Samsung GALAXY Nexus CDMA User Reviews

Display9.6/10
Build quality8.3/10
Text input9.1/10

Discwog
posted on 30 Dec 2011, 13:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)

So far so good

Discwog has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great phone out of the box. Fast 4G internet. Excellent design.

I've owned this phone since the day after release and so far I love the speed and reliability of this phone. I don't make a lot of phone calls but I use the data capabilities of this phone a lot. Multi-media like Netflix and Hulu-Plus (until they dropped support for the phone) work great and 4G means the wait to start or rebuffer is minimal.

I also use the phone to support our IT infrastructure and do RDP connections to our servers. The BIG screen makes this possible and fast.

Overall I love the phone and would buy it again in an instant.

Pros

• ICS 4.0
  • Light weight

• Flimsy battery cover

shnibz
posted on 29 Dec 2011, 08:22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)

love this phone

shnibz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Build quality is very nice, while it is plastic and doesnt use premium materials it is still well made,

the reception and call quality very good here in south eastern VA

All the Internet and multimedia stuff is just ridiculously fast very fast phone+great 4g coverage here

Camera takes decent pictures but the thing about it is it takes pictures amazingly fast! Virtually zero lag

UI is great and speeedy but a little lag with live wallpapers

Text input is great with such a large screen but its also very accurate, I make less mistakes typing on Nexus than I do my Kindle Fire

Display is huge and looks beautiful! No complaints whatsoever

Battery life no so great but that was go be expected

Overall I never though I would go back to android after my awful htc hero experience plus I love WP7 but this phone blows me away it is great and android 4.0 ICS is great couldn't be more happy

Pros

• just about everything.
  • no capacitive buttons is nice
  • ICS

Cons

• battery life (as expected)

seanjohnusa91
posted on 20 Dec 2011, 04:19 (Posts: 29; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)

A Procrastinator's Review

seanjohnusa91 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I like reviewing the phone underneath it's sections so have fun!! This review is probably slightly longer than the average because I have a microbiology final in a couple of hours and I'll do anything to procrastinate...Merry Christmas!

Build quality 10/10 I personally feel like I'm holding a quality phone when I hold it. No, it isn't flashy and metallic and kevlared and glassed but It's build quality feels real solid.
Reception 7/10 I partially blame it on my campus because the service isn't the best, but it's annoying to not automatically get 4G and have to airplane on and off after I leave a place with no service. 4G also drops out constantly...even when it shouldn't (aka when my Droid RAZR next to it has 4G still)
Call quality 10/10 So good I can hear my best friend talking in the background over my girlfriend
Internet 10/10 3G is good...Wi-Fi is wow...4G is mindblowing
Multimedia 10/10 Spotify is nice...Netflix is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Camera 9/10 I've "muploaded" 4 times as many pictures in my first 4 days of owning this phone than the past 4 years of owning any phone. Panorama is pretty cool. 0 lag is a beast for catchin' those in the moment pictures. I'm not too picky about the mp...If i want a quality picture I'll revert to my DSLR (photo minor) my only gripe is it's ability to focus light well
UI speed 8/10 I got over the fact that I can't use a live wallpaper and it be almost flawless but I really like the microbe one (biology major) so I hope the update gives my that nice fluidity with live wps
Everyday usage 9/10 I mean if it lasted all day it'd get a 10...I knew that it wouldn't last all day but i mean it says everyday use so it gets a 9...it's more like a halfaday use.
Text input 10/10 Bye bye swiftkeyx and swype!
Display 10/10 Netflix............................​...................................​...................................​...................................​...................................​...................................​...................................​...................................​...................................​...................................​..................... In HD!!!!
Battery 6/10 I can't be disappointed because it's what I expected and for a 4G phone it's decent but for long trips and days where I'm moving from place to place constantly and won't have time to charge it for much, I foresee problems...I'm over it...but it still gets a 6.

Pros

• ICS
  • 720p display
  • Almost great phone camera
  • Crystal clear calling quality
  • Internet is flash + superman + sonic
  • Non-flashy yet SOLID build
  • LTE fast

Cons

• 1850mAh + LTE
  • Keeping LTE

seanjohnusa91 alternatives:

newman69
posted on 19 Dec 2011, 15:22 (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)

Good~

newman69 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I LOVE IT!
It's so good smartphone ever~
I gat this phone last friday~
It's so fatasity phone~ So fast Internet Speed~
almost 20mbps~
and fast internet
and lot of funny thing ~
camera it so fast ~
and camera quality is nice to look.
ui speed and touch speed very good~
i think better than iphone, lot of things~

Pros

• Super fast
  • ICS
  • 4G LTE

Cons

• Battery Life~

Synack
posted on 19 Dec 2011, 15:18 (Posts: 641; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)

Please let me ACTUALLY give a real review

Synack has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This device is phenomenal and there only a couple of things wrong with it. It is the device I have been patiently waiting for. It's quick and snappy and the connection is fast.

200 charrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Build quality 9/10 I'd prefer if it was made out of something more premium like on the back. Or white.
Reception 8/10 It should receive a 5 right now because the reception blows but it will all be solved with a simple software update.
Call quality 10/10 No problems
Internet 10/10 I only have one gripe. Text input in the browser doesnt come with autocorrect.
Multimedia 9/10 The only problem is the volume is low, which can easily be fixed with Volume+ app
Camera 9/10 Needs a better balance of focus and quick picture taking abilities, otherwise awesome.
UI speed 10/10 No issues here
Text input 10/10 Best keyboard I've ever ever used.
Display 10/10 Gorgeous massive colorful display.
Battery 8/10 It should receive a 5 right now because the reception blows but it will all be solved with a simple software update.

Pros

Cons

• Reception / battery - will be fixed soon

scott1965
posted on 19 Dec 2011, 06:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Dec 2011)

Underwhelmed by the Hardware

scott1965 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

My main reason for purchasing this phone was the screen size. However, after using the phone for a few days I returned the phone and purchased the Razr because I was disappointed with the quality of the phone and reception. I expected much more from a high end device.

Pros:
-New OS
-Screen Quality and Size

Cons:
-Phone feels more like a free feature phone than a high-end smart phone.
-Lousy Reception.
-Bounced between 3G and 4G.
-Slow hot spot.

Regarding my comments about the reception and data, I also have a Droid Bionic and Razr that work great in these areas. I also had a phone that did not have data or reception issues.

scott1965 alternatives:

aactingstar
posted on 17 Dec 2011, 15:06 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)

Wow!

aactingstar has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So far i LOVE it! It is quick and has absolutely NO bloatware. I waited for this phone for months and it was well worth the wait! I'm glad I went with this instead of the Motorola Razr. There is no comparison! Absolutely LOVE it! I had the Bionic for 5 days then returned it and the Droid X before that. Nothing but PROBLEMS with Motorola! Very happy with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus!

Camera 9/10 Would be better of it was an 8 megapixel rather than a 5!

Pros

• -Super fast
  • -Ice cream sanwich
  • -4g
  • -battery charges quick
  • -huge, clear screen
  • -clear audio
  • -came with headphones
  • -HDMI
  • -light and thin

Cons

• -battery dies pretty fast