x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung GALAXY mini Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Phonebook transfer from SAMSUNG SGH-C130 to SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI

HappyRon 25 Jun 2011, 09:57 posted on

Galaxy Mini - Help 2 migrate Samsung SGH-C130 Phonebook to Galaxy Mini

HappyRon has owned it for less then month before publishing this review

Galaxy Mini is an awesome and attractive device at the affordable price. All features and functions correspond to the Android Operating System and the phone hardware for the low price.

I need some valued help to migrate my Samsung SGH-C130 phonebook to my Samsung Galaxy Mini. To copy upto 250 names/numbers to the SIM card is NOT an option since one name has multiple numbers on the phonebook, where as the SIM card stores only one number for any name that is copied from the phonebook to the SIM card and the name is truncated to 10 characters. The copy option essentially destroys the integrity of the phonebook on the SIM destination media.

If anyone has a better, practical and proven solution, I will greatly appreciate an emailed (HappyRon@MyWay.Com) solution.

The SGH-C130 has no infra-red or bluetooth. I have secured a Samsung data cable and Samsung New PC Studio (Ver. NPS IF1 GH46-00991A).

I am not having any luck with progressing to get the SGH-C130 recognised when it is hooked to my laptop.

Thanks to those who may be able to reflect with a workable solution.
Build quality 9/10

posted on 28 Jun 2011, 00:02

1. Pk (unregistered)

Wow! Amazing you have kept a phone as much as 8yr old still in condition! I had an c-100, which is almost the same as your model but one legacy higher and had IR but of no use. I could not sync to the pc using cable just as you mentioned. So when I went for a nokia 6630 I had to manually enter the contacts. So what I did was copy the contact to sim while retaining it in c-100 phone too. Then transfer to nokia and edit the contacts. Took me few days to transfer almost 400 contacts. :(

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories