Samsung GALAXY Note II T-Mobile User Reviews

Camera9.7/10
Multimedia9.8/10
Internet9.8/10

G1andonly
posted on 13 Jun 2013, 18:39 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)

The greatest piece of equipment I've ever owned.

G1andonly has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I can't begin to explain how nice of a phablet this is. There is no cons at all just pure awesomeness and raw power that doesn't eat the battery at a rapid rate and completely replaced my laptop. Well you can use your laptop to backup your backups. My wife asked of I wanted a tablet for father's day and I laughed and said I have a phablet love, no need. When I showed her all the things that can be done she just smiled. There is nothing like it on the market today and I plan on keeping this bad boy for 3 years because I'm just not that into 6.3in screens or anything bigger than 5.5 to be honest. If you have been thinking of getting this or something else, try it for 2weeks and see what happens.

Build quality 10/10 I love the feel of the plastic. It's great material regardless of what others say
Reception 10/10 Screaming speeds and I'm in Los Angeles. Even more that the HTC amaze
Everyday usage 10/10 I love it more each day, even for my birthday I told my lady that I wanted nothing because I got my note, really

Pros

• Everything that this phone is

Cons

• Absolutely nothingness

onemoa
posted on 04 Jun 2013, 07:50 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)

Best phone I've owned.

onemoa has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is one of the most game changing devices to be released in year's. I wanted the Note 2 after watching some videos and reading reviews. I just didn't realize I wanted the Note 2 so bad. I went down to the local T-Mobile store and as soon as I picked the device up and seen it's amazingly beautiful display. I was sold from then on out. The only problem was I had just picked up the Galaxy S2 6 month's earlier. So I had to call T-Mobile and try to talk them into allowing me an early upgrade. It didn't work the first 10-15 calls but then I finally started to figure out there system. Some of the management is horrible! Yet some are not so bad and actually care about there customers. So after about a month of 2-3 hour phone calls I got the right person and had my white Note 2 being sent out that next week.

The Note 2 surprised me. I didn't realize how great the phone would really be. The speed, the battery life, the display is the best I've ever seen, even better then the display on the S4. The camera on the Note 2 is also amazing.

You really have to own the Note 2 to realize how great it really is. I've owned this phone for 6 months and it still has that new phone feeling. I guess it's due to it having everything you could ever need and then some. I could go on and on about what makes the Note 2 the best phone to date but you're just going to have to go play with itand you'll start to see for you're self. But until you are able to have it for a while, that'swhen...

Pros

• Best HD Display on any phone, best battery life on any phone, great speed and graphics for high end games, 0% to 100% fully charged battery in 3 hours or less, overall feature packed, you can do things with the S-Pen that you could never do on any other phone.

Cons

• most phones are 2 handers now anyway but if you have very small hands, you might have a hard time with single hand use, but there are features that allow you to move the dial pad to a smaller size and to the right or left side of the screen.

Vegas89
posted on 04 Dec 2012, 05:27 (Posts: 51; Member since: 15 Mar 2010)

The Best Device I Have Ever Owned

Vegas89 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's a great device with everything you could ask for and more. Great display, quad-core cpu, tons of extra features and the S pen to top it all off. There is not a device that shows what Android is capable of more then the Note 2. This is what I've been waiting for in a mobile device.

Build quality 8/10 I don't care much for the plastic but it does feel better then the S3 and other Galaxy S models, but it's way tooo slick and very easy to drop
Reception 10/10 Gets a signal everywhere I go, even at my job which tends to kill my coworkers devices
Call quality 10/10 Calls are clear and easy to hear, speaker is just awesomely loud but still has vivid tones
Internet 9/10 Speeds are on par with all the LTE networks in my area on the download 90% of the time, with highs over 22mbps, though the upload rarely peaks over 2mbps. Ping speeds are inconsistent though
Multimedia 10/10 This was made for media, there is no smartphone that's better for it
Camera 10/10 Camera is awesome and has so many options and features that it can replace any point and shoot
UI speed 10/10 With over 300 apps on mine you'd think it'd have slowed by now but it's by far the fastest Android devices I've ever had
Everyday usage 10/10 TouchWiz has come a long way and stands over the other Android UI's. Aside from custom Roms you won't find a better interface
Text input 10/10 You'l never enjoy typing on a screen as much as on the 5.5 inch Note 2. Though I don't use it much the S Pen also adds a surprisingly useful way to input text by just writing it out, it's amazingly accurate despite my less then great penmanship
Display 10/10 Amazing, between the size and vivid colors it's a joy to spend a day looking at
Battery 10/10 Longer life then any device I've used. Even being the extreme power user I am, I get 8-10 hours of heavy use. The only way I've found to kill the battery any faster is heavy online gaming

Pros

• Huge Amazing Screen
  • Great Media Device
  • Still Pocketable
  • TouchWiz adds a ton of features
  • S Pen is not just a gimick

Cons

• Too slick

fervid
posted on 27 Nov 2012, 13:55 (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

Big Improvement over Note

fervid has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

They improved the Black level limitations although it is just smoother and they are still there. Build quality is close to Note, but needed a thicker back cover. Leaving Pentile behind really made the screen look good. Note had Hover with last update, but this added more accuracy and usage further away from the screen. If Note had same software it would be hard to justify the hight price just for slightly better pen and screen. Quad core does make it go much faster and more responsive, but it could be the software too.

Reception 7/10 Poor Tmobile coverage that didn't get anywhere close to their map.

smokey18
posted on 03 Nov 2012, 13:10 (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)

Finally a phone i can hold on to for 2 years

smokey18 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I traded in my sg3 and now i'm in love with this beautiful phablet. I waited a long time for this phone and i am now the happiest man on the planet. I can do this 2 year term with T-Moble with a smile. Keep them comming Sammy

Build quality 9/10 build quality seem a bit cheap
Everyday usage 10/10 excellent i never put it down
Text input 10/10 i'm not the fastest texter but i do really good on this
Display 10/10 screen size does it for me and i can never go smaller
Battery 10/10 last me all day and some

Pros

• screen

Cons

• wish had better build quality

Exile SS
posted on 27 Oct 2012, 22:40 (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)

Samsung outdid themselves

Exile SS has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have been waiting for this phone ever since I heard the rumors about it way back when. I got it the day it came out and practically haven't set it down since. This review is probably premature, but I will update it.
Overall this phone is truly unique and amazingly fast. I haven't encountered a single issue with it yet. The processor, ram, big display, and S-Pen make this phone the titan that it is.
(check each spec to get my detailed review.)

Build quality 10/10 Solid, sleek, slim, and just enough weight to let you know it's there (if the size doesn't)
Reception 10/10 I can pick up signal in areas my other phones couldn't. Signal is steady and generally higher than with my previous phones.
Call quality 10/10 Not a single dropped call or issues with voice clarity.
Internet 10/10 Even on the current "4G" the phone runs way faster than my old MyTouch 4G. I usually use this even when WiFi is available because it's on par, if not faster.
Multimedia 9/10 Samsung Media Player is awesome, but just one feature bugs me. WHen i turn the screen on after it it has been sitting while a song is playing; there isn't any kind of quick media toolbar. I have to unlock my phone and manually find the music player.
Camera 9/10 Burst mode, recording quality, general effects, and the way it works with apps like camera Zoom FX all are fantastic. The only issue is one that PA already pointed out which is the audio recording/playback quality. Also no physical camera button.
UI speed 10/10 Flawless, Fantastic, Exceptional. Samsung really did well with the project butter implementation. The quad core processor and 2gb of ram make sure the device never stutters, falters, or skips at all.
Everyday usage 10/10 I give it a 10 because I love the big phone screen size. It's awesome and fits in every pocket of every pair of pants I own. My friends say it's awesome, but too big for them. Honestly people usually acclimate to whatever phone they get, so even if you're worried about the size, don't be. You'll probably get over it and like it.
Text input 9/10 Portrait texting is simple and with few errors made. Landscape is a bit more to get used to. I have ;large hands.
Display 10/10 If i could give it a 15/10 I surely would. The display is bright, vibrant, and very sharp. I know people usually argue about ppi density, but honestly on this monster screen you can't even tell the difference.
Battery 10/10 another category where I would give a device a 15/10. I used the media player for over 5 hours straight, surfed the web and texted many people during that time, and used it for about another 4 hours after that for random tasks and the battery held up amazingly well. I had a 3,200 mAh battery in my MyTouch 4G that only did SLIGHTLY better and that phone had no where near the hardware this phone has.

Pros

• Great Battery
  • Exceptional Dislpay
  • Quad Core Processor
  • All other pros PA Already covered

Cons

• None (To Me)