Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) User Reviews

Battery8.4/10
Reception9.3/10
Display9.8/10

Jmaler
posted on 07 Aug 2014, 08:23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)

Great experience! Great tablet!

Jmaler has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I purchased my tablet from San Antonio, TX T-Mobile the first day they offered it for sale. My experience so far has been great. This is my first tablet and android device. I have been a Microsoft guy from the beginning. I really like the android experience.

Build quality 7/10 The charging port seems less than first class in that it is a bit loose.
Reception 8/10 Reception is good in town. I live in rual area and get reception at three bars and above only. The T-Mobile 4g data cellular is much slower than my fiber optics WIFI. It would be nice if T-Mobile supplied a signal booster for my home.
Call quality 6/10 This device is data only. Voice over Skype is less than desirable.
Internet 10/10 Great experience browsing the internet.Only minor complaint is website apps don't always provide all website page information as pure website internet search.
Multimedia 10/10 So far it has been good.
Camera 8/10 I am spoiled by my old Cannon SD550 7.1 mp.
UI speed 10/10 I found the learning curve to be much shorter than with Microsoft.
Everyday usage 10/10 Great for browsing the web, checking email and listening to music.
Text input 10/10 Very easy with stylus.
Display 10/10 Excellent!
Battery 9/10 So far it is ok. It seem to only want to charge to 99% overnight.

Pros

• Light weight even with Otter Box cover.
  • Very user friendly.

Cons

• Does not have cellular voice phone.
  • It takes longer to boot now that I have loaded more apps.

mrosenth
posted on 07 Aug 2014, 00:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Aug 2014)

Not worth the $700 price tag

mrosenth has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was CRAZY excited for the release of this tablet.... the specs are amazing, and on paper, this should be one of the best devices on the market.

Based on my experience, I have almost completely lost faith in samsung devices.
I have now had not one, not two.. but THREE times had to replace my tablet due to a defective battery. THAT'S FOUR TABLETS, and I've only owned it for about a month and a half! Plus, I am a sales rep at T-Mobile; samsung also sent us our two demo tablets for display in stores that were also both defective.

Since I do work at a cellular phone company, I have access to a diagnostic tool which has the ability to test for defective battery, so I'm not just pulling this defective claim from out of the blue.

Granted, this tablet is unbelievably fast and powerful, but it also freezes up quite often, and it's preloaded with useless bloat ware (a common Samsung tendency), and it certainly doesn't live up to the $700 price tag they place on it.

Between this, my observations as a sales rep, and my experience with the galaxy smart phone lines, my conclusion is this: stay the hell away from Samsung! There always is, and always will be devices with the same features and specs for a much lower price that function 1,000 times better.

Reception 8/10 Not as good as the specs say it should have
Call quality 1/10 N/A

kiran07
posted on 07 Jul 2014, 04:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 May 2014)

i Love samsung galaxy note 10.1

kiran07 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this phone. It has given me Best Viewing Experience. It is having features like Multi Window for Multi-tasking, Sleek and Portable Design and many more. You can check all details at samsung official site

Pros

• Excellent features

zex945
posted on 05 Jun 2014, 03:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)

I would name it SUPER-GADGET, Galaxy NOTE 10.1 (2014)

zex945 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have been using Samsung GALAXY NOTE 10.1 (2014 Ed), LTE, P-605 for last 6 months.
Indeed it's a great gadget with features like super quality "spen" writing, multimedia, gaming, e-book reading, presentation etc. But, I wonder how this great device could have laging issue, ofcourse in a very minor level. I couldn't even feel it, if I would not been usin HTC One. But, it's a device that I would vote 9+.
Once again, great device.

FuJitsu.nn
posted on 28 May 2014, 17:04 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)

Note 10.1 (2014) P600

FuJitsu.nn has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Even With a couple down sides would rather have this than any other tablet on the market right now. I multitask with it quite often which makes the S Pen a necessity. I can't wait to see where Samsung goes from here.

Build quality 8/10 The plastic edge is lacking although the Faux leather back is quite a nice touch.
Reception 10/10 I have the WiFi only version so no point in saying anything is wrong
Call quality 10/10 I have the WiFi only version so no point in saying anything is wrong
Internet 10/10 Fastest tablet I've used yet puts an Ipad 4 to shame.
Multimedia 10/10 very shape and smooth video. and no lag when it comes to playing video or music online or otherwise.
Camera 9/10 While you wouldn't expect an awesome camera on a large tablet it does quite well the only thing it could use is optical image stabilization.
UI speed 10/10 TouchWiz is a killer on this one I do like it other than the slightly laggyness of it when I haven't reset the tablet for more than a week. Although get hugely high marks on multitasking
Everyday usage 10/10 Comfortable to hold not to heavy and love the S Pen.
Text input 9/10 the keyboard is slightly harder to use in landscape mode than other large tablets such as Ipads.
Display 10/10 Love the Resolution cannot tell you how much I love how clear it is compared to most of it's competitors.
Battery 10/10 with standard use I get about 3 days worth with some video and a lot of music. with video only I get about 9.5 hours which Is quite good for a large display.

