x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung GALAXY Nexus Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vs. HTC One S

neileswar 12 May 2012, 09:08 posted on

I am going to purchase a new mobile phone. I have to decide among the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and HTC One S. But I am finding it difficult to decide on one. I will be buying the unlocked version from Amazon.de. Please help me to decide.

posted on 13 May 2012, 08:01

1. Moadino (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)

hello Neil, I have purchased my galaxy nexus three months ago and i can tell you from my own experience that this is one of the best smart-phones i have ever used, im pretty sure that the HTC one S is a pretty impressive phone but! what your looking in the phone is the reason for you to buy it, for me was the pure android ICS as the main reason. then comes the impressive super Almod HD screen, none of my friends could resist to hold the phone and tell how hot the phone is! im using my laptop less since i installed Google Chrome on my nexus, i have used some of the latest HD games and the results were impressive. the only thing con for the nexus would be the battery life, im not saying its poor or bad but i heard that the HTC one S has a better battery life, but thats only if you stay on the stock rom, if you try and install one of the roms out there especially with the help of Franco Kernel then you'll get an impressive battery life that ''in my opinion'' will compete with the one S's battery life.
again my main reason for buying it was the pure Android system. sorry Samsung Touchwiz, HTC Sense but pure google is the only way to go.

posted on 13 May 2012, 08:29

2. neileswar (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 May 2012)

Thanks for the input Moadino. To tell you the fact, I am gonna be a new user of Android once i get either of these. I didnt understand the concept of ROMS and kernals. Can you temme wat they are?

posted on 15 May 2012, 08:45

3. Moadino (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)

ROMS are like themes for Nokia phones or other non-smartphones. but ROMS have the ability to even improve the performance of your smartphone device, also ROMS feature different layouts for your phone such as widgets, user interface and so on.
your smartphone has three components that determine its performance, The hardware, The Kernel, The user interface ''ROMS''. the Kernel is responsible of translating all of your ROMS input ''such as clicking a button'' into electrical pulses that the hardware can read and respond to . the well built the kernel is the high performance you'll notice.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories