Samsung GALAXY Nexus CDMA User Reviews

Battery6.9/10
Reception7.1/10
Display9.6/10

milesboy5
posted on 07 Jun 2013, 23:53 (Posts: 126; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)

This phone was crippled by poor call quality, battery life and slow updates due to Verizon.

milesboy5 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have endured the growing pains of the "Nexus" brand of Verizon Wireless. Unfortunately it was not a merry relationship with my phone and I. The call quality sucked, the battery life sucked, and the build quality was just ok. Overall it looks neat on the outside but after a little wear and tear this Nexus device slowly degrades to a pulp.

Build quality 6/10 Minor bumps and drops can through of your reception for a week.
Reception 6/10 Even with Verizon's coverage the reception on this phone was just average.
Call quality 4/10 Couldnt hear a thing!!!!
Internet 10/10 Only because of Chrome.
Camera 7/10 Eh...it came out right when 8mp was the norm.
UI speed 7/10 Compared to now its ok, it keeps up with most tasks you through at it.
Everyday usage 6/10 Wear and tear
Text input 8/10 After the 4.2 update it improved greatly!
Display 6/10 Sunlight=no visibility.
Battery 4/10 Got me through 4 hours of usage......on a good day.

neowiz73
posted on 30 Sep 2012, 22:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Sep 2012)

neowiz73 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not sure why people down the battery, because if you've ever used an HTC phone then you know what poor battery life is really about. With this one I used the oem extended battery and I get a full day in with moderate to heavy use. after 8-9 hours at work when I get home I usually have 25 to 30% life left. Which works for me. The extended battery in this phone is now pretty much the standard in other phones. with the exception of the RAZR Maxx of course. But it's a Nexus! so it will never be left to rot because it is directly updated by Google. While all the other manufacturers will eventually drop support after 1 or 2 updates.

Build quality 10/10 Great design, everything works great. Even after a few drops it still works without flaws.
Reception 9/10 Not quite as good as my Droid X on reception, but it is typical for Motorola to have better reception overall.
Call quality 10/10 sounds great, everything works really good.
Internet 10/10 4G LTE capable, can't get much better right now.
Multimedia 10/10 music and video playback is really good. if you are part of the mod community you can even have beats on your phone.
Camera 8/10 5 mp is the only downer about the phone. But it does take nice quick shots and can do sweep panaramic photos as well with the android 4.1 jelly bean update.
UI speed 10/10 with the 4.1 jelly bean update it is buttery smooth and quick. very little delay.
Everyday usage 10/10 great all around phone, has worked very well since i've had it. which was about 10 months ago.
Text input 10/10 the default keyboard is ok, but I use swiftkey 3 and that is the best keyboard for android by far. With the iphone you are stuck with what they give you.
Display 10/10 the ppi is 320 not 316 as phone arena states. which is right at what the iphone is but with a much larger screen. AMOLED, nice vibrant colors.
Battery 9/10 it's not the best but it is still average of anything else out. at least until we get a new nexus phone hopefully with the new nvidia cpu that seems to really work well for the nexus 7 tablet.

Pros

• bright vibrant color quality
  • high resolution and PPI quality
  • Nexus phone, always up to date with latest android build
  • elegant design
  • fast processor very responsive
  • fast camera, takes good quick shots.
  • Best if you like to Mod the phone, great dev support

Cons

• 5mp Camera

blackhand1001
posted on 14 Sep 2012, 11:11 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)

Best phone I have had

blackhand1001 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone since January and its by far the best phone I have had. Great screen, blazing fast and easy to use. Stock android is so much better than the skins the other phones have. Glad I bought it. Every software update makes it better and better. Love google now and the new voice search. So much more accurate than siri and faster. Overall now that this phone is free at best buy mobile you really can't beat it. I paid 300 for it when it first came out.

Build quality 10/10 Solid build, no creaks, has survived several drops including on pavement.
Internet 10/10 Fastest browser on a phone
UI speed 10/10 Butter smooth, especially on jellybean.

Pros

• Super AMOLED Screen
  • Stock android
  • Rooting possibilities are endless
  • Easy to use.

BarnabasCollins
posted on 07 Aug 2012, 10:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)

Excellent .

BarnabasCollins has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

An Android With All The Functions You Need.
Great reception and a powerul device to fullfill the everyday needs of personal communication and business operations.
The call qualiry is great as well as the internet browsing.
TIP: download a battery saver app and battery juice will last until end of the day!

Build quality 10/10 Feels Solid.
Reception 10/10 No Problems on 3G / 4G / WiFi
Call quality 10/10 Excellent call quality
Internet 10/10 Super Fast!
Multimedia 10/10 Full Integration
Camera 9/10 Would love to Ahve The 8 Pix
UI speed 10/10 Fast , fast!
Everyday usage 10/10 Great Performance
Text input 10/10 love the keyboard!
Display 10/10 Magnificicent Super Amolate HD Screen
Battery 10/10 No Problems when using a power saver app. 70 % at the end of the day.

Pros

• Neat Design
  • Beautiful Screen
  • Good Reception
  • No problems whith battery life when using a power saver app.
  • A Fenomenal Personal Assistant

Cons

• Can't find any

mdorno
posted on 20 Jul 2012, 01:20 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)

Decent build quality with ok radios.

mdorno has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I only had the phone for just shy of two months before getting the SGSIII.

Overall it was a different experience coming from a Droid X2. The phone just worked. No reboots or any lag whatsoever. You touched the icon for something and it just did it. Right away even.

Phone got warm occasionally but nothing serious.

Cellular radio was ok but nothing to write home about. The 4G/CDMA radios are another thing all together. They were lackluster and you would have internet whenever the gods felt like it. Software updates can probably help with this further.

Now battery life was horrendous on this phone even with the "extended" battery. No where near an all day phone unless you charged it twice.

Build quality 8/10 Solid feel but a metal unibody would be appreciated.
Reception 7/10 So-so radios. Still trailing Moto when it comes to reception and data signal.
Call quality 7/10 Ok.
Internet 7/10 Ok.
Camera 8/10 Very quick to open and decent photos.
UI speed 8/10 Very snappy with no noticable lag.
Everyday usage 8/10 Other than battery life this phone rocks.
Display 9/10 Beautiful.
Battery 4/10 Poor. And that is slightly understating it.

Cons

• Have I mentioned the battery yet?

mdorno alternatives:

davebuck
posted on 11 Jul 2012, 10:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)

Way Overated and the reception is awful!!

davebuck has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had several android phones. Like many others I could not wait for the Nexus Galaxy to be released. Well, it never lived up to the hype. The reception was awful. It dropped calls. When compared to the other members of my family who had a variety of phones, it always had less bars of reception. I replaced the phone twice and the Sim card twice. There was no improvement. I eventually changed the phone out for a Razr Maxx and love it. Did I forget the mention the battery was not very good either?

Pros

• ics
  • screen display

Cons

• reception
  • call quality

davebuck alternatives:

eugene7897
posted on 15 May 2012, 22:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 May 2012)

Overated

eugene7897 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Whoever the so called experts that gave this phone a 9.5 are should be replaced with someone else. Get real, this phone is wwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyy overated. Wouldn't try to convince anyone to buy it. Go get a Droid, or an I phone.

Internet 2/10 Lack of connection downgrades this

Pros

• Nothing

Cons

• No Reception, Battery life is shit even with extended battery

iblackdroid
posted on 01 May 2012, 19:51 (Posts: 67; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)

Love

iblackdroid has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love the experience on this phone. The screen is beautiful to look out and 4G on Verizon is a dream. Android 4.0 is also very nice especially with the new on screen buttons. Some people don't like the feel and say it's "plasticy" but I personally like the feel and it adds to the nexus's durability.

iblackdroid alternatives:

RedblackG
posted on 25 Aug 2012, 17:58 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)

A worthwhile investment

RedblackG has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Within the first two weeks of having the phone I noticed a lot of bugs and glitches. I'm not sure if that was with the OS or the user, either way after a couple of weeks it seems to have smoothed itself out and it runs optimally now. Coming from a Blackberry I was used to phenomenal reception and this has been an adjustment but I've made do because of the other bonuses of having this phone. If I stay in major metropolitan areas I have no issue with reception, it's when I get farther out in the boonies that it starts to become an issue.

The screen quality surprised me. In direct comparison to the LG Spectrum, I don't think the Nexus has very true color to it. The resolution on the screen is better than other phones, though.

Battery life is what I was expecting but it is not so hot. The first day I got the phone it was charged overnight and within three hours of me picking it up I had to recharge the battery because it was down to about 8%. Mind you I was setting everything up, using the browser, downloading applications an all of these use quite a bit of battery but I was surprised that it was dead that fast.

Reception 6/10 I came from a Blackberry which had awesome reception but now I have to be careful where I travel, or when I make my phone calls when I travel because the reception in rural areas is marginal.
Call quality 9/10 There was an issue with the speaker originally which made people sound like they were in a tin can however, there has since been a software update and it seems to be working just fine now.
Internet 10/10 I don't live in a 4G area yet but when I travelled to Detroit, MI the 4G worked wonderfully!! Even on 3G this phone kicks the pants off of most other phones as far as speed goes. I did notice that I had to download adobe flash when I got the phone.
Camera 9/10 Very nice quality, I expected an 8mp camera though on such an advanced phone.
Text input 7/10 With such a large screen I would expect that the virtual keyboard would've been a bit larger but nothing I can't overcome. The speech to text works awesome though.
Battery 6/10 Yowza.... I know it has a huge screen and requires a ton of power but this is probably the worst part about this phone.

Pros

• Browser speed (even on 3G)
  • Display resolution
  • ICS
  • Pre-loaded with only bare essentials
  • Build quality

Cons

• No Micro HDMI port

issa8
posted on 13 Apr 2012, 15:09 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)

I love Android but...

issa8 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I really love Android, and I would still take this phone over an iPhone 4S anyday, but Google seriously needs to get it together! Why so cheap with the materials used? Can't they make it a little more appealing with the design?

This is my second Galaxy Nexus from Verizon and the call quality is still HORRIBLE! Everyone sounds like a robot! I thought Verizon was supposed to have the best quality service ever...? I had AT&T before, and I dropped calls constantly, but at least I could hear what the person on the other end was saying the majority of the time.. Now I don't drop many calls but everyone sounds like a staticy robot, and I live in the bay area of CA, the tech hub of the world.

Other than that, I love the UI, the camera is pretty good, the display is so gorgeous.

Pros

• Gorgeous display
  • Feels good in hand
  • ICS is beautiful
  • Snappy performance
  • 4G LTE is blazing fast

Cons

• Cheap quality and lackluster design
  • Horrendous battery life
  • Horrible call quality

issa8 alternatives:

brandom84
posted on 10 Apr 2012, 16:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)

Nexus

brandom84 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Good phone, glad i bought it. only wish they had worked out all of the bugs before coming out with a ICS phone but i guess it's the price you pay to be first in line. overall i really like this celly.

Pros

• Great screen
  • very responsive
  • ICS
  • NEXUS
  • Thin

Cons

• camera could be better
  • reception issues due to software
  • razr maxx set new battery standards

goehme
posted on 04 Apr 2012, 11:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)

Perfect Android Phone For People That Need More Than A Phone!

goehme has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I came from a Droid Charge, and I paid full retail for this one. Worth every penny! I was tempted to leave the phone stock because everything on it ran perfectly and didn't have apps that annoyed me. If you are an experienced techie type I highly recommend this phone. I currently have 19-25 hours on the extended battery while the phone is running up to 1.65 Ghz. Talk about a fast phone with tons of power at the user's finger tips.

Build quality 10/10 I work in varying environments, lately in a construction zone. I have dropped this phone a few times, only has one light scuff mark on the side. Screen has one scratch noticeable to those looking for it. As of lately it's in an Otterbox for extra protection.
Reception 9/10 Some areas I would expect better coverage as my Droid Charge did, but still haven't had any reception issues.
Call quality 10/10 Calls are clear, and don't drop. No complaints from other's about wind or static sound.
Internet 10/10 Fast...4G fast.
Multimedia 10/10 Big display with beautiful colors, deep blacks (as a pure black color will turn off the led).
Camera 10/10 Not a 8MP but it is a higher quality 5MP. When are we going to need to print the photos we take on more than a 5x7? Chances are if you need that you should use a pro camera not a phone.
UI speed 9/10 ICS interface with a 1.2 Ghz dual-core is not a problem. A little sluggish at times as the stock processor has to speed up.
Everyday usage 9/10 I use this for personal and work so it sees a lot of use.
Text input 10/10 With such a large screen, keys are easy to hit. I moved to SwiftKey because I can theme it to an ICS look/feel.
Display 10/10 High-res, deep colors, large screen...Perfect for streaming video.
Battery 9/10 My battery lasts a long time for the amount of time I spend on the phone. Standard Battery: 14-17 hours of moderate-heavy use Extended battery: 19-25 hours of moderate-heavy use

Pros

• Fast Processor
  • ICS
  • Verizon LTE 4G
  • Battery Life (Relative to Phone's Power)
  • Easy to modify (Root/Custom ICS for experienced users)

kshortreed
posted on 01 Mar 2012, 22:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)

disappointed

kshortreed has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

first new phone in 4 years. had no idea it would be such a frustrating experience. Verizon says there is a software update on the way that will fix the call issues. I sure hope so, otherwise i'm done with this one.

Build quality 7/10 cheap plastic back that snaps on and off, likely the tabs will break after a few uses
Reception 2/10 cannot keep signal long enough to make any calls, getting new phone tomorrow, but suspect it's the software, not the phone, doubt the new phone will fix the issue
Call quality 2/10 can't have good quality if you can't make calls. I've had the phone for a week and have used it less than 10 min total for calls, constantly dropping, no signal, etc.
Internet 7/10 internet is good when in area of wifi coverage, otherwise you're out of luck
Camera 8/10 no complaints with the camera so far
Everyday usage 2/10 after all, it's supposed to be a phone 1st. so everyday usage is a no-go
Display 10/10 love the display
Battery 4/10 hate the short battery life

c.hack
posted on 29 Feb 2012, 14:42 (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)

Disappointing

c.hack has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The phone looks much better on the web than in person.

The first impression I got is that it is cheap. It is made of flimsy plastic that is way too flexible. This thing will not last 2 years. Not even close.

The display is very high rez, but the colors are off. Kind of like using fluorescent tubes instead of incandescent lighting.

But, worst of all, the reception is so unreliable it is unusable as a phone.

Pros

• Good battery life for an LTE phone
  • Google phone, so at least it will get updates, unlike most droids

Cons

• Horrible reception
  • Poor build quality
  • Camera and display not as good as expected

hitdog042
posted on 26 Feb 2012, 15:06 (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Apr 2011)

Great, if it could receive calls

hitdog042 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is my second Nexus, same issues as the first. I live in an area with a SOLID 3G and 4G signal. Never had an issue with any of my past phones, which have included about every android and iPhone Verizon has come out with. With the Nexus, I miss calls daily. People say my phone just keeps ringing on their line, vm never even picks up. This has happened on both, brand new units... both with different sim cards.

I tested this myself with my wifes phone. Called my phone 10 x in a row. It rang 6 times. 4 other times the ringer never went off. It's an issue with the Nexus.

Other than that, great phone all the way around. But if nobody can call you, you may as well go back to a flip phone.

Reception 3/10 Very inconsistent at receiving phone calls. Even after the radio update. Did not help at all.
Call quality 8/10 when you can actually answer the phone, the quality is decent, but not as good as the RAZR or iPhone.
Internet 10/10 4G LTE. Enough said.
Multimedia 5/10 spotify and pandora lose connection all the time. Prob related to the same issue of my phone not ringing.
Camera 8/10 to those saying 5MP.. blah. MP have NOTHING to do with picture quality. all MP means his how big you can blow a pic up. 5MP does 8x10. Camera is very good on this phone..
Everyday usage 4/10 I mean, if you aren't getting all your calls, it's not effective for every day usage.
Battery 10/10 I use the phone plenty and get all day, easy. I don't leave it on 4G unless I'm needing fast internet.

Pros

• fast, slick, gorgeous screen
  • good camera
  • ICS
  • Battery better than the avg smart phone

Cons

• Reception still an issue for this phone

hitdog042 alternatives:

cybervlad81
posted on 13 Feb 2012, 23:16 (Posts: 83; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)

Really like the size and feel of this phone...

cybervlad81 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love this phone, It works very smoothly and the recent release of chrome beta has mad the browsing experience even better. Can't wait to see what comes next with ICS. I do miss the Sense UI from my HTC a little but stock UI is almost as good, I know some are stock all the way. Great thing is, when HTC starts pushing out some ICS device I know someone will make a rom for the GN with sense...

Reception 7/10 Upcoming updates will hopefully make this better
Internet 10/10 Chrome Beta is awesome.
Camera 9/10 The ability to take shot rapidly is wonderful
Battery 7/10 Eats a battery pretty quickly.

Pros

• screen
  • UI
  • Many more

Cons

• reception could be better

aztaxia12295
posted on 11 Feb 2012, 00:08 (Posts: 264; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)

Galaxy Nexus

aztaxia12295 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The time i have had it, it has been amazing, battery life is the only thing i hate. the camera is suspect as well as the build quality, definitely recommend it. if u like screens and big ones you should definitely get it.

Cha7520
posted on 05 Feb 2012, 11:23 (Posts: 201; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)

EXCELLENT PHONE!!!

Cha7520 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

You have to understand I'm coming from Virgin Mobile which is a prepaid carrier using Sprints 3G Network and although my bill was around $50 I decided to bite the bullet and finally do the whole "Contract Thing". I got this phone a couple days ago and I'm blown away by it. I don't even know where to begin! I LOVE the 4.65" HD super Amoled Display, its very snappy, and of course its 4.0 Icecream.

Build quality 8/10 I love the way the phone looks, but the backing of the phone is made of a very thin plastic.
Reception 10/10 The Receptions is very good. No Dropped Calls yet!
Call quality 10/10 Call Quality is excellent! People say I sound a LOT more clearer and crisp!
Internet 10/10 Web pages on the 4.6" HD display is amazing!! Pinch to zoom and scrolling is very smooth!
Multimedia 10/10 I love the 4.0 OS...took some getting use to, but love it!
Camera 10/10 Even though the Camera is only 5MP...the quality is a LOT better than my other phones with a 5 MP.
UI speed 10/10 The 1.2Ghz processor is very fast and snappy.
Everyday usage 10/10 The phone is Big enough to enjoy web browsing, but small enough to fit in your pocket.
Text input 10/10 To be honest, I don't like the new keypad for 2.3 (4.0), I downloaded go SMS...love it!
Display 10/10 OMG...where do I begin? 720 HD Super Amoled Screen....you can't beat that!
Battery 8/10 The Battery life actually isn't too bad. They have extended Batteries.

Pros

• 720HD Display
  • Thin build
  • 4.0 OS
  • Dual core Processor
  • 1 Second shutter speed on Camera
  • 1080p Video
  • Phone Charges very fast

illbirz
posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)

Phone for those who want freedom

illbirz has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Greatest Android on the market as of right now, with the exception of maybe the Razor Maxx. The phone gives you the ability to use it and treat it like a personal computer. Dont recommend for it for people who are new to the world of smartphones, and highly recommend it to those who use to have Nokias or other Androids. You still get the option of tweaking and customizing, and still manage to be part of the enormous droid family.

Build quality 9/10 A 9 for the lack of some of Metal piece.
Reception 8/10 Could be because of the provider.
Call quality 10/10 Great call quality. Front and back mics work great together to cancel noises.
Internet 9/10 Again could be the provider.
Multimedia 10/10 Will suffice for a portable movie player on a plane.
Camera 8/10 Still photos are that of a 5 mega pixle. The photo and video capabilities and options are what puts the camera rating at 8. E.i. the freeze frame video recording.

Pros

• ICS
  • Curved HD Screen
  • Battery life (for a droid)

Cons

• Still photo taking
  • Occasional Reception problem

bgapfire
posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:33 (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Jun 2010)

Galaxy Nexus Review

bgapfire has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Build: I read people complaining of Samsung's use of plastics in phones and wonder why it is a complaint. It is DURABLE! The phone feels solid and I have comfort knowing the phone won't shatter if it does take a spill. Flimsy battery door? Who cares? It is a battery door! You can't ding a phone for having a flimsy door. The phone is comfortable in a pocket or a case due to the lighter weight and solid feel.
Recpetion/ Call quality: I live in a strong LTE area and all of my business is done in strong LTE locations. I haven't had one issue with a 4g/3g handoff, call drops, or reception at this time. My callers have not commented on a robotic voice. They always comment of a crystal connection.
Internet: The browser is fast, fluid, and functional. Pages load fast, scrolling is 99% lag free. I enjoy having the desktop request readily available.
Multimedia: I primarily use the Google Music app and it works flawlessly. I love using Google's ecosystem.
Camera: It does what it needs to do. I don't have the complaints of others. Megapixels don't make a good picture people! 5 MPs are more than sufficient for a phone. The picture quality is more than acceptable for a phone. I can use it confidently for quick situations while out and about. I think people get caught up in too many marketing terms and ding a camera on a phone too harshly. This doesn't mean there aren't better camera phones available; it just means this is more than functional.
Display: Prior to purchasing this phone, I really...

Build quality 10/10 Plastic is durable! The phone feels solid.
Reception 10/10 No dropped calls at the time of this posting.
Call quality 10/10 Crystal clear.
Internet 10/10 Very fast and functional.
Everyday usage 10/10 ICS is very clean and fluid. Looks as if it belongs now.
Display 10/10 Super Amoled HD. What more can be said? People make too much over pentile matrix.
Battery 8/10 It has lasted a full business day for me and that is sufficient.

Pros

• ICS

Cons

• Speaker volume

dinodxynez
posted on 21 Jan 2012, 23:38 (Posts: 6; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)

Unstoppable! I love this phone!

dinodxynez has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

There are far too many aspects I can touch on but, overall, all I can say is that my experience with this phone has been absolutely excellent. I'm a very heavy social network user, I depend on my job's Exchange server for all of my business needs, multimedia is by far excellent, call quality is great and Google's custom apps are absolutely incredible. Google's video Hangout (and video Google Talk) over data can't be beat. Quality of the phone's build is awesome, really feels good in the hand.

Finally but, absolutely not the least, watching my HD videos have never been so satisfying.

Build quality 10/10 Although plastics are used, the build feels solid in the hand. The glass is also very solid and scratch resistant.
Reception 9/10 It's very rare that I have no reception. I know there have been some reports of problems in this area but, I'm in New York City and I've yet to have any issues after 1 month.
Call quality 10/10 Very clear, crystal clear actually.
Internet 9/10 When the 4G is up and running, this thing is unstoppable. Casual browsing over the internet is by far the best experience I've had.
Multimedia 10/10 Incredible integration of multimedia. Where do I even start? Video editing, music, photo sharing, social networking ~~~ flawless!
Camera 9/10 Quality of photos could be better but, this wasn't a deal breaker for me although I do take plenty of photos on a daily basis. Overall, the camera itself is actually very [very] good. Plenty of options and custom settings to go around.
UI speed 10/10 UI speed is absolutely amazing; even the slightest glitch (and I mean it is almost unnoticeable), the UI never skips a beat.
Everyday usage 10/10 Can't go wrong. It's incredibly easy to use and easy to go from one process to the next without a problem. (and I use it all!).
Text input 9/10 Awesome, auto correct is the best thing that ever happened to mobile computing and it is very easy to glide through the keyboard.
Display 10/10 I'm speechless. There's NO BETTER screen ~~ PERIOD.
Battery 8/10 Should have come with a larger battery. But, with some careful customization to the data hungry device, I can go almost an entire day if I set-up my device carefully throughout the day.

Pros

• Screen, UI, Multimedia is unstoppable
  • Google Apps on the device are amazing!
  • Overall usage is flawless, hands down.

Cons

• Battery should have been larger.

SoldierBoy222
posted on 13 Jan 2012, 16:09 (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)

Average Phone, nothing great besides ICS and big screen.

SoldierBoy222 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have had this phone for 2 weeks and i like my phone. I upgarded from the droid eris by htc.
i added volume+ app in order to increase speaker volume beacause it is simply way too weak on its own.
The screen is big and its awesome to play games and use apps. unfornutely it draids the hell out of your battery, even with the exteneded battery. with the exteneded battery you get I got 6-8 hours of heavy usage. this is average for a standard battery but should not be the case with an extended battery.
the phones audio quality when making calls is just ok, not good for a new series of phone.
camera is ok but only for outside daytime use, ok for night with high contrast. other than that it is completely horrible.

Pros

• display size
  • extended battery is compatible with most cases(otterbox defender)

• speaker volume
  • cheap build material
  • call quiality is ok, nothing good

Skidro13
posted on 05 Jan 2012, 14:07 (Posts: 53; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)

Dream Phone

Skidro13 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love nearly everything about this phone. The LTE is very quick, and the dual core pushes the phone to have a very fluid and satisfying feel. The ear buds that came with it are pretty great as well. I get a solid 12 hours of battery on normal to heavy usage. It is future proof unlike the razr or rezound which is why I bought it. Its no wonder the Galaxy Nexus has been called "The best phone ever made" my multiple sites.

Pros

• Great Screen
  • Awesome Keybord
  • ICS
  • LTE

mobileuser
posted on 03 Jan 2012, 18:59 (Posts: 66; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)

An average phone, not that great

mobileuser has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Pick up this phone instead of the Razr, what a wrong decision. Two days after having this phone I already feel I want to get rid of it because of the ugly curve surface like the Nexus one. Every time I look at it, I feel the phone has a bend screen. Also, the call quality is very poor. The earpiece volume is too low for me and it drop calls quite frequently. The UI in ICS 4 are good but not ease of use. I like the 4 capacitive buttons more than just the 3 in the nexus because I feel I am in control of the phone with more buttons than less,althought it is better than some of the Gingerbread phone. The camera is just average and is not as good as SGSII. When try to take a video, I noticed that it shoots at a lower frame rate than the razr. The multimedia is however quite good. Th batetry life is rather poor under the LTE network.I hope I have the smart actions apps in the Razr so that I can use it to save the battery power.
Also, I fidn out that thsi phoen is not as quick as otehr android phoen runnign gingerbread, I lose in most benchmark test. All in all, I am not enjoying this phone becasue I get upset about the bend screen and the heavily plasticity feel. I deeply regret that I did not take the Razr to start with.

Build quality 4/10 The screen surface is curved and the feel like too plasticity. I love metal construction like that of the razr or the Sony Ericssion Speria arc.
Reception 4/10 Drop calls frequently
Call quality 4/10 Earpiece volume a bit too week.
Internet 6/10 Not very fast downlaod speed even on 4G. Lost connection sometimes
Multimedia 7/10 Play music quite well though.
Camera 7/10 so so camera. not as good as SGSII.
UI speed 7/10 UI ahs no lag, but having only 3 buttons make me feel insecure shoudl I make something wrong,I have less button to press than gingerbread.
Everyday usage 6/10 Not a good practical phoen for daily use becasue sound volune and call quality too poor. may be good for web browsing though.
Text input 8/10 Text input is good though
Display 8/10 The display is good, but not the best
Battery 4/10 battery life too short under 4G LTE network. No free and easy way to reduce power consumption such as that of a smart action.

Pros

• Big screen 4.65 inches
  • ICS 4.0

Cons

• curved surface
  • earpiece volume

wildabeast84
posted on 01 Jan 2012, 06:41 (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)

Good Device, Bad Phone

wildabeast84 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Now that I traded in my Galaxy Nexus for a Droid Razr my reception is great! I'm getting between 63dbm and 75dbm at one spot where i was getting 110 on the Galaxy Nexus! I must say even though I waiting so long for the Nexus I now wish I went straight for the RAZR. I'm very happy now that I have reception and the call quality is better, the speaker is better, and it feels much smoother when i have home screens loaded with live wallpapers. Yes it's not as developer friendly or dosn't have a hd screen but other than that it's loads better than the Nexus.

Build quality 8/10 Good overall but still no thrill plastic
Reception 4/10 4g service yeilds over 100dbm in areas with other 4glte phones get 55-75dbm
Call quality 4/10 Constant static robotic sound, low speaker strength
Internet 9/10 Smooth and responsive and great looking text on 720p screen
Camera 2/10 fast but blurry pictures that lack detail
UI speed 5/10 slower than my incredible 2 with live wallpapers running not acceptable for dual core.
Everyday usage 8/10 not bad
Text input 9/10 much improved predictive text but no swype :-(
Display 10/10 couldn't ask for a clearer more vibrant display very good!
Battery 5/10 battery was expected to be low but since the signal strength is so low on the 4g i think this is contributing to even lower battery life.

Pros

• screen
  • ice cream sandwhich

Cons

• recpetion
  • call quality
  • speakers
  • slow with live wallpapers

wildabeast84 alternatives: