Samsung GALAXY Nexus Sprint User Reviews

Build quality8.3/10
Text input8.9/10
Everyday usage7.4/10

sarge77
posted on 17 Mar 2013, 01:59 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)

Samsung galaxy nexus

sarge77 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this phone is great everything moves in it pretty fast. The battery isnt great its the same size battery as my photon 4g not sure why they did that. Reception for this phone is poor indoors not sure why also wifi signak is weaker then most phones usuallt the same signal no matter what samsung version you have.

Call quality 8/10 because mostly indoor I use phone and its terrible indoors other than that its ok
Battery 4/10 because the battery is poor doesnt last long at all always needs an outlet

Pros

• picture quality is great
  • UI is amazing love ics
  • great look and feel

Cons

• dont have 4g lte yet
  • no sdcard but I knew this before buying
  • indoor reception is poor even under wifi
  • indoors call quality is terrible

FerneyZan
posted on 20 Oct 2012, 06:34 (Posts: 34; Member since: 21 Jul 2010)

JUST AN OK PHONE.. Not Very Impressive.

FerneyZan has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Not what I was expecting. The reception is not that good even with plenty of bars, and the Battery is constabtly dying and I have to charge it a few times during the day.. The built seems ok visually, but feels like a toy in my hands.. I went back to my Samsung EPIC 4G Touch.. Not sure I wish this phone on anyone or even my kids.. :

Pros

Cons

• Horrible Battery Life
  • Feels Cheap
  • Bad Reception
  • Slow Internet since there is no real 4G for it anywhere yet..

elandrumiii
posted on 31 Jul 2012, 00:06 (Posts: 109; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)

Better than decent

elandrumiii has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone kept me from getting an iPhone and I am happy I did. The size and Basic Raw Andriod is great. Not having unwanted bloat ware is wonderful. I have discovered more and more things I can do and that I can make this phone do. The build is great even without it having metal and being plastic. It is light for it size and I have not had it get warm or hot and that is a big plus. Overall I would not trade it for another phone unless it was a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Build quality 9/10 Love the quality feels good in my hand
Reception 7/10 Have had a few reception issue dont know if it is Sprint or the phone
Call quality 10/10 The sound quality is excellent one of the best I have ever had
Internet 9/10 Web is great and I am not that big a fan of Google Chrome
Multimedia 10/10 Multimedia is great.I love how good the features and tools of raw andriod is without all the extras from carriers and manufacturers
Camera 10/10 At just 5 mega pixles I feel it is as good as the 8 that was on my Evo with better features
UI speed 10/10 Blazing fast
Everyday usage 9/10 Still learning and its gets better everday
Text input 8/10 The voice input is better than expected and the screen is just the right size for my hands
Display 8/10 The auto brightness is horrible so I have to leave it off of auto that hurts the battery but that is not an issue. i get thru a day right now.
Battery 9/10 Better than I could hae imagined so I have held off on buying an extended.

Pros

• Phone is great overall but not a knock out yet. Maybe in another month

Cons

• Reception and screen brightness

sebas
posted on 05 Jul 2012, 08:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)

love it

sebas has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is the greatest phone I ever owned battery life is not to great but over all it has many cool features I love the that it has Google built in and the search bar at the top of the screen you would not believe how cool this phone is love it so much I'm using it to write this review great job Samsung you made the greatest phone of all time.

sebas alternatives:

vdhillsr
posted on 26 May 2012, 10:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 May 2012)

Extremely happy!!!

vdhillsr has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I must admit, when I first received this phone I did not like it because of the Google UI. I am used to most of everything that I need coming preinstalled on the phone. Now that I have the phone customized to my liking, I can’t put it down. I have had many High end phones and I will say that this is the best looking phone I have ever laid eyes on! Everything about this phone is top notch. The phone is very quick and responsive and I don’t even have LTE yet…..that includes Internet usage too. This is important to me because I didn’t want to need the LTE on a day-to-day basis to enjoy the phone because of battery life....which has been really good too. I take it off the charger in the morning before leaving for work and put it back on when I return from a 12 hour shift…..that’s with moderate use. Oh yeah, no bloat ware (no apps that you don't want or don't need)! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Pros

• Everything!!!
  • crazy about the design!!!
  • Vivid Screen!!!

Cons

• No lte yet!!!

vdhillsr alternatives:

tuminatr
posted on 09 May 2012, 00:41 (Posts: 656; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)

I love it

tuminatr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

ok this is my fifteenth android phone and my favorite, the only negative is the signal strength meter seems to be a bit lower than phones I have previously owned but I have not had any connectivity issues I think ICS is awesome and LTE will be too once it is available

Battery 10/10 this phone goes a day and a half on a charge its great

mcbeav
posted on 29 Apr 2012, 08:29 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 May 2011)

Eh

mcbeav has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall, I would say this phone is just alright. It seems to have signal issues just like every other Samsung phone. That in itself is almost a deal breaker. The display is nice, is the usually Samsung display. Battery life is just alright. Typical of an Android smartphone.The battery seems to be in the top 75% of Android phones. It is good, but not nearly the best. The build quality is cheap. Some people prefer plastic, and the truth is, it will be able to withstand a few drops because of the plastic body, but it just feels cheap. Samsung likes to put some texture into the plastic to give it the illusion it is of better quality, but the truth is, the body is cheap, and feels cheap. The battery cover is ridiculously flimsy. Gorilla glass, the usual. ICS is nice, it finally feels like Android is a full OS, and it finally has the features it has been missing forever, such as multitasking ( multitasking that actually works, it is not of much use if there is not easy way to switch back and forth between apps, see what is open, and close what you dont want open.) It is nice to not have Samsungs Fischer Price Themed overlay. Stock ICS is nice. Some people actually like touchwiz, but It looks so childish IMO. Stock keyboard is great. There is some noticeable lag in the OS. It does not always lag, but it lags more often than it should. Physical buttons would be nice. I know this is a feature of ICS, but the screen occasionally stops responding, and the only fix is to actually pull the...

Pros

• ICS
  • No Physical Buttons
  • Screen Size
  • Fast
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Signal Issues
  • Cheap Plastic Body
  • No Physical Buttons