x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung GALAXY Nexus Discussions
  • Options
    Close

GPU in Galaxy Nexus vs. GPU in HTC Vigor

Question for someone (unregistered) 17 Oct 2011, 00:44 posted on

I've been waiting quite some time to upgrade from my OG D1, Its definitely between the HTC Vigor and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The only thing I don't know is which GPU is better.

I know the Vigor has got an auduino(sp) 220 but I'm not sure whats in the Nexus, and I'm not sure which is better.

I'm sure this'd help a lot more people than just me but if anyone can give me some info that would be great.

Thanks alot community

posted on 17 Oct 2011, 08:34

1. FrankJenkins (unregistered)

HTC ( and Motorolla ) usually put weak GPUs in their phones compared to their competition where as Samsung usually puts the 2nd highest end available ( 2nd only to Apple ).

Id expect the Galaxy Nexus to have the same GPU as the S II, which means it will still be 50% slower than the iPhone 4S, but likely much faster than the HTC phone.

posted on 19 Oct 2011, 19:19 1

3. Cinnamon (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)

How will it be 50% slower than the iphone?

posted on 20 Oct 2011, 12:25 2

5. Zacisblack (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)

It won't be. This is when you know people have absolutely no idea how technology works.

posted on 20 Oct 2011, 12:23 1

4. burtonsnow8 (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Apr 2010)

Frank, not quite. First off, GB only utilizes a single core of the SGSII processor, until ICS comes out it is not an accurate comparison. Plus the tests you are looking at, offscreen FPS, is not as important as the onscreen tests. The first 6 results, which are nearly neck and neck, are all the onscreen tests, meaning what you actually see.

http://i55.tinypic.com/zof6o5.png

Based on what we see in those results from the GLBench, I would say with dual core utilization they will be very comparable devices.

posted on 19 Oct 2011, 01:31

2. aliaselchore (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Jun 2010)

more than anything i think the fact that the nexus comes with ice-cream is more than enough to get it

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories