Samsung GALAXY Nexus User Reviews

Text input9.5/10
Everyday usage8.9/10
UI speed9.3/10

kidtronic
posted on 06 Apr 2012, 14:15 (Posts: 13; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)

Galaxy Nexus Review

kidtronic has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The best android phone to date, and arguably the best phone on the market. While you may have a hard time finding reception in an area with a weak signal, it's pros far outweigh its cons. The screen is sharp and vivid. The camera is fast and capable. It executes tasks without a hint of lag or stuttering. And the phone is light and feels great in the hand.

Pros

• Bright, vivid, and clear screen
  • Polished and responsive UI
  • Manageable size
  • Fast Camera
  • LTE is blazing fast

Cons

• Pictures could be sharper
  • Build materials aren't necessarily premium
  • Reception suffers in areas with weak signal

keesie12
posted on 23 Feb 2012, 07:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)

Super phone!

keesie12 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had this phone for 2 months now and i think it's the best phone in stores now. I've seen the galaxy S2 but the nexus is far forward cause everything looks much better on the screen. The quality of the photos could be better but i dont care much. All big games from the market run perfect without any leak (i tried GTA 3 and Backstab).

Ps. sorry for my bad english.

Build quality 9/10 The design is beautiful only the back is a - cause of the plastic but this is by any galaxy phone
Call quality 10/10 It's just perfect
Internet 10/10 Runs fast without any leak
Multimedia 9/10 Photo's and videos are shown very well but theres no FM radio.
Camera 9/10 Good quality pics but with the camera's on phones now it could be better
UI speed 10/10 without any lag you scroll and do anything
Everyday usage 10/10 It all works perfect
Text input 10/10 You can chose every keyboard you want (including swype) and i typ fast with the standard keyboard
Display 10/10 HD enough said
Battery 8/10 Not a good battery but thats by all smartphones these days so i dont give a really bad review about it. My phone does it about a day with playing games on it.

• Nearby sensor
  • Fast internet
  • HD screen
  • Android 4.0
  • Android Beam
  • No lags (fast processor)

Cons

• Battery time

RandomlyPsychotic
posted on 31 Jan 2012, 15:09 (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)

Galaxy Nexus Won Me Over my Galaxy SII.

RandomlyPsychotic has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I use to have a Samsung Galaxy SII (GSM Unlocked Version). And I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM Unlocked Version). Okay, I will admit, I am blown by the Galaxy Nexus, not only for it's specs but also how it compares to my Galaxy SII. I used both the GSII and GN on AT&T's network here in LA County. I live on the mountainside of LA County (next to Topanga Canyon on Mulholland Hwy) and here, there's not really all that "great service" you can say. And partially because it's in the mountains. I still get service however, when I got my Galaxy Nexus, my Nexus was getting better service than my Galaxy S II. One thing I did notice however is that my Galaxy SII would stay connected to AT&T's HSPA+ network while my Galaxy Nexus, if it only had like 1 bar of HSPA+ service, it would quickly drop down to EDGE. I was able to fix the problem by manually scanning for network and connecting to "AT&T US." When I did this, I always found better service here. Also another thing, camera. I loved the pictures I was able to take with my Galaxy SII. Don't get me wrong, I love how my Galaxy Nexus can take pictures instantly (comes handy in those "one in a lifetime" moments) but the quality of the photos does not compare. The photos seemed more pale than filled with color on my Galaxy Nexus. I mean, it's still usable but neither phone was going to replace my Canon 7D either way. I wasn't much fond with the construction with either phone. I feel like it's too "plasticy." I found the Galaxy Nexus...

Build quality 7/10 Samsung has this thing in which all their products are build with "plastic." I mean, this comes in handy when you drop your phone because you probably will not break it, but I still would have preferred some sort of material like Kevlar found on the Motorola Droid RAZR. It would have made the phone feel of "higher quality." Also, I wish the phone would come in full white like Galaxy SII not like the iPhone 3G that the back was white and front was black.
Reception 7/10 Reception is great, considering I live on the mountains where phones here do not get great service. One thing however is that I find it switching to EDGE more often than H+. I use to have the Galaxy SII and my Galaxy SII was able to hold a solid connection to HSPA+ but my Nexus doesn't, unless I connect to the network manually. But that can be a hassle itself.
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is amazing on this phone. It sounds so clear.
Internet 10/10 Big screens mean better browsing. And the built in browser is phenomenal, although, there can always be room for improvements.
Multimedia 10/10 It can play all my 1080p movies on the phones. And since the phone has a 4.65 screen, viewing a movie on a phone could not be any better.
Camera 7/10 Camera is a little disappointing. I love however the speed it can take photos at. I thought though that for $700 (that's how much I paid for it), the camera could have had a better camera, considering the other Galaxy phones have better camera sensors. But it's still a pretty good camera overall. But no mobile phone can replace my Canon 7D.
UI speed 9/10 So many people critique the Galaxy Nexus for not having a super fast processor. Well honestly, I do not think it matters because I find my Galaxy Nexus running as fast as my old Galaxy SII. I don't play much games so I do not know if the processor will matter when it comes to things like that. I play Angry Birds, and well, I do not think someone will die if my Galaxy Nexus loads the game one second later than my Galaxy SII. ICS is quite fast. So far, I haven't had much problems with the phone la
Everyday usage 8/10 This depends on the person. For me, this phone is excellent. However, some people might find it a problem because of the size of the phone.
Text input 8/10 Again, screen size. I personally have gotten used to the screen size but at first, I had a lot of problem when texting because the screen was so big.
Display 10/10 Display is beautiful on this phone. I have no complaints on the display.
Battery 10/10 Battery life is amazing on this phone. I use to have a Galaxy SII, and I would always find myself having to charge it throughout the day. I am a heavy user, always checking my e-mail, my Facebook, browsing the web. This phone always lasts me most of the day. I disconnect it everyday at 7 a.m. and don't get home till 6:30 p.m. and my phone is usually just starting to warn me that I have 15% of battery life left on it. I've had days that battery still has 30% when I get home. I mean that is really

Pros

• display (curved screen)
  • design
  • call quality
  • everyday use
  • most advanced android phone at the moment
  • unique

Cons

• camera (i mean it's rather decent but for $700, there might be better choices)
  • screen (i wish it had been smaller)
  • build quality (plastic, although plastic has its benefits)
  • no support for SD Cards (limited to built memory like iPhones)
  • ICS Still not fully supported thru Android Market
  • phone does not come in full white color

nak1017
posted on 31 Jan 2012, 13:12 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)

Very good Phone

nak1017 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got the phone right before Thanksgiving (1st batch of expansys orders) to replace my ailing G2x and frankly, this phone is huge improvement. This phone is everything a phone is supposed to be; fast, stable, decent battery life, great connectivity, nice screen, smooth, etc etc etc. Plus, the aftermarket and forum support have been tremendous. It's actually easier to name the few minor flaws than it is to simply list everything they did right.

1) After trying out an Amaze 4G for awhile, the GNex's camera feels laggy and a little underwhelming. It's still not bad by any means, but it's not quite up to par with the rest of the 1st tier flagship crowd. That being said, it's still built for convenience more than performance like every other camera on every other phone. If you're using it to take wedding photos or capture action stills of an event, you need to get a real camera anyway.
2) This probably not an issue for anyone reading this a few weeks/months after this review was posted, but there are still some app incompatibilities in the market. The one that's been most frustrating to me is the lack of flashlight options. I know Tiny Flashlight works, but it's a little laggy and could use more options.
3) The very slight differences in CDMA version compared to the GSM version make buying cases more complicated; not impossible, just more complicated. If you're thinking about getting a GNex and want a case for it, verify it fits whichever model you're getting.

That's it. Other than...

Pros

• Customizable
  • Solid Performer
  • Polished Stock UI
  • Bright, Detailed Screen
  • Smooth

Cons

• Camera could be faster (still pretty fast)
  • ICS incompatibilities with some Apps (probably fixed by the time you read this)
  • Differences in GSM /CDMA models for cases

minhaj1006
posted on 17 Jan 2012, 06:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)

Almost galaxy s2....

minhaj1006 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i downgraded my self from nexus to galaxy s2......... s2 is similar like galaxy nexus......only difference is stupid ics.....limited compatability with apps....viber didnt work properly on ics.....skype is too laggy.........
however..phone built quality is better ,,,but still its is plastic.....for God sake samsung improve you built quality....phone with 700+ US with plastic body....huh

Call quality 8/10 Robotic voice,,,
Multimedia 10/10 good multimedia capabilities
Camera 8/10 similar to galaxy s2.....but interface is cool..
UI speed 8/10 lag sometimes

Pros

• nice display
  • battery timing
  • multimedia

Cons

• OS
  • OS
  • OS
  • OS
  • limited compatibility with apps...

minhaj1006 alternatives:

SJosh
posted on 12 Jan 2012, 18:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)

Not good for office use

SJosh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Not at all so good for office/work use. Could have given some standard organiser apps as in Samsung SII. Does not have notes, voice memos, remonders, world clock, timer, stopwatch. Big disappointment on that front. The market place apps dont perform well as standard ones sometimes. Good for multimedia, games and social stuff. Flimpsy back cover. No accessories available at time of launch. why only 5mp camera?

Everyday usage 2/10 No standard organiser apps available. very disappointing.
Battery 4/10 very low battery relative to Galaxy sII.

Pros

• good display

Cons

• No standard apps line notes, voice remonder, memo
  • No timer, world clock, stopwatch

davidvvassallo
posted on 14 Mar 2012, 13:57 (Posts: 39; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)

The best nexus device yet

davidvvassallo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had the galaxy nexus for 4 months now its one of the best smartphones on the market. Its performance is great but it has a pretty outdated gpu its not really great for games if your buying this phone and you want to be able to keep on playing the latest games for at least 2 years then I wouldn't recommend this phone, I would go for the galaxy sii or the Sony xperia s.Overall the phone is amazing, it would have probably been the best phone at the moment if it wasn't for the gpu.

Build quality 10/10 When I first picked up the galaxy nexus I was shocked because i thought it wouldn't feel great in my hands but it feels great.
Reception 10/10 can't argue almost always full bars and never dropped a call
Call quality 9/10 You can hear the person well although the sound isn't that high and in busy streets you can't hear that well
Internet 10/10 Loads pages faster than my laptop.
Multimedia 8/10 The speaker is terrible in the streets you can barely hear anything I had to choose a really loud ringtone just to hear my phone
Camera 9/10 The camera takes very fast photos and they are pretty clear.Although at night the image quality isn't that good.
UI speed 10/10 The UI is very fluid can't complain.
Everyday usage 10/10 It will fit your basic smartphone needs like playing games, calling and all that stuff.
Text input 10/10 Pretty good you have a lot of space for the keyboard
Display 10/10 It will take your breath away
Battery 8/10 It last a day with normal usage

Pros

• Very nice screen
  • good build quality
  • good reception
  • fast camera

• speaker

davidvvassallo alternatives:

Birds
posted on 16 Dec 2011, 21:10 (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)

Galaxy Nexus review

Birds has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It is a simply the best phone to purchase at the moment. It has Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich and is the most up to date android phone at the time. It has some quirks but they are easily overlooked once you see how much of a beast this phone truly is.

Build quality 9/10 It has the contour display, but apart from that, the design is light weight but uninspired. It is definitely durable but just not the most stylish option. I do like the small bezel and buttonless design.
Reception 8/10 Good so far. Has strong signals.
Call quality 8/10 Not surprised here. It was expecting less but voices were clear and distinct, but did have a slight his to them.
Internet 9/10 It operates just as smoothly as an iPhone 4S. But with the increased display size and pixel density, it is one of the best experiences you can have.
Multimedia 8/10 One, thing this phone excels int. It has great speakers and can play full 1080p high proflie bitrate videos.
Camera 8/10 The Camera is top notch. Even though it is five megapixels, it still exhibits fine detail and the color reproduction is spot on. The video recording is also good and has a lot of features but it shoots at 24 frames per second.
UI speed 9/10 Perfectly, fluid even with a live wallpaper.
Everyday usage 9/10 So far has been great. I enjoy it.
Text input 8/10 Probably the best soft keyboard on any phone, it has great responsiveness and it's layout is also good. I did notice that It will hang up and lag when typing at a ridiculous rate but it only happened once.
Display 9/10 The best aspect of the, the 720p screen of the super AMOLED variety is the mest out there. It is good for watching movies on the giangantic 4.65 inch screen.
Battery 9/10 Lasts all day with medium ussage.

Pros

• Great display
  • Good camera
  • First of its kind

Cons

• Poor video frame rate.
  • flimsy battery cover

jagdeepgaba
posted on 01 Dec 2011, 11:15 (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)

Galaxy Nexus Review

jagdeepgaba has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is the best Android phone around today. It's got a fantastic screen, a superb new OS and extra elements like Android Beam for sharing photos, contacts or (in the future) connecting to peripherals.

And as a smartphone or even mini computer, it's a great size with a nice weight that doesn't feel too cumbersome to carry or use.

Multitasking and improved widget management make this a much improved option for Android fans and we cannot fault call quality which, as always, is the basis of any phone experience.

Build quality 8/10 Galaxy Nexus’ have a “Contour Display” makes for easier one-handed use and more comfortable calls ,while the rest of the design is strongly reminiscent of the Galaxy S II series of handsets. That does mean a plastic rather than metal body, here finished in matte silver, though the battery cover – while as flimsy as those on other recent Samsung phones – does have a semi-soft finish that’s easily gripped.
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is top notch too. There's no option to turn any noise-reduction settings on or off but frankly, they're not needed anyway as our signal quality was flawless as was the quality on both our end and other callers'.
Internet 7/10 rowsing experience on the Galaxy Nexus is what you would expect. It's brilliant. Pages load incredibly fast over Wi-Fi and very fast over HSDPA. but missing Flash
Multimedia 7/10 The size of the Galaxy Nexus, the quality of its screen and its weight make this an ideal PMP and we really enjoyed using it . Unfortunately, there is no FM radio bundled on the Galaxy Nexus.
UI speed 10/10 it's highly intuitive, especially to new users – but you just have to put your old ideas to bed here. It's also snappy and we encountered zero lags, even when trying to slow it down with every app open
Display 10/10 The screen, when lit up, looks fantastic. Its 4.65-inches with a resolution of 720 x 1280, giving a ppi of 316. It really is super sharp.

Pros

• . It's got a fantastic screen, a superb new OS and extra elements like Android Beam for sharing photos, contacts or (in the future) connecting to peripherals.
  • Multitasking and improved widget management make this a much improved option for Android fans .

Cons

• Battery life needs to be improved
  • No FM radio or SD card slot