpful, but now I find I cant send a photo via messages or gmail. What do I need to turn on to send a photo ?

posted on 20 Mar 2012, 20:48

40. ianwmac (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)

Hi folks, I have found my battery life has improved a lot doing the above recomendations -- but it now appears I cant send a photo via sms-- what do I need to turn on do do that please?

posted on 16 Jun 2012, 06:19

41. thetechman (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jun 2012)

every month drain your battery fully so it turnes off and then fully charge it no pause and it will last longer

posted on 25 Jun 2012, 12:58

42. billlang (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)

i would also advise in addition to battery saving tips to use extended batteries.
Such brands as seidio or mugen, they are the best you can find, and dont bother with ebay, or noname extended batteries.
I am using 1600mAh replacement battery by mugen and i am very satisfied, its almost 25% more mAh than original stock battery and in my experince it adds me at least 35% more performance. So i would definitely advise to give it a look.
http://mugen.hk/samsung/samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-samsung-galaxy-gio-s5660/mugen-power-1600mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-samsung-galaxy-gio-s5660.html

posted on 06 Oct 2012, 03:59

43. gondajdk (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)

I just got the phone, if you read the manual its says not to charge it for long periods of damage as it damages battery life. So just don't charge it overnight for the first time. I didn't and I've been using it for 2 days and its still nearly full.

posted on 19 Nov 2012, 03:07

44. glenda (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)

I've had my Ace for about a year now. I haven't really had issues with it so far, except for the battery life. I have to charge it every night. However, over the past 5 days the battery dies within half an hour of using it without the charger! I've taken FB off my phone and I've turned backround data off. I've even selected Use only 2G networks! I've turned wifi off as well, and I never have my GPS or blue tooth active. Yet it still dies pretty quickly. The only app I use most is Whatsapp. This is driving me crazy!

posted on 05 Dec 2012, 01:14

45. makkavasubabu (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)

battery backup is not good.what is the problem galaxy ace.

posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:25

46. szodgekar (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)

I also have a Samasun Galaxy Ace, battery life was great for almost 8-9 months, later on battery started giving problems. now i charge it daily for 3 hours,

posted on 20 Mar 2013, 23:08

47. tkyhkjts (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)

You can purchase spare battery for samsung galaxy ace,i just bought "BXT Gold Ace Battery " from amazon.co.uk,very good replacement battery,standby battery life seems much longer than before,hope this will help you.

posted on 07 May 2013, 13:49

48. Shiwliang (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 May 2013)

Guys I have the solution to your problem but the problem is that I don't know if rooting is allowed in your country or not...

Simply try to root your ace [Careful guarantee is lost by doing so] or pay someone to root it. Then tell him to flash droidace 3 rom for you~!

The ROM is a lot faster, smoother, the sound is a lot better! If I leave my phone stand by a day only 20% or a little bit less battery is used [12hrs]

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories