Samsung GALAXY Note II Sprint User Reviews

Battery9.5/10
Display9.8/10
Build quality9.8/10

Xtraordinair
posted on 14 Jul 2014, 14:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Feb 2014)

LTR from a loyal Android fan.

Xtraordinair has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Samsung really got this one right. This review is coming from a "Fandroid" if you will, but I have to say there isn't much Google is doing wrong on it's OS, and Samsung has made some excellent hardware to go with it. I have rooted and ROMed this phone so it is currently running Android 4.4.4 on Cyanogenmod 11 ROM. EXTREMELY smooth experience. Battery lasts for a full day. Phone lasted for a year and 8 months before I cracked the screen due to me not paying attention, and had endured many drops before that. Phone still works pretty well even with the damage. There are alot of phones coming out, but this one sold me so much I decided to go on Ebay to look for another one which it will continue to be my daily driver for the foreseeable future. Only con is that it isn't spark enabled, but that technology wasn't out at the time of release so I can't dock points for that, and I'm not completely sold on Spark anyway.

Build quality 10/10 I am admittedly pretty bad with handling my phone. I had no case for this phone and dropped it, on average, once a day. The phone stood this punishment for a year and eight months before the top right of the screen cracked. Even still, the phone works flawlessly.
Internet 10/10 LTE (where available for Sprint) is pretty fast. Works well with home WiFi connection as well.
Multimedia 10/10 I don't really like this category as I think it's more of an OS thing than a particular phone thing. But MX Player for android should suit most users needs
Camera 10/10 Camera is good. I'm not really a photo person though.
UI speed 10/10 Using Cyanogenmod 11 ROM this phone is blazing fast.
Battery 10/10 Full days use, even after nearly two years.

• Durable
  • Quad Core
  • MicroSD

corvette72778
posted on 15 Jan 2013, 10:25 (Posts: 13; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)

Samsung Galaxy Note II

corvette72778 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

What an awesome phone. I have had several Androids but this is by far the best phone. Its a beautiful phone with battery life to last more thana full day!! A must have for any Android user!!! 5.5" is the new norm since most people use a smartphone for things other than making phone calls. As a result of the success of this phone there will be more companies making screens this size. How can you top this phone?

Pros

• Unbelievable Batter Life
  • Beautiful phone
  • Large Screen
  • Quad core processor
  • Removable battery
  • SD card slot
  • Adjust settings from notification menu
  • Lots of features
  • Great build quality
  • 2 windows at once

Cons

• None but Google Wallet isn't available yet.

sdb1147
posted on 11 Nov 2012, 07:58 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)

Samsung Note ll Simply Amazing

sdb1147 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Simply amazing. The Samsung Galaxy Note ll is much more than all it's touted to be. In the short time I've owned it, I've discovered more & more about what a master-piece of engineering/technology it is. In comparison to my (old) HTC Evo 4G, it's like the tortoise & the hare story. I've yet to uncover all the capabilities this great phone offers, and continue to examine it daily, so much so my wife keeps complaining I'm spending too much time with it. It truly is my new mistress (LOL).

Build quality 10/10 Some say it has a plastic feel, I think it has an elegant feel. Materials are first class.
Reception 10/10 Perfect reception so far and we live in an apartment complex, where at times reception is lacking.
Call quality 10/10 No fuzziness or distortion at all.
Internet 10/10 Faster than my Asus Eee Pad I'm using to write this review.
Multimedia 10/10 Just got the update from Sprint & no problems whatsoever.
Camera 10/10 So far, I've only played with the camera inside the apartment, but the pictures are absolutely great. Don't need to carry a camera anymore.
UI speed 10/10 Top notch speed. The processor in the Note ll is the greatest.
Everyday usage 10/10 My wife thinks I'm married to my Note ll. Got it in my hands all the time.
Text input 10/10 Great text input. Starting to discover more features of the S-pen & use it about half the time.
Display 10/10 Other manufacturers should study the Note ll. The screen is amazing! These old eyes have no problem reading everything comfortably.
Battery 9/10 The battery could be stronger, but then again I've only used the phone for a short time & have recycled the battery several times to full charge.

Pros

• Elegant
  • Well made
  • Super display
  • Powerful
  • Envy power

Cons

• Battery, maybe
  • Screen protector doesn't lay completely flat

joneslick
posted on 10 Nov 2012, 10:22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)

A True Phablet

joneslick has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am pretty amazed by this phone. I was a little dissapointed that the multi-app feature was not on it right away but the update came very quick (way to go Samsung/Sprint). This multi-app feature alone puts this phone ahead of the SIII, it is big but that was one of the reasons I got it. It still fits in your in pocket however and has not caused me any real problems in one handed operation as I have pretty big hands. It does have some options to make it more one-hand usable also allowing you to select which hand is your dominant user and squishing things like the keyboard and dialer to that side of the screen. Overall the is not any REAL downside to this phone for me and suits all of my needs the best of any phone I have used.

Build quality 9/10 Still has the "Samsung Plastic," I will always prefer the solid feel of the metal phones, but still has enough weight to verify it's substance.
Reception 10/10 This phone has full bars in several places my other phones have had less.
Call quality 10/10 Crystal Clear every time.
Internet 10/10 Really zippy loading pages and the huge screen makes viewing Desktop web pages much more comfortable.
Multimedia 10/10 Ability to watch your videos while still working on an email, text, etc. is awesome.
Camera 10/10 Love everything about it, the burst shot, picture quality and shutter speed are great.
UI speed 10/10 Quad-core 1.6Ghz Exynos, enough said
Everyday usage 10/10 I like using this as tablet and phone, may not be as big as some would like for a tablet but suits me fine. If I need a bigger picture I can hook it up to anything.
Text input 10/10 The samsung keyboard is very easy to use and it has an option for Swype as well. When running in multiple app mode you can actuallly drag the keyboard around the screen if it gets in the way which I think is pretty awesome.
Display 9/10 Great Display but still has the oversaturated colors that can make real life images appear somewhat fake. The option to change to "Natural Colors" negates this though. I wish there was a quicker way to switch to the natural option when viewing pics.
Battery 9/10 This thing does have a huge battery and is pretty solid but I simply feel battery technology is behind these days and will probably never give a 10 for a battery rating.

• Screen, Size and Quality
  • REAL Multi-Tasking (two apps one screen is great)
  • PIP even when running two Apps side by side (3 things at once)

Cons

• Feels Big in your Hand (It is part Tablet after all)

joneslick alternatives: