x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Galaxy 5 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

galaxy 5

srividya (unregistered) 23 Nov 2010, 10:07 posted on

Samsung Galaxy 5 is utter waste to buy. It has the loosely connected battery and quite often gets switched off. Its not even 6 days(from 17/11/10) that i bought this set and started using from saturday.By monday it started showing its ugly features like switch off again and again. touch not working while playing the FM...still i had to explore its other features...but before that it started showing its bloody ugly features and is now in service center!! and no proper service at all in the custromer care! ..customer care person said get the bill showing its only 4 days old and get the replacement letter!! who the hell will change the date of purchase?! and if no such letter then he is saying he would repair and give!! I need to see how many days these customer care will make me walk to them.. I had cool sony handset and unfortunately lost it..it was not even giving any complaints for 3.5yrs! This time i went for samsung thinking samsung is also best for gadgets and went as it has andrioid! but turned out to be utter flop...Expecially these are released to mrkt with the faults and we end up buying such faultly mobiles...
I guess i should go with proper channels for filing against such flop sets getting released to market.

posted on 29 Jan 2011, 02:14

1. ConsDemo (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)

My experience was better than the previous posters. I've had pretty good experience with functionality although it took me a while to figure out how to keep the battery from draining rapidly. Now, I can charge it every other day after normal use.

The phone is meant for use in Europe and perhaps that is the reason it only works on the 2G network in the US. Samsung US does not provide support for the device, one has to call Samsung UK with questions. It also took me a while to get a skin for the phone but finally found one one Ebay.

That concerns aside, the phone is well worth its US cost of $180-$200. It has many of the same functions as the Iphone plus an FM radio and (low quality) video recording and it also isn't tied to one carrier!

posted on 11 Feb 2011, 07:44

2. lotis (unregistered)

my phone had the same problem as srividya. it died after 2 weeks. Luckily i got it sorted at a service center. its now been 2 months and i keep waiting for it to die again, I hope it doesn't happen again. Otherwise i like the features but i wish the camera was better. Not sure if its my carrier or the phone but i cant recieve MMS messages or business cards.
The last time someone sent me a business card, the phone got a bug and i wasn't able to receive any messages for several days. The carrier had to sort me out and that took long.

posted on 07 Mar 2011, 13:55

3. Andy (unregistered)

does this phone have threaded texting where you can see both sides of the conversation instead of a separate inbox and outbox?

posted on 20 Apr 2011, 13:33

4. VTX 1800 (unregistered)

Yes , I does have thread text !! works great !!!

posted on 10 Apr 2012, 06:42

5. smvsiyer (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)

True! My Galaxy 5 (5500) was brought from US and understood that it is not serviceable in India! I too had a good nokia 6300 for 3 years but this one seemed to be a better buy with touch, android, google etc. The issues:
1) Battery Charge goes down faster; has to be charged twice a day
2) Touch response is poor; takes 2-3 seconds to respond.
3) Comes back to home screen..

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories