x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Battery7.5/10
Reception8.9/10
Display9.6/10

askarak
posted on 02 May 2016, 23:34 (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Aug 2015)

Decent phone

askarak has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Used it for about 5 months. It has great screen (AMOLED, good PPI, slightly curved). Battery life is so terrible it really affects your experience - had to charge it about 1.5-2 times every day.

Make sure to update to Jelly Bean to get Project Butter - it really speeds up the UI. The review is kind of late, but whatever =P

Build quality 8/10 First curved screen on the market, good grip and looks really cool.
Call quality 7/10 Decent
Display 10/10 Best screen at the time
Battery 2/10 Terrible battery life

• Android updates

imkyle
posted on 25 Jan 2013, 20:58 (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)

Exceptional

imkyle has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone directly from the Playstore for $349. It was the first phone to get the 4.1.1 Jellybean update which is the main reason I got it. The device got 4.2 1 day after it was announced and remember this phone is over a year old. Sure the 5mp camera is good and not the best, but as long as the picture is clear I do not care is it is 5mp and not 8+. The screen colors are deep and rich and I love it. This will last me till the end of 2013. Great job Sammy and Google for getting together and creating this phone.

lonestrider
posted on 21 Jan 2013, 23:09 (Posts: 88; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)

Amazing Android experience. Beautiful phone.

lonestrider has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Just have this phone for a few months. Have a problems with the build quality. Drops the phone once to the floor from a table, and now the speakers works very bad. Sometimes have a very bad noise. But sometimes it's good.
The speed is what I love. Software support from both developers all around the world and Android is amazing. Custom ROMs make this phone more beautiful and powerful.
The weakside of this phone is only the build quality and battery life.

Build quality 6/10 All plastic design. Not a strong plastic.
Reception 9/10 Nothing bad in this side.
Battery 6/10 It's hard to get a straight 20 hours without charging.

Pros

• Design is cool
  • Nexus, of course, full software support.
  • Custom ROM make this phone even more amazing.

Cons

• Camera only 5 MP
  • non-expandable storage
  • Not the best build quality Samsung (or Google) could make.

kusalanupama
posted on 15 Dec 2012, 07:51 (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)

Awesome phone

kusalanupama has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

overall very good phone, has a very good feel to the hands because its very slim and light weight although its a big phone, and i really like the place where the lock button is placed. call quality is in good standard, no problem at all. but the reception is a bit lower than my iPhone 4s. though the camera is 5MP it produces good photos, but not very good once. Internet browsing is very smooth and fast, didn’t face any problems in that. One thing really makes this device an awesome one is the UI speed, I updated it into JB and it is buttery smooth, I didn’t face any lags, it’s really a pleasure to use. And the display is stunning. Only problem is the battery, making calls and texting from time to time is totally okay but when it comes to internet stuff the battery drains very quickly.

• User Interface

• No Expandable storage

kusalanupama alternatives:

COLAPSEDLUNGMAN
posted on 30 Oct 2012, 10:17 (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)

Love It

COLAPSEDLUNGMAN has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Love this phone. Was going to trade it in for the Nexus 4 but since that now won't be CDMA/LTE banded I have no reason to give it up. After using this phone I became a "Google Vegan" and will only every buy Nexus devices from here on out. You just can't go back.

• Jelly Bean
  • LTE

Cons

• 5 MP

yajia1
posted on 23 Aug 2012, 21:16 (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)

International Version

yajia1 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Everything seems to work great. Love the vanilla launcher of google itself. Love it even more than ever now that it has Jelly Bean. The only problem is that the battery seems to drain fast and it has some application hiccups. Even navigating from home screen to home screen occasionally lags but overall experience is great. Must have if you're an Android fan.

Pros

• Stock OS of android

Cons

• Battery is so~so

tuneslover
posted on 01 Jul 2012, 23:09 (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)

Very Good

tuneslover has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is the best Android phone ever made. All original Android experience. No bulkware or unnecessary visual effect. And Android's UI is kinda laddy usually but this ones not......totally loving it. Can't wait for Jelly Bean update.

toaster
posted on 24 May 2012, 19:06 (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)

A good choice for the Android purists only.

toaster has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had this phone for 5 months. I loved it, but it was a disappointment in some ways as well.

First off, let me go on record by saying that I love the concept of Android - the entire OS is within your hands to do with as you please. I don't like a company that doesn't know me and my needs personally deciding what I do and don't need in a phone.

That being said, my main gripe (and something that I failed to read up on) was the fact that since I got it from my carrier, my phone was designated yakjuux and not yakju. (Google "galaxy nexus yakju" if you want to see why that's significant.) In a nutshell, this means that updates came from Samsung, rather than Google. In turn, this meant that I was still on 4.0.1 until very recently, when I was updated to 4.0.3. By this time, 4.0.5 builds were circulating around, so I decided to just root. But isn't that the main selling point of a Nexus device - updates as they happen straight from Google, without having to wait for the OEMs to push it out when they felt like it? I felt a bit duped after learning this and it definitely soured my experience with the phone.

But, that has nothing to do with the actual experience while using the phone, as these updates had little effect on the actual usage of the phone. Overall, I would rate it an 8, for reasons I list below. I replaced it with a One XL and would recommend it over the Nexus.

One final note: Whoever does the QC for the GN needs to be fired. They are VERY hit and miss. Look out for yellow/purple...

Build quality 7/10 My main qualm about the phone before getting it was that it would be far too big to use comfortably. I found this to be the opposite. Like its predecessor, it fit perfectly in the hand. The curves, while not as aesthetically pleasing as the angular looks of the international S II, is definitely more ergonomic and makes the phone feel smaller than it actually is. However, the Nexus is typical Samsung plastic. I don't usually have an issue with plastic builds, but my phone started creaking a bit a
Reception 7/10 The GN has been famously plagued with connectivity issues. Mine didn't have these issues, but I found that my phone would annoyingly lose signal randomly (for 15-20 seconds every couple of hours or so). This happened with any ROM, kernel or baseband that I used, so it was definitely a hardware issue. When it worked, however, it was pretty damn good, although signal through buildings left a bit to be desired. My One XL definitely betters it in this aspect.
Call quality 8/10 No real complaints here. Crystal clear on both ends. The volume could have done with being a bit higher, but that's nitpicking. The speakerphone is pitiful, though.
Internet 10/10 Pretty amazing in this aspect, actually. No matter what browser is used, everything loads in a flash, and there is almost no lag to be found.
Multimedia 9/10 The screen is great for watching movies and playing games on. 16GB is more than enough for my (limited) music collection, although an option to expand would have been nice.
Camera 7/10 Great up close and in perfect daylight. Mediocre everywhere else. I found that my shutter was not so instant, instead taking 2-3 seconds to focus and shoot. Hmm. Blowing up images on a computer monitor really shows the issues in the Nexus' optics.
UI speed 8/10 The Nexus comes with stock ICS. This has many upsides, especially since ICS is the most beautiful and functional version of Android yet. It also runs smoothly under light loads. Under heavy loads when doing a lot of multitasking, however, it would slow right down.
Everyday usage 8/10 The Nexus fit my needs fairly well in everyday tasks. There are no glaring omissions or oversights that I could find. However, occasionally my day would be cut a bit short due to it dying midway through the day! It also is not the best device for gaming, because framerates would take a nasty hit on any games more intensive than Temple Run. I think that the Nexus could have done with more relevant internals.
Text input 9/10 OEM keyboard - great. Any sort of 3rd party keyboard - not so much. It tended to fall behind my typing even if I slowed down. However, this was easily remedied by just using the stock ICS keyboard.
Display 8/10 I am a screen aficionado, the type of person who thinks that even the 4S's screen is not quite to my standards. This was about comparable to the 4S. It was nice, contrast-y and stunning in the right light. I could barely distinguish PenTile unless I was looking at the screen from less than 2 inches away. But it wasn't bright enough. I always had to crank the brightness to see in any sort of daylight. At low brightness levels, grays took on a purple tinge. Also, at higher brightness levels, white
Battery 6/10 This is where this phone sort of fell flat. Although it was nowhere near the level of the VZW version and its ridiculous battery drain, it didn't idle particularly well and got 3 hours of screen time per charge on a pinch. With any sort of gaming or music playing it dropped to 1.5-2 hours.

Pros

• Stock ICS is a huge selling point
  • Nice display with high contrast ratio and vibrant colours
  • Good call quality
  • Great internet experience
  • Awesome for movies
  • Speedy in menial tasks
  • Good day-to-day phone

Cons

• Battery life is below par
  • Struggles with heavy games
  • Display has grainy whites/grays and is not quite bright enough
  • Camera falls flat compared to other high-ends
  • Random network disconnects (hardware issue)
  • Build quality does not exude high end
  • Awful speaker
  • Non-yakju phones don't get timely updates

Hildy
posted on 21 May 2012, 21:50 (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)

Best on the Market

Hildy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's not the biggest but it's big enough and any bigger would be approaching too big. It's not the fastest but it's fast enough that I don't notice any lag. It doesn't have the most memory but it's plenty for my usage. Having said what it iisn't let me say what it is.

It's pure. Pure Android. No Wiz or Sense or anything else that Google didn't bake into the OS. No bloatware that I didn't install. And, as a result, no delays in getting patches.

Two problems. First, the battery could/should be better. I wish the little chin it has at the bottom extended futher up allowing for a bigger battery. Second, Samsung USA still doesn't recognize the Google Galaxy Nexus at their support site. Hopefully, this will be corrected soon.

kidtronic
posted on 06 Apr 2012, 14:15 (Posts: 13; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)

Galaxy Nexus Review

kidtronic has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The best android phone to date, and arguably the best phone on the market. While you may have a hard time finding reception in an area with a weak signal, it's pros far outweigh its cons. The screen is sharp and vivid. The camera is fast and capable. It executes tasks without a hint of lag or stuttering. And the phone is light and feels great in the hand.

Pros

• Bright, vivid, and clear screen
  • Polished and responsive UI
  • Manageable size
  • Fast Camera
  • LTE is blazing fast

Cons

• Pictures could be sharper
  • Build materials aren't necessarily premium
  • Reception suffers in areas with weak signal

RandomlyPsychotic
posted on 31 Jan 2012, 15:09 (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)

Galaxy Nexus Won Me Over my Galaxy SII.

RandomlyPsychotic has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I use to have a Samsung Galaxy SII (GSM Unlocked Version). And I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM Unlocked Version). Okay, I will admit, I am blown by the Galaxy Nexus, not only for it's specs but also how it compares to my Galaxy SII. I used both the GSII and GN on AT&T's network here in LA County. I live on the mountainside of LA County (next to Topanga Canyon on Mulholland Hwy) and here, there's not really all that "great service" you can say. And partially because it's in the mountains. I still get service however, when I got my Galaxy Nexus, my Nexus was getting better service than my Galaxy S II. One thing I did notice however is that my Galaxy SII would stay connected to AT&T's HSPA+ network while my Galaxy Nexus, if it only had like 1 bar of HSPA+ service, it would quickly drop down to EDGE. I was able to fix the problem by manually scanning for network and connecting to "AT&T US." When I did this, I always found better service here. Also another thing, camera. I loved the pictures I was able to take with my Galaxy SII. Don't get me wrong, I love how my Galaxy Nexus can take pictures instantly (comes handy in those "one in a lifetime" moments) but the quality of the photos does not compare. The photos seemed more pale than filled with color on my Galaxy Nexus. I mean, it's still usable but neither phone was going to replace my Canon 7D either way. I wasn't much fond with the construction with either phone. I feel like it's too "plasticy." I found the Galaxy Nexus...

Build quality 7/10 Samsung has this thing in which all their products are build with "plastic." I mean, this comes in handy when you drop your phone because you probably will not break it, but I still would have preferred some sort of material like Kevlar found on the Motorola Droid RAZR. It would have made the phone feel of "higher quality." Also, I wish the phone would come in full white like Galaxy SII not like the iPhone 3G that the back was white and front was black.
Reception 7/10 Reception is great, considering I live on the mountains where phones here do not get great service. One thing however is that I find it switching to EDGE more often than H+. I use to have the Galaxy SII and my Galaxy SII was able to hold a solid connection to HSPA+ but my Nexus doesn't, unless I connect to the network manually. But that can be a hassle itself.
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is amazing on this phone. It sounds so clear.
Internet 10/10 Big screens mean better browsing. And the built in browser is phenomenal, although, there can always be room for improvements.
Multimedia 10/10 It can play all my 1080p movies on the phones. And since the phone has a 4.65 screen, viewing a movie on a phone could not be any better.
Camera 7/10 Camera is a little disappointing. I love however the speed it can take photos at. I thought though that for $700 (that's how much I paid for it), the camera could have had a better camera, considering the other Galaxy phones have better camera sensors. But it's still a pretty good camera overall. But no mobile phone can replace my Canon 7D.
UI speed 9/10 So many people critique the Galaxy Nexus for not having a super fast processor. Well honestly, I do not think it matters because I find my Galaxy Nexus running as fast as my old Galaxy SII. I don't play much games so I do not know if the processor will matter when it comes to things like that. I play Angry Birds, and well, I do not think someone will die if my Galaxy Nexus loads the game one second later than my Galaxy SII. ICS is quite fast. So far, I haven't had much problems with the phone la
Everyday usage 8/10 This depends on the person. For me, this phone is excellent. However, some people might find it a problem because of the size of the phone.
Text input 8/10 Again, screen size. I personally have gotten used to the screen size but at first, I had a lot of problem when texting because the screen was so big.
Display 10/10 Display is beautiful on this phone. I have no complaints on the display.
Battery 10/10 Battery life is amazing on this phone. I use to have a Galaxy SII, and I would always find myself having to charge it throughout the day. I am a heavy user, always checking my e-mail, my Facebook, browsing the web. This phone always lasts me most of the day. I disconnect it everyday at 7 a.m. and don't get home till 6:30 p.m. and my phone is usually just starting to warn me that I have 15% of battery life left on it. I've had days that battery still has 30% when I get home. I mean that is really

Pros

• display (curved screen)
  • design
  • call quality
  • everyday use
  • most advanced android phone at the moment
  • unique

Cons

• camera (i mean it's rather decent but for $700, there might be better choices)
  • screen (i wish it had been smaller)
  • build quality (plastic, although plastic has its benefits)
  • no support for SD Cards (limited to built memory like iPhones)
  • ICS Still not fully supported thru Android Market
  • phone does not come in full white color

nak1017
posted on 31 Jan 2012, 13:12 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)

Very good Phone

nak1017 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got the phone right before Thanksgiving (1st batch of expansys orders) to replace my ailing G2x and frankly, this phone is huge improvement. This phone is everything a phone is supposed to be; fast, stable, decent battery life, great connectivity, nice screen, smooth, etc etc etc. Plus, the aftermarket and forum support have been tremendous. It's actually easier to name the few minor flaws than it is to simply list everything they did right.

1) After trying out an Amaze 4G for awhile, the GNex's camera feels laggy and a little underwhelming. It's still not bad by any means, but it's not quite up to par with the rest of the 1st tier flagship crowd. That being said, it's still built for convenience more than performance like every other camera on every other phone. If you're using it to take wedding photos or capture action stills of an event, you need to get a real camera anyway.
2) This probably not an issue for anyone reading this a few weeks/months after this review was posted, but there are still some app incompatibilities in the market. The one that's been most frustrating to me is the lack of flashlight options. I know Tiny Flashlight works, but it's a little laggy and could use more options.
3) The very slight differences in CDMA version compared to the GSM version make buying cases more complicated; not impossible, just more complicated. If you're thinking about getting a GNex and want a case for it, verify it fits whichever model you're getting.

That's it. Other than...

Pros

• Customizable
  • Solid Performer
  • Polished Stock UI
  • Bright, Detailed Screen
  • Smooth

Cons

• Camera could be faster (still pretty fast)
  • ICS incompatibilities with some Apps (probably fixed by the time you read this)
  • Differences in GSM /CDMA models for cases

davidvvassallo
posted on 14 Mar 2012, 13:57 (Posts: 39; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)

The best nexus device yet

davidvvassallo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had the galaxy nexus for 4 months now its one of the best smartphones on the market. Its performance is great but it has a pretty outdated gpu its not really great for games if your buying this phone and you want to be able to keep on playing the latest games for at least 2 years then I wouldn't recommend this phone, I would go for the galaxy sii or the Sony xperia s.Overall the phone is amazing, it would have probably been the best phone at the moment if it wasn't for the gpu.

Build quality 10/10 When I first picked up the galaxy nexus I was shocked because i thought it wouldn't feel great in my hands but it feels great.
Reception 10/10 can't argue almost always full bars and never dropped a call
Call quality 9/10 You can hear the person well although the sound isn't that high and in busy streets you can't hear that well
Internet 10/10 Loads pages faster than my laptop.
Multimedia 8/10 The speaker is terrible in the streets you can barely hear anything I had to choose a really loud ringtone just to hear my phone
Camera 9/10 The camera takes very fast photos and they are pretty clear.Although at night the image quality isn't that good.
UI speed 10/10 The UI is very fluid can't complain.
Everyday usage 10/10 It will fit your basic smartphone needs like playing games, calling and all that stuff.
Text input 10/10 Pretty good you have a lot of space for the keyboard
Display 10/10 It will take your breath away
Battery 8/10 It last a day with normal usage

Pros

• Very nice screen
  • good build quality
  • good reception
  • fast camera

• speaker

davidvvassallo alternatives:

Birds
posted on 16 Dec 2011, 21:10 (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)

Galaxy Nexus review

Birds has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It is a simply the best phone to purchase at the moment. It has Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich and is the most up to date android phone at the time. It has some quirks but they are easily overlooked once you see how much of a beast this phone truly is.

Build quality 9/10 It has the contour display, but apart from that, the design is light weight but uninspired. It is definitely durable but just not the most stylish option. I do like the small bezel and buttonless design.
Reception 8/10 Good so far. Has strong signals.
Call quality 8/10 Not surprised here. It was expecting less but voices were clear and distinct, but did have a slight his to them.
Internet 9/10 It operates just as smoothly as an iPhone 4S. But with the increased display size and pixel density, it is one of the best experiences you can have.
Multimedia 8/10 One, thing this phone excels int. It has great speakers and can play full 1080p high proflie bitrate videos.
Camera 8/10 The Camera is top notch. Even though it is five megapixels, it still exhibits fine detail and the color reproduction is spot on. The video recording is also good and has a lot of features but it shoots at 24 frames per second.
UI speed 9/10 Perfectly, fluid even with a live wallpaper.
Everyday usage 9/10 So far has been great. I enjoy it.
Text input 8/10 Probably the best soft keyboard on any phone, it has great responsiveness and it's layout is also good. I did notice that It will hang up and lag when typing at a ridiculous rate but it only happened once.
Display 9/10 The best aspect of the, the 720p screen of the super AMOLED variety is the mest out there. It is good for watching movies on the giangantic 4.65 inch screen.
Battery 9/10 Lasts all day with medium ussage.

Pros

• Great display
  • Good camera
  • First of its kind

Cons

• Poor video frame rate.
  • flimsy battery cover

starchild
posted on 28 Jan 2014, 20:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)

horrible

starchild has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

worst phone I ever had within the first two months of owning the phone would get extremely hot while trying to talk on it enough you would have to remove it from your ear that is if it didn't shut off on you right away and restart on you and then take forever to restart and not even get all the way on and restart again 3 or four times in a row and if it did stay on try to open an app without It taking almost 30 seconds to open then shut off and restart before you could use the app put this way I had the worst experience for my first smart phone with this phone the list of problems I had are endless it wasn't just mine my daughter had same phone same phone same problems for almost a full year turned them in on warranty got something better worst phone iver in my opinion

Build quality 8/10 good design
Reception 8/10 liked look of screen
Call quality 4/10 good quality while talking listening shut off all the time
Internet 9/10 fine

Pros

• looks good
  • good for texting
  • internet seem ok

Cons

• would get etremely hot
  • kept shutting down on own and restarting
  • had to take battery out to reset all the time still had issues
  • did factory reset didnt solve anything
  • apps open extremly slow
  • list goes on and on

alekos21
posted on 22 Nov 2013, 05:28 (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)

galaxy nexus love

alekos21 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

best phone ever had best display best perfomance fast ui good call quality stock android with no garbage to slow down the system battery is a problem everyday charging camera is good but it could be better

taha1994
posted on 27 Jul 2013, 15:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)

Superb Phone and excellent phone !

taha1994 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i have had this phone for not more than a month now , the phone that i have bought is original made in korea and not in china and since considering samsung is from korea ... i think it is a very good phone .... everything is excellent and in order except for the battery which lasts for a day at the most .... other than that superb phone

Pros

• excellent phone ( by design )
  • fast internet
  • Very fast UI considering the processor
  • very good camera
  • gets updates instantly ( when released by google )
  • text input is easy
  • very good for everyday usage

Cons

• Battery is a problem

ashishbhagta
posted on 26 Jul 2013, 06:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 May 2013)

nexus on fire

ashishbhagta has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

it is a good phone its camera is 5 mp but it click images as 8 mp means it lacks somewhat but not that much as we think Really Nice Phone .... nice diaplay ... good performance ..... Happy to have it. value for money

Yahia.1999
posted on 01 Jun 2013, 05:01 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)

Excellent

Yahia.1999 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is really good ,, i had it for 5 months ,, and its still in an excellent condition .. Android is the best ,, it's fast and its screen is very good ,, 720p 4.7 inch screen ..fantastic phone,, the only bad thing is the battery ..

Pros

• HD Amoled Screen
  • 1.2 Ghz Dual core CPU & 1GB RAM
  • Quality
  • Fast Updates from Google
  • Apps & Games

hassamrehmat
posted on 19 Jan 2013, 12:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

hassamrehmat has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

When it comes to cellphones, no doubt Samsung is ahead of most of its rivals. However we could expect galaxy nexus to be a little bit better. The overall build quality is fine. Holding this mobile in your hand gives you a unique distinction as it is tagged by Google itself on the back side. The power buttons and volume rocker is easily accessible as these buttons are thick in size but some users might consider it a bit buggy or getting in the way while holding the cellphone. It however lacks physical button for home screen and neither it has any touch sensitive buttons. Having the home screen and back option inside the display helps the cellphone to have a compact display size without sacrificing the huge display for watching movies or playing games. The display itself isn't very crisp or bright. One of the first cellphone having 720p display, we expected it to have a wonderful screen but it disappointed us there. The camera is also a bit disappointing. With all the upcoming phones having an 8MP camera, it would have been better if the nexus was also equipped with an 8MP camera. Battery life isn’t too good but it gets you through the day. The internal speaker is pretty good and its in-call sound quality is very clear but the sound of the external speaker isn’t very loud. In fact, if you forgot your cellphone in your room, you wouldn’t be able to hear it ringing even if your sitting in the very next room. The flash light is also a very good addition which might be useful for taking...

Pros

• Instant android updates
  • Fast processor

Cons

hassamrehmat alternatives:

MOH-INT-75
posted on 06 Jan 2013, 08:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)

good phone

MOH-INT-75 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

the best phone that i ever had i got it 10 months ago and it still looks new the camera is not that good but its fine its so fast and smooth and with an hd display its one of the best phones out there

YousefGH95
posted on 03 Dec 2012, 11:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)

Outstanding

YousefGH95 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It is agreat phone and it is still in the competition even after 1 year of its release date :D Has some disadvantages but it is still a great phone, and one of its most important advantages is that it gets the updates directly and quickly from Google ;)

Pros

• no physical buttons

legendary110
posted on 29 Oct 2012, 02:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)

Galaxy nexus is GREAT!!!

legendary110 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i had this phone unlocked and its Really good with the display of super amoled. I run this device on jellybean and its soo good. If you are looking for a phone like the s3 but cheaper this is a GREAT phone you can get one unlocked for around $350 this phone is such a beast!!!! you dont know what your missing out on!!

Multimedia 10/10 The Super AMOLED display rocks in this with the massive 4.65 inch display
Camera 9/10 Super fast at taking photos and can do almost everything the s3 can do!!
Everyday usage 8/10 The battery is not that strong so you will not get through the day using the standerd battery thats included
Text input 10/10 Great keyboard!! nice layout.
Display 10/10 THis is the BEST SUPER AMOLED DISPLAY as good as the s3 its so great
Battery 8/10 Not a strong battery needs a stronger one but its pretty good overall

Pros

• Super Amoled
  • Fast at taking photos
  • nice 4.65 inch display
  • fast internet browing

Cons

• not strong battery

missouri_native
posted on 30 Sep 2012, 01:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Sep 2012)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE)

missouri_native has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Probably the best Android phone prior to the SGSII line of early 2012, but simply the best pure Android experience to date. For those who like the integrated Google experience, no carrier skin, optionally-modifiable s/w (unlock/root) and choice of carriers (US), this one was a no-brainer. Quite satisfied overall, esp. with the continued (albeit delayed) Android 4.x releases.

Build quality 9/10 Solid construction, even with plastic back plate (which minimizes weight). I added an aftermarket rubberized case, which actually improves grip and reduces likelihood of breakage.
Reception 8/10 Has improved over time, esp. with 4.1.1 release increasing both coverage and stability of both CDMA and LTE signals
Call quality 8/10 Again, improved over time - even though VZW (US) consistently denied there was a problem
Internet 10/10 Exceptionally fast on LTE, faster even than cable at home
Multimedia 9/10 Speaker is tinny and inadequately loud, but the screen is among the best of it's kind, esp. for a year ago
Camera 7/10 Second biggest drawback, even though the s/w patches in 4.1.1 have increased its functionality and quality
UI speed 10/10 Blazingly fast and smooth, esp. 4.1.1
Everyday usage 9/10 All in all, a considerably better phone than I expected, esp. due to 4.1.1 and increased App selection via Google Play. I could see owning this phone (albeit w/ spare battery) for another two years
Text input 10/10 Swype and the numerous other free alternate keyboards - stunningly accurate, fast and readily available
Display 10/10 Exceptional
Battery 6/10 Experienced the same as others complaints, even after 4.1.1 tweaks and assuming LTE is still improving. Rarely can I get through a full day (10+ hrs) with average/moderate use (no gaming, but average screen brightness for reading and surfing)

Pros

• LTE speed, screen, pure Google and seamless integration

Cons

• Battery and camera

Distal
posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)

Best

Distal has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Its a great phone, i believe that i will not change it in a very long time. best thing in it is the display and the large screen. Only disadvantage is the unchangeable memory and the camera. dont think there is alternative for it