• Octa Core Processor
  • 8 MP Camera
  • S Pen
  • Micro Usb Charging Port
  • Comfortable to Hold
  • 3 GB Ram

Cons

• the side bezel makes it feel cheap
  • Side Facing Speakers Are a bit Quiet

Ace_Aze
posted on 12 Jan 2014, 02:40 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)

Best Tablet ever!!! BEAST NOTE 10.1 2014 EDITION, IF U DONT HAVE, GO AND GET ONE!

Ace_Aze has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is best tablet u can ever have! I am a samsung lover as well as android and google lover. Android is really cool. This is my first tablet, i had two competitors, and this was one of it. I took it because IT IS A BEAST!! HAS EXPANDABLE MEMORY, AND VERY USEFUL CALLING FEATURE!!! exynos 5 chip clocked at superb 1.9 ghz, super fast! I know most of you will dont agree, many think this is laggy and buggy, but thats not true! IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR SETTINGS, I CHANGED MY SETTINGS A BIT, AND IT GOES VROOOOM NOW! ALSO THE BATTERY IS ALSO GOOD!
And the best is the NOTE FEATURE, EVERYTHING YOU FIND IN NOTE 3, IS IN THIS, OF-COURSE, THEY WERE RELEASED TOGETHER(NEARLY).
I LOVE THE S-PEN AND ALL THAT ACTION MEMO, SKETCHBOOK AND ALL!

Build quality 10/10 Superb Design.
Reception 10/10 GOT 3G+WIFI, WORKS AWEOSME!!!
Call quality 10/10 FELL IN LOVE WITH IT;D
Internet 10/10 Superfast, if u use samsung's own app, "internet". I ALWAYS USE S-PEN WHILEBROWSING ON NET, CAUSE IT WORKS AWESOME WITH IT!
Multimedia 10/10 Superb apps, specially the magazine UX, live up with it!
Camera 10/10 8MP back camera with LED FLASH!
UI speed 9/10 Fast, but can sometimes get irratating
Everyday usage 10/10 Perfect.
Text input 10/10 Again Perfect.
Display 10/10 Best in Class in This Category!
Battery 9/10 Can charge it and use it for couple of days!

Pros

• Cant name evreything! So many of them.

Cons

• Nothing!

king1000
posted on 08 Jan 2014, 17:21 (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)

A monster

king1000 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have the white lte unlocked sm-p605 version of this tablet and it is a beast of a tablet. It has a beautiful 2560 x 1600 resolution. It has the beastly snapdragon 800 and adreno 330. I also dont experience lag at all. Also if you want to get this tablet do not get the exynos version because you are going to miss out on the performance the snapdragon version has to offer.

Pros

• wonderful 1600p screen
  • snapdragon 800 and adreno 330
  • good movie watching experience
  • dual speakers with great audio effects
  • awesome gaming experience
  • very fast
  • great at multitasking
  • alot of features

SongokuCY
posted on 08 Jan 2014, 02:02 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)

From owning an apple device to android

SongokuCY has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Build quality is excellent but even though its light, I feel its kinda heavy in comparison with ipad air.
Reception, call quality and UI speed are perfect.
Internet for me its a matter of apple vs android.
Multimedia is excellent, I just wish it could support more formats.
Superb for everyday useage!
Could not ask for a better display!!!
Text input is very good but you can find better in play store...
Camera is pretty good for a tablet, althought I thought it would be better according to the specs.
Battery is really good, but for a heavy user like me it will never be enough.

Pros

• S-pen

Cons

• It stucks sometimes

matthewsingh
posted on 27 Dec 2013, 05:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)

better than ipad air by a mile

matthewsingh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great screen duriable and s pen is great came from ipad 4 and am more than satisfied that I did tried other tabelets like sony experia and google nexus 10 also the new surface nothing compared to the quality and multitasking cabilities of the note 10.1 2014 not even the ipad air only problenm wish they would have made a better battery that just me nitpicking

Pros

• display

andreluizg
posted on 15 Dec 2013, 19:29 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)

Worst than the previous note

andreluizg has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Well, I'm a galaxy fan. Already owner of the galaxy s1, galaxy nexus, galaxy note 2, and the galaxy note 8. But this one really disappointed me. I have bought the 32gb exynos version, wifi only, the screen is amazing. But is incredibly buggy and laggy. The battery is disappointed as well. But the laggy thing is the worst of the device. I had to change for a simpler launcher (Nova launcher), to improve the usability. But is laggier then almost all my previous devices. With the exception of the galaxy s1 (3 years old device...). The transition between apps is not smooth, you can't roll fast a page without feeling you miss something... I had an Ipad 2. But I hate apple. My galaxy note 2 and 8 are better than this 10.1 2014 edition. I don't recommend it.

Pros

• display

Cons

• laggy
  • buggy

Honestcritic
posted on 14 Nov 2013, 20:57 (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)

Best tablet on the market

Honestcritic has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I sold my iPad 3rd generation to upgrade to this beast. I have the white one. It's beautiful. I love how you can have widgets in the background. I love the customizable Android experience. I can change the keyboard theme, size, etc. The retina display is great and this is just as good. Higher pixel density actually.

The s pen is amazing!! You can draw like an artist. Very precise. Mulți tasking is also very handy. Idk what Apple is waiting for to include something so basic like multi-tasking. My s4 does that. I was a huge apple fan, but over the past couple of years I have transitioned to Android and Samsung. It really annoyed me that they are making customers wait 'for the next model' when you have companies like Samsung who is giving you dozens of options.

Anyways, back to the review. There is an 8 megapixel camera on the back (not that most people need it, but it's nice to have that option) while apple's new air still has 5,lol!

The one thing that the iPad had an advantage in is battery life. I get about 5 hours of screen time.

Pros

• S pen
  • Multi tasking
  • Widgets
  • Beautiful display

htainlintha
posted on 25 Nov 2013, 07:09 (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)

Beastly Note 10.1 2014 P600 32GB Black 2nd Generation

htainlintha has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It is a lovely,beastly,latest Galaxy Tablet comes with the marginally-larger weight and marginally-thicker than ipad air in the form of 10.1 inch(larger display but surprisingly it has much higher pixel density than both ipad air and ipad mini with retina) Android tablet. I can't press enough how good it is in performing multi-tasking, with mult-window or Spen window, the pen is really useful in sketching and writing as it can pin point on the screen so precisely. The display is simply gorgeous 2560x1600 Super clear LCD is way better,clearer and sharper than ipad air(as I also have ipad air). Samsung watchon is another useful app to control the smart TV while I am using tablet and no need to bother finding a remote to control the TV. The battery life is like all day long for me.8220mAh,average of about 11 hour serious usage and 10 hour on ipad air which has 8000mAH, The camera is great with Samsung UI, 8MP with flash but I'd say Note 3 ,S4 Zoom and S4 can take way better pictures and videoes. Though it is a little bit more expensive than ipad air and mini 2,I do not regret at all as it packs with tons of features and great performance. Plus it has US promotion,though I can't use all but it is worth of like half of the price as I can use like 2/3 of the promotion in Australia.
Got it from here:http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Edi​​​​tion-Black/dp/B00F3SOHNU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UT​F8&​qid​=13​84412115&sr=8-2&keywords=galaxy+​note+1​0.1+20​14+32G​B

Build quality 9/10 Leather-like plastic back,unremovable,expandable memory. Battery is not removable.
Reception 10/10 The wifi works great,cos mine is wifi only version. No problem in using skype,viber(can use in both tablet and smartphone simultaneously with the latest update),wechat,hangout etc.
Call quality 10/10 No problem with that.Works 100% great.So 10 for this one.
Internet 10/10 I use internet all day long,swift and snappy. Works great with both google chrome and internet apps.
Multimedia 10/10 Can accept almost any types of videos and music file that you throw in and works great with no problems. 2xGood side stereo speakers,loud,clear and crispy.
Camera 10/10 8MP with flash, can record 1080pHD @ 30fps and take pictures as standard Android camera,better than other standard 8mp camera on board,but not as sharp and detail as 13MP shooters,siblings.
UI speed 9/10 Swift and snappy,multi-tasking is the best and top-notch on this tablet,thanks to 3GB of RAM.
Everyday usage 9/10 If I don't game all day,it last more than 2 or 3 days but for serious gaming,it still can last a day and varies to people different usage.
Text input 9/10 Samsung keyboard can do swyping and one useful thing is that it also has number on top of the QWERTY keyboard as I don't need to toggle back and forth.No problem with that and I like it better than ipad keyboards.
Display 10/10 2560x1600 UHD(299ppi) really rocks in gaming,web browsing(zooming in and out), watching videoes,youtube etc are just marvelous and brightness is just as right with normal color.
Battery 10/10 Battery life is like around 11 hours for serious gaming and stand by is like more than a week or so because if I don't use the display,the battery power just don't go down.

Pros

• Display:2560x1600 Super clear LCD
  • 8220mAh
  • Android 4.3
  • Good,loud and clear side speakers
  • 8MP camera with flash
  • 3GB of ram for Multitasking
  • Spen,so percise and useful
  • Integrated exclusive mymegazine,flipboard,twitter apps
  • For gaming,more details,stunning color output
  • Samsung watch on,Knox security,Slearning, lost and found apps,dropbox premium service etc

Cons

• Leather like plastic(but it is intended light weight)

htainlintha alternatives: